Can we discuss what the actual reason for melee not being at Evo is? We had all enough fun shitposting at this point...

Can we discuss what the actual reason for melee not being at Evo is? We had all enough fun shitposting at this point, melee was the second most watched game last year and brings consistent participant / watcher numbers in. More than most other games. From a financial standpoint it makes 0 sense to drop melee. Not even the players from Ultimate and melee overlap much, so there's no reason to only have one smash game instead of 2.

Attached: 1524054584897.jpg (1600x900, 251K)

>From a financial standpoint it makes 0 sense to drop melee.
Melee may bring more viewers, but Tekken and BlazBlue bring more entrants, and they also attract sponsors. Selling fight sticks, headphones, and other gear for PC and PS4 is much easier than selling sponsored GC controllers and repainted GameCubes for Melee.

Fuck you, I'm still laughing and shitposting.

STINKY DAY IS FINALLY OVER

D A Y

O F

T H E

S O A P

I thought melee didn't need evo so whys so many of em complaining about it being booted?

They probably just want to give other fighting games a chance maybe? Not everything is about money and EVO can live without melee, it's good publicity to give the little guys a chance to build up their own scene.

1.- Because Smash means nothing to fighting games as a genre
2.- Because Ultimate is new, is better balanced, is popular and is on a console that will last for a decade.
3.- Because there are other actual fighting games that deserve the spot.
4.- Because move the fuck on faggots we might as well replace Melee with third strike or MvC2
5.- Because fuck you and fuck melee.

Attached: 5380.png (750x650, 162K)

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the worst attended and viewed EVO in years, SF5 might even dip below USF4's peak for the first time which would be a bad look. Ultimate's popularity is the only thing keeping it from being a disaster.

Attached: 1551731331195.png (600x545, 43K)

Ultimate came out. Wiz took the gamble of this being the largest evo tournament ever and was fine with Smash Ultimate being so huge and able to represent Smash as a whole. Also he hates melee no joke so I'm sure he didn't feel bad about it.

I hope the switch last a decade

>Can we discuss what the actual reason for melee not being at Evo is?

Because watching the same 5 people win over and over is boring

Because watching Jigglypuff lame out someone actually trying (or before that Icies wobbling) is fucking boring

Because watching a 20 year old solved game where maybe 1/4 of the cast is competitively viable is boring

Because we have a new Smash that is reasonably competitive and came out like four months ago

Attached: 154691673986269990.png (627x686, 445K)

As a person who works for a media company, VIEWS MEAN NOTHING when it comes to profits.

Don't get me wrong, viewership and eyes on your product is huge for exposure and whatnot, but it doesn't pay rent. If fewer of those views are converted into dollars than a game with far fewer views, then who the fuck cares.

Despite your opinion it was the second most viewed game last year. Despite your opinion people love seeing the """""same 5 people win over and over"""""".

it’s the same top 8 every time just watch last year’s

>Despite your opinion people love seeing the """""same 5 people win over and over"""""".
Things have changed since last Evo. Armada retired and Plup probably isn't going. PPMD retired years ago, and Mango is washed up. The only people that even had a chance of beating HBox at a major/supermajor are M2K and MAYBE Leffen. HBox has barely no competition now, and it's really boring watching him play safe in Top 8.

>Despite your opinion people love seeing the """""same 5 people win over and over""""""

Evidently not or it would be at Evo, not Ultimate. Go have yourself a wash.

jigglypuff bair is a bore to behold

I keked so hard when I saw his reaction. He probably thought it was his time, he would be the new GOAT and Melee became irrelevant.

At this point it doesn't matter what argument you make anti melee posters just shift the goal post and say it's proof it's a dead game.

You really want to know why? Twitch views aren't how Wizard makes his money you fucking brainlets. In fact they're really not that relevant. Besides, the viewer/player disparity in melee is huge (not that many players for the views it gets - lots of casuals watch it for eceleb drama)

Hint: It's the entry fees at evo. Meleefags only play melee, they don't even like ultimate. Let alone any other game. Why do you think anime fighting games that people barely play are getting so many spots? Because anime players enter every single anime game. What's the difference between a sweaty fat fuck anime player and sweaty fat fuck melee player? The anime player will enter bbtag, unist, dbz, and probably street fighter too. That adds up.

