Now that Sekiro is coming and Souls is taking its long rest, can we finally agree on which was the superior Sequel to 1?

Now that Sekiro is coming and Souls is taking its long rest, can we finally agree on which was the superior Sequel to 1?

Attached: 21412124.jpg (1280x720, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HR3hbaKTVBs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This isn't even a contest, 2 is trash.

Attached: bloodborne_cover.jpg (708x955, 579K)

fpbp

Its say its just different

2 is super uneven and dips to trash territory here and there, but it's interesting
3 is overly safe and boring. lothric wall, lothric castle and dragon place are the only truly great parts

Its shit kys

DaS > BB > DS3 > DeS > DS2

Old Hunters > Iron Crown > Ring City > Artorias > Ivory Crown > Ariandel > Sunkken Crown

anything else is a meme opinion

>3 is overly safe and boring. lothric wall, lothric castle and dragon place

Nigger what

Grand Cathedral, Undead Settlement and Grand Archives are some of the best souls areas period.

Well, ds2 is a bad game, and ds3 a bad souls game, so I guess that 3 because at least it does something good.

BB is amazing from start to finish, DaS everyone knows where it goes to shit.

BB>DaS3>DaS>DeS=DaS2

oh my god shut the fuck up already. you faggots have had this same argument for like 6 years now. do you have a legitimate mental disorder??? do we need a souls sticky?

souls games all had their flaws. i'm not gonna list them because fuck off we've had this discussion about blight town, the fucking chaos pit, the fake bosses, the level layouts, the iframes, soul memory, blah blah blah just FUCK OFF. there's no depth to this discussion anymore. you're a fucking cyst that has burrowed deep into the thigh of this board and left a scar. i hope you're proud of yourself.

I know this is pasta but

>souls games all had their flaws

3 is literally perfect if 1 and 2 didnt exist and 3 was the first souls game i'd be GOTY and people would praise it like the second coming of christ i'd be fucking final fantasy VII tier in terms of being "big"

the mana bar alone should put 3 below anything else

The agility stat being tied to actually having i-frames should put DaS 2 in the fucking dumpster

Dark Souls 2 was new and exciting. Reddit Rolls 3 was just a bad Bloodborne rip off.

Attached: 1534161527812.png (220x220, 40K)

why?

>Dark Souls 2 was new and exciting

Yeah the moment i saw this location i knew i was in for a ride,

Attached: 412142142.jpg (1600x842, 425K)

all Souls game have this even Dark Souls 1.

Attached: 1544152820211.png (402x398, 126K)

Because its retarded with an action real-time based game

Do you really need me to explain why only having a stat increase every couple of levels and giving ZERO INDICATION WHATSOEVER when your i-frames have changed was a bad idea?

Attached: agility and iframes.jpg (863x444, 49K)

You don't even have to use the agility stat in 2 you know, right? It's there for newer players who don't have the dodge timings down yet. If you know how to dodge then you can use those early points to get stronger instead.

Please post such a shitty PS2 tier looking location from 3 or Bloodborne.

That looks pretty cool though? Graphics fags even have opinions on games that weren't released in the current year if that' all you're going to care about.

DS2
>boring bosses for most part
>level design was trash outside of the DLC. The endless hallways and box-shaped rooms really stick out compared to the rest of the series
>no full eye orbs
>ADP was a stupid, pointless mechanic
>same for Soul memory. DS3 managed to handle twinking without killing co-op and invasion builds

Most of DS3's sins were getting rid of the few things that DS2 did right, like dual wielding and NG+ phantoms

Shouldn't*

It's disingenuous to say BB stays the same quality all the way through. It has some bad lategame areas (frontier, mensis, lecture hall) but they're nowhere near Lost Izalith bad. And obviously the DLC elevates it

What is there to dislike about Nightmare of Mensis?

3 was a better sequel and a bettet game overall (i even preferred it to 1 AND bloodborne). BUT that doesnt mean 2 was all that bad. Its definitely the weakest of the souls games, but i'd still give it a solid 7.5/10. Retards here cant into comparisons, thing A always has to be 10/10 GOTY and game B has to be 0/10 what the fuck were they doing

Defend these bosses

>Dragon Rider
>Copypaste Dragon Riders
>Copypaste Ornstein
>Copypaste Gargoyles
>Copypaste Sentinels
>Copypaste Smelter Demon
>Copypaste Lud&Zullen
>Skelly Lords
>Covetous Demon
>Prowling Magnus
>Old Iron King
>Rat Vanguard
>Najka
>Defender & Watcher
>Nashandra
>Ancient Dragon
>Vendrick

The boring encounter design and lack of any interesting new enemies (only new ones are metal dudes which appear for 1 room and pose little thread). Not to mention a disappointly easy endboss

>one color game
>dead pvp
No

It will be easy to determine soon. After Sekiro comes out, some people will include it in their Souls game rankings. Their opinion is wrong, so the game they think is worse will be actually the better one

Anyone else seen this cuck do a no hit run in DS2 and fail at the very last boss when it close to defeating it yesterday?

Attached: c072457bde806e51-profile_image-300x300.png (300x300, 69K)

>actual poise
>power stance
>much less linear
>buffing infused weapons
>better pvp hitreg
>best build variety in the series, viable int/faith builds
>actual reasons for ng+/more replayability
>better character creation
>no soul memory
>better lore and general world/enemy design
>better bosses
>better animations
Off the top of my head. 3's pvp was completely fucking broken after they buffed hyper armor, if you can't out-HA or out-range your enemy there's nothing you can do, because you either roll around for 10 minutes or get 2 hit for 90% of your hp. Not to mention the only invaders you ever get at low levels are all twinked to fucking shit with buffed DSAs. I enjoyed 3 and got 100% on it but I honestly felt like I had more fun on 2.

>can we finally agree on which was the superior Sequel to 1?

Why? Can't you just like what you like?

BB > DaS > DaS3 > DeS > DS2

Old Hunters > Ring City > Ivory Crown > Artorias > Ariandel > Iron Crown > Sunken Crown

Attached: ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u2.png (413x549, 85K)

Again? I was there months ago when he got hit by Ivory King, the last in an all bosses run. He was a broken man for weeks after that. I kinda like the guy desu

VODs?

Bloodborne would've been a lot better if it wasn't a 15fps chromatic aberration eyerape fest.

DS2 is not only the best souls game it is in the top 10 games of all time. The greatest of great. Level design: perfection. Monster design: perfection. PvP: perfection. Let me tell you that nothing comes close in the past 4 years. Nothing.

>ariandel above anything
how? the only good things about it are the weapons

nice meem

you should try playing it before shitting on it
I really liked the setting and atmosphere. Friede was intense, the dialog was good and the way it was all connected at the end was a nice surprise.
I also liked the optional content.

