SEKRIO BOMBA NO REVIEW COPIES FOR ANYONE

GET IN HERE AND WITNESS

Activision's killing of from software.

Press F .

Attached: 20190307_062046.jpg (1061x384, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/np0Rb
youtube.com/watch?v=c9y6qxs36uo
youtube.com/watch?v=y_kTcnmp3E8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkUNLxeXaPY
archive.is/h3wUn
twitter.com/misterbrilliant/status/483224360418041856?lang=en
imgur.com/a/zqFoQ?gallery
youtube.com/watch?v=x8I0bR4N9Uw
youtube.com/watch?v=9yYp8ZeQ-I8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whoa wtf why ?

Always knew Miyazaki was a hack. At least I have DMCV.

OHNONOONONONONONONO
DAMAGE
CONTROL
ITS OVER FOR FROM

based, journalists should all be lynched. they should have to wait like everybody else, they are all dishonest weasels who use their early copies to influence people and make shekels

Thats pretty fucking stupid to do regardless of game

Good.

I wonder how many of them will buy the wrong game this time.

what motivates someone to make anti-Sekiro threads every day? was dark souls too hard for them and they want revenge? I don't understand

>make a retard filter game
>let retards take first crack so they can whine about it before anyone else
Why would you?

Not letting influencers review your game early is a sign that you don't have faith in your game.

BOOOOOOOMBA

Attached: 514562716_b6bf3b969d_b.jpg (1024x768, 339K)

they already had people streaming it on twitch, they're just shutting out traditional game journalists, which is a good idea since they're all terrible and only write political outrage articles these days anyway

Because its not dark souls 6

RED FLAG

RED FLAG

FIRST RED FLAG. IF THEY DON'T GIVE OUT REVIEW COPIES = NO COFIDENCE. RED FLAG. FLAG.

>will have to wait a week for reviews
>by the time they'll be out game will be completely spoiled
Fucking activision

This

If you watch recent gameplay teaser footage of it it pla6s 95% like Dark Souls

Except no online and no items to find (literally zero gear)

Hype?

Attached: you.jpg (552x615, 73K)

>a sign that you don't have faith in your game
The people who created this expectation are the journalists.

This. All the actual "influencers" from within From's core community were given several hour long playthroughs to get impressions of the game and share highlights with their fanbase.
Would you really put a game like this in the hands of "reviewers" who can't even beat simple tutorials and expect anything useful out of it?

Letting influencers review your game or being confident about it doesn't mean it will be good either.

Attached: 1543595775062.jpg (1709x959, 884K)

DADDY DADDY (spits up) I NEED ONLINE I NEED IT DADDY I NEED I NEED GEAR I NEED NUMBER GO UP I DONT UNDERSTAND OTHER TYPE OF PROGGERSSION DADDDY (vomits on self) DADDY GIVE ONLINE I NEED PVP DADDY

If the only thing you look at is what gets posted on Yea Forums

The vast majority of it is just normal game reviewing. Youtubers and streamers are easy to buy compared to journalists, we've seen this constantly.

Afraid of early reviews? That's a red flah. Weird after they were swinging Sekiro's dick around by flying in influencers.

yes gaming journalists are the last bastion of good honest gaming content

What progression does the game have, shitposter?

Just means they're doing review events, instead of review copies. Basically they go around to publications and offer to fly out one or two members of their editorial team to a hotel where they play the game for 3 or 4 days straight, and write a review instead of sending out copies. This naturally leaves youtubers out in the dark like Skill Up.

OH NO NO NO NO NO

>won't get spoiled
honestly based if ask me

Attached: 1536825191404.jpg (399x351, 67K)

They're better than youtubers who you can literally just buy because they don't have editorial oversight at all.

Can somebody explain one thing, in Dark souls series, when you get into a fight, most of the time, you're pretty much LOCKED into it, right? you can't run away really, and if you do, you're gonna struggle. I've been watching gameplay of sekiro, and one thing seems off. At any point, if you don't like a fight, you can just, Spider-Man way, and literally web zip somewhere to safety, and hide, go back, hit him once, go back, repeat. It seems VERY exploitable.

Attached: 1543869740258.jpg (480x480, 15K)

Level progression zoomer nigger.
You know like most of the best games out there?
Where you progress by beating levels and going on to the next?
Games that dont need retarded numbers going up to be a live service for retards like you?

They saw DMC5 scored and figured trying to compare to it would only destroy their sales

they know Sekiro can't possibly compete. Lol what a flop

Attached: dab.gif (554x400, 120K)

>activision
>sekiro
what?

You can absolutely run away. Or run past.

nah running is pretty easy in souls games unless youre completely cut off

Here's a spoiler. You walk around a japanese castle with very few npcs who barely talk and only say a few vague things that get overanalyzed to hell and back by the retarded community and fight some samurai looking boss in typical dark souls dodge followed by attack combat

From is their bitch now

If you don't agree you are a racist homophobe trump supporter alt-right incel

Attached: ign.jpg (715x266, 46K)

t. never played a Souls game blind and does not know how good this feels

Based. Fuck soiboy bloggers

finally all these elite scumfucker youtubers get btfo. gamers should experience games on release day and noone should get special treatment review copies!

Attached: Screens.png (668x590, 408K)

Are you stuck in '07?
Reviwers lost all their credibility long ago presciley because they can be bought easily and dance to whatever the payer tells them to.
archive.fo/np0Rb

>there wont be spoilers
how retarded are you faggots? there will be copies from mom and pop stores at least a week before release with full spoilers for everything.

That was a huge scandal which shook up a whole lot. There is pressure to nudge the scores a bit for advertisers, push that 7.7 to an 8, it's only .3 right? but the majority of people writing do think about that, and they have editors, and almost just as importantly, PR departments who stop the marketing person who wants the head of the person who just gave their latest game a 7 instead of a 10 from getting their way.

If all you do is look at the shit that gets posted on Yea Forums I can see why you'd think that it's some huge barrel of shit (especially if you believe some of the outright lies that get told), but there's a lot of good stuff that comes out, and if you ever listen to them talking on podcasts and shit they're pretty open about it.

>journalists get a copy of the game
>walk up to every enemy
>mash one button while browsing tumblr on their phone
>die
>"wow, this game is unwelcoming"

Vaati etc already got flown to Toyko and played the full game.

I've played Souls games blind before you even heard of them. And I love them

That doesn't mean I can't criticize Sekiro for looking lazy as hell.

"Journalists" are retardedly easy to buy. They literally do not get review copies in the future if they score a game low. Why do you think practically every single AAA game ever never gets a score of 70+ no matter how bad it is?

it was a 4 hour demo

Reminder that these are the people who review your games.

Attached: 1528406681991.webm (640x360, 2.32M)

they gave dmc5 90s so they are based now

How does it look lazy?

Yeah bro, games journalists are pretty honest and open about what they do. It's not like they have a mailing list where they all discuss what to scores to give a game together, or what agenda to push

Attached: gamers are dead.jpg (2160x2250, 870K)

In twenty years I've browsed this place I could never understand why you guys care so much about reviews and journalists in general. Literally look at a trailer and game footage, additionally see people's impressions on Yea Forums to see if there are hidden flaws. Play the game for yourself. That's it

I hate that games are the only type of media where it is literally okay and commonplace for devs to threaten game journalists with taking away their access to review copies in the future should they not give their games at least a 7/10 or so.

Disney tried that in movies and banned some critics from early screenings and it backfired massively.

You mean like JRPGs, the worst, most generic genre in existence?
Enjoy your shovelware, I guess.

It's yet another Souls game with no big changes, just a different setting. If anything it has even less features than 3pre ious Souls games.

I haven't read a review in literally years. Those people are completely irrelevant.

review copies never should have become a thing in the first place
they're an opiate to bind clickbaiting journalists to the company's cause

These effeminate basedboys will never be based.

Attached: 1537897261992.jpg (1920x683, 530K)

this is the best webm ive seen in a while

BOMBA DE JANEIRO!
youtube.com/watch?v=c9y6qxs36uo
BOMBAAAAAAA!

Attached: BOMBA.png (1280x824, 560K)

A review should only be done on a consumer copy of the game anyway. Any reviews or previews made before launch is just advertising.
If a journalist gets a copy of the game early its because the publisher wants them to have the time to play and review the game before launch so they can advertise their big scores at launch.

Good
Anyone who calls himself a gamer should be hanged from a fucking tree.

