Now that the dust has settled, Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

Now that the dust has settled, Rock Band or Guitar Hero?

Attached: gh.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vjDvIvd-uFE
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13B823ukxdVMocowo1s5XnT3tzciOfruhUVePENKc01o/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0
clone-hero.fandom.com/wiki/Compatible_Controllers
projectnotehitter.com/2019/01/11/dev-blog-3.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Guitar Freaks

guitar hero. clicky > squishy

Guitar Hero is slightly more satisfying. The circles and clicking just feel better for me.

Rock Band has a lot of good songs though.

Rock band had the better games but guitar hero had better guitar controllers

crazy how rock music is dead now in the year of our lord 2019 A.D.

I liked that guitar hero had six buttons instead of four, but there's a sweet spot in the middle ater the first few but before the most recent ones where the games peaked. Also aside from the shitty build quality of the drumset from world tour, GH had the far superior drum set

rock band with a guitar hero controller

The games became casual trash after 2, gh3 was the beginning of the end

You say this as if Guitar Hero consisted of 2000’s music only. It didn’t. In fact, those games revitalized Aerosmith, Metallica, Nirvana, Queen, etc for a new generation. Even the 2000’s bands that were featured, they weren’t on the radio.

Rock Band, because of more accurate charts and tighter timing windows.
Singing was also more accurate, for those maniacs who actually wanted to do that.

Guitar hero by far was more aesthetic
Also better songs

AUDIOSURF BABY!

Attached: Audiosurf-2.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

The thinking man's choice.

DJ Hero

Guitar Hero

Better controllers, better on-disc setlists, better charts, plus the music-making tools in WT were pretty dope. Rock Band did better DLC, but the equipment was always garbage and the timing windows felt like shit (inb4 casual, I've been playing guitar for 15 years and the real thing is far closer to GH's timing).

Shame that RB4/GHL more or less died on arrival.

Guitar Freaks was and is hot garbage
Drum Mania is amazing though, killing off Pro Drums was a mistake

Rock Band had better post-release support and better instruments overtime, whereas the GH controllers only got worse after GH3.
GH was better in every other aspect though. On disc tracks, timing windows, animations, character creator, etc...

Rock Band 2 was the best game out of both series however

GH3:Legends of Rock and Minecraft were all I played in high school. It was like coming out of a gaming coma when I got into college and picked up an old ps3

I say Rock Revolution, the true patrician's choice youtube.com/watch?v=vjDvIvd-uFE

Audiosurf is just a shitty visualizer for your own music
Rock Band/Guitar Hero is an actual rhythm game

Rock failed to innovate and it paid the price.
The genre had been around for 30 years in the 2000s and at some point all the songs really do sound the same.

It actually is as collecting every note perfectly and dodging every bad node may result in a worse score than consistently filling the board.

This

Rock Band with this drum kit. I am confident I could beat anyone on Yea Forums.

Attached: images.jpg (568x540, 26K)

any music game that relies on algorithmic level design instead of actual content is either shitty or only uses the music as window dressing

Which was the best Guitar Hero ever?

As a whole? GH2
For everything except the setlist? GH5
GH3 is overrated

Gh2 and Metallica if that was your jam

I prefer Rock Band. Harmonix found a good level of difficulty in Guitar Hero 2 and stuck with it into Rock Band. On Expert in Rock Band it always feels like I'm playing what I'm hearing in the song and the challenge comes from the song itself being more complex.

For Guitar Hero 3 and 4, however, Activision decided that since GH2 was harder than GH1 then every entry must necessarily be more difficult than the last. They do this by jamming as many buttons into the track as they can and filling every song with ridiculous power chords. As a result, what I'm playing and what I'm hearing don't line up as well and it just feels difficult for the sake of difficulty. I don't like that at all.

You can tell that GH1-2 and Rock Band were made by passionate musicians trying to bring the feeling of playing instruments into video games for non-musicians to enjoy, whereas it's clear that GH3-4 were made by non-musicians who just work on video games, directed by corporate suits trying to appeal to their market research; There's no passion for the actual material coming from Activision like there is from Harmonix.

Rock Band has The Beatles, so I go for that

>below 100 IQ
You are correct when you call those games true rythm games and calling Audiosurf out for not being one. The thing is, Audosurf is much more complicated, while those games are exactly what rythm games are - pure reflexes without second thought to cross one's mind.
And all of those are nothing more but interractive visualizers.

>I am confident I could beat anyone on Yea Forums.
I can play real instruments including drums so I doubt it you fucking nerd

FPBP

Guotar hero before guitars became mandatory.

Guitar hero 2. Had quite interesting songs in that game.

Attached: 5770be9179ebf4c612169c497edf88ff9406c403.jpg (700x700, 102K)

Rock Band 3 with GH2/3 guitars and MIDI drums/keyboards was the peak.

Rockband was the way better game by a mile
Guitar Hero had better guitars tho

GH3 les paul controller was my fav.
I gotta say Rock band was a better game, introduced many much better things.
The charts since GH3 started to become nonsense.

Guitar Hero peaked at 2. Guitar Hero 3 is passable, everything to come after is hot trash.

