NES Tetris was literally perfect, why do they make all these new autistic games that let you see 7 pieces in advance...

NES Tetris was literally perfect, why do they make all these new autistic games that let you see 7 pieces in advance, hold them in reserve, and move them into impossible positions rather than sticking on contact?

Attached: tetris_2786.png (256x224, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xZK0IL5Zw7s&t=59s
youtube.com/watch?v=zdihJjpWSrY
youtu.be/KoCFToFstSY
youtube.com/watch?v=5vKxju-ccQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because now the game has more advanced systems that increase the skill ceiling. NES Tetris is so rng heavy it’s not fun

All of those new features give the gameplay more depth and allow players to perform even more of the things they want to do faster which raises the skill ceiling to an almost inhuman level. NES Tetris skill ceiling is too low.

>why do they make all these new autistic games that let you see 7 pieces in advance

Attached: Dumb2.jpg (429x350, 28K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xZK0IL5Zw7s&t=59s

Best theme

>"inhuman" 3-time Tetris Grand Masters from Japan and people like KevinDDR get absolutely dicked by Jonas at the CTWC

"no"

Modern Tetris is an illusion that makes people who play it think they are good at Tetris

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

Those people don't play that game. Of course they're not going to be as good at it. It's a different skill set, but it doesn't change the truth about what I said. The skill ceiling is not increased when you limit players. It opens up when you give them more options.

aversion to change is a symptom of autism

That's like saying a SF2 player beat a KOF player in a SF2 tournament. KOF is a deeper game, but at the end of the day the person with more experience in the specific tourney game is going to do better. Fundies only get you so far.

But it's not a one-off. Greentea and Koryan, to give them names, have been to the last few tournaments and simply can't even reach the final, and they practice for hours on streams between playing Tetris Effect, TGM and presumably 99 now.

Again, modern Tetris is an illusion that makes a lot of people think they are good at Tetris.

yet none of these NEStris players could even reach S4 in TGM3, despite the fact that S4 is basically babby tier. its almost as though they are entirely different games

You're not listening to sense. You're trying to compare different things as if they're identical in all other ways and draw conclusions from this. This is wrong. They're different games. People who practice one game exclusively are going to probably be better at it than people who practice other games. It's incorrect to conclude that because of this that game someone is good at is somehow better than the other games. The point I'm making is about the skill ceiling. You haven't addressed this point. A game with less options is less complex and has a lower skill ceiling. This is not me saying there can't be someone at the top of that skill ceiling. I'm just saying it's easier to reach when you don't have to think about or focus on other things or react as quickly. I know you have a hard on for the old game but people moved on for a good reason.

>no hard drop
>perfect
*inhale* YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
*stretches*
*smacks lips*

>adding things that definitely make the game easier makes it harder

Man this is retard logic

You are aware the newer games reach speeds the original game was simply incapable of approaching, correct?

NES Tetris speeds up to the point there's not enough frames for pieces to reach the sides and therefore it becomes impossible to score, TGM and such simply don't have this.

That's a limitation of the game. It's not an improvement. They designed the later games to not have this in order to give players more control. When players have more control and more options they're able to perform closer to the limit their brains and bodies can withstand.

You're insisting that bicycle races with all of the bikes kitted with training wheels are better races because riders can't turn as quickly.

Whilst newer Tetris is arguably too lax with when a tetromino locks into place, I'd argue the NES and GB titles (but not Tetris DX on GBC) were too strict with locking into place.

Moreover, it was the horizontal positioning of the piece was too strenuous, you really had to fucking hammer the left/right buttons because of no buffer and a delay on continuous movement similar to key repeat on keyboards.

This is actually why I prefer Tetris DX on the Game Boy Color, it adjusted these things to make high level play less physically strenuous, and high-speed player manageable. Hitting level 30 on a Marathon run is hitting a really good stride.

If anything, knowing so many pieces in advance and being able to hold an I piece until you want to drop a Tetris is much more of a training wheel than the cold-hearted RNG

Tetris The Grand Master 3 is the best Tetris game

Yeah, this phenomena is known as the kill screen in Tetris.

Which is why this guy getting to level 33 on NES Tetris is so fucking impressive.
youtube.com/watch?v=zdihJjpWSrY

So you're insisting a game with more RNG has a higher skill ceiling. OK. You're a fucking retard.

>CDi Tetris still the best
PORT FUCKING WHEN

Joseph is fucking ridiculous and I can see him winning as many championships as Jonas

Yeah, you've just got to deal with the pieces you're given straight away rather than being a pussy who basically summons an I piece on command.

