KOJIMA DOES IT AGIAIN!

SEE YOU IN 2021!

ladbible.com/technology/gaming-hideo-kojima-confirms-that-death-stranding-is-behind-schedule-20190306?source=gamingbible&fbclid=IwAR18EvuXwSv2QY-VeVmYz4T8jcEMZ4y4NvY9W5h2-4lJBcjncMyrVeIhIE4

Attached: 833b88585c7ff03bd0f4b0f0437c10c4.png (808x455, 465K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gJgbjGqfZzg
youtube.com/watch?v=qOIe1bcWAn0
ladbible.com/technology/gaming-hideo-kojima-confirms-that-death-stranding-is-behind-schedule-20190306?source=gamingbible&fbclid=IwAR18EvuXwSv2QY-VeVmYz4T8jcEMZ4y4NvY9W5h2-4lJBcjncMyrVeIhIE4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wait till PS6 for your shitty over hyped pretentious game.

All the devs do all day is watch movies

S-SHUT UP!!!! IT'S PART OF THE RIDE!!!! KOJIMA IS A GENIUS!!!

>”It’s just a slight delay,” says increasingly nervous developer.

I am 90% convinced Kojima purposely took his time so he could put this on PS5

Can we finally assume Kojima alone wasn't the true element that made MGS great?

Who cares, it's movie watching day!

A few of us have been saying that for years, it was Tomokazu Fukushima who was the genius behind MGS

Its going to come out and its going to be a meh game

Motherfuckers. So it's coming out as PS5 exclusive.

>said they were ahead of schedule
>now says they’re behind schedule
What the fuck

>ITS MOVIE WATCHING TIME
>K-kojima san I just want to code please

That was implicit since day one.

>Can we finally start pretending again to conform our confirmation bias
Sure go ahead. Its still bs but if it makes you feel better then please do.

>B-BEFORE TOKYO OLYMPICS GUARANTEED!!
This man is a legit walking joke. A truly pathetic individual whose fame was afforded solely by the competent people around him.

Attached: 1508021801248.png (500x913, 230K)

Kojimadrones really can't have anything but Kojima being the sole god who made Metal Gear what it was.

You don't rush an artist, he needs more gaijin hamburgers and movie nights to ponder his masterpiece.

anyone know if he will be at the next E3? maybe we will know more about the date

Fine, I'd rather it'd be finished instead of half baked, MGSV should have had 2 extra years of development.

Sony are gonna pull a Konami on him and force him to release the "game" in whatever state it's in after he's spent the majority of development time using Sony as a means to fly around the world meeting Hollywood actors and eating shitty pretentious food instead of developing an actual video game.

Sony won't be at E3 user. Your best bet for new info is PSX which will happen sometime in the second half of the year.

if MGSV had 2 more years, it would have had a few more missions and Kojima would have eaten a hell of a lot more hamburgers

He's going to get fired by Sony isn't he? Then he drops the mask and goes into independent film making just like he always wanted.

>MGSV should have had 2 extra years of development.
No, it should have had better financial planning, Konami didn't grow money on trees they were losing their minds with Kojima's never ending expenses.

>watching movies
>travelling
>meeting celebs
>dinning in expensive restaurants
>"movie day" where Kojima forces the entire studio to watch the shitty movies he wants
>buying expensive music LPs
>buying expensive figurines
>constantly posting his shit on twitter

G-guys... the game is going to be delayed... s-sorry

Attached: 1546242146592.png (1920x1080, 451K)

I used to really respect Kojimbo, but he kinda took MGS into Simpsons territory where the number of bad games was going to overtake the good ones.

Not at all. Its a game made by a whole group of creatives.
But pretending the guy who designed the games, controlled most decisions and development isnt the "main head" behind it, is just retarded.

Look at 4, which he only joined halfway through development and was thought out by other people and how its widely considered the worst game in the whole franchise.

sony is not at this year's E3 so he wont be either.

>metal gear solid serie
>lots of bad games
do you have brain damage?

4 is perfectly fine
Also he never tpucjed ghost babel which is the best in the series

>where the number of bad games was going to overtake the good ones.
only 4 is bad, and its not even "bad" bad, just not up to par.

MGS3, PW, 4 and 5 were garbage.

>very slightly behind schedule
>not behind by much
>Yea Forums trying hard to blunder post
Kojima already said the game would be out in 2018. Norman Reedus said it would be out in early 2019. We've already missed those two deadlines so it's obvious the game is "very slightly behind schedule". And Kojima has explained why, the voice actor strike meant they missed months of mocap. I still don't think it'll impact the release window. If it's a 2019 game then ""very slightly behind schedule" wont change that. The same if it's a 2020 game.

i've got it, you are one of those trolls from reddit, have my last (you) niggerfaggot

Attached: 1435774827719.png (927x885, 18K)

>The only two good mags games were the ones I played growing up

>4 is perfectly fine
>tpucjed
good to see that its literal brain damage that made you say that

>the voice actor strike
is that a real thing? what happened?

Death Stranding is become TLG 2.0.

Ah yes the old point out a typo when you dont have an argument tactic.

>Yooka-Laylee is shit
>Mighty Number 9 is shit
>Bloodstained gets delayed and might end up shit
>Kojima can't make a game

What is it with so much industry "legends" turning out to be complete hacks when they try to make games on their own?

4, PW and V were really really not good

I mean christ, Kojima hasn't released a good game since 2004

>It's out on PS4!...but the PS5 version is the REAL experience
It's happening, fuck you, Kojima

I mean that should be pretty obvious from the start if you're not braindead but people that are called here ,,kojimadrones'' or whatever will never see that. I cant imagine why someone would want to work with this guy because its always like hes some kind of fucking god literally writer,designer,director,engineer in one its always ,,Game by Hideo Kojima'' and fuck the dev team that actually did shit. At this point this guys ego is bigger than budgets he wastes. Ive played MGS games and I very liked them even fourth one(tho I still remember these fucking cutscenes like who thought this is an good idea is a fucking retard) but never get praise for these games.

4 and V are on par, if not better, than the first two MG games and the first two MGS games.
PW may very well be the best MGS game.

The SAG-AFTRA had a strike from October 2016 to September 2017. Kojima even stated himself that the trailer we got at VGA 2017 was meant to be release at E3 2017 but couldn't capture any of it because of the strike.

uhhh... guys what happened to caramel?

They're behind being ahead of schedule.
So they're on schedule :^)

>Kojima : "Game delayed for unexpected reasons."
>Also Kojima : "Check out this burger from New York!"

Does it surprise anyone? The man will do anything to avoid having to work.

He literally opened a new studio thousands of miles away in a location where the company doesn't benefit from it just so he has a pretext to travel to LA and meet celebrities.

Attached: 1551359923837.jpg (624x1191, 296K)

You forgot Peace Walker and Phantom pain. Those make 4 look like a masterpiece.

>I cant imagine why someone would want to work with this guy

I'd love to work for Kojima's studio. I get to sit on my ass all day and do as much/little work as I want while my boss flies off to different parts of the world to eat food and meet famous people, and when he does come back we'd have a movie day.