Also it's a pain in the ass to run. CRT screens, very long games on average, terrible community, etc. You add in the fact that the FGC hates melee players with a passion because melee players won't assimilate and think melee is the "best fighting game ever unlike that sf2 clone garbage :^)". You melee players hate the FGC's games, you think that they're all too stupid to play melee, but you want the prestige of being called a fighting game. This breeds resentment and doesn't look good for you.

You actually could have kept it alive. If you weren't such "purists" for every piece of autism, played on dolphin, didn't ban alternative controllers besides only nintendo first party ones, didn't try to run 99stock ft10s as the standard, used the community patch that removes the shield drop leniency for only 1 in a million glitched controllers, and get this- ACTUALLY PLAYED FIGHTING GAMES instead of thumbing up your nose at them and looking at them like archaic garbage compared to your "perfect" kusoge and actually participated in that community - people wouldn't give a fuck.

But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price. You're fucking dead kiddo.

Attached: goldface.gif (800x430, 564K)

kermit poster pretty much sums it up.

Attached: 1551239417041.png (1331x294, 74K)

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo paid to not have melee there.

I unironically hope meleefags believe this.

A lot of them do.

Why?

I want meleefags to kill themselves.
I want them to stink so much they become radioactive, get cancer, and finally die.

Fuck meleefags.
Fuck them forever.
Melee itself is fine, it's a good game, but FUCK meleefags.

Attached: 1312999890536.gif (500x375, 495K)

>Not even the players from Ultimate and melee overlap much
Mang0, Leffen, M2K, Plup and Armada are all active competitors in Ultimate, shit, a ton of them are at Summit RIGHT NOW. However, no one from Smash 4/Ultimate is going over to Melee.

Attached: 1537749119107.png (190x188, 75K)

Kermitposter is always wrong though just like about why no Sunday slot. So if I consider that all of this is wrong (which it is) it just means that Ultimate actually did get melee kicked.

It's impressive how rent free melee lives in people who totally don't care about it.

Because they deserve to believe that retarded lie. Is almost poetic, they will think Nintendo cucked them and that's fucking beautiful. Is a shame that they got dropped for other reasons.

>Mang0
Doesn't take the game seriously
>Leffen
hurr durr drop Pokemon Trainer for Roy
>Plup
LMAO
>Armada
Will drop the game when loli squid is nerfed

All of them suck at Ultimate.

>All of them suck at Ultimate.
But they're still playing Ultimate which was the point I'm making, I forgot about HBox commentating as well.

Why is it retarded?

Basically melee players only play newer smash games out of necessity, not actually giving a shit about the titles themselves.
And that makes people despise them even more.

Aside M2K.
His autism makes him simple and honest for the most part so he doesn't mind playing newer games, these days it seems like he just wants to have a good time.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 26K)

Attached: e40.png (640x640, 475K)

Nice answer.

Not him but I think it's retearded to think Nintendo went out of it's way to sabotage Melee because it implies there haven't been a ton of issues in the Melee scene itself, including but not limited to
>Jigglypuff domination that Melee players hate watching
>big names dropping out
>everyone playing Ultimate
>meta getting so bad people have been unorincally trying to get Puff and wobbling banned

No one whined when SF2, MvC2, SF3 and CvS2 were dropped.

ACKTUALLY...

They did, man. They did.

What goes around comes around, you insufferable cunts.
Die and stay dead in your stinky hole.

Attached: 1349403358270.jpg (500x378, 139K)

Ultimate didnt kick Melee out. If Melee was going to be kicked out by another smash it would of have been already. Melee's time was up and its no one elses fault. Simple as that.

I didn't say they sabotaged the game but I wouldn't be surprised if part of them sponsoring evo was that melee couldn't be part of it.

I wish with all my hearth this was true, I really do wish that Nintendo cucked melee but they really have no reason to do it. In the end having two fucking games means advertisement. Then again you retards believe this so I'm fine.

Again, ridiculous. Melee has a host of it's own problems and Armada talked extensively about how he knew Melee's relationship with Evo had been shaky for years.

They did, but unlike Meleefags here, they know there's conspiracy as to why they were dropped and moved on to let other games have their spot.
If they feel like it, they have the sense to organize side-events instead of crying about it.

