Just 100% completed this game for the first time

Just 100% completed this game for the first time
Why is this the best racing game ever made, and how has it not been beaten in 15 years?

Attached: 220px-Burnout_3_-_Takedown_Coverart.jpg (220x264, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5HMnCGZ0j1c
youtu.be/P5dpF0WAt-s
youtube.com/watch?v=kOBLm0igCIg&
youtube.com/watch?v=LjsBRlvjwJ8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I liked Revenge slightly more but they’re both phenomenal.

There’s some game called Dangerous Driving or something being made and it literally looks so much like Burnout I’m almost expecting a lawsuit.

I AM ROCK!

Attached: sdg.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

You should play Revenge, Dominator and Paradise as well. They're not as good but they're all good.

>daily burnout 3 threads starting again

im ok with this

CRASH FM

So you haven't played Garfield Kart yet?

>I actually really fucking miss old EA

While it's the best burnout game, it's not the best racing game. But I love both games

Attached: 1549669296500.gif (500x379, 2.54M)

why is Burnout Paradise so comfy , i find myself keep coming back to the game

Attached: C34B1F56-7C22-455B-BCAD-1EEAB3E15981.jpg (215x302, 20K)

I'm playing on the PS2 emulator and revenge is definitely next, I have paradise on Steam but it never really clicked with me for some reason

The only thing holding Paradise back from being a 10 is the fact that you have to listen Guns and Roses every damn time you start up the game and theirs no option to skip it or turn it off. It's not a bad song either it just gets so old after playing the game for a while.

The OST is a big part of it. The only reason I like 3 more than Revenge is the OST.

I haven't felt that sense of speed in any racing game I've played since.

I don't know why I love the soundtrack so much but I 100% agree. Every song apart from my chemical faggotry fits so fucking well

and not being able to quick select a event
and when finishing an event leaves you out in the middle of nowhere

>Dangerous Driving

I just looked it up, its from some of the orginal Burnout creators, I think the IP is "free for all" since Criterion got chewed up and spit out by EA

I think it's something to do with the motion blur when you use boost, it's ironic because boosting barely even increases your speed especially on the faster cars, the world circuit racer for example runs at top speed of around 205mph and boosting gets it up to like 210 ish. The motion blur makes it feel much faster

Increase FOV

Funnily enough, I just 100% completed the game about a week ago as well. I actually would have years ago but I was left at 97% for the longest time thanks to signature takedowns that just gave me some rough luck.

Attached: Tram_Ram.png (300x300, 124K)

I prefer Dominator

The hardest bit for me was the two trailer/tram takedowns in a race. I had to grind that shit on silver lake and winter city for fucking ages because it's so hard to get even 1 of those takedowns. I actually found the signatures much easier but the truck torpedo and hit the split were fucking nightmares. It's a bit weird when you have those really hard takedowns right next to fucking pillar driller and market stalled which you're virtually guaranteed to get if you race on downtown and golden city

Revenge is definitely my favorite entry in the series, but 3 is a close second.
Paradise can suck my balls but I still play it from time to time because it's the only one on ps4

WE ARE THE LAZY GENERATION

This game's beta builds were pretty fascinating
youtu.be/5HMnCGZ0j1c
youtu.be/P5dpF0WAt-s

Attached: burnout3_beta.jpg (640x480, 35K)

>Dangerous Driving
Warning: Epic Store (and PS4 and Xbone), not Steam (and of course not GOG or itch.io... sigh)

Cringe and notastepilled. Dominator was sloppy and the soundtrack sucked ass.

>Why is this the best racing game ever made
it's not

Attached: 220px-Midnight_Club_II_Coverart.jpg (220x311, 33K)

They're both amazing.

Attached: 1207006579900.png (641x2614, 187K)

Dominator was probably the first time I truly had buyer's remorse for a burnout game. Couldn't even bring back the crash mode which was fun.

Fuck, why did I never play this game ?
I started with 3, got chased by police, couldnt lose them in 40 fucking minutes and threw the game out of the window
True story

>Admiring and playing games made by EA
The state of this board. I bet someone says that unironically enjoys the new Star Wars Battlefront, Titanfall, Apex and Anthem. Where did we go so fucking wrong or is this board full of EA shills?

>I prefer the shitty cash grab knock off
I'd like to believe he was just being ironic.

Shhhh underaged, youre too young to understand

>shilling
>a game that's been out of print for years
user, this was before EA shat the bed completely.

