Is there a more pro-consumer video game company than Nintendo?

Is there a more pro-consumer video game company than Nintendo?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 11.40.13 AM.png (1274x826, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_64_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#List
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>forces indie developers to sell digital versions of games for same price as their limited physical edition
>$60 ports from 3DS
>dozens of overpriced physical DLCs for every game
>pro-consumer

Every single one of those things is false.

>meanwhile we have $30 online with no voice chat
>350 dollars for a 2010 tablet that can't even run 2005 games
>$60 wii u ports
>free NES ports of games yoyu can download in 2 min if you spend $1000

>buy physical dlc for one game
>it works on ever single game they launch for now on in between multiple generation and systems

yep

yes. every company that doesn't sell $75 anime pngs, for starters.

Attached: 1546143231049.png (1024x695, 780K)

>Bing bing wahoo, now kiss Starfox, Mario! Teehee!
Some real value right here, thanks Nintendo!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

Actually...
$20 per year online
$300 dollars for the console (which currently gives you $35 eshop card, essentially $35 dollars off the price since you will obviously want games
>$60 Wii u ports
Fair enough, that's gay
And I'm not sure what your last point means

>$20 per year online
nintendo should be paying *us* $20/year to use that crap.

>if I say the prices are higher than they actually are it will make my argument even stronger!

>meanwhile we have $30 online with no voice chat
Actually 20 bucks and actually less than 5 dollar if you have a family play making it the cheapest of all 3 big names
>350 dollars for a 2010 tablet that can't even run 2005 games
Actually around 320 with a game and everything else is exgegerated because well modern games are running on Switch
>$60 wii u ports
Nobody bought a Wii U so who cares

thats funny because now f2p people get a few less orbs for completing the march quest shit in feh

>Years old games stay at full price
>Used market is impacted as a result

>sources of the wall street journal
yeah that sounds legit

Bullshit. You still have to spend hundreds of dollars on gacha unless you get lucky, even in nintendo games

$300 Switch's build quality is $260
>ports should cost less
why? The principle of value is that it's based on the highest point in the elastic demand curve, which is $60 for new shit that isnt gonna get a sequel (or at least a sequel that will directly replace it). The cost of games is determined by its perceived value against its own sequels and competitors and how much consumers will pay for it. Not age.
Why do people think that just because a game is old means its price ought to go down?

Probably. Yeah.

Attached: DocWl7mU0AArB0u.jpg (1121x1200, 264K)

This.
>amiibo bullshit is still a thing
>$60 fucking ports
Pro-consumer my fucking ass

This
Even people I know owned a WiiU now own a Switch
Why? Because the WiiU was garbage

yeah, they make people spend less money on FEH with their retarded high prices for orbs that only whales purchase.

I know I would buy orbs if I got 20 orbs per dollar, but thanks to those retarded prices, I haven't spent a single cent on it

Attached: 1545108088757.jpg (509x433, 80K)

That's not how markets work retard. The price of things on the used market follows supply and demand. The reason first party Nintendo games tend to be more expensive is because they're so good that there are few people willing to sell them, thus constraining supply. Nintendo is able to keep prices at $60 for this reason too. The games continue to be in demand for years because they are better than what the competition offers. Meanwhile, Sony has to reduce the price of every game by 60% before it's even a year old because nobody wants to buy them anymore.

I wanna kiss fox on the cheeks.

>introduces artificial scarcity to drive up demand for shitty retro consoles
>announce they're discontinuing retro consoles after 2 years, to maximize profit/prevent any price drops
>won't release any games on any non-nintendo hardware
>sued game genie and pro action replay so that they could make money from their 1-900 tip line
>all of this
>pro consumer
There are no pro-consumer video game companies

ITT: Sonybros jimmies getting rustled HARD

>The reason first party Nintendo games tend to be more expensive is because they're so good that there are few people willing to sell them
Jesus Christ, the fucking delusion here

>sells cardboard
>sells plastic toys with entire game modes locked in them
>sells emulators and roms
>sells 3rd world tier "online service"
>sells more sub-par games instead of nintendo AAA titles
>releases small quantities of everything
>allows scalpers to control the monopoly of sales
Not even Apple is this bad.