Attached: 152637304.jpg (557x605, 45K)

Attached: 1284492496468.jpg (584x600, 299K)

It's not behind schedule. It's being purposefully held back to be a ps5 launch title to sell hardware. SNOY Jewishness never ends.

Attached: 1546970717841.gif (250x250, 222K)

A leader should have an ego while the underlings do their jobs, that's the whole point of a traditional company structure. You are basically complaining that working under him would hurt your own ego, which is egocentric of you.

Kojima is a bit like George Lucas, capable of creating something fantastic, but only under very specific circumstances.

>man casually says game is little behind internal schedule, like every large game
>VFAGs: Holy shit blunder of the century hack I fucking new it my uncle is an accountant at Konami

When other people create it for him.

>he fell for untruthful reddit memes

No because MGS wasn't great.
The gameplay was consistenly garbage all throughout the franchise.
And the story wasn't good either.

>thinking his twitter feed is representative of his life
>thinking what he showed off a year ago was anything short of incredible given how close what he shows is to the final product and how only two years went into it
mgsv was probably cut short and the ending was unfinished. otherwise it's a fantastic game and I think fanboys wouldn't be crying so hard about it if it had been another overly cinematic linear game

"It's common for studios to fall behind on their planned release date, and Death Stranding is very slightly behind our initial plan, but not behind by much."

>Movie time
>Food party

>metroid prime gets delayed
>this is a good thing!
>this happens
>lmao hack

What, you never had any off time with your boss?
When I was in the reserve, my commander used to take us for drinks.
I'm starting to think all the people here have never had an actual job and think working involves doing stuff 24/7.

Yea Forums likes to portray him as an egotistical maniac, but all the first hand accounts from developers who've actually worked with him before seem to make him sound like a pretty nice guy and a knowledgeable director, even when it comes to the more technical aspects of game development. But that's not going to convince anyone here.

MGSV is trash as a stealth game. It's a worm simulator. If you want to remain undetected, you have to exclusively use prone or get spotted from a mile away through a fence by an enemy scratching his butt.

>lad Bible
What

>NO. SIT DOWN. YOU WATCH FURY ROAD FOR MY NINTEENTH TIME.

Nintendo delivers when they delay their games.
Kojima shits out half finished garbage on the other hand.

Your commander also fucked you in the ass and slurped his cock kike cannonfodder LMAO

Sort of. But his idea and overall focus is still there to make the actual thing interesting though, give him too much power and you end up with the Prequels or MGS4, remove him from the project entirely and you get fucking Disney-Wars and Metal Gear Survive.

I'd say his problem is that he seems too lax if the twitter is any indication, I don't know where this egomaniac dictator meme comes from.

That's a bit more than a typo. Looks like you had a stroke. I can't tell what you wrote there

>made like 15 games
>one has problems
>OH WOW HE'S SUCH A HACK HE ALWAYS FUCKS IT UP

And no, Nintendo hasn't delivered anything of value throughout the 8th gen aside from Breath of the Wild.
Hell, Pokemon has been on a steady decline for about 10 years now.

One of my IT jobs actually had free booze at the workplace and boss let us work slightly drunk if we wanted at long as clients didn't give too much negative feedback on projects. The company is still running and I've heard they still run it like that, I left it for better pay.

Or Metal Gear Rising.
Or Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel.
Or Zone of the Enders 1 and 2.
Or Boktai 1 and 2.

>one

>neo-Yea Forums
>Kojima is not the only reason why MGS was good, more people worked on the game

>also neo-Yea Forums
>OH MY GOD WHY ISN'T KOJIMA MAKING THE ENTIRE GAME ON HIS OWN WHY ISN'T HE ALWAYS CODING

I literally have no idea what you're talking about. if you wear clothing to blend in with your environment, you generally won't get spotted by an enemy looking straight at you in daylight from 50 feet away. the only problem is guys in search towers and snipers will always see you easily in those situations. they could have made the AI even worse like in previous games but you have so many more options now that it wouldn't make a lot of sense, it would never challenge you to be creative.

What other games came out unfinished?
The only other one I can think of is MGS2, which was apparently supposed to have more struts in Shell 2.
And there's also the cut scene of Arsenal crashing into NY, but that was cut to not hurt the feelings of burgerclaps because muh 9-11.

The crawling paradox (being the most boring playstyle while being constantly encouraged) already began with MGS3, and is arguably orst in MGS4 since that game had auto-camo, open yet corridor-like levels, and no tagging or slow-motion mechanics, which all encourage crawling. Heck, in MGSV camo didn't even affect your concealment value while you are prone.

>different people have different opinions
WOAAAAAH??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!

Exactly.

Portable Ops is better than Peace Walker

>another TGS empty stand

Attached: 1549261973717.jpg (987x657, 124K)

>neo-Yea Forums
>having different opinions
Hell, they are not even Yea Forums's own opinions, Yea Forums just sees what people think, and they think the opposite.
In MG itself, Yea Forums literally only defended MG Survive because everyone was shitting on it.
This place has no valuable opinions about anything, nor any valuable criticism.
Hell, you are better bound doing the opposite of what Yea Forums says.

He posts like a dozen tweets a day, can't take more than a few minutes. Never seen anyone who's worked with him call him lazy, quite the opposite.

No, it should've been finished by the time it came out, it had plenty of time.

Fuck Kojima. Instead of fucking pop singers, he should focus on finishing the damn game

Attached: 9E0593D8-D2F5-4F71-90C5-919A4B7DC801.jpg (2048x1532, 279K)

yes, yes the hivebrain says you can only believe in one opinion

>le Fukushima meme

>He doesn't know

when you sell your soul to the devil everyone in hollywood must visit you to give you satans kiss (kissing his asshole), he is now officially part of the cabal and may claim anyone for his casting couch

They are both garbage that suffered from being in a portable console.
And no, Portable Ops is worse solely for the fact that, in order to extract people, you needed to backtrack the entire level, and everything about Gene.
>hurr i'm the secret apprentice of The Boss

>Unfinished
This meme has always been stupid. Both 2 and V are substantial games, and having a 20% or less extension of the total playtime at most does not affect the quality of the 100% of what we did get. For games at the AAA a lot of the final dev year is spent on polishing, not making substantial additions.

I hope this game once and for all proves how much of a hack Kojima is. Just a Japanese Molyneux.

It's a damn shame the framerate is bad it's straight up unplayable. But the fact that it more or less plays like an actual MGS game(only with portable missions) definitely gives it an edge over Monster Hunter: Peace Walker.

The funniest part to me is I've seen someone post here one of the movie days was with Wicked City, that movie must've been so awkward to watch in a group lmao, it has like 2-3 rape scenes and one elder dude sucking the tits of and fucking a younger whore

You already have such a game, they are called MGS, and MGS2, and MGS3, and MGS4, and MGR, and PW, and MGSV.