The usual no early review means the game is likely shit

Its more about a hobby pride thing for me. Ive seen no other markets with such rubbish ""journalists"". Gaming journalism is just so far removed from normal gamers, they are clueless and bad at games.

Does it mean the game is trash?

This but skip the "read people's impressions on Yea Forums" part. No sane person would try to filter out the 1 legitimate criticism post among a sea of 5000 shitposts and falseflags.

Game industry has extremely low standards and next to no barriers to entry, if you know enough people you can pick up a job just like that

Why these fucks still act confused when others don't treat the industry with respect is beyond me, god knows the people working in it fucking don't

>>make a retard filter game
>press X to sickdark
>press O to safe trigger branch area
>rince and repeat until 20 minute epic sick dark cinematics with marvel one liners
>100% completion 15 hours later

Because most AAA games are functional and polished. When you're trying to be objective you can't look at a polished and well put together game even if it's kinda meh and say "this is a 5" this is the only medium where you have these huge technical areas.

Then you guys all get shocked when games that aren't this get low scores.

Did you read any of it? I don't think you did because 90% of it is "Anyone here reviewing this game that's not out yet and done this part?" because they're not sure what to do and can't google it. Or asking "does this sound really shitty?" and Arthur Giles being a prick, just in general.

It's just an industry mailing list, like most industries have.

>man plays a game at a preview event, says it's fun and he's really bad at it and puts the video up for a laugh
>people take this like he's satan.

I never understood that.

Oh it's ridiculous, publishers take massive liberties with it as well, like getting the review copy of your 40 hour game to them with like 2 days to go so they have to rush through shit. And then their lapdogs just applaud them for it.

Attached: game reviewers.png (606x458, 60K)

BOMBAAAAAAA!
youtube.com/watch?v=y_kTcnmp3E8

Attached: BOMBAA.png (1280x824, 554K)

OHHHHHH NO NO NO NO NO

this

We don't need game "journalists" anymore. Even a random user who has played 1 hour of a game and rants with three sentences is still better than all journalists combined.

Also we have Youtube, Twitch, and so many other ways to literally see the game and think if we like it or not.

The only thing game "journalists" do nowadays is forcing alt left politics in their reviews and that's it. Never support all those gender studies retards who try to force their useless degree on gamers.

Also agree. All those losers just spoil the games with their "first 8 hours of .." or "I played 40 hours of ... And here is my high school level "review" which is just a minute by minute play by play bbut no spoilers I swear"

40% yourself resetranny

BASED
AND
REDPILLED

no review copy for that literally who youtubefag or anyone and everyone?
I was listening to a podcast last week which had a CBSi guy on it and he had a copy and was already playing it.

That was one of the most jarring things to me years ago, that people took Metacritic scores even a little seriously when most hobbies outside of video games have an internalized mindset that review scores don't actually matter.

how can u say it's bad it's not even out

Go read your local newspaper's film critic sometime.

The reviews need to be out before the game so that customers can make an informed choice, that's the whole point. That's why publishers love giving them no time to sit down and actually scrutinise the game properly.

Remember you HAVE to have the review up day 0. If you don't you're losing money to the guys that do, so your boss won't tolerate it.

Here's a news flash, From Soft isn't a triple A developer, they make niche extremely Japanese games. It just so happens one of those blew up and became actually popular.

I like their games, they're always interesting to me but if you told me their publisher is worried the game isn't what they thought it would be and it's a weird thing instead I couldn't be less surprised.

ITS OVER FROM BROS

>>man plays a game at a preview event, says it's fun and he's really bad at it and puts the video up for a laugh
>>people take this like he's satan.
>I never understood that.

The man claims to be a GAMING journalist, and to have been gaming for 10+ years. I dont want this man to do anything related to reviewing games, even if it is for brainlet normies reading their tripe.

I know how dare I be vaguely informed about a topic I'm discussing instead of just making shit up and being angry at my own strawman.

based, reviewers are too casual for souls

They very clearly discuss what agendas to push as well. Or are you telling me it's simply a coincidence for a dozen review sites to publish the same "gamers are over" article on the same day?

Attached: 1532788794319.jpg (1080x1561, 619K)

go back

THEY ARE TRYING TO HIDE MICROTRANSACTIONS YOU FUCKING RETARDS
>B-B-BUT THEY SAID IT WON'T HAVE THEM
AND HITLER SAID HE WASN'T GOING TO INVADE USSR

translation : all current previews are made on a bullshot build and the final game will be downgraded everywhere.

Better get to coping when that 92 Metascore comes in, DMCuck.

Please no

Alternatively, game is hard and doesn't bother being "progressive", so journalists will bash it regardless of quality.

>journalist is shit at games
>people laugh at that
>I never understood that
You're a fucking idiot mate.

Also,
>Because most AAA games are functional and polished.
Pouring money into your games to keep the production value juuuuust above a certain line to not outright say "xyz is shit" shouldn't be rewarded and what you say as example shows how spineless and clueless reviewers truly are.
When Marvel movies can be ripped for being all show and no substance, AAA games can too.
>Then you guys all get shocked when games that aren't this get low scores.
Duh, because most games that aren't that, actually put effort in you fucking underage moron.

In the previews we've seen enemies reset so they cant be cheesed like that.
It's likely a design choice due to death being extremely unforgiving in this game.

It’s just consolewarring garbage.
“Muh movie got 91” “muh shooty got 93”
It’s all subliminal advertising to get normies to defend publishers

Reminder the menu in sekiro pauses the game unlike all soulsborne games

La bomba cae cuando los putos nacen

if you try to hide in the tree branches in the monk fight she just slaps your ass down into a cliff

Then don’t buy them

FUCK JOURNALISTS

Attached: 1541456334335s.jpg (225x227, 9K)

lmao okay. I know someone who worked for the biggest gaming outlets in several countries and what she told me is that paie reviews are a thing to this day but they dont work in a way like people think - paid reviews are meant to bring up good game to masterpiece tier not other way around like people think when games shit and THEN they will buy out scores. It works that way because people will then overlook a lot of shit in product but when its well medicore or bad from the core and anyone could see that its pointless to pay for score for game like that it would just create shitstorm and accusations but when game is relatively good and polished then they bring the score up to make the game masterpiece tier by paying thats how it works at least what ive been told.

Okay, lets assume that he's actually super awful at all games forever... isn't that a valid position to have? there are people that suck at games out there, why is a review by one of them which would probably be useful to those people something that is unthinkable?

On top of that there's plenty of evidence of him being perfectly competent at other games, but, and here's the exact description from the video.

"GamesBeat lead writer and reporter Dean Takahashi doesn't really play platformers or sidescrolling action games. He's bad at them. But since he was the only member of our staff in Germany during the time of Gamescom, he agreed to try it out for us. What would happen next would change all of our lives forever because no one knew Dean could be *this* bad."

He was just the guy they had there.

I've come to say this. Activision has been quite transparent in its marketing of Sekiro, going so far as to fly out influencers to preview their games multiple times. There's been plenty of preview content released to excuse the lack of review copies in this case.

>Go read your local newspaper's film critic sometime.
i-is it really this bad everywhere? Im assuming they are at least less political/ideological?

Our thoughts on Vaati?

>build your entire career around writing about games and reviewing them
>Gameplay video of cuphead reveals that you're actually so fucking inept and clueless when it comes to the absolute basics in a platformer that it takes you longer than a fucking bird to solve a puzzle
>"Bro I don't get why people are laughing and saying I shouldn't have a career in gaming"
These people clearly don't care about games in the slightest beyond a paycheck. It's fucking absurd that someone who cannot beat a fucking tutorial is paid to give their opinion on the game

This is the most apologist post I've seen in years. Congratulations user.
>AAA games shouldn't get bad reviews! Just think about all the cool graphics and voice acting! Look how much it cost! It even has all the things that are in right now! I love open world and crafting!
>Haha whats the matter if reviewers are shit at games? That doom video from polygon was charming!

>When Marvel movies can be ripped for being all show and no substance, AAA games can too.

A marvel movie can't crash, or glitch out.

Literally everything is.

No like Super Mario levels, though there is a skill tree thing that resets when you die.
>live
>max on buffs a la combo
>die
>live
>stay buffed longer cuz you got gud
>repeat

i don't pay attention to reviews anymore

Marvel movies don't ge ripped, they get Oscars.

Attached: alberto.png (346x295, 163K)

A fucking retard with an even dumber fanbase

Ummm. No review copies sure... But they did get you tubers who play the soul series to their office for hands on and interviews. Vids of game play and thoughts on the game are getting released all over utube. Journalists got shit while proper gaming content creators got early hands on. Pretty based if you ask me.

