Yuji Naka weighs in on live-action Sanic

I feel his pain

Attached: 1551751188393.jpg (587x881, 590K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i4pQGVa_Y-g
youtube.com/watch?v=vsXxtRLWKXE
polljunkie.com/poll/pgntwt/sonic-design
twitter.com/NaotoOhshima
youtube.com/watch?v=G4qMqbL9ACo
youtu.be/jJqY2vKxuFc
youtube.com/watch?v=X8Sgcoa-cdU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1551881138820.jpg (1200x1200, 217K)

Literally why they are not doing a Roger Rabbit instead of at this realistic shit

Dude is the reason why Shadow isn't in Smash, fuck him.

Mr. Mime looks great though

It makes billions, everyone thinks cartoons are too childish now so they want real-life soulless cynical remakes

Literally who

Attached: 0m9LxjOE_400x400.jpg (240x240, 16K)

This.

Holy shit, a meme post that knows the actual horsemen. That's rare.

Wasn't the Incredibles 2 one of the highest profiting movies last year?

Donate your eyes for medical transplant; you clearly aren't using them.

I think there's an element of that, but believe it or not, traditional 2D animation is way harder to animate than 3D. Designing a rig you can animate and move over and over again is easy, hand-drawing or even cheating and using tweening 500,000 frames of animation takes entire teams a lot of hard work... all for a result that most of the world says looks "worse" than 3D models. It's sad - I love 2D animation, but I think it is dying out in the West.

I'm hardly an anime fan, but I deeply appreciate how in Japan, 2D is as strong as ever, it seems, and the tradition of it is still standing up.

I kinda dig Mr. Mime going for the creepy clown thing, but I know not everyone's gonna like it. I do gotta say though, these live-action disney remakes are getting out of hand. I sat through that fucking Beauty and the Beast remake and I shit you not, it was just the same general movie, but somehow worse in just about every aspect.
youtube.com/watch?v=i4pQGVa_Y-g

>War
>Conquest
A bit redundant

Phillistine.

this
in 99% of cases, the prevalence of CGI isn't because of stylistic choice, it's a cost saving tactic and nothing more

Mr Mime was always a creepy fuck.

Attached: Mimes.gif (400x225, 1.88M)

>creator of shit is annoyed his creation is portrayed as shit
Sonicfags are fucking cancerous furries and are brain-damaged.

Creepy is not the issue.

Maybe its the oversaturation of this shit, but for some reason sonic is the least offensive to me. Like we all expected it to be bad and yet there's still worse shit some how.

I would add alita as well

Dumbass.

Mr. Mime is as good as it gets though

What is the issue?

What did i missed?

>Death
Haha oh ;_;

I’m actually more impressed by a lot of the Pokémon adaptations. I still don’t get why they went realistic but a lot of the designs work better than others.

Ludicolo is my favorite from the trailers

I'm totally ok with will smith genie. It's obviously not robin william though, even though they could probably cg something up and use the recorded lines from the original movie.

That it looks like complete shit.

the mime looks hilarious.
and the blue man is only a thing because it's will smith. the elephant looks weird but it's not comparable to sonic.

>conquest
It's pestilence, you fucking philistine.

There seems to be a vast majority of the audience that heavily disagrees.

Those people who liked the older 2D stuff have to compete with both the shit heads of the US and China whose people don’t know any better.

Fucking retard.
Stop getting all of your information from pop culture.

what

also include hordes of toddlers and children who gave up television in favour of android tablets where they can watch peppa pig and those retarded animations of coloured 3d gorillas and minecraft parodies (hopefully Momo kills it and parents will start caring about the quality of cartoons their kids watch)

and thats a good thing.
fuck you adventurefag

Just like the original. What's the issue?