I don't think you realize what a special case Ultimate is. It's surpassed Smash 4 immensely comparatively

Ultimate kicked out Sm4sh, you moron.

Logistics get harder and harder for melee every years due to the required equipment.

>no reason
Nintendo hate melees continued success and want it gone so more focus is on their new hotness.

It kicked out both, idiot

Attached: DhHCJjeW0AEHhuQ.jpg (600x800, 115K)

Oh I forgot you retards also believe nintendo hates melee lmao.

>tried to ban tournaments from streaming it several times
Yeah they really love it.

We dont know how much Ultimate will surpass Smash 4 cause Evo hasnt happened yet. Smash 4 even had the same amount of entrants as Melee last year anyways. If anything that shows Melee was falling off on its own. I get your blame a game angle but if youre going to point fingers you are better off yelling at SamSho.

Nintendo doesn't hate Melee, they hate it's scene and the Melee community.
Same as everyone else.

Not even related to my preferences for games but I don't like games being announced at evo when they don't even have a release date. I can kinda follow MK11 being involved as it's a direct sequel to a relatively recent game. But I don't remember when the last SamSho game was.

>but if youre going to point fingers you are better off yelling at SamSho
The new SamSho is gonna suck dick because SNK don't know what the fuck they're doing with anything 3D.
AND while SNK has slightly more money now, they still don't have that huge amount of money to influence shit like this.

Attached: samuraispirits.jpg (800x450, 109K)

Correction, Nintendo lawyers hate the melee scene, and anyone who appears to even remotely appear like they might profit off of something Nintendo related.

user you don't honestly think if Ultimate didn't come out then melee would still be gone, do you?

Say what you will. Make your jokes.

Melee is still the fastest, most intense fighting game ever made and will NEVER die.

And that's a fact, Jack.

Why wouldnt it be gone Ultimate or not? It had a 6 year run that only really started because of a fundraiser. And besides, EVO is a FIGHTING GAME TOURNAMENT.

Say what you will. Make your jokes.

Melee players are still the smelliest, most unwashed neckbeards to ever live and will NEVER take a shower.

And that's a fact, Jack.

I thought it was a corporate event to shill games.

It would probably be gone eventually because of logistics, and gear, just because if Evo keeps growing it becomes harder and harder to fit in the unique things needed to host a big smash tourney.

Ultimate being a huge hit just hastened its removal by being a great somewhat replacement.

What is so significant about 6 years? There's nothing particularly special about 6 years that made people say "Oh shit man it's the sixth year we're done for."

You Meleetards keep stressing that Melee is fundamentally different to any other Smash game and can't be replaced, Sm4sh didn't kick out Melee then, why would Ultimate be different? Are you admitting that Ultimate is better than both combined, you brainlet?

This is retarded. KOF was in last year, Samsho took that spot. Guilty Gear was in last year, UNIST takes that spot. What community took an extra spot this year? Oh right, Soulcalibur VI and Tekken 7 both got in. If you wanna blame anyone, blame BamCo.

T7 is solid and deserved, deal with it.
But i'll agree that SC is a little bit questionable.
Not because it's a bad game but because it really only has a real competitive scene in europe and japan, as it's always been tradition with all SC games (aside SC2).

>You Meleetards
Okay apparently trying to come to a logical conclusion is being a meleetard then.

its that too but Under Nights inclusion can almost get you to believe otherwise.

6 years is a respectable run. Thats all Im saying. There are games that have had much less.

Unist almost feels like a last minute inclusion to me. Like they needed something so went fuck it, let's go with this.

>6 years is a respectable run. Thats all Im saying. There are games that have had much less.
I feel bad for SF fans that don't want to roll over to the next shittier game.

>From a financial standpoint it makes 0 sense to drop melee

Disagree. Mr. Jizz is letting companies know that he can reserve slots on his tournament to shill their upcoming fighting games. I guarantee you UNIST and BBTAG are not gonna be in next year, they're just filler because they got nothing else. They dropped Melee because Ultima is well received, and whatever they'd earn from Melee entrants they earned triple from giving spots to MK and Samurai Showdown. The companies paid him enough for him to tell Melee to fuck off.