>I-it's not Kojima outousan's fault, it is the sonibronies
Yeah, nah. He's incompetent at leading a studio, he should have always been kept on a short leash and sony fucked up by funding him without restraints. His best work came out when he wasn't completely in charge and had budgetary limits.

honestly don't know why kojimbo just doesn't work with netlix to make the movies he obviously wants to make instead.

>mfw MGS retards pretend to have standards
>meanwhile they think MGS' story is good, even though they are barebones ripoffs of B-movies with character design so generic that the main character is just a soldier with a bandana and an eye patch
>when they unironically think Rising is a good game, even though it's maybe one of the easiest and shallowest hack and slash games Platinum has ever done
>when they would have been happy if MGSV was just Star Wars Episode 3 but with MGS characters, because no one in the entire fanbase knows what good writing even is

Attached: 1539960818525.jpg (800x800, 170K)

Maybe people are finally realizing the importance of a good assistant director, good team, producer who chews out the egotistical director, and a publisher that keeps the pressure on?

Everyone on Yea Forums is so fucking anti corporation and is too stupid to realize just goes important those factors are in production.

Because liking one thing and being able to make such a thing are different.
A lot of people like videogames, that doesn't make you a good videogame developer.
Kojima has experience making videogames and making stories for 15 hour long videogames, not with movies that tend to be about 2 hours long.
Not to mention that in videogames he has an audience, in movies he hasn't.

Nothing of what he does suggests he would make a good movie, in fact, looking at MGS cutscenes and codec calls, it would probably be boring as hell.

So we're pretending that V didn't have an entire chapter removed, and that most of the playtime is spent on repeated missions with different objectives?
This can only come from someone who either did not complete that game, or has a furious hard-on for kojima fan faggotry. Which one is it?

He's always been in charge of the games and had budgetary constraints.

All the anti-Kojima memes are hysterical caricatures with no basis in reality. And I say that as someone who thinks only MGS1, 2 and ZoE 1 qualify as 10/10s under him. Your hatred is irrational and baffling.

Are you kidding? Imagine having to sit through a Kojima movie. He'd use 10 shots to show a character putting on sunglasses, 5 of them in slow motion.

Wait, now that I think about it, he's probably a perfect fit for Netflix.

İs caramell barry too?

While I agree that no artist thrive when freed from all restrictions, Konami is still one of the major reasons why MGS:TPP turned out the way it did with their whole "make it run on the last gen consoles" shit.

He might not want to?
He has the contacts and the money, if he wanted to make movies, he would make movies.

hollow knight was made by 2 people and is the best selling indie game on steam

maybe konami was in the right

My nigger

You never played portable ops or you're a complete retard who never took the time to figure out that you didn't need to drag people all the way back to the truck.

>muh secret apprentice scenario
So every metal gear after mgs3?

But with Netflix, you're no longer limited by the 90 minute-2 hour format.
You can make an X part series however long you want.
>Not to mention that in videogames he has an audience, in movies he hasn't.
You're honestly telling me, if he put out a movie today, that most of the internet wouldn't be ravenous to go see it?

Oh no. I've been greenfroged.

>Slightly behind schedule
>Meanwhile here's another CGI trailer for Halo 6 a year later

Xniggies should be gassed.

Kojima has had that scenario for most of his career. It's a fact that a lot of the classic team were dropped for MGS4, but even Kojima himself was dropped for it at first, so hardly his fault.

The only game that's disappointed fans while fully under his watch was MGSV, but that was still a massive hit in general, especially for open-world fans and people who don't care for the old games boss fights or stylish stealth action.

what the fuck what about the holy year akira sets place thing, fuck you kojima

>you're no longer limited by the 90 minute-2 hour format.
You are unless you make a show.

>You're honestly telling me, if he put out a movie today, that most of the internet wouldn't be ravenous to go see it?
I'm pretty sure it would be a massive flop.
The audience for videogames and movies is different, and the ones that do watch movies only watch blockbusters like Marvel movies, while Kojima would make some weird as fuck movie with scenes of extreme violence.

>made by 2 people
>credits are 5 minutes long

?

whole* i just woke up

>He's always been in charge of the games and had budgetary constraints.
He had more control and more budget with every consecutive game. Also notice how they decreased in quality accordingly.
By 4 he was the sole writer and was pumping Konami's funds right into his failed film director dreams.
What's worse, most of the people defending him incoherently like you didn't even grow up with MGS, they latched on to it after Revengeance.

Yes 2 people and now 1 more, i've been to their office.

Guys job is literally make games and watch movies, he is 1000x more successful than you or I will ever be.

You do know the entire chapter 3 was just one mission, right?
Repeated missions is just bad design. It's like calling every ubisoft game in existence unfinished because watch towers and tailing missions

Looking back though, mgs4, mgs pw, and MGSV were all disappointments. Even MGS3 is pushing it imo. None of them had the charm of mgs or mgs2.

>metroid gets delayed
>nintendo: the game sucked so we're giving to the dudes who made the other good games in the series, prease understand
>deathstranding gets delayed
>kojima: lol delay, btw follow my twitter to see me with hanging celebrities and doing lines of coke
hmm really gets the noggin joggin

>delay to 2021 so he can get more free shit from Sony
Truly the mastermind

>By 4 he was the sole writer
He wasn't.
>and was pumping Konami's funds right into his failed film director dreams.
If you mean the IRL skits at the start of the game, he didn't make them. If you mean the long cutscenes and exposition dumps, then that's more or less been the bread and butter of the entire series and one of the reason it's been so successful in the first place.

It's not just bad design, it's padding out game time with reused missions. Because it was incomplete.
>But how can it be incomplete if it takes 5000 hours to finish?!
Yeah, that's how.

Ladbible. You fucking zoomers are using God damn lad bible as a credible source. Holy shit.

>It's like calling every ubisoft game in existence unfinished because watch towers and tailing missions
Wait, they aren't?

kojima is just the gook version of peter molyneux. stop giving him so much praise and attention. the only thing that has been commendable about kojimbo since MGS1 came out is his enthusiasm. his results have been worse and worse games interspersed with outright failures

But Peter Molyneux never did anything of value to begin with.

It's okay when Nintendo does it. When a Nintendo game gets delayed it's brave and understandable. When a Sony game gets delayed it's bad. This is Yea ForumstendoGaf after all

Attached: download.jpg (314x160, 5K)

>So we're pretending that V didn't have an entire chapter removed,
Which would still be set in Africa. So yes, at most the second half of the game was missing a portion of its missions. We still got a complete first Act and the majority of the second.
>and that most of the playtime is spent on repeated missions with different objectives?
That is the case of the whole fucking game for the most part, the missions are incredibly similar. It's just the nature of the sandbox design that was chosen. The fact that the post-"ending" missions are literal repeats is obviously even worse filler but you're being one-track minded if you choose to focus on only literal repeats when it is a much better indicator to focus on times when the same levels were repeatedly used in general. The game itself was a repetitive sandbox, after you had already visited as location before.

Also it's ironic you call me a Koj fanboy when the "unfinished" meme is precisely an absurd myth some fanboys use to reconcile their disappointment with the game with the fact that Koj can do no wrong.