Attached: 1551209919232.gif (300x246, 697K)

Conquest is more common in history
Pestilence has always been a replacement for it, but its not as correct
Its confusing because everybody adds pestilence now

God help us

Attached: 1551891282563.jpg (1011x491, 270K)

Oh good lord

>that dumbo

literally looks like those Cakeinferno animations.
maybe even worse

Attached: 1542030722739.png (758x693, 471K)

Because theres an enormous audience for anything CGI with talking animals in it.

Yeah in that he looks fucking terrifying.

>OMW to contract AIDS!

Pestilence >>> "War but different lol"

Pestilence is just straight wrong. Conquest/victory is what is actually written in the book of revelation.

I'm pretty sure Mary Poppins Returns did that

>Omw to Gekyume’s circumcision

>series that doesn't have a single good game doesn't get a good movie

Attached: 1543492402922.jpg (1920x1080, 690K)

Based pop culture, managing to outdo a bunch of cavemen in terms of originality.

Attached: 1551148942754.png (332x332, 148K)

>opinion
Pestilence isn't a horseman.

They should have just had the studio that does the CGI for the games collaborate with Disney on it and make a fully CGI movie

Attached: fccaaf815e7a8ac3fd132c96bb20962e.jpg (788x831, 48K)

Are you sure about that

Attached: 230px-SonicanimeVHS.jpg (230x345, 29K)

Read the actual text you retard.

>So I looked and saw a white horse, and its rider had a bow. And he was given a crown, and he rode out to overcome and conquer.
Revelation 6:2

based

Attached: omw to gekyume's circumcision.png (1329x735, 1.1M)

Attached: linkara_run.jpg (300x168, 8K)

Neither are conquest, war, or famine. Only death is named while the others are just named by their description.

Attached: C180126D-2B2A-455A-8207-37CCB34BE101.png (1878x911, 1.82M)

Theres more than one version of the book of revelations that's used by Christian churches, majority have conquest, some have pestilence
I wouldn't say pestilence is wrong, just less correct

hell yeah
youtube.com/watch?v=vsXxtRLWKXE

I'm not even claiming its pestilence you retard
Not everything is to the exact specifications to the church you don't attend

>Read the
Stopped reading there.

Because the last roger rabbit was a commercial failure so they wont try it for another 20 years or so

>revelations
>plural
Based retard who thinks he knows anything about Judeo-Christian mythology.

>majority have conquest
You could even say all of them.

>some have pestilence
Not a single translation says pestilence.
Pestilence being a horsemen is a misconception that comes only from pop culture.

Sorry senpai, it's pestilence now.

Good, I don't want to fight the faggot ass edgehog cancer online.

It'll be interesting to see how the Mega Man and FNAF movies adapt their characters.

FNAF has significantly more leeway since ideally, their characters SHOULD be creepy and weird to look at and it'd be a failure if they aren't. Mega Man on the other hand feels like it's going to do the weird Alita CG, and make Rock look's eyes way too cartoony while everyone else is a normal human.

Were the four horsemen the first super sentai team?

>the entire sonic fanbase is united for once in hating this shit
>yuji naka hates this shit
>naoto ohshima, the guy who designed sonic to begin with, hates this shit
>sega hates this shit
>meanwhile, the pokemon community defends detective pikachu
big yikes!

Attached: aipom-1551293613337_1280w.png (1280x720, 874K)

...There's... There's gonna be a megaman movie?

Attached: [Reaction] Concerned Mista.jpg].jpg (658x560, 181K)

Because good taste died with Walt Disney

hollywood somehow made it look even worse than it already did. that's the issue.

>Judeo-Christian
These are two very different religions that focus on different aspects and mythology, for example lilith not being in christianity.
Please don't combine them like some pragerU Israel shill

>what is united church

Could be because creepy fur textures aside their designs and proportions are ACTUALLY ON-FUCKING-MODEL

見たら痛くなるほど醜いよぉ

>retard doesn't read
Color me surprised.

when the former head of team sonic starts bitchin` then you know there's a problem.