Attached: __enlarged_head_patient_and_lady_maria_of_the_astral_clocktower_the_old_hunters_and_etc_drawn_by_mur (900x736, 259K)

3 was a good game

DS3 is the worst, shields being overpowered and Poise reworked made everything too easy and all the fights play out the same way. Not to mention what few bosses there are, are gimmicks.
DS2 has its load of problems but at least it's challenging and asks something of the player, DS3 is over the moment the player realizes they just have to R1.

this

Butthurt, the post.

NK, Dancer, Legion, Gael, Demon Prince, Freide and the Soul of Cinder were all reasonably challenging and you couldn't just mash R1

yeah it's different because DS3 feels good to play and DS2 doesn't

>DS3 was like Bloodborne
>implying that's a bad thing

Your claims are all false.

I played it at launch. Beat it and never touched it again because it was actually giving me headaches.

everything would feel good for shitters when they can stunlock everything with R1 spam and infinite roll

that might be an unrelated symptom of autism

I just replayed it co-op with my brother and it was even better the second time

you could r1 spam the dancer to death with a dark hand and kill her in like 2 minutes at level 1 because it doesn't have any stat reqs

are you actually bragging about how clunky DS2 feels?

i play STR characters

Ah yes one roll and one attack repeat for 1000 times because your character have shit stamina by design and one attack takes like 2 seconds to go off is good gameplay

Dark Souls 2 is the definition of kusoge.

DS2 had some interesting ideas I wish had been carried over to DS3.

>powerstancing
>weapon parries
>NG+ actually gives a few more spawns and lets bosses drop aditional boss souls to turn into weapons, like the Soul of The Old Dead One for the Crypt Blacksword
And most importantly
>Bonfire Ascetics so if you wanted to farm a boss, you could just drop that instead of having to run through the whole game again

But overall, DS3 is a bit better.

>DaS3 itself is now arguing in these threads

DeS has mana too

No. The Souls fanbase has to be fucking insufferable about the games.

Gael and Legion were easy, Demon Prince is a lazily designed boss composed of recycled assets, Soul's attacks do no damage, and Friede has three phases, which is completely unnecessary and makes the boss feel less like a genuine challenge.
I'll concede that NK and Dancer were good, along with Pontiff and Aldrich.
Compelling.

>2
>actual poise
It was fucking trash in 2 tho, 1 was the only one to pull it off properly

Wouldn't want Dark Souls to be hard would we
Better make Estus Flask and Homeward Bone instantaneous

Its not harder, just more tedious

Longer =/= Harder

Whats the difference in :

>learn boss pattern
>attack once cause it takes half of your stamina
>repeat for 15 minutes

>Learn boss patterns
>Attack like 2-3 times on openings because your character actually did some cardio
>fight ends in 5 min

Much prefer the second one

Attached: 1541816120850.jpg (780x846, 53K)

The former actually fits the aesthetic of Dark Souls, a horrific and daunting world where you're trying to guide the underdog through a world of giants.
DS3 abandons the sense of hopelessness that makes the series so your character can be an anime protagonist that slaughters droves of baddies.

You can remedy that as you level. The mana bar system only gets worse as you progress and find more spells

>Demon Prince is a lazily designed boss composed of recycled assets
recycled assets that were never used in the game?

How does this make any difference whatsoever to a non-autist?

The burden of proof is on you moron. You’re making claims, not providing evidence for said claims.

yeah but spells are for fags anyway

Attached: wizardology9.jpg (1200x686, 670K)

3 is a better sequel to 1 but when talking about the game itself, 2 > 3

Lol are u serious?

2 must be the ultimate pleb filter

>DS2 DLC level design
>not absolutely horrendous
Some parts of the DLC are the worst parts in any souls game ever

I would assume that everyone in this thread has played these games, as it would be retarded to debate something you don't know about. And everyone who has played DS3 knows that the entire enemy roster is susceptible to getting stunlocked, and too many of the bosses are gimmicky, see Wolnir and Deacons.
It's pretty noticeable when you're fighting two of the same guy at once, yes.

Like, only plebs are liking it?
I guess. It's the easiest souls game by a large margin after all.

I would disagree. I think 1 is the easiest by a large margin.

I'm sorry you didn't like it, user.

For me, it brought back everything I loved about Souls level design that felt like it was missing in DS2. The sense of scale, the use of vertical space, the organic shortcuts.

DS2 would have been so much better if it were just a bunch of disconnected areas that you access through a Hub, like Demon's Souls.

Attached: ds2 dlc.jpg (1200x2016, 370K)

If we are talking about level 1 runs, I'd agree.
It's easier to exploit these mechanics in DS2 though.
Also, DS2 has Dark, and Dark is overpowered.

Well, it's an exaggeration to say that DS2 DLC has a horrendous level design, but I also think it's true that some parts of DS2's DLC are the worst parts in any souls game.

>area you're only supposed to have on your screen for 2 seconds

Yeah, I wouldn't spend a week making that look pretty either.

>It's pretty noticeable when you're fighting two of the same guy at once, yes.
Shit nigger, at least they synergized together. One was always berserking and the other attacked from the distance. It felt like From actually put some thought into how you would be fighting them, as opposed to shit like the copypasted Gargoyles or Ruin Sentinels in DS2.

I bet this nigger didn't even like Frigid Outskirts

Attached: frigid out.jpg (1920x1080, 284K)

DaS2 was a 6/10 on release and is now a 8/10 with DLC. That game on release was such a fucking mess balance wise and the base game isn't all that good. DaS3 has been a solid 8/10 throughout, the DLC is nothing too special but the base game was at least better with actual pvp systems

For those that missed it, otz got hit on the final boss again and started crying.

Hi Hbomberguy

that's gonna be a big fucking yikes for me brother

> DaS > BB > DS3 > DeS > DS2

perfect list except with the small addition of DeS >>>> eurojank = DS2.

To remove any impression DS2 is a good game.

I dont really remember DS2 but I'm playing DS3 right now (just reached SoC) and I gotta say I'm really let down.

All bosses except for Friede, and Champion Gundir have been total push overs. And I'm more of a casual souls player.
World design just isnt doing it for me either. It doesnt feel as meticulously crafted as 1(except for one region at the end of the game)
I dunno I feel like the magic is gone. Its just doesnt grip me the way DS1 or BB did.
In fact I'm already thinking of playing DS1 or BB again after I finish this instead of going NG+.

>using the sun to navigate during blizzards
>listening closely to the Thundercock horse's footsteps until you can do the dodge timing blind
>running from house to house trying to figure out where you were and what you were supposed to be doing

It had some really cool ideas although the implementation wasn't perfect, like the rest of DS2.

My first time in Frigid Outskirts I felt the same sense of despair as I did in Valley of Defilement in DeS. I honestly didnt think the series would make me feel that again.

DS3 can't be defended because of how broken Homeward Bones are. There is no punishment for losing in DS3, which should be the foundation of the series.
You can spout as many memes as you want about DS2, but at least 80% of the enemies aren't vulnerable to stun locking.

Otzdarva
The guy will never do it. He lucked out so many fucking times in this last run. No way he's having this much luck again.