Myself, I just recognise Kojima was a bit too ambitious with the project (his team had no prior open-world experience) and that it turned out to be a good game but also too repetitive and uneventful to be as good as his old classics. And the fact that the game has filler at the end is a trivial fact that does not affect the quality of the majority of the game, and this stupid fact is seized on by all manner of hysterical posters in a confirmation bias against whatever their own personal pet peeve is (usually Kojima or Konami) even though it's irrelevant and the end days of development are still not known to the public beyond wild rumours and myths.

If it was really meant to have way more stuff, we would see all that in the files.
Mafia 2 was completely unfinished, and in the files you can find traces of all the things that the game was supposed to have.
Meanwhile, MGSV's files only give hints to Episode 51 and the Battle Gear.

Not him but while you are correct kojima wasn't the sole writer mgs4 and onward, it was the beginning where fukushima was no longer involved. Mgs3 was the last mainline mgs he worked on. You can definitely see the deterioration of quality once he was no longer involved.

He wants to spend more time to make the game better. This is good.

On the other hand, in case of Prime they were as honest as corporation can be in saying that Prime 4 they had sucked and they are starting over.

The fact that there are people who unironically defend MGSV is mind-boggling.

>kojima makes moviegames
>nintendo makes video games
h*ck yeah its okay when nintendo does it

>writer
so he brought absolutely nothing to the table then

every game he made between 87 and 04 is kino you absolute pleb

At least it's not cancelled like Metroid Prime 4

But Pokemon has become pretty much a movie franchise since X and Y.

>h*ck
What the fuck is wrong with you?

You're joking right?

that's just the way he works sugartits
wasn't a problem on any of the previous games and isn't a problem with death stranding

they just wanted to shut up shop and make gambling machines for retards because all they care about is money

I won't disagree with that, but the overarching story is also just one minor aspect of the game and dosn't make up the entire quality of a video game. And it's not like MGS writing have ever been very good, just more enjoyable in a "bad movie" kind of way.

>I'm starting to think all the people here have never had an actual job and think working involves doing stuff 24/7.
It depends on your job. I drive trucks for a living, and I have 0 downtime during working hours.

No, I'm saying the writing on Metal Gear Solid is laughably bad, not even high school tier, and one of the worst parts. Retards don't seem to notice this presumably due to the halo effect of the gameplay being very good

pokemon is shit just like all rpgs or any game where all you do is go through a menu for """"""""""""""""""""""gameplay"""""""""""""""""""""""" no matter who the developer is, f*cking idiot

>He had more control and more budget with every consecutive game. Also notice how they decreased in quality accordingly.
Those facts could be completely unrelated, especially when you consider that MOST series get worse as they go on, simply due to the fact that the brand name can fill in on behalf of the quality factor. I also disagree that they get worse as they go on, MGSV is way better than 4 and the portable games.
>By 4 he was the sole writer and was pumping Konami's funds right into his failed film director dreams.
Not true, look at the credits. Also the film director thing is another lazy meme when there are so many other big series with a bigger focus on cinematics and a sheer neglect of mechanical excellence (hell, MGSV has some of the best TPS controls ever, and yet it's also a stealth game and open-world)
>What's worse, most of the people defending him incoherently like you didn't even grow up with MGS, they latched on to it after Revengeance.
Bizarre personal attack. And I doubt MGR brought many new fans to the series, compared to how many MGS fans it likely introduced to Platinum games.

A. Hack
B. Fraud
C. Conman
D. All three

You decide

You're right but I would argue that mgs1 and mgs2 were at least captivating in their nonsense and I'm assuming that is because fukushima was able to bring out the best of kojima.

No one said it was great. See my point above.

>Konami didn't grow money on trees they were losing their minds with Kojima's never ending expenses.
Oh yeah, I bet a company worth 260 billion dollars for whom videogames, even at their peak, never represented more than 9% of their yearly revenue, were deeply concerned about the expenses in one project.

Seriously, where does this idea come that Konami is a company with little money?
Konami is a multi national that has their hands on a shitload of markets, from videogames, to gambling machines, gyms and domestic electronic devices.

You know those endless MGS2 codec calla about the ibternet age that people still reference today and the they think the game was ahead of it's time?

All of it was written by Tomokazu Fujishima. So the sole reason the game is remmebered fondly today has nothing to do with Kojima. He's a fraud.

>Myself, I just recognise Kojima was a bit too ambitious with the project (his team had no prior open-world experience) and that it turned out to be a good game but also too repetitive and uneventful to be as good as his old classics. And the fact that the game has filler at the end is a trivial fact that does not affect the quality of the majority of the game, and this stupid fact is seized on by all manner of hysterical posters in a confirmation bias against whatever their own personal pet peeve is (usually Kojima or Konami) even though it's irrelevant and the end days of development are still not known to the public beyond wild rumours and myths.
How is a bad description of the game? The fact that people think that it is utterly terrible despite having great critical and player reception and the best stealth action controls ever besides Splinter Cell is laughable. It's like if it doesn't hold up to the absolute all-time classics then it's automatically shit for you.

Imagine being excited for a walking simulator

You mean the ones referenced only by Yea Forums because Yea Forums unironically thinks "people tend to form circlejerks" is a deep message?

How come EVERY SINGLE localizer that worked on the original 3 MGS games calls Kojima a talentless fraud of a writer who should stick to directing cutscenes?

Could it be that he's a hack?

>Underpayed translators bitch about their boss
WOW

>one does it
>EVERYONE DOES IT

>MGSV is unfinished
>KOJIMA HAS NEVER FINISHED A SINGLE VIDEOGAME EVER

What's up with people here having to exagerate absolutely everything?
You remind me of those stupid millennial activists who fight over politics who have to lie to convince people of their retarded ideologies.

Kojima has never released a walking sim before (PT was a demo), the closest thing to that is that MGS4 is a crawling+cinematic sim. So even if all the trailers make it look like a walking sim it's still ultimately hard to believe that it will really be like that. MGSV had mechanical excellence for example.

You mean like MGSV, the game that everyone in this thread was hyped for, and that is the only cause they now behave like hysterical women in their period whenever Kojima is mentioned?

Both Blaustein and the woman who did MGS2 and 3 shittalked Kojima.

The chick from MGS2 literally said that "His writing is so bad, he wouldn't hack it in a writers room for a monday afternoon soap opera"

wow a fucking retard on Yea Forums, what a surprise

Yea Forums has turned from putting him on a pedestral to villifying him and pretending nothing good ever came from him

But I thought MGS2 and 3 were made by Fukushima.

>waste employees time having weekly "kino" showings among who knows what else
any wonder?

Because no, the story was garbage, no matter you want to spin it. Venom was dumb, skullface and his goals were dumb, and the wobachia plot was dumb. No amount of time, scale down, or resources was gonna fix that.

MGSV was awful because the very premise of the plot was awful.

True. He's wrong. It's gonna be a generic bland as fuck Ubisoft copy-paste open world game, with a kinda stupid story and celeb dicksucking.