I wouldn't trust any one that doesn't have a firm grasp on the core mechanics on a game to review them. it would be like trying to review street fighter when all you do is button mash like an idiot.

Capcom shills are worried about DMCV, especially after RE2 only sold 2 million despite all their shilling.

cocksuck
everyone who was flown out to this shit is a cocksuck

annoying

I guess I have to commend GamesBeat for hiring the mentally retarded.

>isn't that a valid position to have?
Its not. I dont want someone who knows nothing about literature to review books, I dont wnat someone who knows nothing about games to review games. Its pretty simple.

I don't love these things, but the degree of technical competence on display does count, which is why for these huge big budget titles yeah, getting a 70 is bad. Because you clearly have nothing else other than the fact you can pay a lot of people.

It's a quirk that's pretty unique to video games, unless you want to hit the pure subjective review, which I'm down for, but when people do that "MUH OBJECTIVITY!" gets screamed.

What they did make sense considering how bad "jounalists" are at video games. They invited people who are invested in souls games to play a demo and even allowed them to broadcast footage of the game. Pretty much all of those people agree that the game is harder than the souls games before it.

As for review copies, why would they want to put a hard game into the hands of "journalists" early? They'll just complain about the difficulty and how they can't experience the full game because they can't beat a boss and progress, then probably give the game a shit score?

theres arguments for and against review copies

if you get review copies: you might feel like if youre being too harsh the publisher wont send you copies in the future, thus the review can become biased. its not really a problem because you know they got a review copy and can take that into an account

if you dont get review copies: people will rush to make reviews when the game launches globally, naturally rushing things and reviews being full of inaccurate/missing information. youd have to wait several days or even weeks to get an accurate review. additionally big gaming activist outlets can just bruteforce games with the amount of staff they have, making no review copies unfair for smaller reviewers

all in all review copies are a good thing. but no review copies doesnt mean a game is bad by no means, plenty of games with no review copies turned out excellent

Attached: 1420146067483.jpg (600x451, 25K)

Its not that i dont see the humerous angle or anything, the description is fine. Its just a small symptom of the industry cancer. We all GET IT, you wont be amazing at every game, but some shit is just too much.

Here is a bad comparison: F1 racer reviews a dump truck, but cant figure out where the steering wheel is located

It's days like this I'm glad I'm not a Soulsfag (read: I did not git gud)

Most reviewers are trash these days

I think it's better this way as souls games are reliant on your first experience and being spoiled can ruin them

The game is going to review extremely well. Everyone has come out of the preview event with very positive impressions, from mainstream cucks like VICE to experienced Souls players.

Ohh no no no

He didn't review cuphead, he played a preview, because he was the only staff member they had at this event and they asked him to. Mike Minotti reviewed it for them.

yes you can argue that no review copies for a souls games makes sense but i thought the entire point of sekiro was that its nothing like souls?

Oh no, now how will ecelebs feed me the correct opinion?
Seriously kill yourself.

I'm glad this shit is going to bomb. Maybe they'll go back to making soul games again.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkUNLxeXaPY

If I watch three different segments a few minutes long each of a video game chances are I already 100% know what it is like and whether or not I would enjoy it.

Just watching random youtube NON-STAGED gameplay footage is all the review you need.

I mean it's nothing like souls in a gameplay sense but the story and presentation are very much like souls

I'd like to see them try and make something different for once

>implying I need journalists to tell me how good this is gonna be
it's the GOTY 2019, relax bro

He didn't review it! he played it at a preview event so they could have some footage, and it was bad, but they decided to upload it anyway because they thought people would go "haha, that's funny"

don't shill for him faggot

Following the "no early copies or demo = bad game" logic Anthem should have been a masterpiece

This is a Souls game, just without any equipment you could find.

Daily reminder soulsfags are the codfags of old.
Wishing and buying the same shit over and over and over again.

>story and presentation
pretty sure the reason you didnt want spoilers for dark souls were all the bosses and enemy encounters, not item descriptions

There's zero chance of it bombing. Minimum 87 on Metacritic.

FROMFAGS BTFO

>Our thoughts on X person from the Souls fanbase?
I wish silence from them.

fuck off dean

Finding out what the new area was going to be is exciting along with what boss is in them

At least with youtubers and streamers you're watching the game being played and can make your own mind about it. If you don't want to be influenced by the streamer just mute the video.

I only trust this when they do it for story reasons but it's activision so eeeh...

reading some onions riddled faggot cry about how the game doesn't have an easy mode two days before release wont help we decide if i want to pick it up anyway

>He didn't review it!
YES I KNOW, thats why it was a bad comparison, it was merely to demonstrate my thinking on a broader scale, user.

>The usual no early review means the game is likely shit

No it means they care mre about the opinions of there core fans and not some casual scrub ass reviewrs

this

oopsie I just bought it ;) sorry your thread didn't work out haha

Attached: file.png (700x214, 165K)

You don't need reviewers. Especially not for big AAA games or Steam games.

Especially Steam has a 2 hour no questions asked refund policy. We live in the current year. Reviews are a thing of the past before the internet was a thing.

Also just release the fucking game if it's playable. Why do I have to wait longer than a fat fuck which review is even less worth than shit? Only retards read """professional""" reviews.

Just look at the fucking Steam site (or publisher site). They release enough footage for your decision making where you know if the game is good enough. And if there is ONE GAME where you aren't sure if it's worth buying, just wait a few days and look at metacritis, Steam reviews, Amazon reviews, or any other site which has customer reviews. I don't know one game where those reviews weren't good enough.

But if you are so insecure to play games without reviews, just stop playing video games or fucking pirate all your games. I can't believe there are still retards out there who need some faggot telling them that they are white cis gendered bodied males and calling this shit "game review".

based

That's just creating a situation that doesn't happen. Besides the analogy doesn't work because different kinds of game play very differently. I've seen grand master starcraft 2 players suck shit at FPS games so much you'd think you were watching that polygon video. But if you insisted that he's bad at video games you'd be clearly lying because he's literally one of the best players in the world at one.

I don't care, not paying for it. Even if it turns out to be a mediocre 10 hour action romp I will get some enjoyment out of it.

Absolutely BASED, Journos on suicide watch. Early review copies are retarded and the journos who get them haven't been able to justify them for years now. The only relevant and worthwhile reviews always come out minimum a month after release.

>you dont need reviews
>game gets shit after 2 hours
wew lad well played

Agreed. Fuck jounalists.

>bomba

Squidward was right

Aren't review copies just bribes for soulless hacks we call game journalists?
I wouldn't believe anything they would write since they are under NDA anyway.

But user, you gotta remember that you average Soulsfag has an overinflated ego because they were able to beat a notoriously difficult action RPG

I just refunded my order.
What now faggot?

They're not. Many game journo sites released preview impressions on the same day, the Playstation Access cunts did one, Gameradar, even fucking Vice and several others.

oh no no nono

Thats not a good point to make when there's plenty of examples of journos being shit at games
>DOOM
>AC7

Strange because Sekiro looks really good and will probably get great reviews too?? Wonder what Activision is trying to do here

>Playstation Access cunts did one

Where did the bald British man touch you user?

I'd just cut out the middle man and say the average Yea Forumsirgin.

>get a bunch of From shills to promote the game
>refuse to give out review copies
Oh no...

Doom doesn't count, they were forced to play a shooter with a controller can you believe that?

Based

learn to code fags

Im dont agree that most games really play that differently, genres sure, but within those not really.
The problem is that if you suck this bad at something it means you are a brainlet. In other words, sure be bad but dont be retarded.

I rather listen to opinion of average Yea Forums inhabiting tranny about a game than game journalist.
I filter "professional" reviews in my head to the same void zone in my brain where adverts go.
The age of journos is long gone, they are propped by industry itself, since it needs more places to push their shit.

>no online
>no equipment
>no stats

its a one and done game

literally worse than Hitler

lmaooooooooo

You're wrong then, that's that simple. Unless you want to argue that you can be a top player in strategy games while being a brainlet.

Where I live we use cunt more affectionately than in other places, cunt. I miss Hollie

Getting ecelebs to shill games has proven to be a more effective and cheaper type of marketing so it's not really surprising. Don't have to worry about them saying anything negative either.

This. There's a reason most vidya sites are now "nerd culture" sites as well or belong to a big network of sites.

They don't, it's literally just all shitposting fuel and multiple layers of bait. No one here actually cares about Journos but their irrelevant scores are what keep the OH NO NO meme alive and well. Same thing when it comes to console warring.

