What do you think of the PS Vita Yea Forums?

What do you think of the PS Vita Yea Forums?

Attached: Screenshot_2.jpg (746x468, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vita.hacks.guide/get-started
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think it's dead and that it has been dead for at least 5 years even though Sony wanted you to believe otherwise.

Lacks Ape Escape 4

Breddy Gud. Not great, but gud.

Attached: IMG_20190227_113221874.jpg (3264x1836, 1.2M)

Now that WipEout 2048 is on PS4, there's literally zero excuses to own a vita

Persona 4 Golden

zero excuses to own a vita

Persona 4 Golden

I love mine. Emulates everything I could want from a handheld pretty damn well, especially in comparison to its predecessor.

It is the definition of wasted potential due to corporate greed and retardation.

Attached: 96d934ff6c9bbf0b6f07351333f266db1bfe5ca5.png (768x1333, 349K)

>gamestop has an online shipment of pstv for $29.99
>considering to buy one but not sure if i'd use it

lame game library
emulators suck
good dpad wasted
could have been so much more
for me it's just a PSP++

Attached: 2018-10-04-205547.jpg (960x544, 118K)

That's a good price. PSTVs are only going to get more expensive from here.

I loved it.

Attached: 1538828335246.png (1290x1821, 880K)

Pic related was the last game I imagine I'll buy for it. Good send off though. I still go back occasionally for Dragon's Crown and need to finish Hacker's Memory though.

Attached: DgzfWKHUcAAyr6j.jpg (2048x1024, 346K)

1. a lot of hidden gems
2. retroarch works perfectly fine and has netplay enabled
3. see 2
4. agreed. but not like sony will suddenly start caring again
5. don't forget near perfect performance with psx titles

Attached: MikuTupac.gif (244x150, 1.49M)

I don't use it often but when I do I get enjoyment from it. I can't imagine owning one and paying for the games for it, though. GBA emulation is top notch.

The only "hidden gem" that tickled my fancy so far was Oreshika. Most of the games I've been recommended feel like lazy weeb pandering.
Retroarch sucks, you're lucky if a SNES or GBA game runs at full speed even with 500MHz overclocking.
PSX performance is good, sure. I have more PS1 games on my Vita than Vita game. Still could be better, I wish I could play Wipeout XL.

>normalfags and Yea Forums are seperate entities
Heh

>Retroarch sucks, you're lucky if a SNES or GBA game runs at full speed
tell me which games you're having problems with. I downloaded a rom pack months ago, so I'm sure I have the game ready to load. i've played through dozens of SNES titles without issues. the only one I can think of that had slight problems was donkey kong country.

it's a good system with loads of good games, but the library feels incomplete just like the DS or 3DS

PSP will always be the GOAT handheld with the most console-like library

Metroid Zero Mission runs smoothly most of the time, but has framedrops in certain rooms. Rooms in Brinstar with the tiny bugs that cling to Samus come to mind.
Megaman Zero 2 has performance issues. All thoughout the opening stage you can expect slowdown, though it's worst at the stage boss.

Trillion was fun.

Attached: trillion graves.jpg (960x544, 120K)

what are you guys playing on your Vita?

I'm playing Minecraft, but without any patches installed so there isn't gobs of bullshit (and it runs better)

Attached: 2019-03-05-223850.jpg (960x544, 148K)

just bought one today, feels very nice and the screen is godly. I'm just waiting on WipeOut 2048 and my 16GB memory card to arrive, on 3.70 so no cfw

I love it, great piece of tech that suffered a cruel fate.

Playing Xenogears for the first time on it right now, just got Billy at Ethos. The plots getting juicy.

>16GB memory card to arrive
OH FUCK user WHAT ARE Y-
>on 3.70 so no cfw
Oh, thats a damn shame. When I bought mine about two years back it didn't make the cut but eventually an exploit was released, hopefully the same happens on 3.70. Vita is a great console but its not reaching its full potential unless you have CFW imo.

I have all those games too but didn't spend any money.

Attached: pirate smokes pipe.jpg (231x226, 17K)

>no games
>shitty storage space
>ridiculous pricing for storage
>garbage fps
>slippery analogs
>ugly ui
The build quality was good, and jailbreaking made it less of a paperweight though.

>tfw only have half of that collection
>tfw the rest are all digital

REEEEEEEEE ITS NOT FAIR I WANT TO GET THEM ALL PHYSICALLY

pretty much this.

Ebay

You really don't.

The hack for 3.70 firmware is ready.

Snatch that shit up. Fuck I might buy some

All the mode 7 games like Yoshi's island run really slow and the sound is all messed up.

It's a better console than 3DS with a couple of good gems on it that unfortunately never lived up to its potential due to atrocious marketing in the West which in turn resulted in a lack of support. Did well enough in Japan at least.

I haven't turned mine on in 2 years, so not much.

I would like mine more if I could get the sd2vita adapter working on my micro sd card so I don't have to purchase those overpriced sony memory cards.

