Dragon Age thread

Was he a good king?

Attached: a6b6867dd63e23bbd1db3e24f4368491.jpg (570x321, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1n8kt6Ps-tc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He was honorable and well liked, and his wife made up for any blind spots he had for politics.

Fuck no. It's heavily implied he was having an affair with the Orlesian Empress and might have even married her in the future and ditched Anora, getting Ferelden back into Orlesian hands because "lol we're friends and have to cooperate now or something".
Cailan was a retard and deserved to die. Loghain is based and did nothing wrong.

He was glorious.

If by good you mean: "Let me be autismo while leaving all of important jobs for my wife to handle for me.", then yes. He was pro at being autist.

He was going to dump her for some frog pussy.

Good for a 20yo glory seeker I suppose, he didn't live long enough to do anything

>he was having an affair with the Orlesian Empress
how can you have an affair with someone who lives in a different country and has everything they do monitored

She was screwing an elf woman too

Look up Cleopatra and Marc Anthony.

Maybe the nuance is lost on me, but I read the supposedly incriminating letters and that's not the impression I took from it.

If I recall the first letter is actually the Empress recounting their first meeting where she tried to seduce him and he told her NWF, and the second letter is her saying that she wants to try again, but we don't actually know what Cailan's intentions were.

The plan to battle the darkspawn at Ostagar had a better chance of victory than Loghain's plan to battle them on his own (assuming he wouldn't desert).

Cailan wasn't the brightest but he didn't refuse help nor betrayed his people. Loghain was not only a coward but a retard for thinking his plan could actually work

wouldn't marrying a monarch or royalty from a different country seal an alliance of some kind? presumably Orlais wouldn't want to invade if they had close family there.

There are other ways to conquer countries that don't require invasions.

cleo wasn't fucking marc antony until he went to egypt

There was never a chance at victory until Duncan died. His leadership and the strict, outdated rules were killing the Grey Wardens.

>(This letter appears to have been crumpled, then carefully smoothed out and folded again)
>A note, written in an uncharacteristically familiar tone, from Empress Celene to King Cailan
>after a letter from eamon saying anora is probably barren and that he should dump her because the kingdom needs an heir
They couldn't have made it more obvious unless they wrote a letter from Cailan asking for some fuck.

>"(This letter appears to have been crumpled, then carefully smoothed out and folded again)"
>"A note, written in an uncharacteristically familiar tone, from Empress Celene to King Cailan"
>Loghain's reaction when you find out about it
youtube.com/watch?v=1n8kt6Ps-tc (4:29)
They were fucking

Nothing is better without Duncan the joining has a 50% failure rate either way

ferelden was a shitty shithole and would be better off under orlais anyway. cailan did literally nothing wrong.

You wanted his armour.

Everything is better without Duncan. No more unnecessary deaths and dumbass secrecy causing the most important information imaginable to be potentially lost forever due to one party wipe.

Ok. So Cailain was a retard and Loghain was right in retreating. Don't give a shit about Howe torturing nobles, Loghain has nothing to do with that. Loghain also explains enslaving the elves (also fuck elves lmao) and justifies it at Camp.

So you might think Loghain did nothing wrong but what the fuck about pic related and the plot to poison Eamon even BEFORE Ostagar had even happened? What the fuck? Is it ever explained why the fuck he did it?

Attached: NPC-Jowan_Imprisoned.jpg (720x751, 94K)

eamon was influential and the biggest threat to broghain taking over. he was planning his coup for a while.

The Grey Wardens in Inquisition without Duncan went full retard sacricing their people to demons even Alistair can't stand behind it

Why the fuck would anyone wear armor like that? It would be so heavy you'd be unable to move.

Ferelden men are chads

He was only slightly less retarded than Loghain.
Alistair was smarter than both of them combined.

The old Wardens wouldn't have fared any better, Corypheus' threat is entirely unlike anything they'd faced before.

He was good in the sense that he was a good man. What he wasn't was an effective king that got shit done.

I wish origins had an endgame to justify using literally any piece of new gear other than basic starting gear. Even collecting allies does nothing because the final boss is just an easier version of dwarven tunnel darkspawn mobs running around + a dragon that does fuck all.

Probably really hated Eamon.
Dude married an Orlesian near right after the war, cant trust a man who would jump right back in bed with the enemy literally.

damn right, then I got it and put Alistair in it and gave him their dad's sword.

He didn't have time to be effective, I don't think he was crowned King that far from the Blight it was his first big moment to prove himself.

Alright Anons, let's talk about everyone's favorite elf.
Not the omnicidal one, the other one.

Attached: 74c89573aceb2f856a2348521e84b7ed.jpg (500x667, 72K)

wouldn't know anything about her, I give up on that game after two hours

COUSLAND COCK SO GOOD

That's not Fenris.

So let me get this straight, Loghain was all about saving the kingdom, not letting your personal problems interfere with it EXCEPT when it comes to the fact that his daughter was infertile and the kingdom would eventually need a heir. He just gained another level of hypocrisy.
You forget he divided the kingdom in half knowing there was an endless march of monsters ready to consume everything, and even the full kingdom might not been enough to save it.

Attached: batey 2.jpg (527x493, 38K)

Would be perfect if not for the tattoos

She literally caused the death of her entire tribe due to her retardation. She's possibly one of the worst, or the best characters on DA2 depending on what you think excessive amounts of retardation in a single character means.
Seconding this.

It's like she was made for Hawke's cock

Attached: you have not yet unlocked this character.png (1920x1080, 1.8M)

Day of the veil soon

Attached: Stenaccept.png (206x295, 10K)

>Fenris' VA just so happens to also voice the (second) coolest Elf in Warcraft
How does he do it?

Attached: Lor'themar_Theron57.png (640x960, 931K)

MOMMY MORRIGAN
GIVE ME MILKIES

No clue but he gave me a voice fetish.