It baffles me how shit of a game MGSV was. It had the best controls ever for a stealth game and manged to waste them with horrible level design, empty shit open world, bad progression systems and tons and tons of padding and helicopter rides.
What a garbage game.

So it is not a meme that Sonu only does movies now?

Attached: 9c0.jpg (426x341, 38K)

>watch a 2 hour long movie a week
>take 2 minutes to post 5 tweets a day
>entire game development crumbles
Oh.

>What's up with people here having to exagerate absolutely everything?
>You remind me of those stupid millennial activists who fight over politics who have to lie to convince people of their retarded ideologies.
This.

How is this a walking sim?
youtube.com/watch?v=gJgbjGqfZzg

No videogame writer is good by the standards of TV/cinema, so this line of attacking Kojima is fucking irrelevant. Talk about actual game design or fuck off back to

Funnely enough, while in MGS2 he did most of the codecs, no one knows his exact role in MGS3.
Kojima refused to give him credit and said he only did "Some optional codecs" but Fukushima claims he co-directed and co-wrote the entire game.

Phantom Pain is considered the worst game of the franchise and he was with that since day one.
Kojimbodrones are cancer and they seriously think he's some misunderstood genius. He's really only ever been as good as his team and the tard wranglers that kept him in check. Don't come crying when Death Stranding reveals he's just another David Cage with nothing worthwhile to say.

Attached: I PAY MY BILLS.jpg (621x668, 63K)

>nothing worthwhile to say
That's good, videogames shouldn't say anything.
The quality of a game is inversely proportional to the amount of story content it has.
MGSV is the only entry in the entire franchise that can be considered an actual videogame, and not a movie.

How can anybody see what's happening and not admit Konami was 100% right.

>Fukushima claims he co-directed and co-wrote the entire game.
Sauce or GTFO

>That's good, videogames shouldn't say anything.
I agree, Kojima should make movies instead. It seems to be where his heart is, he doesn't make video games.
>MGSV is the only entry in the entire franchise that can be considered an actual videogame, and not a movie.
Not a good videogame though. That game represents everything wrong with open-world shovelware.

About what, cancelling Triple A game development to focus on smartphone games?

>but Fukushima claims
Where? Virtually everything said about the guy on Yea Forums has no source. The only actual evidence of his involvement in anything are the ending credits of each game and a single interview with Kojima where his name is mentioned once.

>Konami
Konami either gets a redemption arc or fucks forever, kojima or not they're still shit

No it isn't.
Nothing Kojima does suggests he could make a good movie.
Absolutely none of his work could be adapated to a movie properly, and he has already admitted he has no idea about movie development.

I agree with everything you say but I think it's hyperbole to say that makes the game garbage. The game still offers an incredible and atmospheric miniature stealth experience on the few well-designed levels and with the difficulty tweaked to user preference. I think that is what carried the game into massive critical and player acclaim, since the majority of players were willing to overlook all the filler and bad examples of using other game genres solely because it rested on such a fluid bedrock. As you say, the absolute core of the game, mainly the controls, are amazing, and that should give even the most cynical of players 5-30 mins of the kind of gaming all the critical scores imply the game consists of (even though all the remaining filler should REALLY disqualify it from such acclaim).

>youtube.com/watch?v=gJgbjGqfZzg
This vid sort of conveys the bedrock of the game but it would look even better if he combined this stylish run with a much faster pace.

Eh MGSV real problem is how repetitive it is. If they had linear progress and every mission was actually designed it would be awesome. That's why I don't trust Kojima. Everyone treats him like he's a genius just because he copies dumb movies all the time

They couldn't keep Kojima from a business standpoint though, love or hate their output. Kojima was burning a hole through their pocket with MGSV, literally throwing away money for dumb shit to be included and stretching out development costs

>Konami was right
>right now sitting on a mountain made up entirely of corpses of once great franchises
Konami killed even PES, a normie soccer franchise.

It doesn't matter how big a company is they're still not going to want to spend more money making the game than they end up getting from selling it.

Mark my words, Death Stranding will be kino in its purest form. Imagine if the Phantom Pain was allowed to gestate for another 2 years. And that game being essentially an unfinished mess is better than most games that are fully realized.

>what the fuck is ladbible?
>pokes around
>what the fuck is ladbible?
The titles looks like clickbait, but are actual articles. Some articles even explain more than actual news sites covering the same thing.

If you think the writing in Metal Gear Solid is good you are in no position to call anyone retarded.

Burning a hole through their pocket?
Konami is a company worth 250 billion dollars and MGSV made more than twice its budget on launch day.
They could keep MGSV in development for an entire century and still not give a fuck.

Good thing it made 180 million at launch on an 80 million budget.

That's the thing Yea Forums is denial about, the fact that MGSV was a massive success in every way.
It made a ton of money and it got great reviews, in the eyes of Konami it was a success.
They simply wanted to focus on phone games because they make more money than Triple As.

>THIS GUYS RESPONSABLE FOR MGS BEING WELL WRITTEN
>the story is crap
>w-well I didn't say it was good
Every single time.
Reminder, any plot that, upon thinking a bit about it, falls apart completely, is terrible.

MGS1, for example, people unironically praise the plot of a game where the motivation of the villain is that he has absolutely no idea about how DNA and genes work.

Alright. MGSV is one of the worst directed games of this generation and is a masterclass in how to waste a solid groundwork through bad and aimless direction:

The game's marketing boasted dynamic and systemic gameplay that the actual false not only fails to incentivize but it actually punishes the player for experimenting through an archaic ranking system and a grindy and awful progression mechanic that made non lethal playthroughs focused on fulfilling soldiers the objectively better way to play the game.

The progression system is bad also for actively hurting the player's expression since it lazily and pathetically copy pasted mechanics from Peace Walker, a mobile game made to be played on short bursts, resulting in a bizarre system where a stealth game rewards players for taking chess pieces out of the map instead pig finding ways to get around them.

The open world and Motherbase are undercooked and wasted, lacking content, substance and meaning. Endless chopper rides kill the game's momentum and the less said about the"plot" the better.

I can legit spent the while day talking about how bad of a director Hideo Kojima is just by taking a look a MGSV

Attached: 1551355309966.png (412x594, 461K)

You can't be this naive or stupid. Ignoring the fact that time is money and kojima was using a lot of it, they knew MGSV was a train wreck. Even if it did sell out IN THE BEGINNING, once people realized it was garbage, it caused irreversible damage to the franchise. The value of the ip dropped.

Wow mr objective how are you doing with your failed life posting on a forum no one cares about anymore

Quote me where I said mgs writing was great. I'll wait.

I just got the PS4, don't tell me ps5 is coming out this year

wow, a fucking retard on Yea Forums. what a surprise.

>Ignoring the fact that time is money and kojima was using a lot of it
Four years, that's not bad considering they also made the Fox Engine, which was meant to be used for all other Konami Triple A games.