Attached: 1539279391195.png (500x459, 193K)

Are there people unironically defending Detective Pikachu? I'm going to see both of these to try and recapture the rush of the SMB movie, but I can't believe anyone thinks either one will actually be good

Probably because Detective Pikachu designs look fine.

Dumb fuck.

>This appearance is supposed to mimic the in-game variant of the R, like the one that made Charizard go berserk.
Though it doesn't change the fact that it looks like fucking ass.

Hollywood's scripts and ideas had been shit for over a decade and now not even the concept artists can get a job done. FFS

what the fuck are you talking about

>live action
>the characters are fully cgi

Attached: 1544890544811.jpg (283x248, 15K)

Sonic is slowly but surely entering an almost renaissance-like post-autism phase. It's kind of beautiful actually.

Pokémon is fucked though.

Attached: doomed fanbase from the start.png (910x103, 13K)

pokemon are creatures not characters, i think that helps things a little bit, it's a lot easier to think 'that aipom looks retarded' than 'sonic the hedgehog looks retarded'

Attached: crotchpov.jpg (749x987, 154K)

Ohh nononono

Attached: sonicla.png (718x1113, 506K)

Yeah, with the directors of Paranormal Activity 3 for some reason.

I'm not the one combining books written thousands of years apart in different cultural settings
>hurr durr old testament
You have no clue about Judaism or christianity. Both use different stories and mythology. Go read the Torah+talmud and the new and old testament of you want to compare them, kid.
>but one part is the same
Ok than why don't you turn it into Christian-islam-judaism

Go back to Israel you uninformed, assumption making evangelical

Gollum was a mistake

Attached: serkis.jpg (600x334, 51K)

Mr. Mime is good though

Woah! I did that?!

Detective Pikachu is going to be the first good video game movie

but he's in Smash

Attached: 1540370174323.png (300x248, 46K)

I remember that gollum was revolutionary for the time but rewatched the LotR films recently and he looks like shit.

>retard that thinks the book of Revelation is the book of "Revelations" and thinks one of the 4 horsemen is pestilence pretending to know fucking anything
Laughing out fucking loud.

>Ok than why don't you turn it into Christian-islam-judais
Then*
But also there is a word for that. It's "Abrahamic".

Also also, the word "Lilith" appears as many times in the Bible as it does in the Hebrew text, and it's typically translated to "owl". So basically you haven't been right about anything, and apparently base your knowledge of Judeo-Christian mythology entirely on Eva.

How can you hate this zappy boi?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

Roger Rabbit was insanely expensive and made with talented artists and had a lot of techniques like bumping the lamp involved. It had physical animatronics that mimiced what the animations would do, because the animations would interact physically with the world and actors.
You don't get movies like that anymore when CGI shits so much easier, cheaper and doesn't take as much skill to do because most people don't even notice or care.

Detective Pikachu looks fantastic.

What did we do to deserve this?

Attached: 1551893557831.jpg (697x1199, 123K)

ikr

>Are there people unironically defending Detective Pikachu?
yes, and are textbook examples of fans eating shit because it has the pokemon logo on it.

Why are Conquest and War separate beings? Why are any of them? Famine and Death is the direct result of war.

Fucking retarded. I bet Europeans didn't invent this concept.

Read the bible, idiot

Sure it's dated, but I can look past the tech because the rest of it is good. Peter Jackson just set this awful trend that most people can't pull off. Even though I don't care for Star Wars anymore I appreciate they're still using puppets and animatronics.

>make up claims I never supported well ignoring what I said
>if you tell me theres a different church with it, than you're wrong!

Than why didn't you use abrahamic you retard?

>new revised standard version cuck
It appears once in the prophet Isaiah in one version, and its unclear whether its lilith or lili.
It's more translated as night owl but ok there champ.
Apparently you base your knowledge of multiple religions on a single version of the bible that most people don't use.
>muh anine
Didn't even watch it

Get some help and try reading up on religions before you speak on them.

>Reading a book that has caused more death and misery than any other

Read the sun.

>r-read!
Cringe.

