FFXIV Bread more or less

I have been shocked by the quality of this game lately.

I had played for around 300 hours back when people where waiting on HW and got back on it recently.

I'm in fucking love with all Azys Lla theme variants and after the quest of the continuum fractal (hard) I just noticed this.

Ixal's theme: youtube.com/watch?v=ponfjaH6Hyc

Azys Lla theme youtube.com/watch?v=dYOSYDBJyZg

The theme of the ixalis was made for 2.0 while Azys Lla is in 3.0 and the real theme being obviously the Azys Lla one.

How much of the game was actually planned years in advance? It's quite crazy.

In the lost city of Amdapor, the Kuribo statue had a comment saying "it will surely never stand ever again". How many twists are laying dormant in this fucking game?

Also FF14 thread.

Attached: 20190305015858_1.jpg (1920x1080, 506K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JE2a8_Y3bkE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The soundtrack in this game is one thing you can count on to be consitently good.

bf and I have moved to Louisoix! Can we expect to meet any of you on there? How's the community?

Attached: us.jpg (1080x607, 66K)

There’s a lot of nice easter eggs and planning done for the game

>453583991
Stop

Sometimes it's adapted as time goes along, "we had this thing back in X.0X, let's bring it up again!"
There's also some where the payoff is immediate, even if you didn't see it the first time. (see: the original logos for Ul'dah & Gridania and where they are from)
But there are a lot of things that they've planned out ahead of time to pay off way later. Like the major crossroads of characters, The Lost City of Amdapor to HW's 24-Man, Edda in general, everything about Ala Mhigo.

Hell, there's even a 1.0 storythread that was started but hasn't met it's conclusion yet, involving the Spirits of the Twelveswood & a ghost kid.

How do people still swallow this horrid turd and excuse its garbage-tier lack of effort? Is some meme dialogues truly all it takes for you people to cling onto something for your life, or is it being unable to let go and admit you wasted 300 hours on something that never went anywhere?

People have different tastes

It's going to be glorious in ShB when best writer brings all of her previous plot threads together.

>Dark Knight
>Empire & Ascians
>WoD
>Crystal Tower
>Matoya

Attached: CjDfg_hUoAAmmyR.jpg large.jpg (1920x1080, 272K)

And I am asking how can someone's tastes be so baselessly low that they continue to be spat on the face and laughed at, yet still keep coming back. It's like looking at an abused wife, except it's a tranny with cat ears and pink hair.

Ready to go to the moon.

Attached: ffxiv_08082015_024154_zpsff3wdz9b.png (1920x1080, 2.59M)

All the payoff is gonna be amazing

Tastes aren't universal? You're asking for an absolute answer to something that has no absolutes (i.e. taste).

>Final showdown with Elidibus on the moon
youtube.com/watch?v=JE2a8_Y3bkE

Attached: Augus.jpg (640x360, 55K)

I'll bite your bait just because I'm bored. Explain how FFXIV is "lack of effort" and "garbage tier".

"Maybe that will be a 7.0 thing"

5.0 is the best time to go full on the FF IV referencing. We're definitely going to the moon, either one of the final MSQ dungeons, or the 8-man raid.

Attached: FFIV.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

We really should, I've been waiting ever since the false Lunar Whale (Void Ark) was floating randomly in the Sea of Clouds.

What class should I play while completing the MSQ?
Any tips for a beginner gonna play it first time, when i get home from work today.

Attached: 1551801162548.jpg (460x215, 35K)

any tank for fast queue times, the first 40 levels can be a slog, the story really picks up at the end of 2.x and hw is a lot of fun.

Free Trial up to level 35
Play what you like
You can change your job to any job at any time after level 10 or so, I think? So try things out and see what fits best for you. All can be done on one (1) character.
Levels 1-50 are the tutorial
Story is intentionally slow at first, but picks up.
Crafting/Gathering will soon be having their own endgame story in Shadowbringers.

Rouge/Ninja unlocks at 15(?)
Red Mage & Samurai unlock at 50.
Blue Mage (Not a regular job) unlocks after beating the 2.0 MSQ
Gunbreaker unlocks at 60 on July 2nd (June 28th for Early Access preorders of Shadowbringers)

Also keep in mind there's minor extra dialogue for Dragoon in Heavensward. Only minor stuff for Ninja I think in Stormblood.

Same for beating the 8-Man Raid in 2.0 before HW. Same for pretty much everything in the game, lot of character & dialogue extras if you do things in release order.

Cheers, I'll try to grab a tank class, I played wow years ago and tanks had fast queue times so i guess some things never change.
Thanks a lot for all the information.
>Levels 1-50 are the tutorial
That's a long tutorial
I'm autistic enough to want to see this minor added story stuff honestly, I'll definitely look up release order so i can try to emulate it.