Gears of War

Why is this franchise dead?

Even Halo isn't in as bad of a state.

Attached: 1535586204619.jpg (1400x875, 434K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pHcfxW-4zQI
youtu.be/trOiSsnRWUc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why? Because it should've ended after 3.

The devs were committed to ruining the best parts because they fluked the first and thought they knew better.

Game was pretty gay

Just like Halo

Just because you fantasizing about naked Fenix putting cock in your ass doesnt mean that game is gay

>used to co-op GoW3 with buddy
>to this day we yell "MARIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" "DOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM" at each other

Let’s be fair it was never any good to begin with.

who's best girl?

Attached: gow-sofia-sam-anya.jpg (2040x1061, 990K)

>create a studio to a specific existing franchise
>they fuck it up at every opportunity
How do they do it? Especially talking about 343 here.

WHERE"S

New one's still coming out, ding-dong.

Four ended pretty absurdly fast - even when I knew it was coming thanks to my friend, I was still surprised at how abrupt it was.

I still think GOW is one of the top-tier coop-shooters out there because of how casual it can be, though. Same friend and I have played each and every single one in coop, other than Judgement. 3 is still kino multiplayer, though.

THE RESONATOR

Sam easily

I dread to imagine what kind of females Epic would put into a Gears game is they still had control of the IP

They made nothing but pure waifus in the past

It existed at the same time as CoD MW

Go back to your wheelchair Hoffman

Correct

Incorrect

Here are all the problems

>Main campaign is unironically soulless, and the devs are so unconfident in their new characters that they repeatedly dredge up the wrinkled old men/women of the old cast to try and salvage your interest
>New humans are lame ass faggots: beef mclargehuge who is a generic daddy issues guy, a san fran beanie wearing bland white bread bitch voiced by laura bailey doing her laura bailey voice, and black guy
>New enemy types are just crystal locust with none of the personality, lore, or differing voice lines, and mechanical mixups that the locust castes brought to every fight
>None of the characters have any funny lines or banter with each other like the delta squad did
>Sequel is stronk womyn focused with the most boring vanilla girl in the series, san fran beanie girl

As for multiplayer
>Devs are so shit at balance that they remove the hammerburst and retro lancer from the default loadout because spics who can't see any weapon but the gnasher constantly got blown away by them, both groups fail to realize both weapons were designed to counter braindead gnasher charges
>Lootbox card bullshit instead of tiered unlockables
>blatant spic pandering with ugly luchador skins and downright fucking nasty meme skins
>female characters removed of all sexualization
>New maps are so garbage that they re-release the Gears 3 maps, aka the peak of the series map design
>Old maps from Gears 3 and 2 lack environmental hazards because faggot ass esports dipshits threw a fit over unfair randomization

Attached: 1465062687648.jpg (317x427, 33K)

Sam > Anya > Alicia > Sofia = Alex

Sam best girl

Glad Baird hooked up with her, pretty sure he was a virgin until the end of 3

Because it was never good.

Halo had many stories to tell, this was just a one-track pony.

>Baird and Sam get together in the lore
>None of the nu-characters are a brown, foul-mouthed aussie tomgirl engineer who routinely talks shit to everyone around her for being dumber

Missed opportunity of the fucking century

3 was literally the peak.

>No Sam gf to mount your bloody beef mchuge body in the shower after your squad pushes back a Locust assault on the base

baird is so fucking lucky

Attached: samantha.png (540x1024, 919K)

WE ARE THE GEARS OF WAR

youtu.be/pHcfxW-4zQI

Glad to see so many people in this thread who know that Sam is bestgirl. Any character played by Claudia Black is awesome to be fair.

it was never very good and the novelty wore off.

Wasn’t Hoffman banging the other Aussie lady with dreads?

Anya was kinda qt.

>Still using Unreal and being forced to give Epic a cut of the profit
>Killing Anya off screen
>Making the new Carmine a random jobber who dies in a stupid way
>Making Kait act like a whiny bitch too often
>Going full JUST with the designs for 5
>Changing the title of the franchise purely so they can market shitty side games
>No remake for the 10 year anniversary of 2
The people running this franchise are fucking retarded. Just let it die

Attached: finger.gif (300x225, 1.91M)

Gears of War 4 is a lot of fun though and it plays close to Gears 3. The only negative I can think of is that they got rid of the Salt-Off and the Loot Box shit.

This. I played the first one and thought it was forgettable.

Bernie, and yes.

Every Gears girl pre-coalition is top tier. The only arguable weak link is Sofia but she has the best brapper in the series

Stop reminding me about the Carmine family's descent into soi when Clayton was the peak of human performance.

Attached: brapper.png (270x470, 235K)

Anthony and Benjamin were pretty soi though

Revealing the next game with some crying woman killed any interest I had with it. I played and enjoyed 1 to 3.

>Loyal soldiers who fought for humanity without hesitation
>Still had empathy for their fellow man, leaving a lasting impact on most of Delta to the point where they spend the entire game worrying about Clayton dying
>None of them whine or run from battle, Ben is the only one who doesn't die heroically but even then melting in a GIANT WORM is fucking badass

They were arguably incompetent but inarguably not soi.

They fucked up with 4 badly what’s the point of new characters if they suddenly brought the old ones back

The worse part of 4 is they made us fight robots for too long.

I liked 4

Would have been better if it was just JD and Marcus

The fat spic, coon and annoying cunt almost ruined it for me

Attached: 1536067150328.jpg (2560x1440, 2.42M)

That was quite the bore.