I figure the plan is to constantly reserve at least two spots for the next upcoming fighting games whenever possible, possibly do it every year and get extra money that way. Mr. Wiz is a greedy cunt, nothing new. He doesn't care about the legacy of games or the communities. They axed Marvel, why the fuck would they not axe some old Smash game they never liked to have in the first place? He'd axe SFV but it's the "tradition" game and I'm sure Capcom and EVO both get a huge cut of money, regardless of how good or bad the latest SF game is. It's all business.

>I feel bad for SF fans
I don't.
Ever.

>Smash U in
>Melee out
Do you believed it's still a fighting game?

evo started as a place for a large collection of people who love playing fighting games to develop a scene to play at and express they're skill at a game on a mass scale and haven't been overtly negative towards accepting a game and have been allowing side tourneys for some time now why do you cgmucks think you have been singled out? If any game was purposely snuffed for extreme disdain towards it it's mvci, which I might add many a people made videos critisizing it's presentation heavily despite being a fun game to play and watch and had a longer legacy status than melee
I'm sure the reason it was cut was simply to give new games a chance to grow and develop followings
I'm also not sure why I'm seeing a lot of people(op included) bringing up muh views argument, like none of these games are even remotely close reaching the viewership numbers of lol, dota , overwatch and other big esports games and dbfighterz broke viewership records for evo last year (muh paid in exposure when it only accounts for around less than 10% of the money earned from the event and melee doesn't garner an extreme amount of sponsorship outside community figures)
Melee and sm4sh also had around the same number of entrants last year as well so the thriving community surpassing all others excuse isn't valid either
And I say all this after the fact that many melee players have said for years that they don't need evo to survive but are all of a sudden shocked that they've been dropped
honestly I don't really care about smash in general despite playing every entry but the community surrounding melee is notoriously toxic and have been known to cause problems for the tourney for years like having sets run on wayyyy too long and heckling top players by sending swarms of hate their way despite being good at a game they love and praise so much and many melee fans sending hate towards wiz for supposedly being bought out

SamSho releases SUMMER 2019. Its a BBtag repeat. Theres no reason it should be there above any of the other games. Its not Bamco's fault they happened to drop some """decent""" fighters last year.

We still have genesis shut up

Yes.

Unist is one of the most popular anime fighters right now and has a very competitive community. They had main stage last year too. It not only makes sense but is an awesome pick.

I don't think I ever see it anywhere outside Yea Forums threads which mean sweet fuck all as Yea Forums can't play a single fighting game.

Would EVO 2019 be anything besides Hbox BTFOing everyone else effortlessly? Meleefags were lucky that EVO 2018 wasn’t like most 2018-19 Melee majors where Hbox gets 3-0’d in winners side then downloads his opponent and brushes them off.

First half is correct, second half is complete autism. Which Melee player fucked your wife and killed your dog?

Attached: smugjak.png (224x225, 5K)

>go to local
>SD 3 times on stream
>fail to do basic stuff like wavedash, waveshine, jc grab even in casual games
>feel like im losing games to my own hands and garbage execution
why the fuck do I play Fox? I'll never be as technical as Leffen, Mango, KJH, Crush etc

At the point it is right now it was guaranteed to get more entrants than injustice and gg so it honestly still makes sense financially. If Koei-Tecmo actually wanted to put DOA6 in they could have, but I guess there wasn't a lot of faith and KT didn't think it was worth the investment.

Melee players can't be criminals, the smell would give them away every time.

because fox is fuckin fun

Why the fuck are you trying to play a game that will cause spaghettification of your hands?
Play something better.

Become a Marth/Sheik dual main like every cool kid

Have to start somewhere.

Youll typically find Unist players on twitter or discord talking about Hilda's feet.

Sounds like you're not using a glitched controller

Ah a fellow venezuelan kofchad I see...

Attached: 1551232362891.jpg (307x506, 82K)

>melee isn't a fighting game
>competitive melee is boring as fuck
>meleefags smell like shit and don't respect other games
>meleefags make outrageous demands and use roach-filled crt screens
the real question is why it ever got added to evo to begin with.

Attached: meleeroaches.png (2000x387, 430K)

>melee isn't a fighting game
Factually incorrect. Whoops, looks like your entire autism fell apart before it even started.

