Tfw you're 27 yo and still stuck in "the gamer" tier

>tfw you're 27 yo and still stuck in "the gamer" tier

Attached: 9b1.jpg (1500x3114, 2.27M)

You should be thankful

It isn't important to know a lot about games

whats lostboy.tmp.exe guys

OP, what the fuck is this picture?
You think you will get (You)s with this honest shit?
And don't think you can just stretch the first 3 categories down and call it a day, that just throwing the whole fishing rod into the pond.
The trick is to find "Your favorite game"s(You know, fan favorites and such) and put them a category or two lower than they "deserve"
Now thats bait

>tfw technically gregor tier thanks to arcane kids
finish perfect stride already you hacks

>Sitting on the border between Gregor and Daemon
Been planning on playing Eastern Mind soon

>jrpg
>any good
top kek this burger obsession with all things japanese

the only thing they are good at are simulators/arcade sims

Tf is a walking sim? Also, what are some recommendations to someone who's stuck in "The Weird Guy" (played almost everything in there)? Played Quake and Fallout already

this chart sucks, ive played a decent bit of pioneer tier and 2 games from elder tier. this doesnt go anywhere near deep enough

What would it be to go deep enough?

It all requires a significant time investment to feel like you've really 'played' them.
EVE is easily 1K hours, various danmaku take years to get good at and I don't even know what some of these are.
Also, play the matrix online, it should be in that category but isn't.

I came a few times while playing some HellMOO

what's lab.seratoninphobia.info

I clicked it and there was a *s p O o K y* popup and it's doing some fancy JS shit with its title bar
Looks like a circlejerk.

> Kinect/Wii --> Pokemon

??????

>also technically gregor due to Dungeon Crawl and LSD
I'm moreso "The Weird Guy" as far as my tastes go, but I enjoy some of "the Oldfag" games as well (Quake, Last Remnant and EVE)

yeah im on it right now solving some weird window puzzle that's like resident evil levels of convoluted

what level does a game that was never translated, needs a patch, special configs to run, sold less than 4000 copies, AND has to be hunted down through at least 5-10 google pages, a cult classic but obscure enough

what's a good place to trawl through old Game Maker / flash games?

>half of these are probably just translated titles from obscure japanese games
wooow its so deep

Attached: DCC34C6F-6993-4676-8F53-1969586A5762.jpg (500x375, 46K)

there shouldn't be any yellow text in the bottom part honestly, the fact that a game is called out by name in Elder tier and then shared makes it no longer Elder tier

I'm at about Gregor tier

i want an answer to this too
i like to go on andkon arcade sometimes to play old flash games but that site isnt really obscure games

How is the Elder stronger than the Daemon?

>polybius
I’m gonna make a non meme version of this someday when i beat 300-500 more games

Gregor tier is the best tier.

Games based on Yea Forums user's youtube channel they're totally going to start uploading to

>entirely in the gamer category
>tried multiple games from weird guy but couldn't get into them
>a single game from oldfag (classic X-COM) is one of my favorite games of all time (also Spacechem)
Anyone else know this feel?

Gregor here
CataclysmDDA is fun

same, but im twice your age

>Cataclysm: DDA
>Cosmology of Kyoto
>Rape Simulators
>HellMOO
>ActiveWorlds
Agreed

>tfw at least 'oldfag' tier

I might actually be Gregor tier. Would you count Skyrim as a rape simulator, assuming I modded it to include a rape option?

Actually, I played Meridian 59 too, way back when.

If you aren't at LEAST Gregor-tier, then you don't belong on Yea Forums.

archive.org (also useful by itself to find old stuff) -> wayback machine, search through yoyogames.com around 2007/2008 (early era of people submitting their gamemaker games). you might have to just note the titles and go find a download link elsewhere since not all uploads were archived. also a lot of older game maker games from that era might not work properly on windows 7+, so a VM with winXP might be useful

anything below Gregor is meme tier

>muh gamer cred
yeah fuck off, this was the best game ever made and if you disagree it doesn't matter waht bullshit game you played you ahve shit taste

Attached: 1547942473728.png (220x307, 160K)

who here /gregor/ but still shit at games

Most people here can claim Gregor just thanks to rape sims and LSD. They're not THAT obscure, I think shit like Vib-Ribbon is more obscure than LSD.
>still stuck in "the gamer" tier
How the fuck? You never played a fucking Worms game, Morrowind or Deus Ex?

Totally me

>Genesis version
Fag!

this, these cult classic games disqualify the shit

>There are people who claim to be /gregor/ yet never spent months building in ActiveWorlds only to have someone fly over and delete it in a matter of seconds
And no, you fags who heard about it from Vinesauce don't count.

Daemon here, AMA

I'm oldfag Tier. Fair enough.

So the shit Vinny plays on sundays make him more of a gamer? Fuck off.