EA still made some great games in the PS2 era, retard. Believe it or not there was a time, probably long before you were born, when they were generally pretty decent.

>Battlefront, Titanfall, apex, anthem

Never played any of them. Try harder user

Its soundtrack was mid 2000s as fuck.

I prefer 2

spotted the underage assfaggot who didn't live to experience all the great EA games on PS2

the shitty rubberbanding AI ruins the game, sucks to be punished for having a perfect run

just because EA is a piece of shit doesn't mean the studios they buyout are. The studios they buyout slowly become amalgamated into the shitstorm that is EA and become indisguishingable.
but before that, they usually make 1 or 2 more games in their original vein. In this case Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge were great games but then the studio became EA garbage shortly after.

The rubberbanding bothered the hell out of me too, until I realised the way to win is to not use boost ever unless the ai get in front of you, in which case you use it to take them down.

Fresh out the house, got the beat on suicide
As ride up and down Martin Luther King drive

Attached: 1545215293642.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

>outing yourself as underage
>shilling a game thats well over a decade old
Holy fuck you dumb Gen Z faggot, just kill yourself already and do the world a favor

Never ran into any rubberbanding issues. Just stay in oncoming traffic and takedown anybody who gets near you.

Near infinite supply of boost

Revenge is great too. Hard to say which is better.

revenge really pissed me off as a kid how some cars looked like supercars while driving slower than some of the sedans
i guess that's why i like 3 better, the tier progression from class to class

Revenge has become kind of a meme'd game in recent days on Yea Forums, people dismiss it just because of traffic checking. 3 is still better to me, but Revenge is overhated these days. Besides, they made the crash mode even more exciting in Revenge.

The rubber banding is really blatant though, you can boost constantly and empty your boost bar and you'll always be two seconds ahead at most

I hate that its free roam absolutely kills me

EVERY GET FIRED UP

Sorry
I just had to
I dunno why it is so easy to get so many replies with one stupid statement
It honestly makes me sad. I like Burnout 3
Sorry friends, I just wanted to test if it was that easy. I will sleep now so nini, take care all of you and have fun. I love you all.

Attached: Mirai-Chan for anon.jpg (1200x862, 515K)

Revenge was alright but it was definitely casualised and that diminished its appeal quite a bit. It was the beginning of the end and paradise was the final nail in the coffin.

i 100%'d takedown and am playing through revenge now and my only complaint is the loading times. also i noticed in the crash mode they got rid of the bonus icons you can hit. kinda enjoyed finding ways to cause as much destruction as possible while racking up bonus points.

Rude

>tfw the only person who doesn't completely hate paradise
objectively worse than 3 and revenge, yes. but i won't deny the comfy times that were had online back in 2008-2010 for me

Attached: 1549786089758.png (356x256, 200K)

>revemge on 360
>dat lag

Doubt it, youre not the original poster, just some lonely sperg that wants to ride on the wave of attention

Try harder next time

The cash pickups were fine but I hated the multipliers, getting a gold medal almost always requires hitting the x4 which fucks the gameplay quite hard. I'd rather try and figure out the best way to approach a junction than just try and get to the exact same spot every time to arbitrarily massively increase my score

thanks user you have a goodnight

>tfw you got to cause absolute chaos once you unlocked the firetruck
really wish they had brought it back for revenge

Attached: 1546080185054.jpg (700x453, 46K)

Still waiting on a decent sequel.

Attached: 220px-Race_Driver_-_GRID_(box_art).png (220x276, 105K)

my nigga. it's a travesty we didn't get a sequel this gen.

samefagg

me too my nigga me too

You're not supposed to try and lose the cops, just finish the race and avoid getting smashed by them. I don't think it's even possible to lose them completely.

Disregarding the launcher faggotry, what do you hope for this game?
All I want isbthe sense of speed, the satisfying brutality of takedowns, and a banging soundtrack to go with it.
Varied maps as well, 3 really shined on it with the maps ofbthe regions being interconnected in some way and wach locale looking interesting. Too bad so far it shows pretty generic highways and forest roads. But there is still time.

Attached: dangerous-driving-cover-660x330.jpg (660x330, 77K)

THREE
SIX
NINE

HOUSE REAL BIG

I miss TDU
youtube.com/watch?v=kOBLm0igCIg&

>no bikes in the ps2 version

Attached: 1526536517742.jpg (621x580, 138K)

There were bikes?
How were they?

They were fun to drive.

no just a politefag.
nigger

Dangerous Golf was an unoptimized mess, expecting the same with this.

