Name me a better redemption arc

Name me a better redemption arc.

Bring Monster Hunter to actual hardware, it becomes the best selling Monster Hunter/CAPCOM game, OF ALL TIME.

Resident Evil 2 is being called the greatest remake of all time, and has set the bar for how you remaster/remake a video game, selling millions and is the literal goat.

Megaman was okayish, but defo a step forward, and a very good step in something to come, making something new, but keeping the best from the old.

DMC 5 just came out, and it's getting stellar reviews and killing it already.

How the fuck, are they doing it?

Attached: Capcom_logo-thumb1-2060x806.jpg (2060x806, 131K)

Attached: 1522463910574.png (1920x1079, 1.88M)

Nigga Megaman 11 is a 10/10, what the fuck are you talking about.

>Dead Rising 4
>Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
>Street Fighter V
>not a single new IP
I know you're horny because DMCV turned out great but give this situation some more time to play out.
DMCV and RE2make were both the result of years and years of development time, lightning isn't going to strike thrice so soon.

didn't dmc4 come out like 5 years ago

DR4* kek my bad

December of 2016.
2 years and 3 months.

How many hits do you need to be seen as a comeback? fucking hell two seems pretty good, especially because one of them is their biggest of all time

Sure it's a great time, I'm simply asking to exercise caution.
Going by the development periods of these games, it'd take a minimum of 4 years to have another year of great releases, and in the time between them we'd just get a bunch of filler garbage and Old Game Collection #7.

By making good video games and not some cinematic experience bullshit

>"brought MH to actual hardware"
>average of 25 and 27 FPS on original Xbone and PS4 systems

>make sequels and remakes like you've always done
>CRAPCOM IS ABSOLUTELY BASED

happens every few years
if you paid atention to capcom you would know that

Attached: Capcom Circle.jpg (800x600, 72K)

>mention Monster Hunter
>instant consolewar shitposter
I hate you people.

He probably meant PC

>Megaman was okayish
Fuck off

>He's still trying to push his "cycle" shit
Give it up.

I grew up with good Capcom, then bad Capcom lasted a generation, and now good Capcom has come back. I don't recall them being bad before that, especially since DLC didn't exist before they started being bad in 360/PS3 era. Something happening once isn't a cycle.

Attached: 1549335192409.jpg (433x427, 86K)

SEGA.
They burned to the fucking ground, taking all their properties with them.
But today they're one of the very best publishers around, while still producing their own titles and their own properties to this day. While keeping a surprising number of classic franchises alive as well.

He clearly said actual hardware not consoles, silly

>While keeping a surprising number of classic franchises alive as well.
Like?

They're dead to me until I get a Super Monkey Ball game that takes advantage of the Switch's gyro controls.

Sega is like only Yakuza right now.

mhw is westernised, casualised crap
re2 is boring rehash
megaman is soulless shit
dmc5 is single player game with microtransactions

SFV is pretty good. A better sequel than something like MHW desu.

>the result of years and years of development time, lightning isn't going to strike thrice so soon.
This is literally how all games were made before the era of yearly call of duty and assured games, you fuckin gen z shit
The first God of War was in development for 5 fuckin years or some shit

>Megaman 11 is a 10/10
Not even close. It's not bad but was fairly mundane on so many levels. Only having two true wily stages and having the entire wily fortress share the same theme was pretty pathetic, and the soundtrack as an whole is easily one of the weakest in the series. It also had less content than 9 and 10 which were sold new at a fraction of the price. Then on top of that you have the awkward hit stun, the half baked gear system etc

Again not bad but far from a 10. The closest classic game has come to that is 9 IMO

I don't like that Capcom uses Denuvo.

Looking for the most halfassed nitpicky irrelevant hyperbole shit to bitch about got old years ago
Everytime I see a post like this I know you played and enjoyed those games, you're just trying hard to fit in

I wish I knew what this was going to be

Attached: cap com.png (959x587, 258K)

MH was immune to the cycle, but I'm starting to see signs of hubris with how world is currently being handled.

