Nintendo Limiting Micro-transactions

Nintendo Limiting Micro-transactions

>According to The Wall Street Journal, one CyberAgent official (parent company of Dragalia Lost developer, Cygames) has said that "Nintendo is not interested in making a large amount of revenue from a single smartphone game. If we managed the game alone, we would have made a lot more".

How does it feel knowing that Nintendo is entering the mobile market in an attempt to put a leash on all these penny hungry gatcha devs.

Attached: dlost.jpg (924x514, 414K)

Other urls found in this thread:

outline.com/Zu4cBe
youtube.com/watch?v=Ekc_RQdiR5o&index=52&list=PLhZj1m9Pc9iy5qBpWPzQC-laydRuJf9zy
youtu.be/8WN0JnAnASY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Still can't beat FGO.

Based Nintenbro

Good, the rates are already shit enough. Cygames needs that leash to prevent them from going apeshit on it.

They still do amiibos, so I can't give them too much credit.

I want to support Nintendo for this restrained approach to their mobile outings but if I support Dragalia Lost I will be giving more money to CyGames. It doesn't help that these Cyber Agent reps don't even play up some kind of two face PR, they are pretty blunt about wanting all of your money.

When was the last amiibo game? (not counting Ultimate)

damn, imagine being this greedy

>It doesn't help that these Cyber Agent reps don't even play up some kind of two face PR, they are pretty blunt about wanting all of your money.

Honesty is the best policy. Saying it outright saves you the trouble of digging up the minutes from their shareholder meetings where they're legally not allowed to lie or spin.

Is Cygames the worst of the bunch? I remember DeNA was being shat on hard a year ago.

No idea, I don't really keep up. Pretty sure they're still doing them though.

>amiibos
>bad
literally a $12 figurine that gives you an ingame bonus sometimes. The only games that outright require them are mario party (not even the full game, just one mode) and that Animal Crossing Festival game.

Cygames have been tame over the years probably to cover their own ass.

Fucking based

Not really, when was the last time they made an amiibo, its been a long time it seems they are only releasing the few new smash ones to have all fighters covered but they dont care about them otherwise

FGO is one of the worst by far. I mean someone literally borrowed money from Yakuza to fund it, how desperate do you have to be

>Dragalia would've Won if not for Nintendo!

>Horrible rates
>Hardly any content
>The same exact raid content since the very first release for 8 fucking months
>The worst possible grindfest for weapons
>All the content is piss easy except for impossible 2 month attunement hard bosses
Imagine if they made a good gamer instead of nickel and dimeing you to make grinding easier.
The 5* boosting items and 4* dragon stones finally started to become easier to obtain, that is probably Nintendo's doing.

Attached: 1551855383277.jpg (850x1209, 126K)

>literally a $12 figurine that gives you an ingame bonus sometimes.

If it was limited to bonuses, I wouldn't give a shit. It's just that some stuff is locked behind amiibos like outfits and such.

Let me rephrase that. If it was limited to getting stuff early that you can unlock in game, I wouldn't care. It's that some stuff simply can not be gained without an amiibo that makes them bad.

Remember when Amiibos were in limited stock and people were scalping em for high money

Thanks for the Youtube comment humor user.

And that only happened once, so what the fuck is the problem?

If the article is any indication they're not even trying: outline.com/Zu4cBe

>Investors praised Nintendo when the company entered the smartphone game market. But it has a modest goal for the business: ¥100 billion ($895 million) in annual revenue. Some top-ranked games, including Sony Corp.’s “Fate/Grand Order,” generate more than that on their own. In the financial year through March last year, Nintendo earned ¥39.3 billion from smartphone games and other royalty income.

I don't really care for Draglia but I really enjoy the music.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ekc_RQdiR5o&index=52&list=PLhZj1m9Pc9iy5qBpWPzQC-laydRuJf9zy

Once? I remember it in BOTW and Samus Returns at the very least. No idea where else it's showed up.

You act like amiibos actually lock anything substansial, people buy them because they're cool figurines, not because they want to get extra coins in some game

What's the fucking point of making gachashit if you're not gonna squeeze every little possible cent from the whales?

I was referring to BOTW as well, but I don't remember anything for Samus Returns

I remember an article that had CyGames claiming they wanted Dragalia Lost to be their flagship game. I can believe it based on the grinding but Fuck, I've been playing for a week and I'm not feeling any real challenge. No way this can last as long as they wanted.

Glad I abandoned that train wreck 2 weeks in.
Hype was real tho

Also characters like Captain Falcon, Shulk , K.Rool ect. finally have merch

If there's anything I want from D Lost to be put into Smash it's this.

I care when parts of a game are locked behind additional purchases period. Actual DLC developed later on is fine, but I don't like when stuff is yanked out of a game to be sold as DLC and I don't like it when they're locked behind figures either. I don't subscribe to the philosophy "It's okay when Nintendo does it". 12 years ago I didn't like where DLC was headed, every other faggot back then said "It's only 5 bucks u poor?" and look where that got us.

Fusion suit, which I think makes the game harder as well? Not entirely sure about that part, but I know the Fusion suit was amiibo locked.