> Even if it did sell out IN THE BEGINNING, once people realized it was garbage, it caused irreversible damage to the franchise
No it didn't, since when does what Yea Forums thinks matter in the industry as a whole?
The game ended up selling 6 million copies, 6 million was enough for FFXV, a game in development hell for 10 years, to be profitable.

Attached: 1524641339920.png (355x471, 209K)

Caramel killed himself after it turned out that Archillect was a giant pile of nothing.
And I'm not joking, anons. The guy literally overdosed two days later. His name was Theodore.

Based OP, do you also frequent I love fucking science??

>Where? Virtually everything said about the guy on Yea Forums has no source. The only actual evidence of his involvement in anything are the ending credits of each game and a single interview with Kojima where his name is mentioned once.
This. Also this is the "real MGS masterpiece" according to the Fukushima conspiracy:
youtube.com/watch?v=qOIe1bcWAn0

Which basically takes MGS1 and regresses back into 2D. Comparing the Bison fight to the Vulcan Raven fight in MGS1 is a good example of how this is just a degeneration of the game to satisfy portable hardware (just like PO and PW).

Conspiratorial thinking like this is literally correlated with mental illness. In simple terms, it's usually a defensive way of dealing with the complexity of the world, rather than have deal with so many multiple and conflicting factors, people just tell themselves a simple story (Kojima bad success man, Fukushima true unappreciated genius) and then their anxiety is quelled and they can feel superior to those "not in the know". This is mental basis of all conspiracies.

Yeah my fucking nigger,there's like 200 more employees doing their fucking job

Where did he claim that? I've only seen that MGS2 making of dvd interview video where he says he worked on the screenplay and codec script

kys

>but it sold well
Good job completely ignoring my point. MGSV is only remembered well by a few retards on Yea Forums. Ever notice how on steams of death standing, there's a bunch of people making fun of kojima? Yeah, that's MGSV fault. It caused irreversible damage to kojima, metal gear, and Konami. The game was shit and it made people take a more pessimistic view at the franchise. It was a short term success but a long term failure.

>le epic tortanic bros lmao
Kill yourselves already

>Yea Forums is now unironically implying MGSV flopped
Funny how Yea Forums keeps praising MGS2 for it's message about circlejerks and bubbles and fake news, and yet this place thinks that because Yea Forums didn't like a game, that game flopped.

>Kojima over-estimated how hard it is to make an interesting open-world without it being repetitive filler
>therefore all the existing classic games he's been associated with are irrelevant and he's just a hack
I don't get this. People base his entire career off of MGSV/PW or some shitty games he didn't even want to work on (MGS4).

Fukushima is the unsung genius behind MGS and Kojima had him killed by the Yakuza

if you didn't realize this board was retarded 3 years ago, you should get the fuck out

SONY wants kojima productions to stall production so the release meets PS5 launch and it becomes a PS5 exclusive.

PS4 has sold enough,they need a good title to launch PS5 with

Attached: 20-american-psycho-3.nocrop.w710.h2147483647.2x.jpg (1420x2121, 174K)

Nothing he does suggest he can make a good game either. But him, David Cage, and Rockstar can stop polluting the pool with games trying to be something they're not.

>Yeah, that's MGSV fault.
The damage was already done with 4, which is infinitely more cringeworthy than anything that happened in V.

Kojima is still responsible for the solid groundwork even if the rest is a misfire. Also

I'm gonna say it one more time retard: I never said MGSV didn't sell well or was a flop, when it comes to short term success. Go back and read my points again, you autist.

No, you tried implying that the game flopped, then you tried implying that the game only sold well at the beginning, and now you are just not even bothering and just saying that the game caused some vague damage.
Basically, like everyone in Kojima threads, you just make shit up and hope people believe you just because you said it with a lot of confidence.

>Ever notice how on steams of death standing, there's a bunch of people making fun of kojima?
Not really, mind posting examples?

b-but i thought it was 4 the players?

>NOBODY LIKES KOJIMA ANYMORE
>Survive flopped entirely because of the whole debacle and people siding with Kojima
Hell, Yea Forums's entire defense of Survive was based on saying that anyone who shat on it was a Kojimadrone.

Take what Yea Forums thinks, make it the opposite, and you get what the entire industry thinks.

Fair enough, although I'd argue mgs4 was the beginning and MGSV was the nail in the coffin.

SONY ''bought'' Kojima Productions more for the PS4 hype desu like this guy said they don't need Death Stranding anymore,they need games for the PS5

People use hyperbole and you confuse that for a general appreciation. Most people think MGSV was at least decent or better. It has a solid foundation, just it throws it away on a lot of bland open-world and contradictory motherbase features.

>His team build a solid groundwork and his directorial vision fucked everything else
>That means Kojima is good

Kojifaggots are literal brainlets
KOJIMA IS A TALENTLESS PIECE OF SHIT HACK

Sony didn't buy Kojima Productions, they are independant, they just paid them to make a game for them.

There's absolutely no way any of the eagerly anticipated exclusives will be withheld for PS5, a console that could be more than 2 years away at this point. This is another lunatic conspiracy. This time I guess for anti-Sony purposes.

my brother bought this on ps4 when it came out and I played it for a little while. it was my first game in the series and I didn't get into it fully but enjoyed it. a year later I went to university and decided to buy it second hand on xbox 360 (yes it's the worst version but I had to make do) for about £10 and play it there. I completed it and forgot about it until a few weeks ago, two years after first completing it, when I saw it with ground zeroes on steam for £20. I hadn't played ground zeroes and wanted to try modding TPP so bought it again. not surprising to me, as a newcomer to the series, that it did so well. while my story is an anecdote I'm the type of person who plays very few games and buys almost everything second hand, so it's crazier than it sounds.

>you're implying
No, you're assuming because of your subhuman IQ. I never implied it wasn't a financial success. You're just an idiot who can't follow logic.

>examples of people mocking kojima
Other than going to other forums like gamefaqs, wait till there's another stream and watch.

I already stated that this fiasco caused irresistible damage to kojima, mgs, AND KONAMI. Survive would have done much better if the whole debacle with MGSV never happened.

Do you niggers actually read people's post or are you just skimming stuff so you can fight?

mate i'm not even that other guy, i'm just stating facts. we're all fucking retarded

>I already stated that this fiasco caused irresistible damage to kojima, mgs, AND KONAMI
Except none of that can be seen.
This is just more baseless, Yea Forumseddit delusions because most people liked MGSV.
Otherwise the game would have negative reviews everywhere.

>Survive would have done much better if the whole debacle with MGSV never happened
People didn't buy Survive specifically because they thought it was shitting on Kojima.

>PSX
user...

>Kojima's team take the entire credit for the solid foundation, despite the fact he assembled and directed them
>but the rest of the game that was bad was not made by Kojima's team! and he alone takes the responsibility!
Retarded double-standard to justify your hysterical and raving hatred against this great game director. The reality is that Kojima takes the credit for the entire project since he directed it (yes, it's that simple). Both the good and the bad he is responsible for, since he managed directly or indirectly every other staff member who worked on the game.

