Katana only

>Katana only
>So they dont have to gimp bosses for memehammer autists
>This will make bosses fast paced in the late game who leave less openings thus providing challenging fights
>Yea Forums is mad about this
Why?

Attached: 1549636891535.png (458x438, 488K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jX7C7s12-iM
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-K-dvCGYlU&list=PLq9z3GmD3R9Mg4fYYMdz8BjlyF6HnA3E5&index=25
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carracks_black_sword
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because Yea Forums likes easy games.

FUCK YOU HAMMER IS BEST

Because the game will still be easy, thus rendering all the loss of options for the sake of tightness pointless

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bastard Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.

Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.

Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Katanas are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Katanas:

(One-Handed Exotic Weapon)
1d12 Damage
19-20 x4 Crit
+2 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

(Two-Handed Exotic Weapon)
2d10 Damage
17-20 x4 Crit
+5 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Katanas in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Katanas need to do more damage in d20, see my new stat block.

Damn, that's a blast from the past.

It never fails.

Attached: 1547819594605.jpg (246x397, 17K)

Non-shit companies could create enjoyable bossfights without taking away from weapon variety.

From Software has become a tedious one trick pony under Miyazaki. He ruined the company.

Difficulty isn't the only thing that matters in a game and neither is how fast it is. Freedom of choice for how you want to play is ultimately what gives a game replay value and depth.

No they can't. Not without enemies favoring certain weapons massively over others (as is the case with Monster Hunter), or making them so trivial that weapon choice doesn't matter at all (see any western action game).

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.

>pander to everyone!
Hmm yeah they should follow EA and Activision and cast a wide net for everyone. I hope there is a skip boss battle button.
Dmcfag here btw.

I mean, Ill probably play it, but I am not a fan at all of the lack of playstyle diversity for different runs. Seems like Im going to play through it twice and then never touch it again.

Also a nitpick I have, the kill animations. They are the same animation with every kill and only change when its a boss enemy. That shit is going to get repetitive fast, they shouldve added a whole heap like in Tenchu.

Choice is a meme since half the choices just end up being garbage anyway.

They’ve been doing this since Kings Field you soulsfag. I for one welcome the new From Software jank and the mass exodus from all the soulsbabies when it releases.

Why the fuck did they have to make another Tenchu when the same fucking dev's were responsible for THIS fucking Kino to rip off instead

Attached: otogi.jpg (189x267, 16K)

>Hmm yeah they should follow EA and Activision
They already do follow Activision

From have proven themselves to be competent even if you don't care much for Souls or Bloodborne
Ironic you say that given how much people are crying about Sekiro because it's a new game

Yeah man we should just turn the entire game into a big QTE sequence, freedom is overrated

Should i pre-order it? I have an itch for a new souls game and none of the souls copycats are good.

The point is the learning process of finding out which choices are good and which are bad.

Because people are retarded and like the terrible tacked-on shit like PvP and RPG mechanics. The more footage of the game I see, the better it looks. All the old games were just about standing around and fucking mashing r1, but this actually looks fun. Regular fucking dudes flying through the fucking air like goddamn anime bosses and zipping behind you look nuts.

Look some information and footage and decide for yourself

Not giving an illusion of player choice doesn't mean taking away gameplay you retard. I just prefer replayability through a high skill ceiling, not artificial variety through "choice" when all it comes down to is knowing what not to use.

took out almost all the souls mechanics so probably no

Sure, if you think Sekiro is a souls game which its not, meaning you wouldn't even know what a Souls game ia anyway

You still have that aspect with the various prosthetic tools

>All the old games were just about standing around and fucking mashing r1
And this is about parrying until the enemy is open and then mashing R1. Big difference.

This.
You won't be able to mash dodge or mash r1 like a retard.

who else /exploration > boss fights/ here?

Attached: 1544959925207.jpg (750x999, 66K)

Except you don't because the prosthetics are more of a puzzle element where you just use the right prosthetic to target an enemy's weakness rather than something naturally integrated into the game with some of them being deliberately better than others.

Yes. One requires a brain in your head.

>Regular fucking dudes flying through the fucking air like goddamn anime bosses and zipping behind you look nuts.
The old games were meant to feel like solo D&D, you're just an animefag

the skill tree looks like you might get something more to play with

The reality is gamers are dumb as fuck and don't actually know what they want.

>exploration
this is the worst meme in gaming and it literally kills games.
>i just wanna explore!!
is peak autism

This pasta must have been folded a million times.