What a shitty tier list.
>worms not in kiddy tier
for example

Just how out of touch are you, old man? When was the last time you heard ANYONE, ANYWHERE under the age of 25 even mention Worms, let alone play it? Kids haven't been interested in Worms for over a decade.

>lost media
Guess I'm Elder tier

Thanks, I oughtta check these out.

Literally every time I visit my niece

>landed in the gregor tier thanks to Marathon
I don't know how to feel about that but I still can't deny that I liked those game and the multiplayer matches.

>halo in kid tier
>uncharted in gamer tier
Nice try sonyfag

>Moorhuhn
>The oldfag
Well shit, guess I've been an oldfag since I was a kid.

Judging by the chart he is actually an "Elder".

I call bullshit on this whole chart, especially since I actually know most of that shit without feeling like I'm some darknet guru. I'm just some guy slightly over 30 on the internet.
Let's face it, video games don't run as deep as ironic woke levels or made up behaviours of people on Yea Forums.

It's not about if you know it or not, it's about if you've actively played and enjoyed it. There's a world of difference between knowing something like Garage exists and actually going out of your way to play it.

Worms deserves a comeback. Worms Battle Royale when? These fucking kids don't know what they're missing.

>pizza land not even mentioned

Attached: front.1.jpg (340x340, 32K)

does playing the MUD in carmageddon tdr 2000 get me to 6th tier?

Attached: 1550236584810.jpg (1280x1845, 420K)

because redditards ruined that game literally a day after the thread went up.

wut
pizza land is mainstream now?

>Worms
>weird guy

Why? I played the shit out of worms 15 years ago, it was semi-popular even

Attached: 510AKAFH3SL.jpg (500x375, 40K)

reddit streamers like Vinny got to it so yes.

I'm thoroughly stuck in level 2 and I dont plan on ever changing thst

Attached: 1551054608576.jpg (675x675, 468K)

>Život není krásný
I really have no idea how that even got on this list, guess i'm a pioneer though

>tfw daemon
Programming based games are [spoiler________]fun_______[/spoiler]

I miss when obscure media would spread organically from group to group instead of what we have now with pop culture vultures swooping in the moment anything of interest is found and immediately spreading it to millions of uninterested simpletons for the sake of profit. It makes discussing these sort of games incredibly difficult because you'll run into someone who'll say "omg i totally LOVE that game it's my absolute favorite!" and when you actually try to hold a conversation with them about it it becomes clear their sole understanding of the game comes from a single 20 minute stream some retard did.

heh

>No SAM Simulator

Attached: Untitled-1 copy.jpg (666x532, 118K)

Nothing below oldfag is worth your time. Gregor is a faggot hipster and probably a slav subhuman.

That’s perfectly fine sucker
There’s no going back the deeper you go.

>people unironically think the lower you are the better your taste

Attached: 1551325817159.gif (400x406, 505K)

Worms should be in the gamer tier.

>giving a shit about some meme image for some gamer cred
If you have no interest and enjoyment in anything below gamer tier then why bother? Form your own taste based on what's fun and interesting to you instead of basing it on some meme image or shitty boards taste

Actually
imagine caring about taste in videogames
That's how I know some of you fucks lack personality

I bet most of you don't even know who "the pioneer" is.

Attached: 1551893538620.jpg (764x713, 309K)

He is that guy from Star Wars

To every one who goes under The Daemon and lower. Did you actually enjoy those games?

>Popular is bad reeeeeeee

eat shit millions of flies cant be wrong

pretty sure arma does what you want

>worlds chat gold
fuck why am i so low

Lowest I go is weird guy because I play some fighting games. Tried out some things that go under oldfag and didn't enjoy them that much.

Gregor gang

>t. can't get any lower than weird guy

No, SAM simulator exists, he's complaining that it isn't on the list.

>I play games no one knows about so my taste is better than yours

>I bet most of you don't even know who "the pioneer" is.
literally everyone knows who saint is

it's alright if you're insecure, man; just don't be so smug about having shit taste

Yes, that's generally how these things work.

Attached: 1454984216392.png (600x1200, 348K)

that's pretty good, user

>if its not fortnite nobody cares about it and its not even real
epic

i only play games on templeos everything else is shit

Lucasfilm's Habitat is a neat as fuck idea

>Saints of Virtue

Holy fuck I have that on CD

It's not about sides. Halo is vastly more popular and literally everyone has played it.

I've played emulated versions of Polybius so I guess that makes me the elder

This was a pretty good Game Maker game.

Attached: super snake.png (800x600, 379K)

Attached: elder-council.png (180x120, 27K)

tfw ur 30 and fit in the top 3 tiers...

some games likes worlds.com and a lot of games that fall under lost game maker (and flash) games are a pretty neat look at early 2000's/late 90's, and most of those games are weird as hell which is fun in its own right
unless you just mean pure gameplay in which case no not really

Where would you all place ШП ??

your post is yikes

I literally have never heard of anything about Daemon and above besides Lostboy and Polybius

true final boss

Attached: F9YHhHw.png (513x376, 33K)

I remember 14/???