Guess freedom of speech is only allowed when it's 8cucks talking

Activision bad

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017_11_28_at_12.59.38_PM.0.jpg (1200x800, 226K)

Yea Forums is unironically the best place to get an impression of a game you just have t tune yourself to filter the shitposting
even the shitposting has a bit of merit sometimes

Fair, fair. We all do, there's something soothing about their channel though, ever since I randomly clicked on it once I keep going back.

Shtposting is required to release peoples true emotions when discussing the game, it also confuses the corporate shills and gives work lowlifes like us in advertisement industry.

True and based. Journies are so shit that their opinion on games doesn't matter and just gives them a bad name.

i hope it's because they think the game is shit.

activision doesn't know shit about games so if they think is bad is probably really good.

remember sony thought demon souls was shit.

Attached: 1548542410408.jpg (1599x2070, 359K)

are you implying a game CANNOT have replayability unless its an RPG with a custom character?

Or you just want to save money.
While a bad sign, this would be my first move if I wanted to create for at least average IQ consumer.
Streamers are far more effective as marketers and reviewers.

Autists need RPG elements because watching numbers slowly increase gives them feelings similar to sexual release

I've seen maplestory players, this appears to be true.

Another one consumed by Activision

Activision bad

Attached: cuck.png (800x445, 361K)

>but no review copies doesnt mean a game is bad by no means
The question is why would they choose to not send out copies for reviews?

A dev or publisher wouldn't be worried about the bias a free copy creates, in fact they likely plan for it to. If they feel the game needs time to sink in, they can easily add an embargo which for some games extend to after the launch. And if anything having no review copies means journalists have to rush even more to get a review up post launch. That really leaves the reviewer not liking it, which doesn't necessarily mean the game is bad but that it may not be to there taste. I'd also rule the taste part out here though as it is currently cool to like From Soft stuff. Critics even highly rate the souls games that fans are split on. So really that leaves Activision not having faith in the game, be that fair or not.

They're right, you know

Journos will give mostly high scores anyway since they fear not getting more tickets for Activision Gravy Train.

>those greedy money grubbing corporations
>please support my patreon!

>moan about game journalists being shit all day
>publishers cut out game journalists
>DEAD ON ARRIVAL

this is what we want, you stupid cunt

This is retarded, what could they charge you for?

And he's pulling in $12k/mo

Jealous, wagelet?

>gold
>experience boost
>reducing Dragonrot
>cosmetics

Either to prevent spoilers or because the game is bad. Praying for the former.

>influencers

Attached: 1520576637921.png (540x610, 177K)

Why do people think this bothers anyone? Especially when the game won't even have Denuvo and will immediately available for free?

Good point

It's legit hard to be jealous of Jim when he looks like jabba the hut. Some things are more important than money.

>Peep Show references on Yea Forums

This is good. Fuck your kike eceleb review garbage.

>implying
as soon as a physical copy gets to a store it's already leaked
maybe even earlier

There's gonna be different talent tree builds and also different endings, speedrunning prospects, and no death runs considering the dragon rot system

Remember when DOOM '16 shipped with no release copies and the game was a success?

Review copies are a meme, just play the damn games.

>and the game was a success?
Depends who you ask
Zoomers love it, opinions are mixed elsewhere

seething thirdie

Hopefully not this time. We'll see.

zoomers love souls so sekiro is gonna do good

Reminder that Activision has literally no role in Sekiro other than publishing it in the West.

Attached: 1551814788117.png (598x756, 621K)

They literally flew media people out to cover the game IN JAPAN, from Journos to YouTubers to even fucking Vaati.
Instead of giving review copies to a bunch of braindead 'reviewers' that would complain about 'not enough minorities' or 'this game is too hard' they got people who at the very least could be entertaining with their first impressions.

Oh yeah. I really wish I was Jim.

Does that technically make it an indie game in Japan?

god I wish that was me

Attached: sterling.jpg (1536x2048, 348K)

no, that's just self-publishing.

They already spent a small fortune getting LITERALLY EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET to play the game in Japan. Sending out review copies seems kinda redundant now.
Just wait a week if reviews matter so much to you.

I've been a Sekiro skeptic but got slowly converted into believing it will be a good game. I think this will be a good thing to prevent journalist faggots from spoiling the game or whining about about the game too hard.

Attached: Dxr0Cb9VsA0v39f.jpg (600x900, 61K)

I'd only be seething if I wasted money on a single-player game.

Wrong thread, user. You're looking for one of the DMC threads.

>they got shills to promote the game instead of actuals reviews
Nice

Based. Fuck journos. All this guarantees is no corruption deals

You could already do no death or lvl1 runs in old souls games.

>reducing Dragonrot

this is the most retarded thing i've ever heard about

the fun part is that activision would 100% do it and don't see a problem with that

archive.is/h3wUn
>Before we attended the preview event for Sekiro we were warned that review copies would not be available before release at the end of this month. That’s just about the worst warning sign you can get for a game, but we feel confident in saying that, in this case at least, it’s just the publisher being weird – and not a comment on the game’s quality.
>... if there are no reviews before launch don’t take that as a bad omen, because this is looking like being another FromSoftware classic.

Hello again, OP.

Attached: 1549913841926.gif (188x164, 12K)

That doesn't really make any sense. You can hide mtx in review copies already.

Do people here think companies put every penny they have into their latest game in the form of the ultimate gamble?

This.
Even if they get early review copies you can hardly ever trust their reviews anyway, so what's the point?

Attached: 1551964170681.jpg (681x705, 238K)

Games journalists have been sacrificing games left and right for clickbait. Publishers might finally be catching wise to their bullshit.

Honestly, I think it would be hilarious if all games journalists suddenly find themselves cut off from reviews, previews, "insider sources" and all of this other bullshit. No other industry is infected with this kind of shit, and it's lead us to where we are today.

There are more important things than money user but you can continue to be total subhuman without dignity that would sell own mother for couple of bucks and go around calling other poor ,,wagelets''.

>faith in your game.
or faith in the "influencers"

It's not like they've been hiding the game, there's literally hours of preview footage of multiple youtube/twitch streams having already played it.

Nigga in DaS you can literally run right past almost any enemy to skip them to get straight the boss or unlock shortcuts.

why should i care what this soiboy has to say?

Fuck reviewers

what are you gay lmao

what a fag

>oh no who is gonna check if the game is even beatable now, movies have early screenings all the time!
Nigga just hire a tester lmao they have been doing it for decades and serves the same purpose, japs have some kids play their games before release and the producer makes changes accordingly, professional reviews used to be (and still are) 80% advertisement.

You'd think From Software would have better reputation with how successful their last few games have been.

>influencers

Read that carefully again and think about it.

>this
>We don't need game "journalists" anymore. Even a random user who has played 1 hour of a game and rants with three sentences is still better than all journalists combined.
>Also we have Youtube, Twitch, and so many other ways to literally see the game and think if we like it or not.
>The only thing game "journalists" do nowadays is forcing alt left politics in their reviews and that's it. Never support all those gender studies retards who try to force their useless degree on gamers.

Are your egos THAT hurt?

They're clearly keeping the narrative a secret.

Even if a game is good, at this point reviews pose more risk than reward. Or at least they might, and publishers have been trying to see just how blind they can keep consumers before it backfires.

This is a precedent Activision wants to set. They know From Software has a reputable track record and a devote fan base. Any game they release is almost guaranteed to succeed and be well received by the critics.
They will not release review copies but suffer no consequence for it because the game will be good. After that, they will excuse themselves the same way and release no review copies for any single other game that comes out, specially their yearly, heavily monetized franchises.
That's exactly what Bethesda did. I am surprised Activision took this long.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 104K)

PC or ps4?

Because they've been doing pre-release events and there are literal hours of footage out there already with virtually 0 NDA on them. I went to gamescom and they gave me a full hour (every second I played) and said no restrictions, do what I want.

60fps or 25fps 600p with dips

It looks like a boring game. Why are you interested in it?

I'm gonna buy it on ps4 and pirate it on PC

Will it be release on Battle.net or Steam?

probably they could not make an easier version for "game journos" like FS did with ds3

Seems redundant

Dark Souls games look boring, but the gameplay it's what's good about them. And gameplay has to be tried by yourself.
I never cared for Dark Souls until I actually got to play the first game.
Sekiro seems to be From's own evolution of the Sould formula. I am interested to see that.

This

Influancers and creators is the biggest fucking meme ever. Who needs these chucklefucks, cut out the middleman and just release the game.