If you want a response, stop typing like a fucking mongoloid.

We decided to invest our time into the series, that's guilty as charged

>i-it looks kind of r-r-realistic s-so it's b-bad now!
lmao

Moron.

>pokemon fans will defend this

Attached: magikarp.png (674x415, 641K)

Thanks for the tears, retard

dat naruto run

Attached: 1546837422005.png (420x420, 275K)

You know how there's that famous story of people running out of the theater when they first filmed a train headed towards the camera?
Very avant-gard of these people to want to capture that same emotion.

You can conquer without going to war, and famine doesn't always result in death, just a really fucking shitty standard of living.

>dat naruto run
Hello zoomer

Thank god the comic died so I could abandon the fanbase before this crap got announced.

When did you stop being a Sonic fan, Yea Forums?

Attached: a.png (619x1054, 733K)

At least they still look like their models, even if the realistic fur takes a while to get used to. But Sonic has been completely redesigned. Not even the most iconic element of the one eye made it in.

>ESL spaz calling anyone else retarded

>famine doesn't always result in death

Yes it does. Nobody dies from starvation, but of the the diseases that come from lack of nutrition. So starving people are basically the walking dead.

Probably when Heroes came out.

>put than instead of then
>hurr durr ESL
Genius

>When did you stop being a Sonic fan, Yea Forums?
When Colors came out, Mania brought me back for a couple months.

I'm not even a Pokémon fan and I personally don't mind the look of some of them. Like some definitely look really odd, or even creepy, like the ones I don't know by name, but others I can get behind, like Pikachu, Snorlax, Mewtwo, and Greninja

Attached: 1551201901556.png (661x556, 430K)

Sneak peak at the upcoming Kirby live-action movie.

Attached: 1542067740796.gif (435x250, 2.32M)

What is CWC's opinion on this abomination?

No real opinion so far, hes waiting to see it probably

Your posts are riddled with English errors. Either it's your second language, or you're just a regular moron. Your pick, dumb fuck.

I don't even consider myself a fan. Like, I enjoy a majority of the games and all that, and I still play some of them if they look like something up my alley, but being a part of the fanbase? Fuck that

Pretty sure he's too busy preparing for his 2020 presidential campaign.

If you mean 2D animation, it's cause CGI is cheaper to do. If you mean mixing real people with very cartoony characters, instead of this trend of realistic cartoon characters, I have no idea.
I can only assume that too many retards out there see a cartoon and call it kid-shit but if the same cartoon has realistic fur, it's suddenly okay for an adult to enjoy.

What's Barbara doing in a movie?

>but being a part of the fanbase? Fuck that
The fanbase gets a bad rep because of the autism in the early 2000s but honestly its pretty good/chill nowadays.

They nailed cubone too and eevee

Attached: 91AFC227-0D3F-4268-B70F-F9E76BDC8480.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

name one movie based on a video game that was actually succesful

>naruto zoomer
>zoomer
those who remember watching it or have read it are in their mid 20s if not later

>I'm not even a Pokémon fan
Of course you aren't. No true fan would defend something like this.

Attached: this THING is sopposed to be SLAKING apparently.png (666x338, 534K)

Yes but only a zoomer would think that run started with Naruto

>At least they still look like their models
Not really. That Aipom is the best example. Aipom looks nothing like that at all.

Or I'm on my phone and in the middle of stuff and don't care to make it perfect English. Not everybody has all the free time you do.
At least I know my religion, unlike you, hotshot.

Pursuing an acting career, of course
I do agree, despite the occasional dumb shit
I wouldn't defend that either though. But again, I don't know how it's supposed to look, so.

Looks good to me. You sound like a hipster and made casuals like Pokemon

>Dumbo
Th
There are real elephants they could've referenced
Elephants exist

So you admit that you are a filthy phoneposter on top of being a moron?

>At least I know my religion
Apparently not.

It looks like it’s supposed to look

Attached: F50C6C05-4BCF-4239-87BF-0781B421687A.jpg (250x141, 6K)

It looks exactly like Slaking though?