Burnout as a series is amazing.
It's a huge shame we'll probably never see another one considering paradise bombed.
We need more fun arcade racers

NO MORE STANDING OUT IN LINE

Will I be crucified if I say I was never really a fan of the crash mode? Sure it's fun the first few times, but after like 5 of them I started groaning whenever I had to do one.
I love burnout's racing, I want to do that not the crash mode please.

>whenever I had to do one
have you ever needed to though? I can't speak for Revenge cause it's been a while but I went back to Burnout 2 and 3 recently and the crash mode is completely optional, you can complete all the races without touching a single junction if you really wanted to. It's really only for 100%'ing the game.

They are skippable, but I'm the kind of person who will do side quests if it's in my path just for the heck of it.
So I will admit, me hating burnout 3's crash mode is partly my fault for choosing to do them.
But revenge I'm pretty sure requires you to do a few of them to progress (Could be wrong. I have no idea how revenge's progression system works honestly)

the music add more fun to the game

the crash mode was definitely more important in revenge , I barely remember it at all in 3

SO GOOD AT WASTING OUR TIME

Which was annoying since I'm not a fan of that game's crash mode either.
Honestly revenge as a whole is mixed for me. I love how the game plays/look and the ost is probably my favorite, but the AI seems a lot more rubberbandy then they were in 3.
That or I just suck ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You reminded me that I got this on Steam in a humble bundle years back. How does the PC port fair?

I want to try midnight club so bad but the music keeps me away from it.
I hope I don't sound too much like a "edgy and unique" saying this, but I can't really stand that kind of rappy music.
I love burnout's ost because a majority of it is rock and sometimes even metal.
Is there an option to turn the music off in it?

no the rubberbanding is bullshit and I kinda hate crash mode most the time, but revenge is still my favorite because of the reasons you said (plays so well)

Midnight club 2 had all sorts of great house and breakbeat tracks. Wasn't all rap.

most of MCII's soundtrack is electronic/trance/house stuff. maybe 5-6 tracks out of about 40 are what you're describing. i get where you're coming from though. i hated burnout 3's soundtrack so much i made a custom numetal/trance soundtrack to play instead.

>most of MCII's soundtrack is electronic/trance/house stuff
Honestly those soundtracks I can't really stand either. Need for speed is probably the worst with those (turned the volume off for rivals most of the time since so many of the songs sounded the same boring electronic mess)
> i hated burnout 3's soundtrack so much i made a custom numetal/trance soundtrack to play instead.
Odd. Never seen anyone who didn't like burnout 3's ost. It's not as rock as the later games, but for the most part it's pretty harmless. Even the one rap-ish song on it (Days and nights iirc) wasn't too bad.

Burnout tier lists, dont bother to reply, you know this is true

Burnout 3 > Burnout Legends (PSP) = Burnout 2 > Burnout Revenge > Burnout Dominator > Burnout Paradise = Burnout 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Need For Speed MW 2012 >>> Burnout CRASH! >>>>>>>> Burnout Legends DS

Attached: Second Best Burnout Game ever made.jpg (2496x1987, 2.55M)

On the contrary (From the few games I've played)
3 > Paradise > Revenge
Yep just those three. I'd love to play the others but I'm really really waiting to see if sony puts them up as ps2 classics eventually.

i've found a few others in these threads who also weren't fans of burnout's soundtrack and rap i can handle, pop punk is mostly just grating to me. i will say house/trance music + burnout 3 is a god tier experience and here's the proof:
youtube.com/watch?v=LjsBRlvjwJ8

Its more up to EA and not sony
and I doubt EA will bother in re licensing all of the OST in those games
Just fire up some emulators and have fun But for the love of god, dont play legends DS

Attached: Burnout Legends DS.jpg (3289x1370, 1.08M)

MW 2012 was definitely better than the buttfucking psp games.

why are you throwing some low tier NFS into a burnout list?

>Just fire up some emulators and have fun
Few problems with that
1) I'm one of the 5 people who don't like emulators. They always feel "off" to me. I prefer playing on the og console and idk why.
2) I'm stuck with a """gaming""" laptop that can hardly run minecraft at anything about 20
I usually end up buying all my games legitly, so I'm always keeping my eyes open at flea markets for burnout games. Not the easiest since burnout games seem somewhat hard to come across (only for 3 and revenge so far)

It was paradise 2 whether you can accept it or not.