How is that not a process of "finding out which choices are good and which are bad"?

people are annoyed that you have to play as some shitty template looking non-character in a world where even mario and zelda allow you to find something interesting to customize your game with. >i-it's an action game!!!!!!!!!!!
usually action games have interesting character designs and an interesting story.
>you don't know that, you haven't played it!
it's fucking miyazaki, get a clue

Attached: templatecharacter.png (851x693, 706K)

Unless you're doing some purposefully weird builds the past games were the same in that regard

Who gives a fuck if the gameplay is better?

>video game
>replay value
never happens.

New armored core when?

>high skill ceiling
>a Miyazaki game

The special moves will either be useless, or there will be one overpowered special move that you spam while ignoring everything else.

soon brother

Attached: 1500935066643.jpg (888x666, 307K)

after this game, if it sells
they're gauging interest for non-souls games

Because there's no subtlety to it. You just learn the obvious weakness and counter it. There's no process of learning and experimentation where you figure out how much you can get out of all of your tools, and consequently which should become your bread and butter and which are to be discarded.

It's just an incredibly cheap way to add "variety" instead of actual depth.

I love From boss fights but the exploration is really the nuts and bolts of these games imo. Opening shortcuts, finding cool hidden shit because you paid attention to your surroundings, venturing into the unknown and wondering what's round that corner waiting to fuck your shit up... it's the best.

Attached: Shark_Giant_Jiggling_Jaws_C.jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

But the story and world seem interesting and the main character looks cool. The setup of going against this clan with mental powers to retrieve your Lord is cool. Revenge tales are fucking sweet, especially when you're tearing down big boys with an increasing arsenal of neat abilities.

>worst meme in gaming
>literally the main strength of dark souls 1

I think we have different understandings of exploration here. I'm mainly talking about how the souls series shifted from being focused on the levels to being focused on the bosses

I like them both equally. I will say however that the lopping round to the bonfire in Undead Parish via the ladder is when I fell in love with DaS, but some of my fondest memories overall are finally learning how to topple a tough boss.

I'm with you, it's the difference between Classic WoW and Retail WoW, or in other words, the difference between boomers and zoomers

Not really, there was a distinction in usefulness between weapons, and it was just up to you to learn the game's systems and figure out what works well and what doesn't. There wasn't just a boss that was arbitrarily weak to ultra greatswords just to try and force them to be a viable choice.

This game's combat isn't even good, if you want real katana combat try dmc 4 se vergil or 2b in nier automata

Automata is stupidly limited, Sekiro unironically has more options in combat than that game does

Attached: 1548994426416.jpg (300x300, 24K)

No, but I also never felt like I needed to change my weapon to help with a boss.

Because everything else is worse? Also, the quality of gameplay is not dictated by how many flips an enemy does you underage.

Automata's combat is wasted on the shitty enemies

>It really makes you FEEL like you're japanese
kys

It's a difference between:
>building your own playstyle and learning it's strengths and weaknesses
vs
>you have all the tools for this boss, find out which one to use!

Exactly. Sekiro meanwhile basically goes the Megaman route with its prosthetics. And you can even change your prosthetics mid combat, so there's never a need to figure out which might work best as a bread and butter if you're not sure what you're going to be going up against. Just zero thought needed at all.

Still can't top this:

youtube.com/watch?v=jX7C7s12-iM

That is masterful use of the katana. Beautiful. Sekiro can't even touch that.

>westerners can't stop making games about muh medieval yurop
>nips can't stop making games about muh samurai japan

god fucking dammit I just want a souls tier fighting/action game where it's a completely different and unusual setting, they kinda did it with bloodborne but that's only half a game if you don't count the awful chalice dungeons

So how does the combat actually work? Is it like parry town, hack'n'slash, do you get multiple moves or just a specific kit of moves? How viable is stealth? I don't have the time to trudge through gameplay videos unfortunately

Attached: 1423403563705.png (498x323, 16K)

It's preparation vs reaction

We could have got a cyberpunk action game but cdpr fucked up and made it a shitty fps instead

Attached: cyberpunk-2077-4-100761187-orig.jpg (1920x1080, 435K)

Sekiro looks like it will be a good game but the anti-choice, anti-gameplay diversity retards are setiously pissing me off. Just because you played Souls with the same boring straight sword build every time it doesn't mean different weapons didn't function distinctly differently.