Ahhh I'm guessing you're one the people who defended horse armor and hundreds of dollars worth of dlc costumes in fighting games

Been playing every single day since day 1
It's fun

It's gacha what the fuck did you expect?

same here senpai

Attached: 3XisuzW.jpg (600x600, 53K)

Because they know the game is on its way out so might as well not even try

There isn't any evidence of anything substantial being "ripped out" of a game to advertise amiibos. BOTW gave you some costumes that all had the same upgrade requirements and set bonus. Mario Party's Amiibo mode was never going to be anything other than an Amiibo mode. Almost every mode that Amiibos unlock (e.g. the black arwing from Star Fox Zero) can be unlocked by playing the fucking game, even the Fusion mode another user listed earlier in the thread. Amiibos are completely inoffensive, and your paranoia isn't going to change that.

I wonder what the contract is between Nintendo and CyGames? It seems clear that CyGames isn't happy but they are not withdrawing their work on Dragalia Lost despite everything. Nintendo must have put in place something to keep CyGames to continue supporting it until the deal expires. I wonder how long.

You seem to know alot bout pits, help me out bro.
I'm in uni and this girl I'm working with in my group is really friendly, we were some of the first to finish. She wore a light jacket but a tank top underneath and when we finished and had basic chatter, she CONSTANTLY stretched back and the pits were in full moon mode. Obviously I noticed it from the side of my eyes cause I'm not trying to stare at her pits.
The problem is she's LEAGUES above me and is super popular as a 9.5/10 and I only have 3-4 circles of friends.
Am I being signaled she just seems like a kind friend I don't want the pits to give me the wrong idea.
help im a dumb sorry for blogposting like a faggot :(

>Nintendo must have put in place something to keep CyGames to continue supporting it until the deal expires. I wonder how long.

Maybe the chance of seeing their game released outside Japan? Cygames is a literal who as far the west is concerned

>shitty in game DLC is the same as a physical item that might give you a bonus in the game you're playing
You may as well have made a cooking analogy.

Pits secrete sexual hormones, so go for it.

Absolutely based, Nintendo is literally and not figuratively saving video games.
There's not a single company in the video game industry that is even close to how fucking based Nintendo is.
Fact.

yet ports on switch cost $60 when they were $20 on other platforms on launch
truly nintendo is our friend

Has a matter of fact, Nintendo has been constantly saving video games since 1983.

If you want Sony to come in this thread then just ask them to.

kys shitposter.

Buying DK Tropical Freeze on the failed WiiU for 20$ is more of a half ass apology than anything else.

>I'm in uni

Go for it. Don't worry about it, you're young, you shouldn't worry about stupid bullshit.

>Nintendo Limiting Micro-transactions
Pocket Camp sufferer here, all I can say is
lolno

>posts FEH
You know that game hasn't had anything new since Tap Battle, right?
>The 5* boosting items and 4* dragon stones finally started to become easier to obtain, that is probably Nintendo's doing.
Wow, and a drone at that.
No, it was Cygames' doing.
If you want a good gacha game go play GBF.

>No, it was Cygames' doing.
Weird how no matter what happens, it never is Nintendo's fault
Guess the bad games they make its someone else's fault and not the Nintendo devs behind it

Samus Returns locked the Fusion difficulty behind it. You could unlock a hard mode after you beat the game but the Fusion difficulty is Amiibo specific, it's basically an Ultra Hard mode.

This is for all legal ownership aside a CyGames game, frankly I'm not sure why Nintendo would want to make a new IP that started off on mobile but so far the Cyber Agent rep is the best we got for who to blame.

>Horrible Rates

The gala that doubles the rate happens literally next week

>Hardly any content

But they just introduced new content less than a week ago

>The same exact raid content since the very first release for 8 fucking months

Ah this is true, but the game has been out for 5 month and not 8

>The worst possible grindfest for weapons

>Auto IO for a week 3 times for a day
>WORST POSSIBLE GRIND EVER

Do you even play mobage game? Dragalia is a drop in the water compared to shit like GBF

>All the content is piss easy except for impossible 2 month attunement hard bosses

The new content introduced was literally aimed at making the player stronger against the super boss so that the super boss would be easier and fighting it is a lot of fun, it's really moronic to complain there's no content while not having done all the content

>Imagine if they made a good gamer instead of nickel and dimeing you to make grinding easier.

T.lucklet who didn't pull valentine hilde

Who gives a fuck about some shitty costume dlc

>Do you even play mobage game?
Why would he? They are all litteral moneygrabs by their devs/publishers. The fact that there are so many anons on Yea Forums that actually play that shit is just sad and pathetic, even for /r9k/ cross-posting standards.

All the music from the game is made by a pop singer called DAOKO and I'm glad I disabled her vocals cause I can't stand her voice

youtu.be/8WN0JnAnASY

>The gala that doubles the rate happens literally next week
Oh boy I can't wait to have my pity rate broken twice as often by a piece of garbage print already powercrept by free ones.

Attached: 1549955015218.gif (607x609, 821K)

Dragali..... Lost.....

>Blue hand

The sad truth is most Yea Forums users got no time to play games and that phones are easy access drugs to keep them with a false sense of validation.

Fuck you she sounds great.

Based nintendo putting subhuman gacha devs on their place.

But sony

Nintendo is going to save gaming just like they did in the 80s.

man fuck pocket camp, I stick with it just for the possibility it might connect to the switch one
the qol stuff is neat but goddamn it's so fucking boring, it lacks any of AC's charm and most of all, lacks custom patterns, the highlight of customization in AC