The IP is NOT, but gameplay elements can't be copyrighted

It's a lot of shit. They SELL the idea of speed more than they actually increase your speed. There's a brief delay before the boost starts, like a spring winding, the sound of the boost, the change in handling performance, that doesn't actually match more engine power, ect.

Wow you aren't kidding. That does fit way more then it should.
That gave me nostalgia and I have no idea why (Never played burnout until like last year). My guess is the way the music sounds?

Pretty good. Shame the rest of the series was never on PC. I'd love to play mc3 in HD.

it's the intensity of the music matching the intensity of the action. you don't get that with the pop punk. totally different experiences. i also found linkin park worked well too.

NFS rivals had a linkin park song in it and it did fit really well (I mention nfs since modern nfs is basically burnout thanks criterion).
Only problem is it was some trance remix or something.

Nope, it was not
It was fucking not
MW2012 is a shit show made to cash in nostalgia and had HORRIBLE balance and an nonexistent difficulty curve
In that game a fucking Audi A1 can be supped up to beat a Pagani Hyuara with all of its mods on too
Speaking of mods, lets talk how fucking annoying is to get them and they barely do anything to the car (visually) besides boosing up stats, to get a mod you have to grind till they pop up, making progressing your car the same as lvling up a party in a RPG, the only difference is that your RPG party has different members for different things, while every car in MW2012 feels exactly the fucking same, does the same things and performs almost identical sans the aerial Atom and the BAC mono, which perform identically to each other (fast rockets way too fast to be fun in the game)
This is all complaining from a NFS point of view
Lets see this from a Burnout point of view
The over world is worse than Paradise
there is no fun landmarks
the city is trash
the soundtrack is a disgrace
the takedown mechanic is toned the fuck down because car manufacturers dont want people to see their products turning into a fiery ball of steel, but at the same time, its super OP, you can lightly jam your car into the enemy and send them spining away like the piece of shit they are

MEAN THE FUCKING WHILE
Burnout Legends is a portable Burnout 3 with content of B1 and B2 mixed in
Burnout Dominator is damn well good game that tried really hard to be its own thing and not be portable Revenge and it did well
Both are better games, much better games than NFSMW2012

The PSP emulator is excellent, runs on anything, produces better output than hooking up a PSP or a vita TV to your TV and you are missing two excellent burnout games if you don't plan on getting a PSP/Vita/VitaTv

To add to your argument, from the videos I've seen they all tend to say that the roads are way too small/90 degrees and are not fitted for the burnout-like physics the game was going for.

I hope to get a psp someday just to be able to play ps1 games on the game and some psp exclusives I want to grab like burnout legends or some megaman games

>Dangerous Driving
Not sure about this one, the game looks fun but look at the damage models. Burnout 3 had better damage back in 2004. Also
>Epic Store exclusive

Attached: 1550190370288.jpg (252x270, 96K)

They are
its why the huge ass freeway is the only decent place to grind

the huge central park area in the middle of the city is also decent since you can get some decent air points from it, but besides that its horrible

Get a Vita, man
they run ALL of the software they PSP can, plus vita games and is almost as easy to mod
or a vita TV if you dont like portable gaming

Boost works different on some cars
WC gets an acceleration boost, not top speed
while the compacts get top speed boost

The screaming of the engine also helps on selling the sense of speed

what are the best racing games on PC?

Could never beat the last races with the F1 car when I was a kid. I was beyond shit.
Now that I've acquired a PS2 again, I will beat it when I find the time.

Every Forza since Motorsport 6 are available on Win10. If you're more into pure simulation, Assetto Corsa and Project Cars are good choices.
Wreckfest is really fun too if you like this style of racing.

I'm fine with portable gaming, I just didn't know if I wanted a psp for the disc support, or a vita for the vita games + digital stuff.
So really it boils down to which form of the physical media do I want more (since some stuff like megaman powered up isn't available digitally)

I just looked on the vita store, no burnout games listed, but if I remember from a few years ago, BO Legends may be one of those games you can buy, DL to ps3 and transport that way only. Not sure. It's 10 bucks though unless you have a hacked vita.

Literally met and bonded with my wife over nostalgia for this game. I got out my old ps2 and this game when she came over for the first time 4 years ago, and she kicked my ass at it

you lucky fucking dog

i wish xbox emulation was a thing. ps2 version looks like ass.

Well, you can play it on a 360 at the very least. It is natively supported.

kys zoomer

Pray one day that the Microjew overlords have it as one of the Xbox live gold free games. It is possible, last month had Jedi Academy and this month has Republic Commando.

let's go