DNF 2001 thread

Attached: 10.jpg (1024x768, 713K)

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/games/the-amc-tc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone else enjoying the leak?

what leak? and where?

Is that real?

Fucking hell im watching it now, why did they cancel this? Also that balloon gun looks based

watching what? what balloon gun? the fuck are you talking about?

The leak?

yea nigger show me

yeah, rip

Yesterday I heard something about a 3DRealms announcement today but I didn't know what it was and i probably missed it, was DNF related?

Attached: DNF1.webm (720x480, 291K)

nvm it was that Quake engine game

post the leak you faggots.

never ever unfortunately

Fuck you

user, let it go

Am i the only bro that felt the dnf we got was pretty damn good?

at the time I hated it, but looking at it in the context of modern games it's pretty ok I guess

I mean, it's serviceable. It feels like a Duke game. But it's not a very good one. Maybe it's just a case of unrealistic expectations after a decade long wait (which HL3 has already eclipsed) but it's merely okay.

Yes

I thought a lot of the level design was very clever, especially the shrunken parts. I really enjoyed it,
Its in my top ten games of this decade for sure.

>they don't know

I grabbed it for 5 bucks a few months ago. It's something of a guilty pleasure. It was alright, Duke's dialogue and the world gags made me smile here and there, and enemies properly died when shot them, so I couldn't really complain about the gunplay. Not a great game, but definitely not the worst thing I ever played.

>Fred leaking the thing the same day he announces Wrath
Get a load of this guy

Having just played it recently, I hope you are. It's utter fucking dogshit.

seems the same technology that the Siren horror game used.

Man I remember this picture from some kinda gaming mag.

Attached: dnrlz.jpg (276x318, 42K)

It was ok. I think the absolute hate it got was pretty unjustified imo. A lot of people hated it mainly because it took so long to come out and the humor was "problematic". I remember one of the reasons why it got a 2/10 from Gamespot was because of a fag joke concerning cigarettes (slang in UK) and it was later revealed that the reviewer was gay. It was really the first time I noticed the SJW movement was becoming a real concern.

If it was rebranded as a Halo or CoD game at the time, it would've gotten 10s across the board. It was the same quality as those games.

>unjustified
It really wasn't, not with that result after 14 years of supposed development. It would have been better had Gearbox bought the IP and canceled the game instead of releasing something it in that state.

That being said, I did enjoy some parts of it. Ego is by far the best implementation of regenerating health I've ever seen, the parts were you were miniaturized were pretty fun, and some of the weapons felt good to use. It was just marred in a painfully generic, mediocre-at-best shooter that didn't live up to the name and certainly not to the expectations of fans.

there's still no any leak surface yet user

I thought you guys were talking about this
moddb.com/games/the-amc-tc

Attached: Logo[1].jpg (1024x644, 146K)

Make your own thread, shill

yeah because clearly this thread was going so smoothly before my thread jacking.