>unaesthetic blocks
nah. the atari arcade version was bestris. it was also downported to nes as the bootleg (tengen) tetris. the official version is terrible. it's like they took the game boy version and added a GBC color filter and called it a day

Attached: gfs_28551_2_1.jpg (336x240, 16K)

I think that tetris 99 is the best version since the original gameboy. Poyo poyo tetris is a close second.

Not needing to think about it at all is easier. Everyone is still subject to the same RNG regardless of being able to bank a piece.

Yeah, I played this for years thinking it was the real NES Tetris

Attached: Tetris (U) (Unl).png (256x240, 3K)

Tetris 99 is the best game I never knew I wanted. It’s so much fun.

>bestris
>not CD-i
youtu.be/KoCFToFstSY
Open your heart to the music and relaxing background and you will now you were wrong all along.

Ummmm yes? If you're getting fucked by rng then you, as a high skilled player, would know where to put them, where to burn lines, etc, split second decisions. If you're gonna call that user a retard, look yourself in the mirror first.

This doesn't change when you have more options. You'll still have to deal with that.

How can I play this game? It says MAME can play Philips CD-i but I can't seem to get it to work

It gives you a breathing room, you have to deal with far less RNG, just at a different level, and guess what, it is a lower level than nes tetris. Just because both have them doesn't mean the argument is void, stop pretending to know about tetris.

I don't look at the world through a lens of nostalgia. It's okay to like older games. I like a lot of older games too. But I don't sit around and preach that older games are better because the technology limits players.

Because otherwise they couldn't sell new versions to you.

imagine being a tetrislet and telling others to stop pretending to know about tetris
post your 40line time or TGM3 qualified grade if you wanna talk shit

Yeah, I am sure everyone who plays NES tetris is because of nostalgia, that's why Joseph, a 16 years old and current world champion, plays NES tetris. What an incredible argument and logic right there, friendo. Only boomers like NES tetris, flawless point right there.
Why don't you post yours? You're the one shitflinging left and right, and if you're going to call people retarded despite not knowing what the fuck you're talking about, get back to plebbit if you can't handle your feefees getting hurt, let the big boys talk.

>You're the one shitflinging left and righ
mate its my first post itt

I was talking about you; not someone else. You view this game with nostalgia. You're defending it like you're the one who made it. Get bent.

The best Tetris game ever conceived to mankind is Tetris The Grandmaster 2: The Absolute Plus
When do the ranks in TGM3 stop being baby tier? m7?

There's more than one of us lel. Slideywidey Tetris is for babbies

>Muh autism
It’s called getting stuck in your ways you faggot

Attached: 90DAB3D1-6BF1-477C-B0D3-8FCED141724F.gif (500x500, 1M)

If it's so easy why aren't you better at it?

>I like sticking my nose where nobody has called me
Glad we're done here.
Yeah, the only reason someone can like one tetris over the other, is because of nostalgia. You come to argue with a flawed point because you're assuming stuff from people to fit your criteria, which is also incorrect. What makes you think I like NES tetris more? I am just stating the arguments, you can't argue that level 29 of tetris, which means pieces fall every frame, is lower skill ceiling than the newer iteractions of tetris.

i'm 35 and have played literally every tetris made available to the public. nes tetris is a perfect form of tetris, but it pales in comparison to TGM. that shit pushes you in a way that old school tetris never could.

also, for anyone interested in playing tetris for the first time and want something casual to get started on, I suggest the NDS version. the nintendo themes are a lot of fun and the game is very forgiving.

Attached: 1550908682784.png (220x220, 40K)

The best version of tetris for new players is Tetris DX on GBC, it combines the RNG from NES iteraction of tetris, with new stuff like pieces not locking into place as soon as they land. It is the best entry point because if you end up liking old or new tetris more, this middle ground sets the precedent for you.

the RNG puts players off, but I do agree it will help in the long run.

There is a reason why in tournament play they use the same set of pieces for both players, so you can only blame yourself (not RNG), if your opponent managed to survive through something like an I-piece drought, he just had a higher skill ceiling than you.

I played this bootleg on a bootleg gba cart that also had a shit ton of other ‘games’ and maybe two or three actual gba games crammed into. Shit was cash money man.

It's a shame that Tetris Effect relies so heavily on VR to make it unique that it ruins the pick up and play nature of Tetris. The game is pretty unsatisfying without VR.