>I always have to powerlevel my way out of souls games
This is why I consider those games casual. Just play them as they are intended user.
Also I care more about the atmosphere and art direction, which dark souls 2 has NONE.

fpbp

He's gotten that far twice. He can do it again

2, best pvp: fastest matchmaking, most builds, most movesets.
pve/world was trash though.

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO LOOK OVER THERE!!!
how will DS2 fags ever recover

Attached: 1543003315513.jpg (323x241, 13K)

3 has better movesets and better builds

>World design just isnt doing it for me either. It doesnt feel as meticulously crafted as 1

For a chaotic world beyond space and time where multiple unrelated areas are supposed to be dragged together it just seems too planned out and purposely done to the point that it feels like an edgelord's version of Disneyland where you could totally imagine a rollercoaster in the background.

Attached: 20180310153240_1.jpg (1920x1080, 497K)

>better movesets
not without dual wielding, nigga

DS3 ruins the franchise's aesthetic by giving you a character that's overpowered and making almost every enemy a screaming, harmless misfit.

Dreg Heap does the "end of the world and shit's coming together all fucked up" theme better than the entire base game
I believe it was originally cut from the base game and would've been the area leading to the final boss - just compare the Kiln's skybox to Dreg Heap, it's identical, and Demon Prince assets were found in the base game's files

Can we just agree that DS1 is the worst one now?

I actually prefer Nioh now.

Rumors have it that the Dreg Heap was even initially planned for DS2 but they were probably talking about the original version of the Gutter.

>DS3 is the easiest game in the series
>Gets it's dick ridden for free more than any other game in the series
Hmmm

Dark Souls 3 was definitely the better direct sequel to 1. DS2 could have been good if not for 3 things :
>being a part of the Souls series
It clearly had so many King's Field influences and the designers were actually largely KF devs. It did not feel like Dark Souls, it was a mistake to bill it as such.
>development cycle fucked up to high heaven
Original design lead was inexperienced fuck placed there by Miyzaki, resulting in even more rushed development and wasted effort than the rest of the Souls series.
>Massive downgrade from what was originally promised to make it run on ps3/360 gen consoles
Shit graphics, lighting engine broken, torch / darkness mechanic that was touted as a core mechanic didn't matter etc.

Attached: DwPm2HWUUAARSji.jpg (638x1200, 114K)

and DS2 didn't feel like a Theme Park?

>Jungle World
>Desert World
>Lava World
>Poison World
>Ice World

its like I'm really playing NSMB

I love DaS3 but i gotta say i'm replaying DaS2 and it has some weird shit and small details
It also has that fairy tale feel unique to it
And SL1 run is one of the most fucking fun things i've ever done in souls
I honestly wish they went for a different feel with DaS3

Im having a hard time replaying DaS3 and i cant put my finger as to why. Its not that its more linear, as i typically go the same route on replays on the other souls games.

feels like a shitty mmo
like wow, ticking off boxes

>2
Mediocre game that had lots of resources and manpower pulled away by other projects, devs still stuck it out and balanced out much of the bad with lots of build variety, a substanstially interesting story with Vendrick, Aldia, and Nashandra, good PvP, and god-tier DLC both in lore and in bosses.
>3
Despite all the resources and manpower, 3 is a drab disappointment that runs good and doesn't do much else. The lore is nothing but Miyazaki's grimdark fetish getting a blowjob. Areas are basic and linear the moment you get past the High Wall. Bosses are either boring or outright shitty. Build variety is nothing short of disappointing, and the screwy weapon balance turns PvP into a sad debacle and PvE into nothing but a stunfest. The DLC is all around mediocre, with Ashes of Ariandel being just flat out bad.

2 is a shoddy game that tries its best to have good moments, and even delivers some.
3 doesn't even bother trying to be good after the opening and just aims to be DaS1 but darker.

>easiest
LOL i can't even beat any boss without summoning

>ariandel
>above anything
L M A O
M
A
O

you know there's a button that dodges attacks, right?

spoiler this hog

>t. played on release with the 1h black sword
Did you think DaS1 is easy too because you got the black knight halberd on your first kill?

BB > DaS > DeS > DaS2 > DaS3

I don't give a shit what you all think, but these are my opinions. I love all these games and enjoyed my time with them. I just found DaS3 to be the most BORING.

theyre both shit

Attached: 1544466841490.png (1153x3787, 3.88M)

DS3
>DS1 world
>Poison world
>Poison world
>Poison world
>DS1 world

Int and faith being shit in DaS3 is a big factor. FP was a mistake

>das2 babbies still pretending their das is anything but the WORST in the entire oeuvre.

>Incorporates fanservice
>Soulsfags sperg out
This is the only community that does this.

This is the correct ranking. 2 and 3 could be switched and still be correct.

Dark Souls 3 played it too safe that nothing it produces nothing memorable.
I'm sitting here, thinking about playing it to kill sometime while I wait for DMC5 tonight and I can't think of any build that seems to interest me.

Someone suggest a build, or else I'm going Fire Dagger + Irrithyl Straight Sword

DS2 at least has those zones (absolutely poorly) stretched across an entire land.
Meanwhile, the condensed nature of DS3's world makes it look like a goddamn amusement park.

Attached: Capturedrsquoeacutecran2014-12-08agrave001023.png~original.png (640x438, 542K)

Oh right, I forgot that the black sword has the unique ability of giving you instant Estus Flask and Homeward Bones, making all the enemies have a pathetic amount of health, puts bonfires everywhere, makes your shield broken, and makes all the enemies susceptible to getting R1 spammed.
I'll play without it next time.

>makes game 99% fan service
>suprised people call them out on it

Did anyone else stand and CLAP when you got to Anor Londo in DaS3??? I know I did.

Demon Greataxe.
Pick that baby up and go Str. It turns a lot of bosses inside out, especially Sullyvahn and Twin Princes.

I did when I looted an Estus flask five seconds into the game from Oscar's corpse that was leaning on a Lordvessel.

>Undead/knight man
>Screams very loudly
>Has a combo attack
>Has no Poise
>Can be back stabbed
Which DS3 enemy did I just describe?

When I played this game I only did 66 str builds.
My last character was Vordt Hammer + Firebombs (Fun Fact: Firebombs scale off STR)

Maybe I should play BB or DaS:R.

Thanks for proving my point

I still don't see why having rolling i-frames tied to a stat is a bad idea. If you want to defend with a shield, you'll need high strength (for a better shield with high stability) or high stamina (to absorb the blow). So, having the other main method of defending (dodging out of the way) tied to a stat sounds fair to me.

And before you go and say "but it takes more skill to dodge," the other payoff for dodging instead of blocking is that you don't have to carry a shield, saving points in Vitality.

Or you can just get high Vitality and heavy armor and poise-tank everything. Regardless, for the sake of balance, dodging i-frames should rightly have a stat attached to it. Everything else does.