Attached: DxATrklXgAUjr7x.jpg (600x900, 82K)

Attached: 1551899168815.png (1856x338, 210K)

you only get a katana with a limited moveset of around 2 combos and you mash them nonstop which is why this game is gonna

why does the game seem like it might be shit? Is it because I am not Japanese I can't get with the style? Like will the story be any good at all? The gameplay looks like it will get old fast without variety in weapons or spells. And if it ends up being as short of a game as all the other souls are without any replay value... It isn't worth the money. I really want to support FROM but I currently can't see spending full price on this. I don't see how the story could be interesting at all. Bloodborne is sold on its setting this game doesn't seem like it has anything going for it.

the difference between (THING I LIKE) and (THING I DON'T LIKE)

Wrong, moron. Before From Soft did all kinds of shit apart from King's Field. Remember Armored Core? And all the various other one shot games that were made in-between that were wildly different from each other? Even Eternal Ring, Shadow Tower (Abyss) and King's Field are vastly different from each other despite being FPP dungeon crawlers. Btu no, you didn't know this, because you're a zoomer.

reminder that katanas were inferior to all european and meso american weapons, and a katana was a brittle pos that would break and thus was never used in combat except by women desperate to avoid getting raped by old men(since young men could easily snap katana blades in half with their bare hands)

if your shit you can use different weapons for different bosses. real men use their planned build for the whole game

L1 is your block button, pressing it at just the right time does a parry that puts you at a net positive in posture
R1 is your attack button, your basic combo is 5 hits, you can modify reach of those moves by holding R1 instead to turn it into a slower but heavier attack, basically replacing R2 from Souls but with more variety
R2 is now for prosthetics, special moves that consume a resource, you can also combo into these prosthetics and all of them allow you to do special katana attacks out of them as well
You can also equip up to 3 Combat Arts at a time, which are a typical action game special moves

This. Feudal Japan is a very very boring setting, that only Japanese are interested in. Even weeaboos hate Feudal Japan, because Feudal Japan doesn't have all the anime shit they love so much. It's a shit setting. Just people with weird faces in funny looking pajamas and robes fighting with brittle crappy swords and yelling a lot about their honor.

>facefuck cleric beast
>regen health while still facefucking cleric beast
>press Circle to invincible
People only find BB hard because they keep making the obvious wrong choices like dummies

Based and Middle Kingdompilled.

god what an awful control scheme, who uses fucking shoulder buttons for attacks and not the face buttons? This shit sounds like a racing game.

>build your game around immersion in a vast world full of new experiences
>boil down the game to 5% of itself
>zoomers think this is good game design

A girl is a young female, usually human, usually a child or an adolescent. When she becomes an adult, she is described as a woman. The term girl may also be used to mean a young woman, and is sometimes used as a synonym for daughter. Wikipedia

Actually I don't give a shit about "building your own playstyle" because that's just marketer talk. I just want more depth to your choices when it comes to how you approach combat, and more of a challenge to learning the optimal strategies rather than glorified Zelda bosses.

>who uses fucking shoulder buttons for attacks and not the face buttons
like, the whole souls saga, including bloodborne lol

what rock have you been living under lad, that's just fighting games. action games use the shoulders

Because the face buttons are used for dodging, jumping and using items.

It's actually a really great control scheme since you have quick access to everything at any time.

>gameplay revolves around 3 fucking buttons
Yes sir, this is the game for me!

Attached: 012740712948.jpg (225x258, 19K)

It's almost as if both of those settings have a developed and culturally deeply ingrained mythologies that are important for those societies.

I like DMC as much as the next guy, but I like the flow and weight of combat in From's games. I think that makes up for the lesser mechanical depth

Souls fags are the worst fan base. They should have just stopped at Demons Souls. All they’ve done since then is fucked with the formula to try and appease dumb man babies who’s only accomplishment is finishing a game that people have decided is “hard.”

This is more posing than swordfighting.

So "equip black knight halberd and win" or "buff fast weapon and win" are better in your opinion?

Enemies and bosses stand around and don't do anything, enemies and bosses have no mobility, enemies and bosses have few attacks, etc.
On top of this, DMC has crappy levels, music, atmosphere, etc. Why would I play it?

It's both actually.

Demon's Souls was the easiest of them all though.

Attached: 1541375071709m.jpg (819x1024, 136K)

Those are just your main buttons for attacking and defending, you can also dodge, jump, enemy step is in the game, you can vault over enemies, step on their swords, use your grappling hook to move around...

Thanks i'm tired of juvenile men calling girls all the time like if they hadn't grown up. A bad offender as well is male/female, how did this wording get so popular?

