So why was Grimoire rejected by GoG?

So why was Grimoire rejected by GoG?

Apparently they just approve games based on "politics" now. Which is insanely weird and I dunno if there is anything to back that up. That implies if the game has the "right" political views, they approve it, if not, they don't.

That doesn't make sense to me. Was the Grimoire guy just a loon?

Attached: D1A0uucWkAANvHr.jpg (1199x298, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o589CAu73UM?t=111
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Was the Grimoire guy just a loon?
Fuckin sapes.

the dev is a douche
the game is garbage
and gog is gonna shut down soon

need any more reasons?

I dunno the story behind him though.

What did he do? Is he just schizo and crying SJW out of idiocy or what?

reminder that Good Old Games, the site whose library consists 90% of abandonware, will reject your game for being "too obscure and niche"

They have very high standards, and if your game doesn't meet them, they will reject them.
AFAIK, the only game they rejected because of offensive content was Hatred, even if it was made by their fellow Poles (and GOG really loves supporting fellow Polish developers)

Cleve is legitimately a crazy person who, among other things, believes he is literally a different species of human biologically than other people.
I wouldn't take his account of things at face value, not without examining it first at least. GOG could have rejected it for any number of other reasons, such as the fact that the game was completely broken at release and didn't have a manual until like a year later (there's no tutorials of course).

What?!

Does he believe he's a Pillar Man or some shit?

He believes he's a Neanderthal, believes that Neanderthals are superior to Sapiens in every way mentally and physically, and uses "sape" as a slur that's apparently not a joke to him.

You gotta be shitting me? Really?

Is he legit Schizo? And Neanderthals are dumber than Sapiens so what the fuck?

I swear I had a email from gog about grimoire being out.

Really. He's quite the character, google him up and you'll find stories.

Hell, he might actually be a Neanderthal if he is dumb enough to believe all that.

Typical ?sape? rhetoric.

>And Neanderthals are dumber than Sapiens so what the fuck?
How would you know that's not revisionist history invented by the sapes?

Because they existed before we even had fucking clothes that weren't just skinned animal hides.

>this is what neanderthals sound like
youtu.be/o589CAu73UM?t=111
Cleve isn't this high pitched so it's bullshit

that sucks man, griomoire is right up gog's alley

Neanderthals were smarter than humans at least in many respects. The downside about them is that they brought their women to fight and weren't slutty enough. The precursor sapiens were more aggressive and slutty while leaving their women at home. Also they bred with the neanderthal women so many Northern Europeans are part neanderthal. There has been links to intelligence in those that have that DNA. Not really a different species though.

Games which are still sold by the copyright holders are, by definition, not abandonware.

Neanderthal genes in european clusters are all Y though, so it was the neanderthal men fucking sapien women.

>I got a private email from somebody else at the company who told me that management has changed dramatically there and political viewpoints are a prime driver of decision making now...

I've been meaning to start buying more from GOG instead of Steam, simply for the sake of supporting a DRM-free store. But if there's any truth to the above claims, then I'm glad most of my GOG games thus far have been free via GOG Connect.

Has GOG really become a political cesspool? Or is this guy just telling lies because he's butthurt about people losing interest in his game that took 9000 years to come out?

>8gag
Why, OP?

Attached: 134218322293.jpg (387x356, 45K)

Nice shift key, homo erectus.

>He doesn't know.
It's like you didn't even play Cleve's game.

the dev is a batshit nutcase from australia.
the updates have been a mess resulting in the game going from improved to unplayable in various patches.
your save data doesn't carry over across patches.
GOG has their own thing regarding patches and hosting files which has lead to issues on games from larger publishers.

All you had to say was Australia.

because ourguy Cleve is too visionary a video game auteur for normalfags to understand him. He was a man who spent 20 years perfecting video game, honing every mechanic, tweaking every balance. Pseudo-hollywood sacks like Kojima will never approach this level of visionary.

>Has GOG really become a political cesspool?
We're in a political era. GOG is probably not immune. I suspect GOG is the least politically minded of the relevant game stores though. The big corporate stores being swayable by protestors.

Gog isn't shutting down anytime soon, especially with SJWPunk 2049 or whatever coming later this year

This makes sense and doesn't make me empathetic to staff being let go from that store.

>coming later this year
Yeah, and then we'll be getting Death Stranding and SMT5 this year, too, right?