But nintendo first party games usually really good, cope.

S E E T H I N G

>nintendo most pro consumer
t. underage zoomer that doesn't remember them trying to stop blockbuster renting out their games

Attached: 1545166153446.gif (256x264, 8K)

CD Projekt Red
Atlus
Valve
Vanillaware

This
HZD GOW and Spider-Man are all legit 20$ at Jewstop meanwhile finding used copies of Mariokart is a bitch and a half
Fucking GameStop

As retarded as OP is.

Well Nintendo's strategy with mobile, as they literally stated before they even had any mobile games out, was to use the games more as advertising to get people interested in the handheld and console games.

So I imagine it'd be counter intuitive, if they want to get people to spend money on their retail games, to try and milk those same people into crippling debt.

>Valve
LMAO
Imagine including the biggest jews in the fucking buisness

>Paid Mods

Attached: 1540318692983.jpg (407x391, 57K)

Yeah

Attached: witcher-3-expansion-pass.jpg (1024x576, 106K)

Imagine being so economically illiterate that you need to make up irrational emotional arguments for things that are easily explained by basic market forces. Leftism on display.

>tranny-loving tripfag
yikes

>Nintendo Corporate talking points
The reason there are so few new/used second hand nintendo games out there is because nintendo has lost every console war since 1996. Thus, few consoles sold and few games for said consoles purchased.

The N64 alone had less than 300 games TOTAL
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_64_games

Nintendo's core problem is greed and marketing to a young audience. Where does that lead? Ask Toys R Us.

If you vc with randos you are a cuck.

I mean there are physical DLC but not dozens per game, it's still pretty scummy though.

>they make this claim
>FEH just removed a ton of F2P orb options

Attached: 1535994782345.jpg (600x675, 51K)

DE already did this years ago with Warframe.

Maybe the phone games will start to move from gacha back to proper premium games like super Mario run.

I think he's Canadian

>Aquamans his favourite
Good taste right there, where's my not shit Aquaman game? At this point I have been waiting so long I would even accept a film tie in.

And yet Nintendo games are usually the best selling games of every generation. Do you have a better explanation as to why supply is so constrained on the used market when there are many times more copies in the world than the best selling Playstation games?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 12.12.46 PM.png (844x1672, 766K)

>10 good game vs 100 mediocre/shit ones

I'll take the 10 thanks.

NOOO WHY DOESN'T NINTENDO WANT MY MONEY?? THAT'S IT, I'M GONNA GO BUY THREE SWITCHES, FUCK EM.

Weeb pandering games don't count because the consumer base that actually spend money on gambling for JPGs of girls are subhuman

Toys R Us got leveraged to cover the debts of other companies in an umbrella, thats not their fault even if they did have some rough years

nintendo considers mobiles the advertisements for their real games, it would make little sense to invest in mobile games that directly compete with your other business unless they want to go full mobile

Paid mods was zenimax and you know it, you should be blaming them for lootboxs.

Toys r us died from having their parent company put them in debt and buying too many force unleashed toys that nobody wanted to buy.

Why are nintendont fanboys the most delusional group of people on earth, making scientologists look completely sane and rational?

Absolute horseshit. FEH has been getting worse and was manipulative horseshit from the start. Same with DL

Attached: 1547379283673.jpg (720x720, 18K)

Feh probably accounts for like 90% of Nintendo's mobile income.

it's called shitposting. nobody gives a fuck about sony or nintendo

The west has no morality because they have become dysgenic and covetous. Like a horde of ugly, stupid and desperate orcs.

Japan is an ethnostate that behaves morally toward other people. The driving force behind this morality is pity.

Ethnic purity allows for acts of altruism. Japan acts kindly not because they have to, not because it's a moral imperative... but because their superiority affords them the opportunity to be genuinely charitable.

>best selling every generation
garbage like GTAV has sold more than every single one of those combined
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#List

>if I call someone delusional I win the argument by default!

>Behaves morally
>Courts are a fucking joke and no effort is ever made to fix it
Hmmmmm.

You don't need courts if everybody behaves morally. Society will police itself.

>Ethnostate yards this delusional
You know the Israel you hate so much is also an ethnostate.