It doesn't tell you what uses there are, so the subtlety is out the window. You trying different tools is a process of experimentation.
Finally, the old games didn't have much depth because mashing R1 was the optimal gameplan for basically every enemy. All the processes you're talking about are grossly exaggerated.

vergil can't deflect like sekiro though, sword clashing is the best shit

Attached: 42145502772_631c3c01de_b.jpg (1024x576, 158K)

Yeah, because those are powerful strategies placed in the game for players to discover via experimentation, or even just things that were accidentally stronger than expected. The developers aren't shoving the solution to every encounter in your face, you're left to your own devices to figure out the best strategies.

How is this so difficult to grasp for you?

>L1 is your block button, pressing it at just the right time does a parry that puts you at a net positive in posture
If the block is not limited that seems like something easily abusable. In Nioh you could just attempt Backwave + Tempest over and over with the sword because failing it by blocking too early was still safe to do because of the block itself, whereas an actually parry like Haze or Water Shadow removed your block.

Fuck off already you disgusting stalker

In these games, enemies and bosses have always been the stars of the show. The player character has always been a boring nothing. Part of the reason BB is widely considered the best in the series is because the enemies.

maybe you just shouldnt be an autist

do people actually think this gay anime shit looks good? wtf.

if you block you lose posture and also get put in a fuckton of blockstun, it's not like nioh where you can block and you recover your ki super quick

And you prove my point by only focusing on the difficulty. Shit one trick fanbase.

Maybe if they call women "girls" they shouldn't call themselves men but boys instead.

Attached: ThirstyRealGrubsize_restricted.gif (336x252, 770K)

If there is no challenge in a combat-centered game there is no reason to use any of the finer combat mechanics, ergo threre is nothing to the game.

This board is absolutely bad at souls games. I am convinced for life by the shit i saw in dark souls threads throughout the years, the things people got stuck on, the cheeses that you would you only use if you were iredeemably bad, the retarded arguments etc.

Now that a game comes out that leaves even less possibility for an easy run (deaths affect the world, cant summon, cant use op weapons), they pretend to be mad that they dont have "variety" and multiplayer. Yeah, you probably wont have darkwraith 1h sword, das2 prenerf miracles, and 3 phantoms with you. I never summoned for help in my entire life, and I fully agree with the game's direction.

Damn, im so fucking hyped. Good, fun shit won't be nerfed for the sake of pvp, i wont have to deal with maduroxxxsasukethedeathkatana who invades from brazil with 300 ping, and i get to see casualshits complain for the rest of the year. Sign me the fuck up

>doesn't mention nioh
As expected from a spectacle fighter zoomer.

It's the same as a Just Guard system, so it won't be abusable really, especially if you have a posture meter that can be blown by guarding.
Like any just guard system, you will effectively put yourself in the blender if you overextend

Failing a parry means you take significant posture damage from harder enemies and once your posture is broken you're open to get your shit rocked, and unlike Souls or Nioh, parries don't stop the opponent or do an automatic counterattack or anything, it's just a stronger defense. It simply minimizes the amount of posture damage you take and does some posture damage to the enemy in return.

Nioh just devolves into build autism where you one shot everything

Two big problems
>only one weapon
>japanese setting

The game will have no replay value at all, and if Nioh was anything to go by the settings and enemies will be dreadfully repetitive because MUH JAPANESE CULTUURU EVERY LEVEL IS FIGHTING RED-HORNED MASKED DEMONS AND 500 SAMURAI UNDER CHERRY BLOSSOMS OH AND A FOX XDDD

Nioh was a mechanically solid game but it was shit compared to souls. Souls is a simple system put into interesting worlds. Sekiro will be an even simpler system put in a boring world.

>You can also equip up to 3 Combat Arts at a time, which are a typical action game special moves
You can equip more than 1 combat art?

Attached: 1532685808024.jpg (1613x876, 455K)

based

And worse than that, the build autism undermines the combat system entirely via effects that buff specific special moves, turning the game into spamming a single special move and nothing else.

>only one combat art
Well that already ruins the game, this will kill any potential variety the combat might have because you'll just have the obviously overpowered combat art equipped all the time and never switch.

Reminder to never use sloth so you can experience Nioh in its true form

You can change them mid combat in the pause menu. Not ideal since it breaks up the flow of combat, but eh.

The game stops time and you can switch them at any moment, they also seem to be situational.
Don't project your own retardation on other people

No it's because it's PS4 exclusive, so the small deviations from the other games get shitposted positively to death. Like the supposed depth of trick weapons for example, where people say it's two weapon movesets in one, even though you can't two-hand your weapon in BB so you just end up with a similar amount of moves as the other Souls games.

>sloth
Is useless on higher difficulties, where the game actually shines.