>TFW when the time machine wont start
>TFW didn't verify authors

fuck

Attached: Didnt+see+it+_f159412fc5fb37c6beda1abb3c2cc570.jpg (326x285, 19K)

the saint has nearly 4k subscribers retard

I wish I could singleplayer Hellmoo

Gregor for rape simulators
But mostly weird guy.

>Monster Hunter
>The Weird Guy

Attached: 1528510695686.png (400x300, 75K)

Before MHW, MH was somewhat niche on the west.

>no GROUNDED
>no cake 1234566
>no unc_pic
>no lerxst

Does a game where the PC gets raped count as a rape simulator?

Are there any actually fun programming based games? I'm a professional software engineer so all the programming games I've played are extremely simplistic and boring.

>Cata:DDA and Starsector aren't fun because my friends and streamers I'm subbed to don't play it
Holy plebe.

That bothers you and not Fighting Games and fucking Shadow of the Collosus?

I remember MH still being pretty big before MHW
Maybe not on the level of Dark Souls but still pretty well known

nope. i just stick with code golf. of course there are some good programming based ctf's if you're into infosec and reversing

Feels good being an oldfag.

Attached: 1530993481328.png (433x429, 51K)

It's just what caught my eye first, the whole chart is pretty off in general

Yea Forums just loves MH, the people that actually likes the franchise is autistically dedicated to it and can easily put 1000+ hours on each game.

If I can like programming games could I possibly like programming?
I'm just trying to find a calling in life, mang. I hate my degree. Everything that has to do with the healthcare industry can suck a dick, especially Pharmacy.

This list is so fucking shit and outdated

Some of it doesn't make sense also it's best to keep in mind this is like an edit of an edit of an edit of an edit, some of which before streamers like Vinny got ahold of stuff like Goblet Grotto and worlds.

Look into the zachtronic games if you haven't already. I really liked SHENZHEN I/O.

Attached: shenzen.jpg (1835x1080, 459K)

TIS-100 is super fun

have you played Exapunks? Looked interesting

>Exapunks
Just looked it up, looks really cool.

didn't expect to see legacy of flan on here. Didn't just turn up recently? That's when I played it anyway.

>If I like programming games would I like programming?
Honestly, a better indicator would be whether you enjoy building games, like Minecraft. I program in my spare time for fun because it allows for completely abstract, unbounded exploration of design and logic for its own sake. Programming is one of the purest forms of creation - in my opinion, even higher than math, because no matter how abstract, mathematicians are still just uncovering existing universal axioms, while programming is the higher-order creation of such axioms.

Maybe that's why it's so difficult to find a programming-related game that compares.

Ha, I laughed.

>The Elder
>Polybius

I don't think Scrimmy Bingus should make you Elder tier, I certainly don't feel like an Elder and barely Gregor since I only have rape simulators and text adventures under my belt however I am very much in oldfag territory

The absolute elder tier plays pic related

Attached: lws.jpg (495x700, 124K)

It's more about the range of your experience.

this list is fucking stupid
if you think anything more than modded Mountain Blade is necessary to be "cool" than ur retard

>Polish System Shock clones for DOS
>Taiwanese Doom clones for DOS
>Czech third person stealth games
>Cuban propaganda shooters
>Restoring lost content from the Half-Life 2 Beta
>mfw know a slav website which hosts torrents for almost every FPS ever made and regularly download whichever looks obscure and foreign enough
Movies:
>Livestreams of Tunisian anime
>Cambodian horror movies
>Bola De Drac Z
>A hand full of VHS rips of some extremely obscure Japanese Toku movies from the 90's
>Archives of Cantonese television programs from the 1980's
Which ones do you want to know more about?

Attached: 1476934189680.jpg (500x469, 36K)

34 here

The Kid: 12
The Gamer: 19
The Weird Guy: 18
The Oldfag: 15
Gregor: 9 (HellMOO is casual garbage now)
The Daemon: 3 (cheating on this one, there's a couple MUDs I have saved here and there)
The Pioneer: 1 (same one as everyone else)
The Elder: 1 (same one as everyone else)

Newfag detected

I would play it. That sounds really fun. I've been dying for a community driven game like that

but that's a good thing if you want to be a normie

here we go guys just put these on real quick and it will all be fine

Attached: gamers.jpg (522x488, 19K)

>Cosmology of Kyoto
>Artificial Academy
>Terraria
>Tf2
Based. Guess i'm a mix of gregor, the weird guy and the gamer.

Attached: image (1).jpg (500x500, 27K)

>tried MS V-Chat from a PCGamer or some such demo disc once
>forever a Pioneer despite playing mostly gamer-oldfag stuff
This is fine, I don't need to go deeper, need to check out Eastern Mind and LSD soon.

>anime reaction image
yup

There was a MUD in carmageddon? Please elaborate.