>>makes game 99% fan service
no, you're being hyperbolic
having Anor Londo in the game doesn't mean it's 99% fan service, retard
it has significant lore relevancy alongside being a nice pace of fanservice.

Yea I did.

3 > 2 > 1 > bb > des

lets face it, das1 aged like milk

I have no clue, I was still in a traumatic event regarding a LAVA MILL and a bunch of terrible copy pasta knight bosses

Kalameet > Sinh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Midir
You know I'm right.

Me invading you.

Nice bait. Very spicy indeed.

/thread

this doesnt account for game length or how fucked his build is

so you just reversed the order and called it a day?
gotcha

Demons>1>2=3>SoTFS

Lothric Desserter (Crossbow)
Lothric Desserter (Sword)
Lothric Desserter (Axe)
Lothric Desserter (Spear)
Lothric Desserter (Lattern)
Lothric Knight (Blue) (Sword)
Lothric Knight (Blue) (Spear)
Lothric Knight (Blue) (2H Sword)
Lothric Knight (Red) (Sword)
Lothric Knight (Red) (Spear)
Lothric Knight (Red) (2H Sword)
Lothric Deserter (Bandit Knife)
Winged Knight (Polearm)
Undead Settler (Pitchfork)
Undead Settler (Machete)
Undead Settler Matriach/Priestess
Undead Settler (Hammer)
Undead Settler (Sickle)
Boreal Wanderer
Corvian (Dagger)
Corvian Elder
I can keep going

I liked DaS3, I can't remember anything from DaS2 but I've played that more than DaS3, cause I literally just beat DaS3 in anticipation for Sekiro

It's between DaS3 and 2 you autist. Pick one of them.

Attached: back in my workshop.jpg (560x574, 231K)

This
I am currently replaying through the series. I've played 1 around 7 times, I'm about to finish 2 for the 2nd time, and I've played 3 once, and will do so again after this.2 is such a garbage ass fucking game. It's TRASH. I forgot how bad it was.
>I told myself "Maybe I judged it too harshly. There are some good things about it. I'll give it another chance"
I was wrong. The game is fucking horrible. DS3 has a lot of faults too, and neither game overall reaches the same level as 1, but I'll point out of some of the reasons off the top of my head I've come to hate dark souls 2 again.

>Everything is tied to an agility stat which raises nonsensically with attunement and adaptability
>Strength is no longer 1.5x when two handing except for minimum requirements
>Endurance and Vitality are seperate stats, which would be OK except agility exists, as does the STR change, so the game forces you to spread levels extremely thin with the excuse that soul memory exists, lol, just keep leveling and eventually your build won't feel like ass
>Why does doing any animation from estus to using levers feel like trash, and who's idea was it to have estus NOT heal you when you drink it, but rather heal you AFTER you do the long ass animation to return the flask to your pocket
>Why does your character even take 5 years to casually put it back in their pocket?

(continued)

Attached: DARK SOULS COME AT ME BRO.gif (360x202, 1.61M)

>Can be back stabbed
Just like every other humanoid enemy in souls ever?

The more and more I play DaS3 the more and more I realize how much weaker it is of a title. I use to think it was the best Soulsgame out of the soulsborne:shadows die twice franchise, but now I think it's easily the worst one

>best build variety in the series
Fucking this, DS2 has a lot of problems but build variety isn't one and this made pvp so much better. Try pvp in DS3 and I can guarantee all you will find is faggots in the fallen knight set with the dual katanas

Also the ironclad turtle armor in DS2 was the shit

Attached: ironclad set.jpg (1994x1480, 435K)

(continuing)

>Durability system is extremely poorly implemented. It would be OK if they didn't throw in a million fucking enemies between you and every bonfire. This makes some items in the game completely unusable, like the foot soldier sword, which could have been potentially a great item
>This game's idea of difficulty is throwing in 3 times as many trash mobs at one time than there need to be instead of actually interesting and intellectually challenging design
>iframes during backstabs or parries are removed, so you don't have any high skill method to mitigate the numbers adavantage, and have to rely on kiting for ages, which gets old after a while
>In fact, this game design philosphy cares less about "Let's make challenges for the players" and more about "hehehehe, look how much I can screw over the player"
>For some reason if a mimic's leg touches you, you get teleported to its mouth and die
>Shooting arrows next to a railing makes them stuck in the railing as if you shot them the opposite direction
>Stamina regen with every stamina boost feels slower than vanilla dark souls 1 regen, making the game feel unsatisfying and unfair, when enemies holding gigantic weapons can attack you with infinite stamina
>Piece of garbage turning rate when fighting is horrible design. You can turn 30 degrees with a straight sword, while enemies can do 360 degree pivots with greataxes and ultra greatswords mid-attack.
>The covenants in this game are fucking horrible. Also "Let's claim to be in the dark souls universe, rip off half the covenants, but change every covenant's name to something else to make sure the player doesn't feel ANY continuity is happening at all" is retarded
>"Let's make covenants where we let people summon players into a deathtrap surrounded by 5 enemies and traps, then they can run away and shoot hexes or just go get a glass of water while the player dies with almost zero interaction

(continued)

Attached: dark souls tomb of the giants.gif (338x350, 960K)

>Let's make covenants in general that are designed for the aggressor to have insane levels of advantage, and let's nullify the player's ability to prevent those in any way whatsoever
>The game is absolutely laggy ass fuck, even for the host, for reasons
>Backstab animation is retarded, and for some reason (probably the ridiculous lag), you sometimes start the animation, but then it doesn't go through all the way and other players escape
>Sometimes people teleport behind you and start a backstab animation however
>Parry/riposte overhaul is ACTUALLY retarded design. You have around 2 frames to do a standing riposte, and you get punished for attempting it by breaking the enemy's poise before they reach the ground. The shitty netcode means you'll rarely succeed unless you spend hours learning to abuse it
>Hitboxes are absolutely retarded on a lot of things, especially large bosses where you can get hit by shockwaves even if you're nowhere near the point of impact
>Sometimes you can walk in after a large boss attacked and is stationary, and take damage, because their attack's hitbox is for some reason long duration
>Some bosses can use lingering attacks that knock you down, and keep doing damage so long, that you die the instant you get up again. This happens too often for it to be just a fluke. It's bad design
>A lot of the boss maps are HORRIBLY designed. A lot of them are maliciously designed instead of being challenging. A good example is the old iron king, which has a "never die" safe spot, but also has a hole that you'll get knocked down into if you stand in the middle 50% of the map
>Features a boss with a lot of knockdown effects, while standing almost anywhere kills you by knocking you into lava
>Summoned NPCs fall into lava within the first 15 seconds of battle and someone thought this design was acceptable
>Too often do lightly armored enemies deceptively have a million poise

(continued)

Attached: Dark Souls Ash Lake.jpg (1024x426, 75K)