I don't even know who to blame here. Is it Gen3fags flaunting their shit taste as usual? Or is it just zoomers in general who are blind?

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME EGGMAN? WHAT THE -FUCK- DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME? THAT'S THAT. THAT'S FU-- NO, GET THE FUCK OFF MY TAILS, NO-- KNUCKLES--NO KNUCKLES I'M DONE GET THE FUCK OFF ME. THAT'S IT. THAT'S FUCKING IT. I'M DONE, KNUCKLES, JUST STA-- NO DUDE, NO, STAND OVER THERE, HOLD BACK TAILS. EGGMAN, YOU'RE DEAD. THAT'S IT. THAT'S RIGHT. I'M KILLLING YOU. YOU HEARD ME. I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU. ME, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG, I'M GOING TO -MURDER- ANOTHER. MY FIRST LIFE? YOU. EGGMAN. WHAT TYPE OF WOOD DO YOU WANT YOUR COFFIN TO BE EGGMAN? HM? OAK? MAPLE? GUESS WHAT? YOU AIN'T GETTING A FUCKING COFFIN. I'M GOING TO TURN YOU INTO A SOFT MUSH, A OMELETTE. IT'S TIME TO LITTERALLY KILL HUMAN. THAT'S IT. I'M TIRED OF YOUR BADNIKS. I'M TIRED OF YOUR SHIT. YOU'RE DEAD. YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD. ENOUGH WITH THE CHAOS EMERALDS, ENOUGH WITH THE RINGS, ENOUGH WITH THE ADVENTURES, I'M KILLING ANOTHER MAN. KNUCKLES, MAKE SURE TAILS SEES THIS. IF HE LOOKS AWAY HOLD OPEN HIS EYES. HOLD OPEN HIS FUCKING EYES. I WANT HIM TO SEE THIS. THIS IS HOW WE MOVE FORWARD, IF SOMEBODY STEALS THE CHAOS EMERALDS, WE JUST KILL THEM. WE JUST FUCKING KILL THEM. I'VE FUCKING -HAD- IT UP TO FUCKING. HERE. WITH THIS CUNT. WITH HIS BALD ASS HEAD WITH HIS STUPID FUCKING MOUSTASH. HOW MUCH YOU BETTING IT'S FAKE? HOW MUCH. I'M GOING TO FUCKING RIP IT OFF AND STRANGLE YOU WITH IT, EGGFUCK. YOU'RE DEAD. YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD. I'VE NEVER, EVER BEEN THIS MAD. I'VE NEVER BEEN THIS MAD AND FILLED WITH SUCH HATE. I KNOW WHAT PATH I NEED TO TAKE. I KNOW THAT THE ONLY WAY I WILL SLEEP, REST, ENJOY LIFE AGAIN, IS IF THAT MAN IN THAT FLYING FUCKING TIN CAN IS DEAD. I WANT YOU ALL TO HEAR THIS, THE WHOLE WORLD, NO MORE MR NICE GUY SONIC THE HEDGEHOG BELIEVE IN YOUR SELF -SHIT- I'M FUCKING DONE. I AM FUCKING DONE. I AM COMING FOR YOU EGGMAN, I AM COMING FOR YOUR ENTIRE BLOODLINE. I'M GOING TO SPILL YOUR YOKE ALLLLLLL OVER THE FUCKING FLOOR AND SLUURRRPP IT UP. YOU HEAR ME? SLURRRRPP IT UP.

Attached: suhzlc5qk9k21.jpg (574x1145, 66K)

Prove it

When the good fans like Taxman stop making Sonic games

Oh wait, that hasn't happened yet. Good thing I'm not a sheep that only obey corporate cock instead of liking what is good, not who makes it.

Attached: Sonic_Mania_title_screen_animation.webm (1280x720, 1.29M)

what did sonic fags do to deserve this suffering?