They'll bring him back from his shallow canadian grave, right?

Attached: Frank west.jpg (878x1580, 255K)

Nigga i agree that they are all FANTASTIC games but what exactly is your defenition of cinematic? Because RE2 is cinematic as all fuck, and a 10/10 game.

A legends 3 reboot would surprise me, but that's because I know it has about as much chance of happening as hell freezing over.

Uh.... yeah?

man i'd love a proper dead rising sequel. no combo weapon bullshit

Dino Crisis, you know this to be true

This, hop off that corporate dick OP

>company gives me exactly what I want
>thats a bad thing
??????

It's the Nintendo connection that leaves me hopeful that might be the case, but still I don't want to get them too high

Attached: 1550520334762.jpg (500x600, 76K)

They definitely got an idea right for SFV. They wanted the maximum of players to play and stay on ONE game without multiple edition bullshit. This was definitely a good idea since the online population of a fighter makes or break it
It's just that they rushed it out. I think Capcom still doesn't give it's devs the time they need. Even for DMC5 you can see it, it's releasing without Turbo mode or bloody palace, and I think RE2 blew it's B route.

Yeah but at least these are not Bionic Commando, Lost Planet 3, DmC, etc. Holy shit those were dark times.

They don't "give" people anything, they charge for it. A good game is just what should be expected from that

Bionic Commando was developed by Grin and it was fine

>>Dead Rising 4
Capcom already killed of Vanqouver studio for that piece of shit
>>Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
You can blame Disney for the mismanagement of that
>>Street Fighter V
got saved with Arcade Edition, besides the fighting game division is restructuring
>>not a single new IP
better to get their shit together with their existing IP's first

>. I think Capcom still doesn't give it's devs the time they need.
I disagree. DMC5 has been "done" since sometime in mid/early 2018. They had plenty of time to work on it
>Even for DMC5 you can see it, it's releasing without Turbo mode or bloody palace
Turbo mode is a hassle and only for the most hardcore fans and Blood Palace is clearly like Ghost Survivors for RE2. Held back so they can get good PR from free DLC.

>redemption arc
What redemption arc? Monster Hunter World was trash and Mega Man was shit. Their fighting Games all suck. RE2 remake was decent. DMC V being good doesn't redeem anything.

ok retard

Let's play a different game, user. I've already played Pedantic Semantics Turbo.

Attached: Brandon Sanderson disgust.png (125x181, 51K)

>The west never experienced the brilliance of Ex Trooper

>Turbo mode is a hassle and only for the most hardcore fan
No dude NO NO NO.
I'm far from being good. The games clearly feels far better on turbo.

You're just an ADHD case. Fine. We'll extend it to hardcore fans and ADHD cases.

>not a single new IP

>nonstop whining that Capcom doesn't give proper attention to their old IPs
>Does exactly that
>whine that they aren't making new IPs
You got a bunch of them last gen and hated most of them. Fuck off already.

There's no such thing as a capcom cycle, stop trying to push your shitty meme. They shat out gold from nes to ps2, fucked up late 360/ps4 to late ps4/xb1 and now are back on track.

I also just walk during most of any resident evil, so it's not that either. The games just feels sluggish without turbo. It's only on turbo that DMC feels as fast as ninja gaiden, for example. It's really obvious when you play both.

But DMC doesn't need or want to be as fast as Ninja Gaiden. DMC is it's own thing. If it was supposed to be played on Turbo, it would be at Turbo speed by default.

why do you keep spamming this you stupid fucking shill

Now we just need them to make a good Marvel vs Capcom game.

Is any one else fucking tired of realistic looking games?

Resident evil 2 was only good to normies, autistic speed runners, and capcom fags. There is nothing good about that game.

I’d post a smug meme but I don’t want to put in more effort for a post than you. That the best you got user?

It's only 20% more speed and feels just right. It's an important option and I won't play without it.

this cycle doesn't make sense
they were only bad for a generation

Power Stone 3 or riot