It worked for Deltarune and Apex Legends.

>it looks like a boring game
that's your opinion, and you're a tasteless fucking pleb

Deserves every bit of suffering he got during Criken's Dark souls 3 play through for his shitty lore videos

Played it for 4 hours. It was fucking great. You retards should just stop seeing a Souls game in it because it's not what it is. It's a very good game.

What is it then?

this is what you asked for gamers. Now apologize.

Attached: journalist.png (1784x303, 68K)

it's a straight action-adventure game.

Should I buy this for pc or ps4? Gabe's steam or those sweet trophies?

>PREY
>Nu-Doom
Bethesda has been doing this and some of the games turn out great

Kek, I remember when you became a journalist because you had something to say, these soulless niggas don't even like games.

Exactly this. Their bought ultrafan influencers were allowed to play it, because they were safe.

>you mean like JRPGs
>a genre that is all about leveling up and aquiring new gear and abilities
user, I...

ps4 for healthy playerbase after 1 month

>MUH FREE SPEECH

who the fuck said it was a constitutional right to get a free game week before it came out?

Who said the post is about that and not edgy lynch mobs butthurt some faggot maybe would talk shit about their cult brand?

Fuck em journos aren't a good source of review so why give review copies.

You can watch footage of it on several youtube channels. People got to play for 3 hours at an event. The guy I watched (Iron Pineapple) said it was possibly the hardest game From has produced and "as someone who has been tired of the souls formula for a while and was disappointed about no co-op or pvp, I'm pretty hype now".
That's just one opinion of a longtime From fan who got to actually play the game. Take it how you will, but I think it'll be great.

Do you know what free speech means? Even if I grant you that a private business can violate it, your abhorrent post still makes no sense.

>reviewers are notoriously terrible at video games
>devs have to make an adjusted version with braindead AI or serious padding so they don't get stuck at area 1 and can actually give a reveiw
>From says fuck that, stop being a casul and wait like everyone else
BASTE

It's a single player game...

>journos seething they don't get free games anymore
LOL

Good. When's the last time a game wasn't leaked prior to release date because of review copies going out early?

Do you actually remember it though? I seriously doubt anyone posting on Yea Forums is that old.

the cockroach fears the chad game publisher

This is good, they want secrets kept secret.

If anyone thinks the game won't sell millions you're insane, youtubers will cover the game because fromsoft games get millions of views.

Steam has achievements.
I'm going PC. Because literally why not? I can either play at 30fps low settings or 60 high. Might get it on PS4 on sale a year later. Same thing I did/am doing with RE2.

Normally i'd be pretty reactionary but this desu

At this point, we've SEEN Sekiro in action. We know what it's combat and gameplay flow looks like. All we don't have a clear image of is content

The old game magazine journalists from EGM and shit before the internet ones were nothing like these clowns it'd be hilarious to read them now

>Activision won't give the west prerelease copies
>From Soft self publishes in Japan and will give their people copies

laffin'

Game already looks at least worth a pirate. I'll buy it proper once all the DLC has been released + discounts.

>Youtube recommends Vaati's new video to me for some reason
>"your character puts his weapon away near NPCs so no longer can you accidentally kill them"
>forgetting to mention how this also means you can't intentionally kill them, meaning you have less freedom as the player
Less than 20 seconds in and he's already shilling. He did the same thing last time where he tried to reason how cutting out things like customization was an improvement. When From's next title adds customization back in he'll probably praise that too.

>Incredulous outrage shill, after years of smug condescension and "10 reasons why white men inceloids will hate game x and that's a good thing" thinks he is hurting egos instead of being one of the most despised life forms on the planet.

Based Activision and what a great precedent to demonetize these anti-gamer hacks.

Attached: 1551931631363m.jpg (1024x575, 114K)

Some of those old reviews were fucking gold

Attached: fRdQMeH.jpg (600x800, 95K)

Vaati *has* to shill From games. It's his only income source other than sucking dick on the street. By shilling the game he increases the potential viewership of his future lore videos.

I'm waiting to see the performance benchmarks and to see just how shit the port is this time before I buy this game.
From (love their games) is NOTORIOUS for garbage ass ports.
Definitely not getting it on my PS4. It'll either be my 1X or my PC.
>worth a pirate
Filthy PC*ck sewage slurper. You only deserve to play Abortnite.

imagine someone releasing a review like this today
they'd get fired on the spot out of fear of obtaining a bad rep with the devs

OH NO NO NO

or trigger everyone for making light of suicide

Attached: izDrTX3.png (1003x537, 761K)

Does he still review games?

>influencers

find a real job

Attached: 1550862573767.png (500x357, 185K)

>You only deserve to play Abortnite.
No thanks. I pay money for games, but I only buy at launch if its really good. Sekiro isn't that yet.

I wouldn't want someone dumber than a bird to review my games, simple as that.

Reminder that game reviewers/journalist have less credibility in Publishers eyes than Twitch/Youtube letsplayers/streamers and that's unironically a good thing.

It only shows how increasingly click bait and far Left these review sites have become in such short time because they're getting desperate.

Yes, he is going to shill it as hard as he can.
But come on man, can you imagine how disappointed this man would be if he accidentally killed an NPC while trying to record footage or research and had to go to NG+ just for that NPC?
I get why he's praising it even though it removes some freedom of choice.

twitter.com/misterbrilliant/status/483224360418041856?lang=en

he still writes for magazines and various publications

most sites have already transitioned into shitty youtube lets play channels anyway

It's not Dark Souls. Please, get this through your heads. It's not Dark Souls.

Yes, the freedom to kill any NPC is a remarkable thing in Dark Souls. It's not Dark Souls.

>influencers
pffffhahahahahahaha

You don't know if its really good or not. So you're going to pirate before reading a review to find out if its worth your money?
Sorry I just can't respect someone who steals. You're a nigger.

>"research"
fuck of Vaati, no one with half a brain thinks what you do actually adds any value

Huh. That's neat.

all hail lord dark soul
I dont need to see reviews for dark soul I will buy EVERY edition full price

Also this. Thanks for pointing that out.

fucking based

autism

Game Journalists get the rope.

Okay, okay """"""""""""research"""""""""""" means listening to dialogue, reading item descriptions and forming his opinions, and its what most people do already.
I'm just using a word for it, calm down autist.
>implying someone defending a general practice that Vaati does HAS to be Vaati
Not everyone uses your gay little anime site, son.

>see people's impressions on Yea Forums
no thanks

>Activision
>Based

Contrarian/v/ never ceases to amaze

This.
Plus it's so easy to just fucking watch a game play stream or clip and decide if it's any good.
Hell I get repacks then if the game is good I'll buy it

It's not stealing, I'm not taking someone else's copy. I'm just enjoying a full-game demo, and I have the option to pay for it down the road when the game is worth its true value (~$20).

Lots of good games have been blacked out. It doesn't imply quality in any measure. Consider the source of the implication and you will find Long Noses in short order.

It's a nice feature so why can't it be included in multiple games instead of just one particular series? Immortal NPCs belong in Skyrim.

"GAME HARD, GAME BAD CUZ HARD"
article written by Stevie Cuckmywife, senior writer at Kotaku

What do you call yourself, a software hobbyist?

I can hardly believe I have to explain this, but its called a lost potential sale. You're stealing the potential sale of full price software by pirating it instead of paying yourself.
>true value
No, this is just what you're willing to pay. Lots of people are willing to pay a lot more, and that's what a product's true value is at the time of introduction into the market.

>Angry Soulsnigger complaining that "it's not dark souls" for a new IP
>Muh pvp
>Muh 100 weapons with 3 movesets and sets of animations
>Muh muh
>Calls other people shitposters
PLEASE kill yourself!

>There are more important things than money
Kek. Blow it out your ass, you hypocrite.

This isn't a createyourowncharacter simulator, its a roleplaying action game where you play a part. Maybe Sekiro or whatever the fuck his name is doesn't run around killing his friends.
I'm fine either way in a game like this. I don't think you should have immortal NPCs in a game like skyrim though. I agree with you there.
That game however, is meant to be completely open to the player. They only made them immortal for braindead kids to not fuck up their playthrough because Morrowind was too hard apparently.
This is a set experience with a defined character, so this choice as a developer I can respect.

There is no such thing as true value. All value is subjective and based on personal value scales and the marginal utility of the product in question.