MGSV's controls and the technical power and beauty of the engine really dispel the myth that Kojima doesn't make technically competent games and just wastes time on conceptual or narrative aspects.

You said
>they're still not going to want to spend more money making the game than they end up getting from selling it.
You are unironically saying that MGSV could have cost billions to make.
You did imply it, it's just you are asshurt about MGSV being unfinished and want to overblow everything out of proportion to make it seem worse than it actually was.
Most people didn't care and liked the game.

Yea Forums's opinion is irrelevant, hell, what other place on the internet is still talking about MGSV in 2019?

The thing that worries me about that is that they might go for a sluggish 30fps experience like MGS4 this time, since they don't have FOX engine and a multi-plat audience.

>ladbible.com/technology/gaming-hideo-kojima-confirms-that-death-stranding-is-behind-schedule-20190306?source=gamingbible&fbclid=IwAR18EvuXwSv2QY-VeVmYz4T8jcEMZ4y4NvY9W5h2-4lJBcjncMyrVeIhIE4

Source article is in Japanese. The guy who wrote the article is an ex-vice editor and a founder of Way point. Even if this wasn't clickbait, why the fuck do I care how long it takes for a video game to come out, or how much it costs to make it?

Are you nuts? I agree about 4, that game was utter shit after the first or second act, but PW was godly, and V was also incredible in its own way. Neither are as good as 1, 2 or 3, but they're still incredibly good games, far better than their competition.

Lmao I never said what you quoted nor did I ever imply it was going to cost billions. I just said time is money. Do you unironically have schizophrenia?

The madman.

Cute anecdote but it's a good example how it was def. an acceptable game, and most of the disappointment comes down to it not living up to the original trilogy rather than being a terrible game itself.

see

I didn't think they had a schedule

but I was looking backwards to purchase a yes games station just for it

>I just said time is money.
And MGSV took 4 years to make, that's pretty average in regards to Triple As, specially since they were also making the engine.

>PW was godly
Opinion officially discarded

>PW was godly
This is some ridiculously shit taste. PW is even worse than V.

you couldn't even plan the development of a fucking tetris game, quit giving me second hand embarrassment here, you fucking autist

I imagine it'll let you choose between 4K and 60fps on Pro or maybe PS5, unless Kojima's suddenly stopped caring about framerate.

A NEETS ultimate dream.
Based and NEETpilled

Attached: delight.jpg (762x768, 63K)

That wasn't me, you assuming retard. See, this is your problem. You're so dumb, you can't even follow basic threads.

Attached: 2019-03-07 09.43.08.jpg (931x695, 99K)

No, I assumed it because I replied to two posts in here
But still, it's a fact that MGSV made a fuckton of money and that it's seen as a success by Konami.
They just wanted to focus on phone games because phone games make much more than Triple As and cost less, so Kojima bailed, since he doesn't want to make phone games.

>I assumed
Like I said, you're an assuming idiot who can't follow basic logic. No wonder you love MGSV

Not really, there's no way for me to know which one is it.
And no, I thought MGSV was mediocre and forgettable, I just do not deny facts just because I don't like something unlike you emotion-driven millennials who always behave like hysterical women.

>4, that game was utter shit after the first or second act
Correct. Linear tailing missions and action set-pieces were pretty lame and not playing to the series strengths.
>but PW was godly
Fundamentally it's a portable downgrade of MGS4's acts 1,2. The rest of it is again not playing to the series strengths, it combines the lone man infiltration trope with a shallow strategy sim based on soldier collectathoning. As someone else said, it's like your classic obstacles in a stealth game suddenly became chess pieces you can easily remove from the board and no longer have to deal with.
>and V was also incredible in its own way.
It simply improves upon MGS4 acts 1,2 (less linear, corridor-like, and scripted), drops all the remaining trash of MGS4, but instead maintains the contradictory features of PW.

>Neither are as good as 1, 2 or 3, but they're still incredibly good games, far better than their competition.
Have you played the competition? Splinter Cell Blacklist for example is like an entire game of the best parts of MGS4/V (semi-open level infiltration).

Yes there is, it's called context. And an intelligent person would ask if they weren't sure.

An intelligent person wouldn't deny known facts and act according to emotions instead of logic, which applies to pretty much all these threads where people act like MGSV flopped.

The facts are, Yea Forums is still asshurt because the retards fell for a bunch of cheap trailers and spent years making cringeworthy hype threads.

wow, a fucking retard on Yea Forums. what a surprise.

Shut the fuck up or i'll fuck your ass up.

Yes, like you're doing now. I love how a retard who can't even follow basic threads is implying other people are unintelligent. Hysterical.

This game is never going to be released, just like FF7R

>more time to spoil himself and hobnob with Holywood actors on somebody else's dime

Based japanese David Cage, pissing away all of his time and budget just because

Attached: 1548496399481.jpg (1240x1754, 315K)

inb4 ps5 launch title

Sneed.

Which facts am I denying?
You said MGSV, Konami etc are permanently damaged and you said the proof was a bunch of comments in a stream.
As always, typical millennial argumentation with anecdotic "proof".

No, Yea Forums just wishes it doesn't because they are hilariously asshurt at Kojima for MGSV.
MGSV being trash is one of the biggest acts of karma ever, anything that makes Yea Forums asshurt is justified, even SJWs.

People here believe a game is involved but all Death Standing will be Kojima's stepping stone to be the go-to-guy to cut trailers for Hollywood movies.

Death Stranding is Silent Hills. OP is a mentally deranged tranny.

Silent Hills is called Silent Hills because there will be multiple otherworlds. There are five otherworlds. The six blocks around Norman's neck have equations on them related to black holes and interdimensional travel. The six blocks will allow him (the player) to travel between the five otherworlds and the real world.

There are two versions of the suicide playing on the radio. In the dominant version of the suicide Reedus hangs himself with a garden hose, representing the PT otherworld. The version of the suicide where he hangs himself with an umbilical cord is leaking from the Death Stranding otherworld. When Lisa kills you she snaps your neck, then you hear the sound of unzipping and tearing flesh. She removes Norman's clothes and tears something out of his stomach. When you awake you find a bloody bag containing an object that talks to you. She ripped a fetus out of Norman's stomach and put it into the bag, hence the C-section scar in the Death Stranding otherworld.

Kojima said he wanted to make Silent Hills an open world game and Death Stranding is said to be an open world game. Admittedly he also said Death Stranding will be an action game like Uncharted but he also denied any involvement with The Phantom Pain when that was being marketed as a HORROR game. He marketed The Phantom Pain as a horror game when it was an action adventure game, now he's calling Death Stranding an action adventure game when it's actually a horror game.