>Equipment load system is very badly designed, and highly discourages planning out your build, as does everything else in this game
>Every single good weapon in the game except the claymore and longsword has been nerfed into the ground and given a trash moveset
>Even weapons that were niche and almost no one used, like the black knight greataxe
>For some reason, locking onto an enemy and then attacking them can result in you turning around and attacking the air, which usually leads to you dying
>Heavy weapons are especially bad at this. If I wanted to control the direction of my next attack to be backwards, I wouldn't be locking on
>The Gutter is a worse ripoff of Blighttown
>The Black Gulch exists
>Enemies in Harvest Valley just poison themselves willingly and die. Shit design
>If there is even a 1cm drop in elevation, your jump doesn't go off and you often die
>Pilgrims of the Dark covenant is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever seen in a covenant
>"Let's force you to fight 3~4 enemies at once, in an area that has holes literally everywhere" so you have to cheese it, get lucky, or kite nonstop
>Every area is either massive bullshit, or hard to get to from the bonfire (black gulch)
>Dark covenant boss is retarded, because if you find a way to exploit his animations and get off 3+ free hits on both of the bosses, they instantly teleport away
>Have to go through a bullshit area every time you want to fight him
>You are forced to waste human effigies every time you attempt it again, which would be fine if the area before it wasn't full of holes and had 3-4 fully armored enemies run at you at once
>The game in general is designed so that if you aggro one enemy, 2~4 more far away enemies that shouldn't be aggroing gain aggro
>Every SINGLE worthwhile Faith build item is locked behind cancerous shit like the pilgrims of dark covenant, Vestaldt +2, or iron king +2, and miracles are extremely shit relative to pyromancies and sorceries, even hexes
(continued)

Attached: dark souls map.png (636x1908, 647K)

Did you have fun in grey castle and swamp?

Do you have autism?

im not going to read this shit nerd, fuck off

(last one)

>Game world design is shit. Everything is just a linear path outwards from Majula
>Bonfire teleport from the start is horrible design, and should have been removed in DS3
>Forced to level through an NPC for absolutely no reason other than "That's what Demon's Souls did" when it made actual sense in Demon's Souls and makes NONE in the lore of Dark Souls
>Desert Sorceress enemies can explode at melee range without telegraphing the attack at all
>Old Iron King has the same telegraph animation for FOUR seperate attacks, forcing you to utilize the immunity zone in his boss arena, which is not fun or good design
>Probably a ton more shit I'm not remembering right now

The game in general is just full of malicious design that is intended to frustrate players, and make gameplay feel like shit, rather than be challenging and fun to master. Point is, this game is a piece of trash. I forgot how bad it was. Horrible design everywhere. The design philosophy around it is completely against what the original team ever intended for the series. It hasn't evolved in any meaningful way. The few things it improved on are usually badly implemented to begin with, and are not enough to justify for how much of a bastardization and stain on the series this game is.

Attached: dark_souls_guide_by_colinttx-d8ampgo.png (781x1000, 426K)

Glad i waited to get DaS3 for 20 bucks. Such a letdown. All it did was make me want to play BB for the umpteenth time, which I did and had a good time.

What a memorable and challenging cast that is

HOW DO I PASS THE TIME FOR SEKIRO

IM BURNED OUT OF SOULS AHHHHh

Stop being a giant faggot

>lists variants of the same enemy
>"WOW GUISE LOOK AT DS3'S SHIT ROSTER OF ENEMIES"
cherry pickin' at its finest

Make a meme build.

AHEM
youtube.com/watch?v=HR3hbaKTVBs
Dark souls 2 fucking sucks

das3's castles were great, yes. actually all good dark souls have great castles and swamps, das 2 has only 1 good area and that is majula, terrible.

>cherry pickin' is only fine when i do it

>Infinantly spawn enemies
>They all have infinite poise and insane amounts of stamina
Nigger NO ONE liked it.

Yeah I liked the part when I stunlocked the angry zombie guy and took ten steps to get to the next bonfire

Fpbp, though I do think 2 did some things decently.

Theres so many meme builds, pick one for me
Me liking souls doesn't make me a giant faggot.
me sucking cock does

Based & Redpilled

Attached: 1456936612956.jpg (152x152, 8K)

I'm not entirely sure what kind of meme you're trying to push here, but every dark souls/demon souls/bb has shitloads of zombies. the game is all about the bosses, and dark souls 3 has the best bosses in the entire series. The game isn't as good as dark souls 1, but if yhou think the fodder is important and ignore everything else like art direction, level design and bosses, I can understand why you liked hypertrash like SOTFS.

You'd be right if the listed enemies didn't make up the bulk of the game

I'll take reskinned enemies over the absolute shit game design that is Dark Souls 2 any day. I'd rather deal with the same guy often than the entire game be shit 100% of the time.

When did I cherrypick, you sperg? You were listing off different variants of the same trash mob. There are plenty of enemy variety in DaS3. Suck a dick.

its like you actually have to learn how to fight them

God, Drangleic Castle was such a fucking letdown once you got inside of it. Seriously one of the biggest disappointments in the numerous ones I've had with the game.

>here are plenty of enemy variety in DaS3
L O L
Outside Corvians, Ghrus, dogs and demons you're left with generic knights for 90% of the game.

>Game has a boss
>Dragonrider
>ok cool
>Game has another boss later on
>2 Dragonriders

How do you fucking add this boss fight to the game and at the same time don't realize as a From Software Dev that something went horribly wrong with the development and you should reconsider some decisions you made

Attached: 1537352365762.jpg (414x415, 114K)

>DS3 has the best bosses
Are you serious? The majority of them are either gimmicky one notes
>Curse Rotted Greatwood
>High Lord Wolnir
>Yhorm the Giant
>Ancient Wyvern
>Deacons of the Deep
or don't have enough health to be threatening
>Iudex Gundyr
>Oceiros, the Consumed King
>Old Demon King
>Dragonslayer Armour
>Crystal Sage
>Abyss Watchers
And then there's the overuse of multi-stage power ups
>Soul of Cinder
>Sister Friede
>Pontiff Sulyvahn
>Dancer of the Boreal Valley
>Twin Princes
>Gael
You were just awed by the pretty graphics and particle effects, I take it.

this

it felt more like a level out of DMC than it did a Souls game

now tell us who your favourite Souls bosses are

>And then there's the overuse of multi-stage power ups
>this is a bad thing

>Avoiding the point completely
No i fucking know how to fight them thank you for asking. That area is still objectively bad.

This post is a joke, right?
Even if the enemy designs are different, you kill 80% of them the exact same way.

What are the best bosses? I bet they're horribly designed garbage.

yes, I actually got bored inside. I can still remember the first time I entered the side of boletarian palace like it was yesterday, or the first sight of anor londo, or any of dark souls 3's impressive castles.

Best Bosses by game:
DeS:
Astraea (thematically)

DaS
O&S
Artorias

DaS2
Burnt Ivory King
Fume Knight
Sir Allone

DaS3
Demon Princes
Midir
Gael

BB
Ludwig (thematically)
Gehrman
OoK

This game is so fucking bad. Holy shit. I thought you guys were kidding.