There's two that have been shown and performed on video with at least 3 more to unlock that I saw. Stop falseflagging you dumb cunt.

No, Nioh is garbage after way of the wise

>they also seem to be situational.
People always say this and every time without fail, one of them ends up being broken as fuck.

>the finer combat mechanics of spamming rolls and spamming R1

>Katanas only

Attached: 1a.webm (800x450, 2.9M)

maybe you could do it in your own souls clone and show us all how it's done. in the meantime we'll all remember that it's not a coincidence bloodborne has the best bosses with the least weapon variety

Why would the two movesets require two handing the weapon? Also, plenty of trick weapons do have one and two handed movesets. Finally, it's better because of best-in-series enemies, atmosphere, music, narrative, combat, and level design.

You can switch combat arts at any time.

based

That’s not the whole thing is it? Remember it being longer

>retard playing like Souls gets shit pushed in
Looking forward to more gameplay like this

Imagine thinking that From games are hard. Imagine not believing that you're falling straight for their marketing.

Even accounting for that, Bloodborne weapons have transform attacks, two handed weapons have a fourth attack button with L2, your combo strings are longer, and you have a larger variety in dash attacks and such.

I have it preordered on gmg

Attached: 1551320112306.png (2000x2000, 1.21M)

Lol this game is all about mashing parry and r1 (the only attack button)

No stamina faggots

>1d12 Damage
>19-20 x4 Crit

am i retarded? how can you get 19-20 on a 1d12?

Attached: 1532275872489.jpg (574x429, 30K)

Only Namco ever marketed these games as hard. Demon's and Bloodborne and Sekiro aren't marketed as hard.

Yea Forums is full of dumb shits that can't get over the fact that this is NOT a souls game.

That just gets you killed though since every enemy has like 5 dragon punches and you can only take like 3 hits.

Fuck Sekiro and fuck Miyahacki

Attached: 180px-Male_hand_closeup.jpg (180x253, 9K)

Attack rolls determine whether you hit/crit or miss
Damage rolls determine how much damage you do

>Why would the two movesets require two handing the weapon? Also, plenty of trick weapons do have one and two handed movesets.
>Kirkhammer
>one handed straight sword
>can use gun, therefore the parry just like one-handing in Souls games
>two handed great hammer
>can't use the gun, therefore can't use the parry just like the two handing in Souls games
>there's no two handing the sword or one handing the great hammer with the gun
There's not that much extra depth added there. Even weapons like the Tonitrus is just a lightning buff.

no summons or cheese builds to save the zoomers. theyre fucked.

Attached: 1410335073044.gif (500x281, 805K)

1 = 19
2-20 = 20 it's perfectly balanced, like a Katana.

You roll a d20 to see if you hit, then the damage dice to see how much damage you do. D&D is a wonderful, beautiful, clusterfuck.

holy fucking shit

What an awful player, dodging backward when the enemy does a stab

I really want to enjoy this game, but I can't put my trust on this, gonna pirate it.

Attached: 1551451618884.jpg (318x405, 15K)

There is not a single boss in BB that benefits at all from the quality of the weapon movesets, you could still just spam dodge and spam R1 with the saw cleaver and win. So yes it is a coincidence and your logic is all retarded.

What is the point of all this greentext? To signify that you can't parry with a two handed weapon? Because boy do I have news for you: augur parries.
Also, there is a variety from shit like Saw Cleaver being basic as fuck and two very similar weapons, Cane being two completely different weapons, Tonitrus just being a buff, Boomerhammer being a charge weapon, Kirk and Axe being 1 and 2-handed, Bloodletter and Chikage being self-harm weapons, Augur and Claws having special movement options, etc.

You did NOT just say Vergil's moveset with the Yamato is mere "posing". He is using skilled acts from the Iado school of katana fighting. I see videos of Sekiro, not once did I see Judgement Cut, a staple of katana combat.

>Bloodborne and Sekiro aren't marketed as hard.
That's quite the selective memory you have here.

>)
>Enemies and bosses stand around and don't do anything, enemies and bosses have no mobility, enemies and bosses have few attacks, etc.

Sounds like a souls game...

Not him, but it feels like Sekiro isn't being marketed at all.

Enemies attack a lot more in Souls than they do in DMC. In DMC they literally turn off if you're not looking at them.

Judgement cut and Vergil are actually low-skill Katana play

I enjoyed it for the way the story is gained through insight and item descriptions, the way that it plays like an old school game like castlevania but modernised, the use of proper dark fantasy. Interesting bosses like Garl Vinland/Maiden Astraya.