That said, potential sale is also a fiction. You cannot demonstrate at all that pirates would buy if they couldn't pirate. And a sale is not an object. It is an event. You cannot steal an event. You can only steal scarce physical resources that are owned by another. Information is not scarce. Ergo it is not possible to be stolen. By your logic, I "steal a potential sale" every time I choose to not buy a product. I am not obligated to buy anything from anyone. I'm only obligated to respect their property rights. And me manipulating my own scarce physical property with information is not violating anyone's property rights.

>no online
what is this shit confirmed?

good
you fags actually want something like >"sekiro comes off extremely racist for the lack of black representation (rember that one nigger samurai in japan history strawman)"

They said it back in E3 2018 already. No online.

>journalists can't be trusted because they're retarded!
So are you Yea Forumsermin. Just watch gameplay to see if a game interests you or try the demo (a rarity) or rent it, but for the love of god stop trying to tout Yea Forums's opinion as anything other than a trash heap since the majority of you are worthless.

imagine thinking this is how games work

Isn’t this standard activision behaviour the game is probably fine.

>It's not like they've been hiding the game, there's literally hours of preview footage of multiple youtube/twitch streams having already played it.

The last gameplay video I saw had the youtuber say they were restricted to only being allowed to show 20 minutes of footage

oh no, they will have to wait and pay they own copy like everyone else the horror

By pirating it you're completely removing the possibility of the company getting the money for their product from you.
Yet you get to enjoy the product anyway, and that's not okay because if enough people do this, it seriously can hurt sales. Then the company doesn't make the product anymore because they don't make enough money off it, and they move on to other products like live services and microtransactions.
You want that, piratenigger? I didn't think so.

Skill up is a literally fucking faggot anyway. Look at that shill #Farcrynewdawn in his name. His opinion is worth less than anyone on Yea Forums's.

Because they noticed that nobody gives a fuck about hack gaming critics
It's all about you2b personalities
Which is why activision flew out a bunch of souls fags to play 3 hours of the game, and they're all releasing videos about it now
Better marketing than even the most corporate mouthpiece "journalist"

>I just buy the game before knowing it's a piece of shit

Amazing how 5 years ago this would be big controversy on Yea Forums but gamergate managed to make you all a bunch of corporate shills because the ooga booga rainbow trannies are coming to steal your games otherwise.

good.

Reviewers are pure cancer anyway.

Attached: 1536690343887.gif (243x270, 483K)

>Which is why activision flew out a bunch of souls fags to play 3 hours of the game
>Better marketing than even the most corporate mouthpiece "journalist"

The fact that you can't see what you're saying is hilarious.

>They flew out a bunch of fanboy shills whose entire income is based on shitting out FromSoft related youtube videos 5 times a week to come give objective opinions on the latest FromSoft game

Just wait for one fucking day and reviews will be up. Wow that was hard.

>WHY ARE YOU TRUSTING A COMPANY WHICH HAS CONSISTENTLY PUT OUT GAMES YOU HAVE ENJOYED FOR THE LAST TEN YEARS
Yea Forumsedditors be gone

Attached: 913.jpg (484x484, 18K)

>2:08
what the hell

Another potential source of too many details being leaked because some faggot decides to spill the whole thing clogged so that's a good thing desu. I know I'm gonna buy Sekiro without looking at the reviews because FromSoft action game and the people on the fence who don't mind spoilers can just wait a few days after release. Why is this such a problem?

Attached: 1528671913498.jpg (401x500, 49K)

>By pirating it you're completely removing the possibility of the company getting the money for their product from you.
Oh, I didn't know I was unable to pay for something that I previously pirated. Even if this falsehood was true, it still isn't theft.

>Yet you get to enjoy the product anyway, and that's not okay because if enough people do this, it seriously can hurt sales.
Citation needed.

>Then the company doesn't make the product anymore because they don't make enough money off it, and they move on to other products like live services and microtransactions.
You mean the giant bloated publishing houses go out of business and capital is redirected to smaller firms with more ability to provide games people are willing to pay for?

>You want that, piratenigger? I didn't think so.
I've literally never pirated a game in my life. I advocate for paying for games, because the developers should get compensated. I simply reject the notion that piracy is theft of any kind or that it hurts gaming. Piracy did not create mtx. The bubble that the industry is currently in did.

who the FUCK EVER READ A FUCKING REVIEW AND PLAYED A GAME BECAUSE OF IT?

why would they send review copies and risk massive spoiler leaks when they already done all the previews they wanted with known youtubers and literally flewn them to demo areas? you are practically begging to have the game ruined for you, it's not like you need to prepare online builds or anything faggots

Attached: 1551720599002.png (174x231, 16K)

sometimes i watch them for game play.

Seeing 5 minutes of game play and an in game engine trailer is really all you need.

>Because they noticed that nobody gives a fuck about hack gaming critics
Not quite. The Activision execs probably looked at a checklist and one of the entries read:
>does this game pander to basedboy sensibilities, with lgbt, minorities, and so on
>no, no, no... wait this isn't that kind of game?
>then its useless to buy the lugenpresse
With that in mind they probably realize the only thing that can come from this with regards to the game reviewers is lost sales with negative reviews, because "its like dark souls but".

I got Divinity Original Sin 2 because of youtube reviews.

Upset that you didn't get a funko pop this month?

they could pick which 20 minutes though.

good thing those videos are already out

Bethesda wined and dined them all with Fallout 76 and the only shill is Oxhorn the rest shit on it

except they were fucking right all along
the "alternate perspective" is what they played but it's not alternate at all instead it's a seperate dimension where character A doesn't exist apparently because they can teleport ahead of you without doing puzzles lmao

Same except the first one.

WTF I LOVE RIO NOW

>Cherry picked, overly polished opening areas of games

No thanks, watch 10 minutes of the mid game.

If some faggot journalist gets it early then we should all get games earlier. I thought these commie faggots believed in equality.

yup and that's the trick tho. By giving reviewer games early you have no choice but to watch them if you want to see game play before release.

It's basically a controlled monopoly between devs and reviewers with one hand washing the other.

Attached: 031a58302496b6be35beeda781c761ed.jpg (640x638, 66K)

""Influencers"" should be reminded that review copies aren't the norm and that they aren't entitled to it if the company doesn't want to give their snowflake ass anything.
They should sit their ass down and wait like the rest of the playerbase.

>pay for something I previously pirated
Why would you do this, and who would do this?
>citation needed
Its common sense. When you can get something for free by stealing instead of buying, the company loses money on lost sales. Are you this dumb?
>big corporation bad
From Software is who we don't want to be stealing from my man. They are one of the few companies who make respectable games that sell really well. Why would you steal from them?
>I've never pirated
Then why are you replying to me faggot? I'm trying to argue against the dumb piratenigger.

The amount of retardation in this post, is over 9000. Listen here you retarded whiny white monkey, one day is not enough of a day to review a game. Have you even wondered why reviewers are given a copy a week or two weeks early. Fucking hell. The zoomers in this board is getting retarded day by day.

Yes, let's just buy broken and boring pieces of trash like FO76 and Anthem on release.

>Anthem
Had two open demos. You didn't need a review, you could form your own opinion by playing.

>FO76
Enough early footage was out so you could also judge for yourself.

>they didn't send review copies to not leak shit user, trust
>but these From Soft fanboys that we flew, gave accommodation, food, travel expenses and early 3 HOURS game will surely give the game a totally unbiased review.

>he doesn't know
No one tell him.

Attached: lll.jpg (160x200, 6K)

I have, many times. This was before internet formed networks where I feel like I would get more credible and unbiased information from people I know.

I used to read a pretty high quality local gaming magazine that not only had pretty unbiased reviews but also highlighted a bunch of relatively unknown games.

what are you jealous

Attached: 1551698587958.png (390x308, 131K)

>retarded whiny white monkey
Lol seething shitskin detected.
Mark my words, search youtube the day after release and there will be reviews from people who played at least most of the game and formed an opinion on that experience.
>anthem and crapout 76
Come on nigger, people who had any sense knew not to trust these games based on the shit they already had seen.
We have seen sekiro gameplay and shit and it looks pretty good to me.

I can form my own. Played Anthem demo, fun flying everything else will be just boring grind. FO76 reeks red flags from announcement. But can the masses? If you think the general populace are smart buyers, than you think wrong. That's why there's hype machines and pre-order cultures.

"early review copies" is a practice that should be discontinued anyway. all it does is encourage reviewers to rush through games to get their reviews up asap. reviews would be more accurate if they had to wait like everyone else and reviewers didn't have the pressure to rush their reviews out.

If you couldn't smell the stinky dildo that is FO76 a week off, you deserve to have paid $60.