Rock Band 3 is probably the best game to come out of this fad, but criminally underperformed thanks to an oversaturated market. (Based Activision)

3 hands down was the best in the series
The boss fights were hype as fuck

>mfw I finallly beat The Devil went down to georgia on expert

Attached: 19992.jpg (612x612, 74K)

Literally just realised that these were two separate games

Are you implying procedural generation of those levels is not govern by notes of the melody? If not, maybe, your point is that GH and RB games has levels that are not governed by it?

yeah I don't need to debate this.

I liked gh metallica though does that make me a turbocasual

Unironically this

guitar hero was created by harmonix
then they got bought and created Rock Band
Rock Band is basically the best Guitar Hero available by the original creators of guitar hero

Guitar Hero was actually better as a game by 5 but Rock Band obviously had the soundtrack and that's what ultimately matters.

that just means that the gh games were more arcadey

>yfw you realize a cheap second hand guitar costs less than the video game and if you put the same amount of hours into it you'd actually be good by then

In case you didn't know, there's Clone Hero, which has all RB/GH songs and more
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13B823ukxdVMocowo1s5XnT3tzciOfruhUVePENKc01o/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0
And you can use the controllers
clone-hero.fandom.com/wiki/Compatible_Controllers

they went balls deep with the boomer crowd

Attached: file.png (432x558, 406K)

Guitar Hero easily.
But 90% of that reason is because Clone Hero uses Guitar Hero's style and not Rock band's, and Clone Hero is the only one that's actually relevant at this point.

Guitar Hero was the better game and their peripherals were better. Rock Band had much larger and varied music selections though and the multiplayer gimmick of having a full band was neat. Ultimately, I'm just glad they stopped spamming 2 or 3 of each of these games every year, it was nauseating seeing them clogging up stores everywhere. I don't know who kept buying them, I bought like one of each and that was enough for me.

As an aside, Rocksmith is best and DJ Hero was pretty cool too and had a great tracklist of mashups.

Rock Band 2 way the peak of the two. Excellent playlist and great customization options. I played every day after high school for hours. I remember great times playing at parties with people I never knew.

The DLC support was excellent too. I remember going on the official RB forums every tuesday waiting to see what new songs were going to be released. Probably spent around $300 worth of songs and packs.

I also liked how you can import songs from other titles for either a small fee or for free.

Nostalgia for me hard and I bought the Full Band Set for RB4. I only played it for a two sessions before I gave up and sold it to a mom for her kids birthday. I grew out of it, like most people had. The setlist didn't impress me and many of the customization options were gone .

Open source DJ Hero when?

DJMax

That arguement doesn't really work when you factor in that Rock Band was also pretty arcadey.

>He doesn't play guitar also
Got one signed by KORN too

Attached: 20171201_194547.jpg (4032x3024, 3.56M)

>notes of the melody
nope, every algorithm based music game ive played fails to isolate the melody and mixes multiple instruments together instead. the levels end up confusing and only effective at following the general mood/pace of the song. maybe the algorithmic approach would work better with individual song stems per instrument, but anyone who goes that far is already designing their own levels.

A (You) is all I wanted. Thanks.

Doesn't that game use air drums?

Clone hero is the best because you can play all of them.

Guitar hero guitars

projectnotehitter.com/2019/01/11/dev-blog-3.html

>Work inna Round1
>Kids swipe and walk away from gitadora 7 times an hour
>Can play all i want in the name of "I/O testing"
>Still suck balls because i don't invest time into it like i do max tune and DDR
Harmonix sunk the genre in the west the second they diddn't give a hit accuracy score. Huge blunder.

I even remember riding my bike up to the mall to pick up my GH1 pre-order and having to ask someone for their phone so i could call my dad, because the package was too big for my bicycle. I was so bummed out when i played it, and it was all music i already knew rather than a ton of songs i've never heard before like you'd get in a pop'n or an iidx. It was all dadrock shit. No flamenco, no metal, no synthrock outside of that awfull freezerpop shit.

Attached: 1551436914030.jpg (443x455, 40K)

That was Powergig and it was even worse

guitar hero alone, rock band with friends

GUITAR BAND

>RB have much better song selection due dlcs, timing window and charting except drums, but the games were pretty basic and lacked some wow factor.
>GH have much better presentation and on disk setlists also double bass support and superior controllers.

Both have pros and cons.

Attached: 1543796926765.png (112x128, 34K)

Pop rock is dead but genres never truly die

Shit since they removed the YouTube feature

Outside of double bass songs Rock Band 3 has better drum charts with pro drums.

Who else is listening to this in 2019? :) I wish I was born earlier, my generation doesn't understand good music :)
(you)

I guess so, but it does a disservice to a rhythm game to be like that. When the notes on the track stop matching the notes you hear then it's no longer a good music game. At that point you're just memorizing an arbitrary list of button presses while some tangentially-related music plays in the background. Harmonix was way better than Activision at really creating the feeling of playing the music you're hearing, which makes the experience better because familiarity with the song itself can actually help you play the game better.

Rock Band 2 with the Xplorer guitar is the patricians choice, prove me wrong.

Neither. I'm so glad this fucking obnoxious faggot fad died out.

Rock smith

The GH3 les paul has a better select button but the neck can be bad and might need a mod to fix it

>that kid that couldn't handle hyperspeed/breakneck speed and called it cheating