Attached: hurr.jpg (125x94, 1K)

>and I have 0 downtime during working hours.

because its physical labor

Im not going to even pretend like I know exactly what kojimas job entails but I can assure everyone here that the only muscle he flexes for it is his brain. Its literally retarded to look at him posting pictures on twitter of his food and whine that he "isnt actually working" as if he was supposed to patrol the studio mouthbreathing on the coders necks at all times. If he leads competently and with a good plan, if anything, it would probably mean that his workers are semi autonomous and already know exactly what they are going to be doing for that day unless some problem comes up that moves high up enough on the chain to require the director himself

>tfw you've never played a Kojima game and the sole gameplay of this art school project is literally just walking in a field

Attached: 1507840752932.jpg (792x589, 119K)

better late than being a broken buggy piece of shit.

You have as much experience on comedy as Kojima does on movie or trailer making.

Actually there's a bit where the character takes out a rifle overlooking a base, but it cuts out from that.
Not like Yea Forums wants to know this.

This is how you spot a retard

Attached: tenor.gif (498x278, 777K)

>Post yfw you're not a kojimadrone

Attached: 1524902193786.gif (540x360, 2.45M)

You are in this thread, which means you were at some point.

gee i wonder why konami fired him

im sure he wasn't using corporate funds to meet actors and waste time watching movies for 'inspiration' or 'research'

A story being good, and well written, are two different things.

For instance the (early) simpsons is well written, but often has asinine storylines and plots

Metal gear solid is a good story, but often poorly written.

lmao no, Yea Forums has always been a Kojimadrone board, and they all got absolutely BTFO by MGSV, so much, that four years later these little bitches are still crying.

I would think the Jap equivalent of David Cage would be a JRPG legend. Western equivalent of Kojima is probably David Jones (influential both at the start of gaming and with a major success at the start of the 3D era, before quieting down in the later 00s and 10s).

David Jones (DMA Design/Rockstar North) never got the credit though, even though now the publisher (Rockstar Games) has his original concept on auto-pilot for 2 decades now and take all the credit.

>using corporate funds
If he did, then on top of firing him they would have dropped a lawsuit on him.

Although MGSV was relatively disappointing, it's not a bad game and I don't get how people let themselves get so distraught over it considering MGS4 was even worse (the Hospital prologue in MGSV is probably the only segment that reaches the on-rails lows of MGS4). I guess the decade gap inbetween them combined with the amazing trailers fooled a lot of people into thinking this would be a return to the days of MGS being at the top of the gaming world.

>A story being good, and well written, are two different things.
That makes no sense whatsoever.

Just play the fucking game how you want. Sure you get more points for getting S rank but guess what? Those points do literally nothing but sit on your profile for multiplayer players to look at. It. Does. Nothing. So if you dont like the system dont play into it, if you dont ... absolutely nothing changes and you can just play the game however you want. Fucking crazy right? The system is their to keep players who need a sense of accomplishment playing but if you're a mgs fan than you can just continue to play the game like any other mgs. Its laughable to me when people call a game bad because of entirely optional feautures that in no way affect the overall game in any significant way

Like shit bitch just fucking ignore it and NOTHING CHANGES WHATSOEVER

Yea Forums non-mgs fans literally knew what the fuck was going on about the game because the gameplay was flawless,they gave no fucks about the story so why do they care that we didn't get another chapter

>because the gameplay was flawless

Attached: 1542923491921.jpg (588x823, 109K)

knew nothing*

When will mods finally ban these threads?

Seething kojimadrone

No, it's precisely because I don't want to see anything related to Kojima, DS or MGS ever again.
Plus, these threads are entirely shitposting, and we already have enough bringing down the quality of the board.

>haha you are seething
>Death Stranding threads are literally anti-Kojima seething general
They are hilarious because you can feel that the neckbeards here are legitimately angry, they are not doing it for fun, but because they are mad af and are desperate to see this fail.
I wished MGSV was shit to see Yea Forums seething, but now I really hope Death Stranding gets good reviews and sells well, pretty much for the same reason.

If Yea Forums gets mad at it, it's worth it.

>That's good, videogames shouldn't say anything.
Except Kojima literally desires the contrary, especially if you actually follow his interviews.

What?
Even MGS2, this game that Yea Forums praises for it's message, Kojima said that it's nothing but a dumb game full of tropes from action movies and anime, and that he thinks people who consider it some post-modernist thing are stupid.

Kojima is not the George Lucas of videogames, he's the Toriyama of videogames.
He just writes whatever he thinks is funny at the moment, but has a legion of people who think there's depth to what he does.

Filter/hide the threads then, or better yet just don't come here at all. Yea Forums is 99% shitposting at all times, it's already completely worthless and beyond saving.

Like I could say the hero saved the princess from the big ogre and saved the world. You could think that was a good story even though it was written without any sentence structure, grammar, whatever. But you still enjoyed the story being told even if it wasn't told entirely coherently.

>PS5
>PSV
>V

Cinematic walking movie simulators take a lot of time to make. Ask Naughty Dog and the Dad of War makers.

You're talking in context of his previous games. Since MGSV and now Death Stranding, he's been hyping these supposed grand ideas where he wants to take videogames and elevate them on the same level as movies. Which is moronic, because how well games work vs how well movies work are two different things.

>this fucking retard
He wanted video games to have as much cinematic experience as possible.MGS was the first video game that did this

>Tomokazu Fukushima
where did he end up

Coding for some Japanese internal team in Sony.

That means you enjoyed it, it doesn't mean it's good, it could easily mean you have terrible taste.
For a story to be good, it needs good writing, just like how a game needs fun gameplay to be good.

>this fucking caveman
You haven't kept up with Kojima's latest interviews have you? Stop living under a rock you nostalgiafag.

so... a good end?

Last game he was credited with was some Vita game, Freedom Wars, I think.

Who cares about kojishit I'm still waiting over a decade now for hl3 and tonnes of other games that will never come.

You completely ignored the fact that he said the motherbase features are equally to blame for encouraging the stupid non-lethal guard-removal playstyle.

How can a walking simulator be behind schedule.

Doesn't make him any less of a joke immune to criticism you brainless drone

Yea Forums's criticism has no value whatsoever because nobody speaks logic, just emotion driven crap, like a bunch of teenagers.
Yea Forums only exists for the rest of the world to laugh at Yea Forums, for their "opinions", and for thinking they have any relevance.

Who is this?

stern, but its the truth

not him but thats literally nothing, and can also be safely ignored.
you said it yourself "encouraging", thats neither locking or taking away options.
And its always been that way in MGS

Kojima hasn't been involved with a quality game since MGS3

I have consistently lost faith in Kojima throughout the years.
While I think Konami is a piece of shit company, Kojima is also a hack and I can see why they fired him: his games take too much time and money.

Anyone have that post on why the writing in MGS1 was so better written and localized thanks to one guy?

At this point people are just going to completely lose interest and forget about the fucking game. It doesn't even look like a game to begin with.

Attached: 1551191111992.gif (300x300, 1.27M)

>All these Xcucks desperately trying to push their failed narrative

You don't need a post. MGS1 had the best simply because it's the only one where we truly got it localized to the Western taste (which is actually a higher standard, naturally, being the origin of hollywood itself).

But you shouldn't take that as some invalidation of Kojima himself, he is a gaming legend despite the quality of localizations. Gaming is not cinema.