The only thing they had going for them was the designs are pretty much perfect

Attached: 1424441941507.jpg (300x300, 14K)

Did the Sonic Twitter/Aaron Webber ever say anything about this? I kinda feel like all the memes helped lead to this.

>It's shit
Why is it shit?
>Because it's shit
Yeah but what reasons make it shit
>It's shit

What a riveting argument you've come up with, user.

Yeah my laptop isn't being repaired. Sorry I don't have 3 backup computers to ensure my Yea Forums posts.

You still haven't defended any of your points and have only proven to be an uninformed protestant.

Mania would've been good has it been released literally 15 years ago. You're not seriously pretending it's on par with Breath of the Wild, are you? Because then I feel my current state of laughter is not intense enough.

Wait, no
No, they were right here, I've SEEN them

Attached: 2019-03-06_13-11-10.png (1276x595, 36K)

People already said this with pic related on the right

People have autism and fear the unnerving. Why do you think racism exist? It's a byproduct of being territorial apes.

Attached: 1551845512194.jpg (1125x1069, 143K)

Because Disney is now owned by jews and 2D is paradoxically more costly than 3D.
Also, 2D animation need very talented people to not look even more garbage than 3D, and today's studio have a quota of 5/10 women, 4/10 niggers, 1/10 competent workers to follow.

Ah, ok. Then it looks fine
We existed, that's what we did.
He hasn't but I feel like he's going to make a few memes about it around the time of release. Aaron is just that kind of guy.

Imagine having to live with the fact that you created Sonic

wait, they're making a dumbo remake?

Sonicfags will literally buy anything with the word "Sonic" in it. Sega caught on and realized they don't need to actually try to make a profit.

>Mania would've been good has it been released literally 15 years ago.
So Super Mario World is shit now? Fuck off Zoomer.

Because RR intentionally was cartoony for story reasons.

They're remaking all the old Disney animated films in shitty 3d for some ungodly capitalist reason

Remember that horrible fucking Sonic fan film? Even THAT Sonic looked better.

Attached: sonic-the-hedgehog-fan-film.png (1012x684, 693K)

It's been out I think, it had Michael Keaton in it even

It's pretty badly outclassed, yes. Actually it wasn't really better than SMB3 to begin with, but still LEAGUES over anything Sonic ever did.

Attached: 1429358070312.png (798x881, 220K)

sonic on the left looks like a literal fursuit, with the big stupid mascot head.

It's better because of its cartoon design, no one fucking liked it with the real life humans in it.

Nothing ever came of that, did it? Doug Walker really is a walking disaster.

Attached: Dr._Eggman_1.PNG.png (731x399, 364K)

Nice shitpost, zoomer. That has absolutely nothing to do with Sonic Mania being "not good" when it's still the highest rated game in the series with 2 million sales.

The Conquest horseman, in the medieval sense of the term, is the *desire* to conquer, not the result of a successful campaign. Think of it like a mix the Vanity, Greed and Pride sins.
... which lead to War when the other guys don't agree to let you have everything.
... which lead to Famine once half the workforce get killed/enrolled and all food get pillaged to feed the armies
... which lead to Death for everyone.

I think even the most boring housewife in the world will prefer the one that looks like a cartoon over the one that looks like a quirky serial rapist in a suit.

Oh my God you just keep digging deeper and deeper.

>Yeah my laptop isn't being repaired
Wait, are you saying you don't even OWN a desktop computer? Jesus fucking Christ.

>You still haven't defended any of your points
???
What would I need to defend? I have only made statements of fact. You, inversely, have made multiple incorrect statements, had a weird spaz attack about the use of the term "Judeo-Christian", and have employed broken English all the while.
How you could possibly believe you're more intelligent or knowledgeable than me at this point is a mystery.

>protestant.
Weird assumption, but no.