It's SO FUCKING BAD

Attached: Dark Souls 2.jpg (1920x1200, 493K)

Just like in every souls game LEL. You're telling me people don't circle strafe and backstab, and parry their way through these games?

>all this autism
leave.

sorry wrong image

Attached: index.jpg (306x165, 8K)

You do that in every single Souls game, but DS2 is the worst offender. Everything either uses the small hollow, big hollow or the fat high poise dual weapon template.

Also, you can use a bow and cheap wood arrows to clear 99% of DS2 mobs without having to deal with their intended dangers.

Dark Souls 3 is inferior to 1 by a long shot, but it's nowhere near as bad as 2. 2 is a stain on the series that I'm sure embarrasses From to this day.

You described every game in the Souls franchise, congratulations.

>people seriously think you need to lvl up adp
faggots

Shitters STILL can't dodge in 2019
5 YEARS AND THEY CAN'T DODGE

L M A O

Looking Glass Knight
Royal Rat Authority
Aldrich, Devourer of Gods
Basically every endgame Bloodborne fight except Lady Maria and Celestial Emissary
Darklurker
Sinh, the Slumbering Dragon
Sir Alonne
>inb4 "muh grab!"
Lud and Zallen
Lost Sinner
I actually liked Pontiff
Chaos Witch Quelaag
Dark Sun Gwyndolin
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
Ornstein and Smough
Knight Artorias
Black Dragon Kalameet
Throne Defender and Throne Watcher

>Royal Rat Authority

Attached: 131342535.jpg (1106x1012, 70K)

More like something the intern cobbled together.

The boss of the area is the same you fought fifteen hours ago, only now there are two of them, the whole area is a nonsensical mishmash of enemies from the whole game, including the executioner chariot walking around in the stairhall for no reason, the level isn't even remotely built like a castle and has some baffling shit like acid-puking statues, the most embarrassing trap room in the entire series that is only an ACME sign away from a Wile E. Coyote trap, a large picture of Nashandra shoved into the corner of a nondescript room, multiple doorways that are too small for the large characters that are supposed to live there to pass through but still feature things like mirrors hanging at their height, etc.
You come across a nonsensical "inverted staircase that only serves to hinder you from backtracking and to make your life miserable, there are a couple of what seem to be placeholder textures in various places, geometry clipping everywhere or even flat out missing, the way that was once supposed to be the secondary way to the castle was hastly covered with a low-res boulder and the throne room is one of the most pathetic looking things in the entire game.
The sound design is fucked with jumping on wet floor sounding like cannonballing into a swimming pool, the environments arround the castle are unlike ANYTHING you just travelled through and nothing is visible from the top of the castle - no Majula, no Shaded ruins, hell, not even the large fucking aqueduct you just passed. Intead you see huge mountains across the sea that aren't visible from Majula.

And the less said about all the quality issues in King's Passage the better - one post alone wouldn't be enough to list what's wrong with that.

Attached: 20190303193845_1.jpg (1920x1080, 246K)

Even if the method is the same, the difference lies in how you can figure it out or strategize.
In DS3 there is no strategy. You just mash your attack button like you're playing Minecraft. At least you occasionally have to avoid things when you're going through DS2's levels.

>Royal Rat Authority
Into the trash this post goes.

>Royal Rat Authority

God compare the room from your pic to pic related, how fucking garbage 2 was is actually amazing

Attached: 412142124.jpg (1920x1080, 423K)

I didn't know more Attack speed meant the gameplay is trash guess using anything that heavy as fuck weapons in Souls means playing in easy mode

Attached: 1540029884672.jpg (399x400, 13K)

Only thing I really liked from 2 was the lore, the game itself had a myriad of problems and I'll never understand the copious amount of fellation that it gets. A single Lothric Knight is a far more interesting encounter than 90% of the mobs in 2.

the high wall in ds3 has shitty textures in places you're not supposed to be looking, wing a right from the first bonfire and go up the tower and then look out over the sections of terrain you can see over a waist-high wall preventing access

It has nothing to do with how fast you kill enemies. The problem is that enemies not having poise means all you have to do is keep scratching them and they can't do anything back, which makes every fight play out the same way.
Lothric Knight, Corvians, any enemy in the Undead Settlement, the Irithyll Dungeon jailers, the Cathedral Knights, and so on. They may as well be the same enemy because none of them have poise.

>That area is still objectively bad.
"Bad" isn't an objective quality. You can't measure "bad".

Stop using words that you don't understand.

>which makes every fight play out the same way
Literally every fucking fight goes the same way in Souls

>dodge
>attack
>repeat

If you oversimplify it like that, sure.
Name the difference between how you kill Lothric Knight, Cathedral Knight, and Pontiff Knights, all completely different enemies in different locations.

I agree on most points apart for

>>better lore and general world/enemy design

I thought DS2 did it better. DS3 was just fan service and felt pointless.
Thanks to DS3 I am now of the school of thought that Hidetaka Miyazaki is an absolute hack when it comes to writing.
I'm convinced that DS1 was a fluke.

Attached: 1479315012038.png (1196x712, 1.26M)

>Throne Defender and Throne Watcher

I'll never understand the love for these niggers. It's like someone said "what if we take the S&O fight only we give them the same weapon and like attacks each!"

"Great idea! And instead of powering up for a second phase, let's give them a revival mechanic that never gets used because it takes 45 fucking seconds to activate!"

Attached: confused man.gif (666x373, 998K)

You don't need that difference as long as the gameplay is fun which it is 3 and not in 2

t. lorelet

>DS1 was a fluke

The game after getting the Lord Vessel if garbage compared to first half. I don't know why everyone gives DS1 a pass for this these days.

Dark Souls is meant to be hard, not just fun. Thank you for proving my point that DS3 gets its dick sucked because it's the franchise's easiest entry.

Nigger are you stupid? I can objectevly prove that that area is low qaulity in comparison to nearly every level in ds2 for example
>Game spam ambushes you with enemies that can DOESN'T STOP
>no real structures besides one shack
>Practically forced to wrangle enemies, because getting caught out in the open will get you swarmed
>Gameplay devolves to running around a building and picking off enemies because of the shitty ai one by one
>After all that still have to fucking run nearly 2 minutes to the next bonfire.
You fucking ds2 apologist face the facts that dark souls isn't fit for long sustained swarm combat when the main reliable source of hitting people (locking on) is not advised due to how much shit is on the screen is an issue.

>Dark Souls is meant to be hard, not just fun

Next you are gonna say the Black Gulch is a good area because its hard

Attached: 1538423458478.jpg (487x496, 102K)

The deadzone in DaS2 is fucking retarded.

The best and MOST PATRICIAN opinion is that III is better, but would be the best Souls game if it had some of the features of II.

I don't even know what area a DS3 shill's go to would be. Every single one of them is exactly the same except maybe for Farron Keep.