>tfw you find out JDs full name is James “Dominic” Fenix

Attached: D7F6E7FE-EC4A-46E7-B66D-1CC5C84105E8.png (480x480, 607K)

Myrrah

>DUDE REMEMBER CHAINSAW GUNS? IT WAS A METAPHOR FOR THE IRAQ WAR AND OIL AND POOPY HEAD BUSH

Attached: 1504640628624.jpg (728x836, 149K)

>"DOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM" at each other
me and my bro still do that too :)

>tfw your multiplayer character didn't make it into 4.

Attached: 0rsi4wr8jn511.jpg (741x911, 72K)

>left right before Fortnite became big

JUST

is 4 couch splitscreen?

Best COG comin through

Attached: 82342FDD-A343-4E0B-B65C-3E7C5D088EEE.png (1224x2370, 2.2M)

Fuck it, posting my fanfiction tier premise for Gears 4

>Main cast are the kids of the old again, with changes
>Kait is gone
>Del is gone
>New girl is Baird and Sam's brown foul-mouthed mechanic daughter, is the one who drags JD on excursions into the wild for Locust War/Pendulum War tech
>New guy is Bernie and Hoffman's son, uptight asshole, career military guy in the new government who is torn between his career and still being friends with the other two
>Fourth guy is Marcus because everyone wants him
>JD is re-written as a hothead hype guy like Cole was, he becomes more disciplined over the game and ends up being the guy who's always supporting the group
>Campaign is the same only bring back all the old locust and mutate them to have more versatility and gimmicks
>main villain turns out to be the human descendant of myrrah

But it isnt

he mentions fortnite in every other tweet, like he has something to do with it

Yes

Thought they were cool, but they were pretty big jobbers too.

>story
any new gameplay ideas?

He had good voice lines

Anyone who wears a helmet and isn't Clayton is a jobber.

huh. I heard horde mode was no longer split

What I don’t understand with 5 is how they turned JD into the typical gears meat head yet the game is not about him

He looks absolutely FUCKED in 5

The gameplay peaked with 3, all they can do is re-add the enemy variety.

Shocking, TC didn't majorly fuck up the multiplayer. It's literally just 3, but they balanced the active reload system. What fucks it up is losing half the weapons and having no loadout options beyond the shitty smg.

They ruined the weapon balancing with core tuning bullshit and the movement is worse than 3s.

WE GONNA WHOOP YO MAMAS ASSS

WOOOOO

youtu.be/trOiSsnRWUc

I have a new gameplay idea.

Gears of War - Battle Royal.
Two teams of 50 players each on a large map, with iconic multiplayer locations built into it.
It's COG vs Locusts, with the 50 on the COG being the generic soldier and the Locust side having basic drones.
If a player is "on fire", they are promoted to there multiplayer character of choice (ie, you get Marcus if your COG, get RAAM if you're Locust).
When 10 people remain, you are forced to meet up at one of the designated map sections, like.. River, for example, and it becomes a 5v5 Execution match.

>mfw retards call Cole a racist caricature for whooping and being happy and always supporting his friends like a fucking JRPG hero

Attached: bat.png (211x208, 113K)

Because it was boring, dull, stupid, storygame garbage that never should have been a fucking videogame in the first place.

Screw you, faggot, these games were the shit when I was a teen.

it’s so sad Microsoft face 2 of thier best IPs to two bit developers while the original devs fuck off to some new shit.

Epic will now be more remembered for fortnite than Gears of war

I love Cole
t. Black dude

>Bix Nood

/thread, I realized this after I finished Gears 2.

And Bungie is currently in a never ending JUStathon

patrician. marcus should have stabbed her with his dick instead of his knife at the end and hate raped her for dom

Never played gears (except dicking around in horde mode with my friend), is it worth playing the gears collection? or is it not true to the originals and it's better off playing them on the 360?

>Why is this franchise dead?
Cover shooters were a last-gen fad.

Like every fads, they passed/

>tomgirl

>mfw I play Gears 4 on PC and regularly get hatemail for dabbing on consoletards with the Enforcer
You can buy it for like €4 off CDkeys now, well worth it if you just want some multiplayer

Attached: 1544366065200.gif (360x414, 2M)

Her voice was bonerfuel for me

>teen
Explains everything, really.

Love the brainwashing of kids to make them think shitty style-over-substance garbage games are somehow good.

That honestly is a pretty cool idea

I tried to enjoy Gears 4 but the multiplayer community is infested with Mexican faggots who either use the fat luchador guy or the sideshaved cunt. Nobody uses a mic, and every time you win you'll get a message in spanish calling you a puta.

One time one of those faggots literally invited me to a party mid-game just to seethe in voice chat. These are the people the new devs pander to.

>killed anya off screen
what

Just what I was about to say, glad I didn't play this shit in my teens years, zoomers.

She's dead in 4

>Not wanting a qt tomgirl soldier in the game.

Were they also Dragon ball fans by any chance?

>tomgirl vs tomboy
nigga you so gay

Ended on a high being 3.
Judgement was a steaming pile of shit
4 was good at first but then it became too loot crate focused.

Oh fuck I'm retarded I meant tomboy

I really liked 4, it felt really smooth and the loot boxes where the most fair iteration of the shit I've ever seen since scrap was so easy to accumulate

too late nigga

Attached: IF0yE.jpg (800x450, 25K)

DELETE THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW

Attached: 1514412500843.png (950x878, 1.48M)

this, 3 games and then making remakes for the next generation

Think of it like this, even. Maybe a smaller overall world map, but as time progresses, the Locust can upgrade into Boomers, Kantus, etc, and the COG can get better and better weapons. So, I guess it could end up being a cross between Beast Mode and a Battle Royale.

Attached: MeatyMaleInvisiblerail.webm (1280x720, 1.31M)

Based