???
this looks pretty good? maybe when it's moving it sucks idk
for the most part the pokemons look good
except charaizard he looks like shit imho

I don't think he had anything to do with the fan film not doing that well. Not to mention that once this comes out uploads of the fan film are going to be spammed with comments saying "better than the actual movie was"

you know what we did
>sanic
>ugandan knuckles
>bench tails
the trifecta of cancer,,,,we deserve this

Attached: 1551792978399.gif (320x240, 966K)

Despite your strawman, he's still correct.

That robotnik is on point desu

Well, no kidding, but there's no context or juxtaposition that's going to make uncanny fursuit Sonic look okay.

the same people bashing this sonic design are the same people praising detective pikachu despite having the same defective and ugly CG models.

it's enough to make a man sick

Attached: 1425047979006.jpg (924x571, 81K)

polljunkie.com/poll/pgntwt/sonic-design

Attached: 9fac5736-a8fe-4f0a-a55c-4b8b8ad71830.png (880x288, 347K)

What on earth makes you think that?
Both are travesties, only idiots and contrarians say otherwise.

It just proves everyone is just shitposting via hive mind shit.

I thought pestilence was one? Don’t remember “conquest”

TPC posted high-ish resolution of the TCG set that's coming with the film, I'm pretty impressed with most of the designs. I think Charizard and Greninja are still the weak link, the scales look like shit.

Attached: Pokemon_TCG_Detective_Pikachu_Slaking.png (819x1114, 1.17M)

The people who dislike detective Pikachu are the contrarians. The first trailer got 56 million views and has 8 to 1 like dislike ratio. Get off the internet go into the real world

It's a shame because it honestly doesn't even look that bad. It isn't good either, but it's not as terrible as I thought it would be. It just has a bunch of questionable and dumb decisions that make you wonder the thought process that went into it.

Attached: 1551752319423.jpg (353x918, 94K)

God fuck anyone who just wants the uncanny design for memes but Pokemon at least made a attempt to look like the designs although still being ugly

Bias. Both are fucking shit because fur textures doesn't make Right look better, it subtracts from the original style.

BLUE ARMS

Eh, it hasn't aged all that badly in my opinion. Weakest point of the film visually, sure. But I see worse cgi in new movies on a regular basis.

>Normalfags eat shit
Not surprising

I thought the tan part of his face was skin not fur

I agree but at least one still looks like a cartoon, the other makes me want to call the cops.

Yeah, if you presuppose that they are, in fact, the same people doing those two things, you autist. Yes, those hypothetical people are hypocrites. You got them.

>The first trailer got 56 million views and has 8 to 1 like dislike ratio
Eat shit, millions of flies can't be wrong, right?

kek

The difference with Detective Pikachu is that even if a lot of the designs are pretty off, they still keep the core idea behind each Pokemon pretty intact. Sonic was never designed to translate into 3D in the first place since he's got "Mickey Mouse Syndrome" with things in his design that just flat-out don't work outside of 2D.

It's fur. Even SEGA admitted it's tan fur back in 2006.

Attached: 2128817-ozkurt_sonic.jpg (1580x1626, 401K)

Actually it wasn’t 8 to 1 like dislike. It’s 20 to 1 like dislike

Attached: A28CDFAF-F051-417B-B449-84F47357CE4D.png (750x1334, 724K)

People are going to bitch about Pokémon designs no matter what. Unless it's Red/Blue.

Attached: 1472818647121.png (1000x750, 403K)

kiss a girl, virgin.

What are the odds the movie gets held off or something while they redesign Sonic?
Is it already too late?

>150 damage
Does it switch because it fucking died?

This is a such huge claim you're trying to make here while never providing evidence.

Although, if proven real, then I must say Yuji Naka has made a great decision.

Attached: unimpressed cutie.png (498x662, 734K)

That model looks kino I wish it was usable ingame, the forces model was a fucking disgrace.

Not every country has affordable desktops, you fucking idiot. It's cheaper here to buy a laptop, mine has 8gb ram, gtx1060 and a 3.3ghz processor. If I bought the equivalent in a desktop it would cost me 1.5x more. I also got it for free.
Maybe you should look at the pc market for the first time in 5 years? Everything is a lot more expensive now.