You replied to my post. I am the pirate nigger who mentioned value scales. I've never pirated.

As for big corps bad, I'm the first to defend markets and capitalism. But clearly companies like Activision and EA are not good for gaming. They clearly value profit over games. I love profit. It rewards the productive and incentivizes production. But if you're creating art, there need to be SOME consessions away from pure profit. The only reason these games require such unbelievable sales figures just to avoid failure is because of the unnecessary bloat created by the bureaucracy and management that comes with any large firm. Vidya is best made by smaller teams. We are in a bubble wherein the runaway success of vidya has attracted the wrong kind of people to it. We are currently in the middle of the bubble, and it's starting to pop. Giant bad corps are starting to lose sales. Capital will flow away from them and towards better practices and smaller teams. The industry will restructure and big money will be less effective. The gaming industry is a diseconomy of scale.

This so much.

correct. this is a good move

Based and redpilled

>JRPGs, the worst, most generic genre in existence

Attached: CCB28D7F-3636-4132-9C2D-1B969734342C.jpg (1024x521, 43K)

Influencers are leeches that'll continue to "like" everything to maintain their access.

Attached: 1551819102126.png (188x264, 77K)

This all may be true and it may not be true. On one hand, a lot of people who enjoy actual good games would identify with you here.
On the other hand, you have blizzard and activision posting record profits from microtransactions.
So who is really going to win here? I don't think that small studios necessarily have to be better at making good games that we enjoy as people who don't lap up the shit that trickles from blizz/activision's steaming bungholes, but a lot of popular games are made by smaller teams. Not to say its disproportionate though.
At the end of it, none of this justifies pirating games from a company that actually makes good games like From Software.

Who's the ones whining here bitch ass. You lot are the ones who bitched to no end about hype cultures, pre-order cultures, yet you do not want early reviews because of petty jealousy. If you think you can make a proper, in depth review in one day, please do, but don't get mad when people find out on your retarded method and loose review. And seeing this kinds of user calling you out on you and your retardation.

Then don't watch reviews (most by big companies) that are rushed you ass hat. Is it really that hard? Or is that your petty jealousy blinding you of this working method to review a game prior release that at times has helped the masses in shaping their decision.

>make a shitty souls-lite game with the same slow, clunky souls combat
>remove the loot and build options out, put in some crappy generic Japanese setting and story
>wonder why people think your game is shit

Attached: 1232314674.jpg (1024x1365, 128K)

haha this is my first time seeing the zoomer on the right

this

fuck 'reviews'

its a fromsoft new ip. we dont need reviewer opinions.

in das you can outpath literally every enemy. the whole game can be cheesed. its just that if you do it, thats just you being a fucking pussy. its not the games fault.

Hey check it out:
imgur.com/a/zqFoQ?gallery

Why would Activision give out free copies to youtube whores and wannabe journalists when they know everyone is gonna buy it regardless of review scores?

i thought she was supposed to be hot? wtf is this trailer trash

prevent sales loss from early shit reviews look what happened to anthem

Attached: 1434432897002.jpg (224x225, 7K)

One need not justify what they do with their own property. You can say it's immoral, just like some people say being gay is immoral. But like the pirate, the fag doesn't have to justify his fagaciousness to anyone.

based

journo kikes are incentivized to stir the pot to get those clicks and get their $0.02 ad revenue jajajajajajajajajaj

THIS FUCK JOURNIES AND FUCK JANNIES TOO

Attached: 1541257386817.jpg (832x832, 111K)

>all the reviewers getting buttmad saying the game is bad because they didn't get an early copy
learn to code you filthy fucking niggers

Attached: Elvis Stitchly.gif (422x236, 1.79M)

RIP Pelit

>actual reviews
Nice

>Influencers
Why are the middlemen always snakes, weasels and self-important fucks? No matter what they're middlemen of, they always act parasitic.

>implying
I also never said anything about full indepth reviews. Reading comprehension helps, but I know niggers are a bit behind in that aspect when they graduate or drop out.
I just want to know if its fun, not super buggy, and if I'll enjoy it. I don't need to slurp up the cum of 15 reviewers and wait for their 15 second ads to play so I can know whether or not I should buy a game.
You sound very mad. How about a smoke break to take the edge off?

>with their own property
Pirating a game doesn't make it your property. You don't have to justify anything to me, you can't. Pirating is wrong.

Because they are discount producers and they know it.

fucking based
I wish there were no review copies for DMC,fuckers leak everything

>influencers
literally who?

>why don't some retards tell me what to think about a game!
>WHYYY

LOOKA BOMBA
youtube.com/watch?v=x8I0bR4N9Uw

Didn't they fly a buncha souls youtubers to play the game though youtubes got a lot of vids up now.

The computer is my property. Piracy is nothing more than changing a series of 1s and 0s on my computer. I have done nothing with anyone's property other than my own. The computer, with the 1s and 0s that take the form of a game inside it, absolutely is my property.

If I broke into someone ELSE'S computer and took the file. Ok. But I didn't. They sold the code to someone and they uploaded it.

You cannot own information. To say you can own information is incoherent, because ownership rights can only exist over scarce goods, because only scarce goods present potential conflicts between two people who want to use them. Information is infinite. There is no conflict between two people who want to sing the same song like there is between two people who want to drive the same car.

You can say piracy is wrong. Lots of people say anal sex is wrong. Your personal morals are kind of irrelevant here.

Attached: 1522628062692.png (951x1024, 79K)

Or it's because they don't want early spoilers. The progression of Bloodborne getting spoiled to you ruins some of the enjoyment of it.

At this point I have a lot of trust in From Soft to deliver something that I will enjoy playing.
>inb4 poorfags complaining about paying for rent.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-19 14-42-29.png (723x721, 406K)

It's an indicator it doesn't mean you have to take what they say as a fact. On Yea Forums when I see a lot of people praise a new movie that looks like a flat piece of garbage to me, a good indicator is to see what kind of people like it. If it´s rhe same crowd that worships drive and nu blade runner, I know to avoid it like the plague

I've filtered out everything devil may cry since the start of the week and been adding a few more filter words each day, i'm at 55 filters and i know nothing. I'm leaving now see you at party fags, woohee!

Attached: 1540679167846.jpg (877x1200, 684K)

there's so many twitter and youtube "journalists" these days that they probably give away more review copies than they sell retail copies.

And I even agree with you that piracy is wrong. Just like destroying your body with drugs is wrong or settling for a bad job or relationship is wrong. These are all wrong things to do. That doesn't mean they are crimes.

This is such an autistic point of view. You have no argument to refute that you and others IF you pirated this game, would take away from the potential sale if you and others had instead bought the game.
You are getting the product without paying. It doesn't matter that its data because its tangible to you, using the data.
>keeps going back to gay argument
Being gay is wrong too, says so in the bible.

This
and no bullshit DMC5 situation where the whole game gets leaked weeks before the release date

jewish kotaku writer loves politics and shit in vidya talk. who would have thought

If its just 1s and 0s then do it yourself and give me game for free you nigger. Just arrange them numbers and give me a good game.

Polygon plays Sekiro when?
youtube.com/watch?v=9yYp8ZeQ-I8

>tfw Call of Duty was published by Square Enix in Japan

Imagine seeing that cuphead or DOOM gameplay by those journalists and thinking "well that's disappointing, the controls in those games fucking suck. Guess I won't get it.".

>reviewer said game is fun, trust me it's fun, I play it for hours (only 6 hours) and records this review in a single day
>retarded user believes it because that's what retards do
>finds out it's not fun
>seething incoming
>opens boards.4channel.org/v/catalog
>REEEEEE on said website, saying (insert game) is shit
>spam 20 threads about it
>blames reviewer for bad review
>at the same time doesn't want reviewer to get early copy because his retarded ass can't fathom the idea that reviews takes time and his jealous ass cannot entertain the idea that someone gets to play with his toy a week early
>somehow I'm the one who's mad because I see the flaws in his retarded logic

>if I admit I'm a child molester and laugh at it that suddenly makes it okay

Do you actually have to label yourself based on your hobbies? Is your identity so tied into playing video games?

I bought some SMT games I emulated first. They were good games, it seemed only fair.

>MUH HARASMENT

Every fucking time. Every public figure has angry retards yelling at them, you arnt special.

From Software makes games for niche audiences. Games "journos" are virtue signalling faggots that like to talk about shit that is irrelevant to games and try to some how tie in the game they're reviewing in with some political shit happening in the world and how this game doesn't do that and that's why its not a good game.