>Thinking Nintendo will sell their games cheap to devalue the premium quality of their IPs

You people really don't know how Nintendo or companies work.

Israel isn't the problem. America's allegiance to it is though.

That a stupid theory filled with logic flaws.

If ethnic purity leads to superiority and that leads to the opportunity to be genuinely charitable, why don't they exempt their own superior race from this charity as they wouldn't need it, due to their superiority?

It's just a positive company image, lack of greed and a little bit japanese honor.

Attached: 5.jpg (453x604, 25K)

you're right, nobody is actually that brainwashed, anyone who defends nintendo as pro-consumer is just being paid to regurgitate nintendo talking points.

Israel protects the thing most devout chistians would have a new crusade over.

>Get a job with Nintendo
>It's "behind closed doors" practices are so anti consumer it burns you out and you quit
>Get another job
>Same shit

I just want to work for a nice company,

Attached: 1516044986100.jpg (1280x1705, 289K)

Nobody says they are pro consumer, just that they are less anti consumer than Sony and Microsoft.

>everyone I don't like is a paid shill!
Still waiting for an actual argument bud.

>I sure do love my tinfoil ha...
Oh wait, we all can tell that you're just shitposting.
Here have a (you), you seem to need it.

people still play games on their mobiles?

thank you for the (you) my fellow shitposter. i have one for you as well.

>Nintendo adjusts smartphone nickle and dime schemes so that players don't have to spend as much
>OMG NINTENDO ARE GODS OF PRO-CONSUMER PRACTICES

>Sony adjusts the price of their big blockbuster games as time goes on
>SNOY GAMES DONT SELL HAVE TO GIVE THEM OUT FOR FREE LMAO

Yea Forumstendogaf never change

Attached: 1535470810422.jpg (397x450, 23K)

DL got ton of QOL updates. You even get a 5* ticket when you start the game now.

No company is pro consumer you goy, theyre pro money.

Yeah, pretty much all of them.

This is the company that prices its digital releases at the same price or higher to (get this) protect retailers. That's basically the collector's edition of anticonsumerism.

>forces indie developers to sell digital versions of games for same price as their limited physical edition
This was already debunked

>Japan
>behaves morally

Oh God the weebism
Japan is one of the most evil countries on Earth

Is Pocket Camp's F2P progression still bullshit?

There isn't pro-consumer company in video game industry.
If you think there is one, that means they are jewing you more eficiently.

that looks like a MiG-21. Is that old-ass plane still in service?

>paid online
>microtransaction of some sort to begin with
Real pro-consumer. Thanks guys.

Nintendo is my daddy and he loves me

Nice multi million dollar companies do not exist, user.
Profits are always first.

Actually redpilled.

The jews fear the samaurai

>making a voluntary trade wherein both parties are made better off is jewry
this is why natsocs are the commie fags of the right.

>Implying profits are inherently not nice
profits reward the productive
they also augment productive capacity
profits drive civilization and generate all of the amazing this we take for granted, you absolute NPC ingrate

YOU SOUND PRETTY POOR TO ME IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY $60 FOR A CLASSIC FROM THE 90'S BUD!!

>Lower price of shit in scamgames
>Sucker in people who spend money in scamgames but don't spend as much as others
>Make more money!
>Retarded fanboy jorno companies report on it
>Look how nice we are.jpeg
>More retards start playing the games because of it
>More people spending money
>MFW it works

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 95K)

Yikes, man. You read too deep into a simple post.
Profits are obviously not inherently bad, but when profits are the one single objective of a multi million media company it leads to shit like season passes, lootboxes/gacha, on disc DLC and to the release of unfinished games.
Cool down, mate. You sound like I said capitalism is the devil or something.

You forget year old games that still sell for $60 while modern games are dropping to $40 after three or four months.

Hmm...

Attached: Oy+vey+im+a+turk++dont+you+see+_cba808b97327812e1e880086cfb1a491.jpg (326x216, 12K)

Yeah, I agree, Nintendo being pro-consumer is false

I’ve already spent 100+ dollarydoos on Dragalia Lost. Why can’t they make it easier to get characters?