>tell me which games you're having problems with.
I couldn't even get the first Battle Network game to fucking run using the first GBA core (forget what it's called, the one that's not vgba or whatever)

Gives me some bullshit about how there's nothing in port 0. Unfortunately the VBA or whatever it's called core doesn't run this game worth a horse fuck

I bought a 3.68. Is it easy to hack it? I have no idea about hacking stuff or which programs I need

.Currently on my non hacked vita mem card.
Guacamelee!
Child of light
Castlevania DXC
Final Fantasy: 1, 2, 4, 6
God of War Ghost of Spart and Chains of Olympius
Resogun
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon
Arkham Origins Blackgate
Terraria
Salt and Sanctuary
Lumines
Persona 4 Golden
Slain!
Gravity Rush
Little Big Planet
Neon Chrome
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Chrono Trigger
Sound Shapes
OlliOlli 1 2
Nidhogg
Spelunky
Star Wars the Force Unleashed
Proteus
Don't Starve
Wipeout 2048
Super Meat Boy
Dragons Crown
soul Calibur
Swappper
Dead Nation
Monster Hunter FU
Muramasa Rebirth

You might just need a new adapter, I heard they have a high defect rate. Luckily they're like $5 or less on Ebay

You used the Vita hacking guide right?

has to be 3.6 or lower last I knew when I hacked my 2nd one. Supposedly, they will release a hack after final firmware release.

I sold it, didn't have any use for it at all

You're in the clear, I'm running 3.68 and h-encore works like a dream.
Its a softmod or whatever you call it so you have to "rerun" the hack everytime you boot the system, but thats literally as simple as pressing a button in the same way you'd launch any game.

Retardproof guide: vita.hacks.guide/get-started

Even if you don't think you want one now, its 200% worth it to get an sd2vita and use that instead of the proprietary memory cards. If you have a phat, then you will need a memory card to hack, but just get the smallest size.

>playing the psx version of FF4/6 and Chrono Trigger
user what the fuck are you doing, just hack the thing and use emulation.

Thank you for the information mate, I bought it second hand with a sd2vita included. Thank you for the link as well.

Dude, Sony were the first ones to declare its death. The only support it has got since 2015 is by the way of indies.

fun neptunia machine

fuck welcome park and fuck sony

I love it for all the translated otome vns. Now I've moved to Switch since that is where most otome are going now.

Attached: 2015-11-03-202435.jpg (960x544, 143K)

kind of want one but those memory card prices put me off everytime

I have a 2nd hacked one.....and I own them on NES, which I still have from childhood.

Kill one mercenary was fun. It’s a little short but fun.

meant SNES

I was playing that, I own it, but deleted it for uncharted recently, both games are like 3 gigs.

Not the guy you replied to but I'm interested in those hidden gems you mention.
I'd like to use my Vita to play some actual Vita games too instead of just emulators, PSP and PSX.

The most underrated handheld of all time, hands down.

No such thing, don't trust vitafags, the catalog is full of vn and weeb garbage.

Nintendo killing the DS and Wii servers makes me worried there's going to be a day where I can't go online and play Freedom Wars

Do Sony do that? Did the PSP even have online play?

I'm also an otomefag. I'm not sure of moving to the Switch until there are actually a good amount of games on it I want to play though.

If you can’t jailbreak it with the content manager/dns method, just use the qcma/offline installer method instead.

Yea there aren't quite as many good otome out right now as on Vita and it is mostly from D3D currently. I think in a year it will be near the same level and more translations start coming out. I've already bought C:R 3 times, but I would totally buy it again if Aksys localized the switch version.

Attached: 70138204_p0_master1200.jpg (1200x708, 762K)

Have one, hacked it years ago, but I'm way too lazy to update the hack so I can use SD2Vita and get more games on it, 16 gb card sucks when games are like 3+ gb each, I haven't touched the thing in months.
The problem is I don't even know what to put on it.

Attached: 1525578142759 2.jpg (1018x1024, 79K)

Does it still take up 3 gigs if you own it physical? No right? I’m the opposite of tech savvy sorry for the dumb question

no bully belle

>Persona 1-4 Golden
>Little Big Planet
>Hotline Miami 1 (and to a lesser degree 2)
>Katamari Damacy
>Dragon's Crown
>VALL-HALLA
>Danganronpa
>All the PSP games
>Retroarch works fine for me playing psx and gba. No real N64 support

The single imperfection it has as far as I'm concerned is the memory cards. I take this fucker everywhere with me and I've only had it for a few months. It's criminally underrated

not him but
>Soul Sacrifice Delta
>Phantasy Star Nova
>Freedom Wars
granted they're all mh clones, but if you only have the time for one, go with SSD as that's the best Vita exclusive
there's also P4G if you're into weeb shit and Killzone Mercenary if you're into good modern shooters

It doesn't, it takes up about 50 mb to store the game data.

best handheld, bought one recently
even had luck with the firmware

Is overclocking it worth it? I found some games to be unbearably laggy.

The PSP was mostly limited to LAN play, but Little Big Planet had downloadable levels

Utawarerumono MoD
It's still a blast

Attached: 2019-03-05-015557.jpg (960x544, 124K)

10% performance boost. it will help with slight stutter but it's not a fix all.

I love it. Also really easy for piracy, since the equivalent of freeshop still works there (as far as I know).
>have hacked Vita with 200gb sd card
>it's almost full

>>it's almost full
full of vn and weeb garbage, yikes.

Source.