>can only make arguments using Yea Forums posts

CRTs, user. CRTs.

>the real question is why it ever got added to evo to begin with
cause Skullgirl players had to renew their fakku sub and couldnt shill out a bit more

Daily reminder that "Stinky Day" was about Tr4sh and not Melee

People actually played Skullgirls?

in 2013 ya

>Plenty of posts in this thread alone that are factually sound with no replies
>can't find a single worthwhile vid on YouTube, a site where you can reviews and rants about every game ever made, about the amount of bullshit present in the melee community, outside numerous salt compilations, but can find videos from people that play melee that shit on other fighting games and the fgc as a whole with nonsnsical theories about why melee was cut and why it's supposedly the best game ever made with 100k plus views by the boatload
Fuck smeleefaggots

Even at that time I refuse to believe you.

Skullgirls crashed and burned because of it's community AND it's devs.
They basically went trough a repeat of what happened to the old Guilty Gear community (minus the devs part), but less extreme.
History repeats itself.
Honestly i never liked that shady bunch, i'm gload they're gone.
GG fans are cunts too but i respect them more, definitely.

Attached: 1334172640157.jpg (421x886, 28K)

Melee isn't at 2019 because you've been here for 6 fucking years in a row (7 total)
Nobody stays at Evo forever, get the fuck over it

Everytime a new MK is out they're the top entrants in EVO. MK11 and Ultimate at the same time will trump DBFZ and SFV dying

Why does Armada play Ink when Peach is amazing in Ult?

For the same reason as Third Strike and MvC2. It's fucking old.

tru
it's fun
I don't like Sheik's dash, I'd rather play Marth
just feels like my practice isn't paying off

Attached: 1509944470309.png (611x517, 426K)

It would be very embarrassing if Armada played Peach and wasn't even near the top 50. Remember that Armada thinks other communities aren't even worthy of licking Melee player's boots, he has a lot riding on this.

What a baby with a fragile ego.

he likes playing different characters in new games

Real meleefags aren't bothered by this at all since after all, Melee never needed EVO anyways.

Logistics. Setting up all the CRTs at EVO just for one video game is a nightmare.

That and Nintendo probably paying them off to give Ultimate its time in the sun. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you, OP. Melee doesn't necessarily need EVO anymore, the game has its own major tournaments like Genesis and Super Smash Con.

when you stick with a game you've played as a kid, you tend to continue acting like a kid too

I didn't know dr. phil was posting here.

Inkling isn't going to get nerfed you retard. She isn't OP at high level.

Good fucking riddance

Attached: D0Ynlr2VAAAiNQZ.jpg (1200x1200, 226K)

Isn't it mainly because they refused to do less than first-to-three in pools?

that literally never happened you dipshit. it was just top 8

NOT THIS TIME YOU MOTHERFUCKER

Attached: Ultimate kills Melee.jpg (449x550, 30K)

kek

Only because they were told they couldn't do 3 out of 5 but that hasn't stopped them from demanding 3 out of 5. Guess it's time to learn an actual fighting game stinky boy.

even if Ultimate ends up not killing Melee this image will always be 10/10

oh shit. he called me stinky. i lose argument

Attached: 1470947959608.jpg (477x405, 31K)

Post yfw SF won

Attached: bipson.png (459x581, 419K)

it will pay off, but only after around a year, possibly more. how long have you been playing?

like 6 months

if youre having fun then stick with it. if its too hard and/ or frustrating just find another game, melee is just fine as a spectator sport

topkek

I’m just enjoying that Melee finally got out down by BASED Samurai Shodown of all things. Never thought I’d see a new SamSho. Can’t wait for this summer to get my hands on it

Imagine being such a corporate cuck that you seriously try to claim that Third Strike and MVC2 getting in would be a bad thing.

It's a pain in the ass to host tournaments due to the need of CRT screens

Insecurities I bet, melee is the high-school nerd who became somewhat of a success (does melee make a lot of money?) all he we wants is for the FGC to acknowledge him. He believes he's finally made it.
Only now he wasn't invited to the class reunion because he's insufferable, and he knows despite all his accomplishments, he's still the same poser he's always been. Knowing that tears him up inside.

Don't forget about side tournaments.