But no you’re right, the combat is the only bit that matters right.

>To signify that you can't parry with a two handed weapon? Because boy do I have news for you: augur parries.
No it's to show that what people perceive as extra movesets is just the same thing as other Souls games but with sprinkles on it, they share similar purpose and function.

wow this game has awful hitboxes

Even your example of the Cane is what I'm talking about, because it's not 2 weapons, there is no two stances for the cane or whip form, it's just that they took the one handed moveset of one weapons and the two handed moveset of another weapon.

Those sprinkles are quite nice because the games have been moving towards improving offense for a while now, which is the combat's biggest weakness.

no you just don't have i-frames that lasts centuries

Please show me the hard marketing for these games.

You probably don't own the right games then because a lot of videogames have replay value like:
>Divinity: Original Sin 2
>Dragon's Dogma
>TES:V Oldrim
>Dark Souls games obv
This is from the top of my head

Who are you quoting buddy.

This would be a halfway decent argument if the old games you didn't trickle down to spamming a single move in one stance and doing anything else was a literal self-handicap.

LMAO NO. There is a skill tree with different moves also your arm adds vareity.

make way for the superior samurai game made by from
okay they only published it but still

Attached: tenchuz.jpg (800x1148, 255K)

This game was shit. Just rolling around on the floor and stabbing people

>he doesn't like gay anime shit
The fuck is wrong with you, son?

I get that there wasn't enough iron ore in japland but to be honest katanas should never have been made, it's like a bad design, a defect. A blade that thin is bound to break

That's literally every action game ever made.

It's so easy to spot an idiot who has never actually played one spouting things he has no clue about

Western warriors in a japanese setting
Anyone else loves seeing this?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

Did he pass the controller to someone less retarded after he died? After the first death he finally noticed he needed to strike him to actually stand a chance

There's a boss who wields lighting, you will probably need to gain lighting powers to get past this dude.

Attached: 1540643035440.jpg (770x2167, 350K)

i'd rather the game come out on it's own merits then on the heels of an overblown marketing campaign.

It's honestly underrated. In many ways it feels like playing as the germans during WW2, being the underdog and still fighting toe to toe against the whole world.

>best character is the gaijin samurai

nioh was based

Where did this entire misconception of the katana being this perfect blade that can slice through diamonds come from?

Attached: 1510707801577.gif (515x404, 1.26M)

Dark Souls is one of my favorite games and always thought the RPG elements where a downside. While I do wish it had some sort of gear, for the sake of cosmetics at least, I do think this is a good idea. Though you don't really need to be an RPG to have gear and different weapons. Games like Bayonetta don't need RPG elements to have broken weapons.
But I guess I'll have to see. I'm somehow not feeling Sekiro

How much did Bloodborne get marketed?
I feel like Namco Bandai just shat massive amounts Dark Souls 2 and 3 marketing everywhere

I mean, dmc and ng managed to make fun encounters even with many different weapons.

but I guess fromsoft isnt in that league.

I think the different bosses, enemies and prosthetic tools will give combat enough variety. I have faith (mostly because I'm glad they're finally done with Souls).

Anime.
More specifically, autists who can't tell the difference between cartoons and reality.

Everything you see about Sekiro on the internet is marketing effort. They don't push it through normie media because it would not reach the target audience as effectively. The Youtubers / Twitchfags who got the preview are their marketing to generate interest and then word of mouth. We as in people who discuss the game on sites like Yea Forums and Reddit are also a large part of said marketing.

Attached: Dys0gSOU0AE9uFx.jpg (2048x1536, 524K)

Dude if you love Dark Souls then you are pretty much guaranteed to at least enjoy Sekiro. It's gonna be fucking awesome anyways and you know it.

Stretching an idea as far as it can go isn't inherently a bad thing. The katana is also being supplemented by the prosthetic arm abilities

>IT'S NOT A SOULS GAME
>plays exactly like Souls
>BUT YOU CAN STEALTH, AND THEIRS NO STATS!
Are you niggas retarded?

It's a generic Souls rehash without all the good stuff.

It's the from fanbase, what did you expect

>plays exactly like Souls
Damn I wish Souls had this much fluidity in movement. Also the flow of combat is different with filling up posture being the key thing.

I just want to explore to be honest. Sad there's no character creator but meh

>I just want to explore to be honest.
autstic reddit dads need to fuck off already

>no stamina
>no equipment
>no corpse run
>no summons
>can't roll because it has shit i-frames

right

From's character creator was always really terrible and limited though.

