Has anyone been able to figure out why even Nintendo's silent protagonist have greater character and personality than...

Has anyone been able to figure out why even Nintendo's silent protagonist have greater character and personality than Western protagonist?

Attached: nintendo protag vs west protag.png (3480x2296, 3.17M)

>cherrypicking the post

You are right, but to be fair Link is the only one on here with an actual personality

>kirby
>samus
>fucking luigi
>no personality
(You)

The only game to give samus a personalty was other m and that game was a blunder.

>Kratos
>No personality

wot

Link literally has the least personality of all of them. he's just a self-insert, not that that's a bad thing.

Attached: paart 2 of post.png (1364x1600, 1.97M)

But only Toonlink had personality.

That's what he said yeah, why are you quoting that user

WRPG-kun summoning thread?

>anger is a personality
yikes

>ignoring Rockstar
>ignoring ID Software
how convenient. all their characters are loads more interesting then your happy happy smile smile McDonald’s toys

This is the second half of btw.

see this. I didn't ignore cockstar.

Why isn't Samus pegged as "Slag with no personality who shoots people"?

>Fucking Douk
>No personality

Nigger what? The entire appeal of the character is based on his personality.

>Didn't play the games
Yeah, delusional weeb detected.

What defines "personality" to you?
You belong in a gulag with people who think Marvel movies are the deepest in film history.

how is "female bounty hunter" indicative of personality?

you have clearly never played Duke Nukem. and you’re cherry picked Rockstar blatantly

>I think these boring criminals have personalty
yikes. The only compelling protagonist in a GTA game was Nico.

Attached: gta characters.jpg (768x480, 77K)

Nothing under the Samus and Kirby sections details their personality at all.

>hasn’t played the game
yikes

I have actually. They aren't interesting people.

They speak with their actions.

ask me how I know you’re a weeb

>whole character of duke nukem is that he is a copy pasted 80s action hero uber-patriot on steroids
>this is totally personality, I swear!!

>samus ever having a personality
Woah

>too stupid to understand basic satire

Attached: Duke_Nukem2_sm_1447.jpg (350x337, 37K)

lmao this nintendo fag probably owns a fedora, possibly a furry as well like most Nintendo fags

why are nintendo fags the literal man children of this generation, they're always so socially awkward and cringy

In Breath of the Wild they gave him a nice characterization.

Checkmate

Attached: Geralt-cool.jpg (240x240, 11K)

>satire
Him being a parody does not give him personalty. It makes him even more shallow.

>Why isn't Samus pegged as "Slag with no personality who shoots people"?
Well, Other M exists...

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (400x386, 34K)

>Poland
>Western civilization
Pick one.

>Him being a parody does not give him personalty. It makes him even more shallow.

As opposed to what? All of Nintendo's characters are pop culture pastiches. Donkey Kong is King Kong, Link is a cross between Peter Pan and an elf boy, Samus is a space marine whose gender was literally an ending plot twist, etc.

Duke Nukem 3D in 1996 was in fact one of the earliest games where the protagonist's personality was evident in gameplay, both through Duke's voice, commenting on different gameplay situations and environmental details, as well as gameplay mechanics themselves, such as Duke literally having steroids as a consumable item. I can't recall a single Nintendo game where the protagonist has as much personality.

Attached: 19812821.jpg (600x600, 32K)

I can do this all day long.

Attached: _97073593_uncharted-4_drake-looking_1434547617.jpg (976x549, 50K)

Because the west only writes one character over and over.

Attached: Joel.png (684x1074, 1.37M)

Attached: Defiance-Promotional-Morelok-F.jpg (640x480, 162K)

Kratos has a personality, it's just parodied from GOW 2-3

>eastern europe isnt part of the occident

>link
>personality
haha hehe eh smash pot so FUNNEH xDDD

This generic bald marine is a better protagonist than a super-majority of characters.

Attached: 1551483010846.png (1061x664, 1.04M)

LOL.

Their personality is defined by their actions and they're usually not highly depended on.

If you think the characters in pic related are full of personality you're fucking delusional.

Attached: Completely Insane.png (272x108, 43K)

>Link’s character design having some inspirations from Peter Pan is the same as being a parody of a defunct character archetype of the 1980s
>DK having “Kong” in his name and being a gorllia makes him a parody of King Kong
I considered your points and they were invalid.

>Nintendofags and Japshitters being this delusional
It's ALMOST reaching Scouser level of delusion

Attached: scousers.jpg (300x168, 10K)

As funny as it sounds, left are one of the most annoying and cancerous fan bases in vidya. Literal manchildren that throw a hissy fit if you even criticise their games. I'll take We'll bang okay guy over bing bing wahoo obsessed spics any day now.

edgy

Based

Attached: giphy.gif (492x240, 822K)