Thanks to the Tetris comapny being dicks every Tetris game plays the exact same these days. The visuals is all they could change to make it unique

>TAP
my absolute negro

Have you tried Puyo Puyo Tetris? They have some mixed game modes that are unique.

even then rng is still a factor. at almost any point people will have different builds. in one instance, player A might place a piece that results in a stack that is dependent on a J piece to be flat, while player B makes a safer build that only needs either an S or T to become flat. while the second move is safer and more flexible as a stack, on the same rng seed these players could encounter a flood of Js with no Ts or Ss, to be found, benefiting the player who made a worse move. considering how NES tetris uses pure rng rather than a 7bag or tgms history bias rng, there is absolutely no way to plan around these situations, the only way to play is to hope rng doesn't fuck you.

Tetris 2 + bombliss now that's a good game

Attached: here's your map bro.jpg (512x448, 35K)

The raw tetris in that still plays the same as every other Tetris. I don't really like Puyo Puyo so I just play Tetris in it

Holy fucking shit look at the face on the left.

Tetris Blast AKA bombliss is literally tetris but better, debate me.

The RNG is the same for both players, and different builds mean different skill ceiling. Even if you are doing a superior one (building flat or close to it) and still get more fucked by RNG than the other player with a worse build (but that favors RNG more in this particular case), then here is when other factors come in, like knowing when to burn lines in order to survive, keeping a good build despite not knowing the next 5 pieces coming, and so on.

playing competetive tetris with garbage blocks being sent to the other player requires an entirely different mindset, basically different games.

which one is the worst tetris in your opinion? for me it is tetris & dr.mario on snes, I swear they coded that shit to give you the same piece 4 times in a row

>doesn't have the iconic korobeiniki song
it's shit
youtube.com/watch?v=5vKxju-ccQ0

Attached: 1551846752688.jpg (480x360, 30K)

tgm and tgm2 are better games than tetris nes (which is better than tgm3).

Wow someone knows the name instead of saying "Tetris A"

It's just so fucking good
>best backgrounds and arguably best OST in the series
>biggest mode variety
>the most challenging game of the trilogy, TGM1 varies from babbyshit to annoying as fuck and TGM3, while hard on its own, ends up being a little easier due to the added tools of modern guidelines
No complaints other than the input lag being a bitch
Korobeiniki is the most overrated song of all time

You're trying to push this narrative deep into your consciousness, you want to believe what you want to believe, you don't listen to reason and your arguments are weak and got debunked many times in this thread. What is your actual problem ?

Not him but do you know what my problem is new IP? that extra space before the fucking question mark.

What's wrong with TGM3

I don't know a thing about Tetris, but I just watched Joseph winning against Jonas and I'm so impressed.

Only newfags care about how you're supposed to format your text to fit in the classic Yea Forums culture.
Next thing you're going to say is nice reddit spacing.
I know all the way to bait faggots like you ! ;)

Format? I'm talking about grammar dumb fuck.

Tetris sucks dick, Dr. Mario is a better puzzle game

Fuck you and fuck mario

Attached: 1475050883704.jpg (800x1030, 95K)

Dr Mario is just solidified puyo with floating garbage

The best Tetris variant was Tetrisphere

It isn't even a proper Tetris game

Haven't played Tetris in years

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (712x533, 23K)

Real men only play Bastet.

Attached: psxo652pk5f21.jpg (1600x1600, 252K)

Wrong

Attached: 51332.jpg (584x800, 84K)

NES Tetris is only relevant because of the CTWC

I got one line once on Bastet lol

Between PPT, Tetris Effect, and Tetris 99, it's literally a golden age for the game.
Pick any of them and you'll have tons of fun playing Tetris.

Attached: 1528573711692.gif (500x281, 941K)

adulthood is realizing w/ pulp is better.

imagine being an elitist in fucking tetris.

How is he being elitist, he seems to know what he's talking about, I don't see him coming with an egocentric tone.

Too bad Tetris threads are so cancerous around here. I think what makes Tetris so great is all the versions that are available that all provide their own take on the game with their own quirks and strategies. No need to call anybody names because they play a version you dislike.

It's good to see some TAP appreciation on fucking Yea Forums of all places. It's possibly my most played game in my life at this point.

I just wish multiplayer Tetris didn't boil down to t-spins and big combos.

Attached: wells vs. tspins.jpg (1118x667, 124K)

>t. Brainlet zoomer

Love me some Tetris