So..is Gwent a flop or should I give it a try?

So..is Gwent a flop or should I give it a try?
Never played any Witcher games btw. I only watched a polish TV show in 2000s.

gameplanet.co.nz/news/g5c7ec8fe4d963/CD-Projekt-Red-reveals-first-Gwent-expansion/

Attached: 83f9fec109afdccda8dd32af4383e75c.jpg (645x365, 75K)

Its a flop

Its been nearly a year with no new content. Most of the playerbase already jumped ship and most of the meta decks are the most boring shit ive ever seen, anything creative doesn't really work in this game

not on steam nor cellphones

Gwent is really an unfortunate situation.
>gibs me a Gwent game!
>okay, here's your Gwent game
>WHAT THE FUCK THIS SHIT IS GAY I SAID I WANTED A GWENT GAME, NOT A GWENT GAME

Attached: 1549231261143.jpg (500x373, 17K)

oof

I can't really explain why, but I loved witcher 3's in-game gwent and absolutely hated the standalone game. I think it might be the difference in how yo obtain the cards that ruined it for me

You people don't know what you want!
This was the last time I asked the community anything!
Fuck you!

I haven't tried Thronebreaker yet, but it might be more of what I hoped for from a Gwent stand-alone game. Although from what I hear, it played almost more like a puzzle game than a card game, which also doesn't sound great

I really liked Thronebreaker. I recommend it.

It's much more like the event challenges that Gwent used to have, which were definitely more like puzzles than anything. But the game itself is still really good.

>card games
there's your problem

I'll give it a shot then, when I get the time for it. Thanks for the input, anons

Pazaak in KOTOR was bretty good.

I didn't like standalone gwent at all but I found Thronebreaker and TW3 Gwent fun

I really liked the standalone gwent when I first started playing it, but it just started spiraling out of control from the Midwinter update, and the Homecoming just turned it into a completely different beast. The latest patches they've been doing seem to fixing some of the QoL issues I had but it's just hard to go back to it, especially when they completely scrapped my two favorite archetypes.

Gwent is just a side project for CDPR to mess around with online functions and get comfortable with them without throwing their reputation down the drain as is the case with Fallout 76.
They'll use the knowledge for future IPs who might use online play.

Attached: 1551692555692.jpg (1024x689, 210K)

It was good pre-midwinter, then they fucked it up, then they made gwent 2.0 which removed most of the old mechanics in favour of rng fiesta and orders.

Thronebreaker's gameplay is basically
>30% puzzle where your deck is limited, and the goal is to play the cards in the correct order to win
>60% single-round match where you use your "own" deck, however while you can build your deck relatively how you want the game's plot will sometimes take out cards permanently, and your cards are based on your faction, so it's all Northern kingdoms
>10% three-round battles

It's ok but nothing amazing

Cyberpunk 2077 announcement when?

If we go by Witcher 3's release, they showed the demo at E3 2014 and released it the following year.
I think CDPR is coming to this year's E3 and they'll most likely show some more gameplay for Cyberpunk so I'd say around late summer 2020 or so for release date.

I got a lot of money frozen in CDPR shares. I hope they get their shit together.