This is really only the start of things, but most of these are objective fact. Miserable experience from start to finish.

Attached: 1506317591784.jpg (900x1023, 112K)

>b-b-b-but DaS3

what is the correlation between the number of structures and overall quality?

Let's see your formula.

>Royal Rat Authority
>Lost "So easy you can beat him blindfolded" Sinner
>Gwyndolin
>Throne Defender / Throne Watcher
>Dark "Let me telegraph all my moves with a 5 second animation so it's piss easy, but teleport away if I take 2 hits" lurker

Shit taste. The only good DS2 boss among these is Looking Glass Knight, but even he was too easy.

Attached: 1451614448212.png (2099x480, 60K)

You literally just deflected to DS2 while talking about DS3.

>Royal Rat Authority

AHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>*Breathes in*

AAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1398094560112.jpg (592x492, 39K)

He's getting progressively better, and actively finding new strats to reduce stress. It's only a matter of time at this point. At least someone loves DS2.

No my dear friend you stated that the game was supposed to be hard not fun which is retarded and i just compared it to an objectively garbage area in a Souls game that belongs to the worst souls game but that wasn't intentional which you probably like saying as hard = good fun=bad

Easy, i would love an actually well crafted area with substance than a blizzard wasteland. ones objectively more empty than the other. you cant have multiple paths to the same area in an open field. Imagine an icy outpost or some form of village instead of one fucking building in the outskirts.

>Royal Rat authority is a good boss
>Lady Maria isn't

Attached: Valtr 3.gif (540x330, 449K)

>Royal Rat Authority

Attached: 1501158289065.gif (250x188, 2.12M)

They're both needlessly oversized rooms, with a sparse amount of enemies in the middle.

>Different IP
You aren't even trying.

As a longtime souls fan I really enjoyed all of them but 2.
2 felt so off.. like a knock off honestly. Nothing felt right in that game and the shockwaves were so punishing.

>needlessly oversized
One of them has good level design with sensible shortcuts, and just visually looks appealing. The other is a blank slate and looks ugly.

DS > DeS > 2 = 3

How is that mod for 1 that released recently that supposedly changes the whole game adds bosses etc. etc.

Attached: 576546346.jpg (1080x1080, 91K)

Daughters of Ash? It's okay. There's a few "gotcha" bs moments in the mod but that's part of the fun.

Attached: 1458533370716.jpg (196x199, 12K)

Yeah it's not like the game's difficulty was heavily used for marketing for every single game in the franchise
The point is, you like DS3 because it's the easiest game, which goes against what most people look for in a DS game.

Good level design? Nah, it's just mile wide space in every direction. Literally you can just walk around everything, without even aggroing anyone.

The shortcuts all lead to other slightly less huge, but still oversized rooms with a couple of enemies sprinkled here and there. DaS3's level design is atrocious. You can tell that the graphic artists just went nuts creating assets, and then they were lazily cobbled together in some fashion that vaguely resembles a level.

Okay soulsfags, what are your thoughts?

Attached: sekiro shadows.jpg (6243x3508, 1.29M)

So about the majority that likes pretty much any DaS except 2? Are you claiming 2 is some sort of casual filter that only true Souls fans will understand?

>you like DS3 because it's the easiest game, which goes against what most people look for in a DS game
How2spot a newfriend to the series.

>You can tell that the graphic artists just went nuts creating assets, and then they were lazily cobbled together in some fashion that vaguely resembles a level.
Wow, that's some pretty impressive insight

What do you think the design process was for DS2's world design?

lmao

What area of which game is this?

Attached: 1376712767886.jpg (797x599, 26K)

>Graphics don't look like puked ps2 shit

its 3 of course my friend

cathedral of the deep

Cathedral of the Deep.

Attached: 1551734849164.png (809x446, 427K)

the big Cathedral in the upper right corner

King's Field II > DaS 2 > King's Field IV > Lords of the Fallen > Bloodborne > King's Field > DeS > King's Field 3 > DaS > Nioh > Superman 64 > Das3

Attached: 1493661305162.png (989x1018, 617K)

>Kings shits

Cringe

I bet you haven’t even played half of them.

Pretty much the same thing actually. That's why everything is clearly tiled in DaS2. But you can still see the shitty design process in most boss rooms. Everyone is shitting on the Royal RAt Authority, but the room actually looks pretty cool. It's clear that they had no idea what was going to be in the room when they designed it. so they just scaled it extra big, so that anything could fit inside. Same thing with Demon of Song, and Smelter Demon... I could go on. They're just huge generalized arenas.

Even the DLC that Many DaS2 fans laud are the biggest offenders of this lazy design. It's SO apparent that they create these oversize assets in blocks. And then kind of fit all the blocks together, and then sprinkle enemies inside. You can see this all throughout DaS3 as well. There's no way the Deacons of the Deep were designed for that boss room. Or rather, the boss room was designed with anyone in mind. They just made a huge general room, and then they placed the Deacons in the front center.

The difference between DaS2 and DaS3, is that DaS2 actually does work on making interesting encounters more than DaS3. Someone is actually combing over the levels, and cutting out access, and crafting situations. Also, DaS2's overall world is connected in such a way, that you can play very non-linearly. The game dips severely in quality near the end, because you get funnelled into this linear path.

>King's shit and LotR being above anything but dogshit
niggerish taste

Ironically the faster combat from 3 would suit Gank Souls 2 perfectly with how much trash that piece of shit throws at you

Attached: 1541225819065.jpg (443x455, 96K)

It's the pre-release version of Cathedral of the Deep btw. That's why the lighting is nothing like the original game. It's a trailer with sweetened graphics. The user wouldn't post what it actually looks like in game.

>The user wouldn't post what it actually looks like in game
Looks better than all DaS 2 areas combined

Attached: 253253253.jpg (1600x900, 1.01M)

2 makes it so you have to think about what's around you. Prepare, strategize, and respond to danger appropriately. The byproduct of this, is that the game feels a little sluggish at times.

3 allows the player to play like absolute trash, as long as they spam enough rolls to iframe through everything.

you forget The surge

Jokes on you. I just couldn't find a good in-game shot of the same room. Thanks, bucko. now you can really see how pointless all that decoration is.

"DS2 is haaard what a bade game"

>What do you think the design process was for DS2's world design?

Judging by the lesser known concept art: "just draw some pretty fantasy pictures - maybe a game will come out of it later on".

Attached: ds-2.jpg (970x2872, 756K)

>DaS 2 apologists are so fucking braindead that details in areas are now a bad thing

>circle strafe
>backstab/parry
or
>spam hexes
wow much thinking

DS2 feels unsatisfying to play, and is not fun, which is the point of a video game*

>Prepare, strategize, and respond to danger appropriately
>Attack
>Run back
>Attack
>Run back
>Attack
>Run back

Your bending over backwards is amusing because you simply can't refute the fact that every encounter in DS3 can be resolved by R1 spam. It's not up for discussion.