It's meaningless drivel and does absolutely NOTHING to help a potential buyer understand whether they should purchase the game on the basis of it being fun for them or not. For that reason, there's no review copies going out. The people who need to get the ball rolling through word of mouth have been flown in, and the rest have been told "sorry, no review copies early."

It's not that Activision doesn't believe in Sekiro's success, as the entire Demon & Dark Souls series has been hugely successful. Armored Core is hugely successful. Even Bloodbourne and its DLC is greatly successful. However, all of them don't give a flying fuck about western political bullshit. They make games that are good games and consequently fun to play with a great deal of replayability.

There's no need to poison the well by handing out access to it, to people who are MORE likely to shit in the water for the village just cause that's what they got off on instead of doing their actual job, which is to test the water in the well and then return to the village and let them know whether its safe to drink or not.

Theres probably a bloodborne type twist they dont want spoiled

Aww those poor little youtubers whatever will the make clickbait about now?

Dragons instead of ayys

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

Sekiro is going to prove once and for all that Miyazaki is a hack-fraud and that Fromsoft is compromised of incompetent fools exploiting the same exact game for over a decade.

Do we at least know how the performance is on the PC version? The recommended specs seem good enough but I'd prefer to see a benchmark or something.

Attached: 1545987964528.jpg (550x758, 102K)

Faggot

After the DMCV fiasco it should be obvious why. The amount of leaks games get these days is absurd because of review copies.

Fromsoft made Sekiro so fucking hard that activison is on panic and dont want to journos make shit reviews just because thy cant beat it.

Attached: 1540299588323.gif (441x484, 599K)

>Activision

There is nothing on this earth that can make me pay them money.
If you do not feel the same way then your opinion is worthless and you are a detriment to the industry. Fuck you.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (550x550, 30K)

yah i just saw the final battle of the game and game will release after 5h. that would be so unacceptable for From game.

Watch any speedrun of any souls game, they literally run past everything except for bosses.

Cool defense for your shit polish and lack of effort in your cookie-cutter clone franchise.

The Souls series is a joke you beat once and never touch again to anyone that isn't an obsessed autistic weeb.
The hitbox meme exists for a reason.

I pay for good games, that's all there is to it.

>All these clueless retards talking shit about youtubers having to wait

If only the last two braincells you had could team up and come up with the idea to google "Sekiro preview".

They only got to play up to a certain point, that's the difference. If review copies were locked after the first 5 hours or whatever as well then they wouldn't be a problem either. They're trying to avoid leaks.

Haha

>saw EA hit gold by surprise releasing Apex
>saw that taking needy journalists and their shitty takes out of the picture was better for reception
>sending their product out to market to speak for itself
based. "Professional" reviewers won't get a chance to complain about nothing this way

Reminder that DeS got a lukewarm reception until it became a cult hit, fromsoft deserves better

Faggot

literally one of the only games that you have to start again right after you have finished it. souls games dont need any more high iq than silent hill or mgs games so you dont have to be that autist, of course if you are typical amerimutt that cant undertand any convoluted story telling it might seem that way.

very much this

Good! Don't need no fucking spoilers at the end of day. Sick of this shitass spoiler media fucks everywhere.

Good. Down with false reviewers (aka paid shills).

Bloodborne had the ending and almost entire game on youtube or mega etc almost a week before release. Almost same with Dark souls 3 and Nioh

>Yea Forums with any other game: "NO REVIEW COPIES? SHITITITIITITI"
>Yea Forums with Fromsoft: "No review copies? Quite based i may say, i hate the review copy journo culture yes quite based"

100 souls have been deposited to your account

No fucking shit, that’s because from has already proven that they can make good games. Otherwise it’d be a red flag.

Only people who get free shit out of devs give a shit about "reviewers" getting shit early or free.

Did anyone notice in any of the gameplay videos if there's external parry in Sekiro? I.e. if you're getting attacked from behind while locked on another target, can you tap the block button and parry the attacker behind you?

Attached: ForHonor1.jpg (1920x1080, 641K)

Unironically based. Fuck propagandists, God bless new media.

Attached: 1551972374032m.jpg (768x1024, 68K)

does this game have iframes?

>This faggot gets paid for this
You know what, maybe they're right. Maybe capitalism was a mistake after all.

People actually expect different shit from different companies? How horrible!

>Disney tried that in movies and banned some critics from early screenings and it backfired massively.
It didn't. That story was about higher-ups banning LA Times from movie screenings for digging into their legislative abuses in Annesburg and getting caught. No one cares about countless YT reviewers that have a far wider reach than any of those newspapers getting disinvited from future review vacations if they give a negative review to one product, which happens pretty much everytime one of them has the integrity to criticize something with honesty.

Truth. As if the mainstream would even care about the reviews of this game desu. If it's good, they buy it.

Anyone actually into gaming looks more to user scores anyways.

I'm honestly kinda happy. Since DMC V got spoiled to death and From has been knocking out stellar games. Makes me think they're just trying to keep story/gameplay secrets. Plus no "micro"transaction bullshit. Feeling pretty confident with this one.

Attached: 104a800205ca79f0f7375c7c0e0e8ed4.jpg (236x353, 15K)

even the normals would agree to this statement.

Attached: 1546563414257.jpg (500x549, 41K)

This game is gonna be so fucking awesome. Jesus Christ the previews have got me hype as fuck now and my expectations were low.

>From recruits all the best and most reknown soulsborne players to play demo
>They all get their shit pushed in by the ogre

Ahh this game is gonna be great

unironically true and based

Its gonna be like every souls game. Get fucked until you get used to combat and then it becomes easy as hell

Baseado y redpillado

I hope this is the reason and more companies follow the same, 2h of free gameplay on steam and some minutes of twitch if I don't fell like testing for myself tells way more than any Jason (((Schreier))) jewish/faggot/sjw opinion

Even that fucking angry beaner joe is giving some retarded opinions lately (aka niggerfield 5)

If a company has confidence in its game, you can bet your ass they’ll allow early reviews. This is Activision we’re talking about

>influencers
lmao do you kiss your wife's boyfriend with that mouth

>edgy lynch mobs
Oh we are talking about Resetera now?

Awesome. Game Journos wouldnt even be able to play it anyway

Attached: 1547861641226.jpg (310x383, 29K)

Nobody said that retard. Not giving these parasites a copy is based you illiterate esl nigger.

this is why releasing on PC is wrong

THIS

lol? We already know the game is god tier, did you live under a rock recently and completely miss the 3-5 hours of footage they released yesterday?

This is good for me. Less chance of spoilers. I also think gaming guides should be delayed like 6 months after release, as well as games not be released on (((PC))) so no data mining. There's no sense of adventure and discovery when everything is available day one. Sure you can not look them up but it's so easy to accidentally come across something online someone posted these days that you haven't seen yet.

Making sure to screencap all these threads for the eventual 95+ score that sekiro will get :)

How is Anthem comparable? Anthem was made by a talentless company like Bioware, while Sekiro is by FromSoft

lol
Your falseflagging is getting real desperate.
No review copies is a good thing.

>The only relevant and worthwhile reviews always come out minimum a month after release.
Which are pointless as all the damage as been done already
A majority of a games sales are within it's first few weeks of release. 1 month later? Topkek.
You aren't buying a game one month after release anyway. It's release day or 6+ months later once it's on sale

If you watched recent gameplay footage of it you'd know it runs nothing like any Souls game ever

>no big changes
nigger literally the ENTIRE combat is different. There is no stamina, there is vertical movement, there is a FIXED difficulty that you cant cheese your way around with leveling like in old souls games

Month only has 4 weeks you demented faggot

Sales of almost all titles drop massively by week 4 mate.

i only watch wab reviews, they are pretty honest.

All this samefagging by one desperate troll. No one gives a fuck about no review copies, we've already seen enough to know the game is god tier as fuck.

Why do people like you keep lying for months even though you've been disproven thousands of times by now? Isn't it a bit pathetic?

Retard, that is every game ever made in history.

Fromdrone here, this thread is hilarious and reminds me of the "Bloodborne will bomb" threads back in the days. 15 days left until i will laugh at all of you

Activision actually did a based thing?

>give extensive playtime and video footage to souls content creators

>dont give anything to basedreviewers

Its almost like they know their audience. No further proof needed that activision is good at marketing, even if they're shit at everything else

amen

user IGN has footage
So, no, they didn't give it specifically to souls creators

Can't wait to pirate it

because people here don't like people liking things

stop watching trailers hon,
going in blind is the way to go