Yeah, great games like Other M and Project STEAM

Source? Not that dont believe you

>praising a corporation
literally all they care about is profit, this is a bigger picture decision.

Attached: we_are_sega.jpg (1400x700, 119K)

this might be a dumb question but would this (if true) affect fire emblem heroes? no idea what companies are involved with which.

It makes it sound like they're already """""""adjusted"""""""
Which is surprising, since both FEH and DL both have regular prices on their shit.
The article is fucking bs.

>not buying broken consoles to repair so you can hack them and get FREE GAMES
>Not doing this to a Vita, 3ds, PS4 and switch
You're not a brainlet right user? You actually know something about computers right?
Right?

Attached: 1547328154471.jpg (293x208, 26K)

Does that mean I'll get more orbs in fire emblem?

Attached: 1551722456797.gif (316x320, 3.95M)

Nintendo is always surprising me. What a little crazy company.

Fuck off, Arlo.

I don't wanna be cynical because I still think nintendo is one of the less jewish AAA devs out there but this seems like some PR stunt. I mean they're already making way more cash with paid online. they could easily take a small hit on mobile games to make it seem like they're playing nice. still, the end result is good for the consumer so good job nintendo. keep it up and maybe i'll stop losing faith in you.

maybe

Between the console warriors and the /pol/ shitters, why did I think this thread could be different.

Man I love Nintendo. Truly the best video game company ever and nobody can argue against it.

It's the Yea Forums curse.

>it's okay when Nintendo does it

>Grand Theft Auto V 100,000,000
Jesus, people really buy this garbage. With real money. Goddamn, just end the planet now.

Attached: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (288x499, 24K)

You say it like it's good that they made you drop your console after two years.

It would hace been nice to discuss if there is a way to make profitable mobile games without screwing the public. But no, let's bitch about the Jews and dick measuring contests.

>You say it like it's good that they made you drop your console after two years.
You mean 5 years.

Locking normal dlc behind Happy Meal toys is the one of the most anti-consumer things I've seen in recent years.

bless them. I wish lawmakers will eventually get with the times and clamp the fuck down on such predatory practices by other companies.

You're Not (You), I am.
>bud
You went from 0 to psychotic real quick there bro

Fucking gachashit

>Pro-consumer
>Doesn't release Dragalia Lost in Europe actively blocking consumers
Yeah nah

I agree. Nintendo relies on their good PR to be able to sell games at full price even after years of being released, so they can't afford to devalue themselves like the competition, especially considering how prideful they already are

>paid online with no online improvements, low tick rate servers, no onlone systems in place
>charge out the ass for NES games
>shitbhardware for premium prices aka the Apple model
>No games
>Shit budget allocation to development, still producing ugly games that are not ambitious
>overpriced controllers and separate accessories required, such as low HD space on their recent consoles
>shit discounts and pricing model

Wtf is pro consumer about them? Are Nintendo fans autistic?

i mean to be fair, at least the 75$ guarantees the unit you want. some people spend thousands and don't get what they're looking for.

>Paid Mods
"paid mods" was literally just a merger of steam workshop and steam itself.
developers decide if they want mods to be sellable, modders decide if they want to sell their work, consumers decide if they want to buy.
it was a fine system if you spent more than 30 seconds thinking about it.

>not only their phone and f2p games are extremely accomodating to non paying users

>they also use all the money from mobile games to fund standard full price games with no microtransaction and top of the line development pipelines

Attached: file.png (354x171, 12K)

Nintendo doesn't handle neither Intelligent Systems nor Pokémon so they're the only ones unaffected by Ninty's decisions. I even remember Fire Emblem awakening having dlc before Mario or Zelda, and when the latter had they were like"We're finally doing paid dlc let's hope feel they're paying for something" valuable" despite FE having already done that.

>r63
>tranny
retard

Attached: 1550353085047.jpg (499x674, 88K)

They're still mad for not getting enough money tho. Cygames is literally blaming Nintendo for not being able to monetize the hell out of Dragalia Lost

Technically, no. But they're still not amazing at it. It's just not hard to be as anti-consumer as Sony or MS.

Attached: ITSTNHF500.jpg (488x351, 23K)