>"why is there a bunch of seats and candles in a dark church"

To show that the world is actually lived in?

Attached: 1546581988208.png (943x968, 472K)

DS3 is harder, since enemies can run 2 inches away from you and heal back to full.

DS2 is just shit and feels awful to play

>It's the pre-release version of Cathedral of the Deep btw. That's why the lighting is nothing like the original game. It's a trailer with sweetened graphics. The user wouldn't post what it actually looks like in game.

At least all the geometry is still in place.

Attached: comparison.jpg (1911x2146, 748K)

If it's so easy, then why can't you do it?
>UHHH WHAT? Why can't I estus immediately! It must be the game's fault! Yes, there are too many enemies! It's the ambush's fault that I died!

DELETE THIS

So can be in Bloodborne and that game is 11/10 a masterpiece, face it simp, 3 is just more fun than 2, yes its easier but tahts because 2 is fucking unfair and clunky as shit, and no its not just slower its plain fucking clunky it feels like the characters in slow motion

Attached: 1544523438452.png (1132x632, 1.01M)

There's a difference between hard and bullshit. Bullet hell games are harder than dark souls 2, but they're not bullshit because they're fair and apply their mechanic consistently in a way that you can master.

Dark Souls 2 is like if a bullet hell game made it so projectiles randomly with no predictabiliy or warning, changed direction and homed in on you at any point in the game.

The details aren't bad per se. It's just that is all the room has going for it. It's not like the room is great design. Like, ok, it connects to other rooms. Big deal, many rooms do that. That's how buildings work. It's just needlessly big, needlessly detailed.

It looks too extravagant. The Deacons are all mindless zombies. The Knights are all mindless zombies. The Giants are all huge retards. Who is responsible for the upkeep? It doesn't make any sense. It doesn't even look like the place was built with occupation in mind. Because it's big enough to fit a small city inside. Like, it's not a place you visit for worship, and then go back home. It's a trek and a half. It's a holiday.

You are fucking autistic if you want to play this games for hours upon hours and try to "strategize" against every gank encounter (which is 3/4 of the game). 2 is the longest exactly because of how you have to fucking play like an old grandpa even against the most basic enemies and also because it has shitty filler bosses all over the place

Attached: 86568567845754.png (782x752, 886K)

>Nooo! Look at this other thing that's bad! Ignore the bad thing of the game I like!

>Enemies can run away and heal
Literally never happens in practice
None of the dangerous enemies in Bloodborne are vulnerable to getting stunlocked.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>upkeep
Torn carpet, dust everywhere, and the statue is sinking into the foundation. I'd hardly call that upkeep. I'll settle with you on the candles those look pretty new or well-polished.

How is

bad you fucking tard

It takes half a second to use estus in DS3

Lmao did you think I was talking about PvE? What a fucking loser. Get good my man.

I have played (and love) the series, retard. I just find it amusing that people think they are hardcore games. Fucking hell, Bamco really screwed the fanbase with the shitty PtD promo material.

Attached: 43292766_407282546473162_5431654156088033733_n.jpg (1080x814, 97K)

>unironic PvPfag

your opinion on game design is worth less than nothing

>You are fucking autistic if you want to play this games for hours upon hours and try to "strategize" against every gank encounter (
Dude, most of the gank encounters only require you to approach suspicious situations slowly, and turn the camera to see what's around the corner. It's not hard at all. But I know you fuckers don't do this, because I watch people play these games on twitch. And a lot of you just two hand your weapon, and dash into every rom like a retard. Or at best, you simply neglect to realize you're about to walk into a new room, before it's too late. Fact is, most players have zero ability to do anything but attack and dodge. Fromsoft figured this out, and that's why they casualized DaS3 to shit.

>2 is the longest exactly because of how you have to fucking play like an old grandpa even against the most basic enemies
No, it just has the most levels of any Souls game. That's literally it.

The lighting was downgraded. In the shot from the trailer, they removed all light, except the light emitted from candles. It gives the place a very dark and atmospheric look. The player character has to hold a torch, just to be seen.

But in the final game, they added an indirect blue tinted light. Which, I'm not really blaming them for. It probably stops crybabies from complaining about the game being too dark. But clearly, they couldn't pull off the cool candlelight.

>Fromsoft figured this out, and that's why they casualized DaS3 to shit.
Not one DS2 boss/enemy/area is as hard as Defiled Watchdog or Midir but even then those things are much more fun than anything in DaS 2

Attached: 23582375237582573.jpg (1018x572, 101K)

>fun
meaningless buzzword

The greatest sin of Dark Souls 2 was the floaty combat and unresponsive animations when attacking or getting hit.

ok. But look how crazy detailed every inch of the place is. It's like 4 sistine chapels merged. Which, I guess was all constructed before the kingdom's downfall. But this is just one fucking room. To a giant complex. The scale of this place, is just insane.

Attached: LEUITRM781EXCLVATMUS-2.jpg (800x531, 197K)

You'd figure a DaS 2 fan would think so

t. Neil Druckmann

Fume Knight is harder than Midir, and your feelings on fun are subjective

>It looks too extravagant. The Deacons are all mindless zombies. The Knights are all mindless zombies. The Giants are all huge retards. Who is responsible for the upkeep? It doesn't make any sense. It doesn't even look like the place was built with occupation in mind. Because it's big enough to fit a small city inside. Like, it's not a place you visit for worship, and then go back home. It's a trek and a half. It's a holiday.
t. lorelet

I never said they were hardcore games.(they are. but I don't want to argue that) The point was the difference in design philosophy between 2 and 3. And how, despite them both being similar in ways, 2 is better designed.

Demons and Bloodborne are the best in the series. Sucks because they're also the only two not on PC.
BB = DeS > DaS3 > DaS > DaS2

3 is shit, feels like a fuckin arcade game, non-stop infinite stamina shit.

2 is slower and more intellectual, you cant just zigzag through and r1 spam things as your best choice.

I don't know about Bloodborne. But Midir is just attack and dodge, with tighter timing, and higher punishments. It's not smart game design. It's just basic lizard brain requirements.

Midir isn't hard because you can just use the Black Knight Shield, which is broken like all DS3 shields.
The game is fundamentally easier than every other game, and Defiled Watchdog isn't a fair comparison because of the nature of Chalice dungeons.

Oh, so a few sentences in item descriptions excuses the shitty level design then? That's how it works?

My nigga nailed it. I even liked DS2 but a large chunk of the enemy design is trash. Those spinning fire lizards, those infinite stamina giants, and broken hitboxes drag it down.

How do DS3 shills defend Homeward Bones being broken? There's never any risk of death if you can teleport out in a literal second. Being punished for dying should be a core element of Dark Souls, but it's not present in Dark Souls 3.

Homeward Bones aren't instant but they're pretty fucking quick in DS1 too and are just as much a get-out-of-jail-free card, very cheap (especially once in Oolacile DLC where you can buy them at 300 souls a pop from Gough).