It seems like exploration is highly encouraged

When has Yea Forums ever been right about anything?

Fuck off fag DS1 and bloodborne had great exploration
That's great to hear
I just want to make the most edgy character I can

Don't give a shit about character creators, do wish there were different armors, even if only cosmetic

Every anime ever. Japanese people love praising their overpriced fruit knife. Such a thin blade is bound to break, it's like a failed project

2-handing just doesn't compare to trick weapons, it barely changes the moveset 99% of the time and isn't as drastick as transforming

I dont have anything against using one weapon, but I dont like ops argument for that.

>New mechanics
Literally just Nioh's Stamina system innovated further. Still limits your blocks like in Souls and by BB and DS3 you basically had infinite stamina anyways.
>No stamina
Posture is literally just a inovative stamina system.
>No equipment
So builds defined Souls gameplay?
>Corpse run
Don't change a thing about the core gameplay
>Summons
>Online
>Releavant
>Roll frames
DS2

Changing a couple mechanics here and there don't make it a different type of game entirely . This shit is just ninjaSouls through and through. It's as much of a Souls clone as Bloodborne but with better innovations to the existing systems so it feels fresh. Where as Bloodborne was just new paint job on the same car, Sekiro is a new paint job with some body work and few tweaks to the engine.

It was the weapon of the honorabu samurai, so it is iconic. Doesn't really matter if the sword was good or not, just that people associate it with samurai and feudalistic japan, just like how the single action army revolver is synonymous with the wild west.

Isn't that the fucking problem? What's the point in making tons of weapons if they're all going to be r1 spam?

Half the choices being garbage is what makes them choices. There is a right and a wrong.

Heads up fps games can also be action games.

I've played all the DMCs and Bayo 1. The only game that changed it up was NG

10000% this.

Not him, but examples?

How much of this was actual Naruto shit? Could Madura 'defeat' a character like Gold Experience Requiem?

Shoulder buttons allow you to move the camera you absolute retard.

Is shadow clones jutsu in?

Attached: A044F919-73DE-4A9C-909F-B3E554CAA667.jpg (400x533, 25K)

>usually action games have interesting character designs and an interesting story.

Really? I can't think of any action games with an interesting story other than Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Maybe NMH but that's pushing it.

Let me get this straight. Most of the 'upset' posts here are made up for the sake of upset right? It's either that or people that genuinely dislike the look of it but have zero experience with videogames so they can't word their own personal taste well enough.
Either way it's a good thing no one will listen.

_no

Attached: 1541927967707.gif (270x168, 772K)

shit taste

anyone know if the game is on discount anywhere? i know cdkeys has it for like $54

Attached: 1500252845148.jpg (653x558, 99K)

So is Sekiro a manlet? What is the reason for everyone being so big? They cant really blame it on hollowing this tima around

>virgin ninja vs. chad knight

Not really upset but there are some things which disappoint me. I'm still getting the game

Whatever shit Ashina is doing is also making roosters, lizards and beetles xbox huge

Whenever I see a guy use LHB or Kirkhammer in Bloodborne, I actually puke in my mouth a little bit.

>souls babbies wont be able to cheese the game summoning friends
>reviewers will score it low cause they cant beat the first boss
this will be kino

It looks like it's going to be very different but entertaining nonetheless.

I'm still very disappointed there's no different armors and primary weapons though. Or online play even if it was just leaving messages for other players.

it's a small part of his abilities from Naruto and no he couldn't GER is bullshit

You know... /k/ here. Katanas have thicker blades than European swords... They're easier to use because their thicker blades are less likely to roll upon contact... European swords require more practice to use compared to a Katana due to this reason. The thinner the blade, the easier it is to roll a blade due to improper edge alignment upon contact.

If the katana represents the soul of the noble samurais of course its indestructible, pure and can slice through everything

Dont let reality get in the way of a good idea (the reality that samurais were nothing but a militarized police that preyed on unarmed farmers and the katana themselves were brittle toys unfit for real combat)

Sorry that you're a tasteless pleb.

Equipped the best armor with 70% equip weight and best weapon a guide told me to pick. Why would I care what an armor looks like when its sole purpose is to add more defense?

I wish there were more mystical Asian games
>that ost
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-K-dvCGYlU&list=PLq9z3GmD3R9Mg4fYYMdz8BjlyF6HnA3E5&index=25

Whatever floats your boat user, but you won't even get to do that since there's no different armor at all in Sekiro.

Only for a few enemies

S E K I N O
E
K
I
N
O

someone needs to make asamurai character thatcarries a quiver of katanas
he swings is so hard the shit blade shatters and embeds his enemies with metal shards and he just pulls out another sword for each swing

The only thing im mad about is that id probably be way more interested in this if DMC5 wasnt completely dwarfing it

Then again it has led to me barely seeing/ following any of the newest videos or info dumps about the game and will probably lead to a much more pure experience when I finally do end up buying it

Post your fucking face when Time Travel

Attached: 1514801714758.jpg (425x435, 24K)

also with armor they will have to compensate for different speed dodges and gimp bosses for that.

Except that the katana was effective at what it was intended to do, it was just brittle as a result

Its like a razor compared to a proper kitchen knife, one of them slices and snaps far easier but one is an actually substantial hunk of steel with a less sharp edge but far more general utility and dependability

Wow, I haven’t seen this in years.

BB didn't gimp any bosses for slow heavy weapons, especially the really combo spammy ones like Pnumerian Descendant, Hotdog and the 3 Undead Giant variants.

I got DMC5 and will pirate this.
If they had online/COOP/PvP and proper souls weapon/spell/fashion variety + character creation, I would probably have done the other way around.

If it turns out decent with a good amount of bosses and areas (hopefully 20+) then I'll buy it later, maybe on a sale.
If it's some barebones 5 hour game then fuck that. Also fuck Activision.

>take away features
>"Fans" defend game

I'm not sure if you're all shills or brainwashed. Either way, my excitement for this game is dropping daily. At least bloodborne exists.

everyone weapon has a slow charged attack so in a way every boss is designed to have some opening for a slow swing

It's not really a time travel, he meditates on his past.
Though the theme of memories does seem to be important.

Felt the same exact same way with Bloodborne and it quickly became my favorite in the series. They do well with new IPs, whose to say they this trend won't continue with Sekiro.

>game is the same
>WOW [COMPANY] JUST RELEASING THE SAME GAME AND FANS EAT IT UP
>game is different
>WOW [COMPANY] JUST REMOVE FEATURES AND FANS EAT IT UP

BB has less weapon but its better because they are more unique
BB has less magic but once again they are all way more unique

less is more, sekiro will be a finely crafted well tuned experience because they can focus hard on what they have

Anime and Kill Bill.

Don't forget, he uses a bell to access these memories. And bells are big thing in BB.

Calm down wil you, swords or katanas, in the end are just sharpend metal bars made to swing around an cut watermellons. And why medieval europe never conquerd japan? I think Europe was bushy concuering itself and figting infidels in the desert

I'm mad that people still think katanas are good for fighting huge enemies.Just give that limp dick nigger a fucking steel portuguese carack sword

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carracks_black_sword

>''These swords were painted black to not reflect light and announce their presence on ships, and to resist rusting caused by salt water.

It was also known by Portuguese soldiers as colhona (which in rude Portuguese means approximately “big balls”) due to the round shape of the terminal plates, reminiscent of a representation of the testicles in a phallic symbol in the form of sword.''

In Wizardry katana is the most powerfull weapon. No anime back then in 1981, nor kill bill.

After Shadow Tower VR

left alive bombed
mecha games are fail
never will there be new ac

>souls = hurd gem

Attached: 896.gif (500x382, 125K)

You forgot HMS, the greatest weapon in BB

>Mozambique turns out to be the joke weapon of Apex
>People realize that it is actually a country
>MFW Mozambique's foreing minister thanks Respawn devs saying there are more tourists than ever in said country to due to the meme

Are there similar wholesome stories like this one?

Attached: Mozambique.jpg (425x425, 113K)

>Oh boy, it is such a privilege to be able to pause the fucking game to access a wider moveset
>Breaking the flow of combat is fun.

no

you seem to be lost reddit is that way

kek, at least top 20 bosses from this decade are made mostly by From Software
cope shitter

I'm particularly biased since it used to be a colony of ours, but haven't people really not know that at least it was the name of a country?
Are these Americans by any chance?

Pretty much this.
Also now we get a preset character and "a more emotional experience" as I heard some fuck mention on youtube.

no, it's just you

/v and Soulsfags need to stop their shitty crusade and give the game a chance.

You guys whine all the time about endless sequels and no originality/innovation, but you keep wanting devs to make endless fucking sequels.

Meanwhile you fags bitch about how terrible DS2 and DS3 was. Yet you want them to make Bloodborne 2 and DS4.

Shit makes no sense.

>Normal RPG with souls combat and miyazaki made world
What's wrong with this?

Attached: d5d.jpg (680x582, 81K)

According to whom?