If I have broken English you have a developmental disability.

Ok than, why are you using a protestant version of the bible to cite lilith? She doesn't show up in other versions. Why would a non-protestant use a protestant version of the bible to make their points?
You're clearly projecting and using any justification to save your ass. Try using your own bible to cite points next time.

Cope. You're seething right now with your passive aggressive post.
Only long time fans hate the new Sonic, normalfags are lapping this shit up every time I see the comment section on YouTube, which is underage normalfag central.

>back in 2006.

Truly the year of SEGA adding great things to the Sonic franchise.

They revised TMNT

Tf kinda analogy is this

it’s the same people that unironically eat up capeshit. their opinions aren’t valuable.

Christ on a cracker.

Walt's frozen head must produce so much anger that it singlehandedly powers the entirety of Disneyland.

Nah, I'm done with that stuff. That's how I got the clap and the herp. Girls are dirty.

unironically looks more like pic related than sonic

Attached: 309EF242-1ED6-43CD-931F-01911103FE0B.jpg (640x627, 48K)

This. Fucking brainlets don't realize each Horsemen leads into another.

There the ones who actually pay money to go watch movies and buys games and influence not a bunch of 3rd worlders on a Chinese forum

They're remaking Mulan too. But without Shang.

I wasn't even aware of that. I just think it looks like microwaved shit based on my own observations.

Horsemen are literal memes and have no historical/cultural significance. You're an idiot for thinking they matter.

Ares/Mars, now there's a proper anthropomorphic personification of war. You won't see some fag named "Conquest" in the Iliad.

>Is this a Sonic movie?
>The series creator ACTUALLY has no idea what's going on behind his back
I honestly feel a little sad for the dude right now

Attached: 1476507822549.png (1324x992, 639K)

>the 95% of the general audience who like it are wrong
>REEEEEEEEEEEE
Fuck off contrarians. No one gives a shit about you.

Attached: 1542150758918.jpg (817x782, 51K)

Well, that proves it. Everybody shittalking the new Sonic loves Detective Pikachu and is therefore a shitposter or a hypocrite. A master stroke of logic.
Cope? How will I ever do that?

so what? everyone spends their money on garbage food like McDonald’s, it doesn’t mean I should do it too

Who is Shang?

>Cope? How will I ever do that?
When you actually get proof for your posts.
I'm literally in threads right now, were people are defending DP over Sonic. You're absolutely full of crock, and act like only one person can have the same bias opinion. Fucking off yourself.

>Not every country has affordable desktops, you fucking idiot.
So you live in a 3rd world country and have poor English.
Hmm

>I also got it for free.
AKA your parents bought it for you.

>Ok than
Holy shit again.

>why are you using a protestant version of the bible to cite lilith
I didn't cite any specific version of the Bible you idiot. You made the objectively incorrect claim that "Lilith" doesn't appear in Christianity, while insinuating that the word does appear in Judaism. The same word appears in the Christian Bible as in the Jewish texts, in the same place. In most translations of the Christian bible, it is translated to "owl". I already said all of this here: , but you're an idiot.

>You're clearly projecting
Projecting what? You're just throwing shit at the wall at this point.

>Try using your own bible to cite points next time.
Again, weird assumption. I am not a practicing member of any religion.

Yeah, I agree.
Without Shang? I thought it was without Mushu

Because DP looks good and Sonic like shit. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Why would he know whats going on with the franchise he left years ago, SEGA isn't gonna inform an ex employee everytime they do something.

An old one, retard.

Yuji Naka is Sonic's character designer, not the series creator, and he hasn't worked at Sega for years.
Sega is a fucking mess right now. Literally every talented person there right now has either left the company (Yuji Naka, Nideki Naganuma, Hideyuki Takenami) is forced to work on awful dogshit like Mario&Sonic at the Olympic Games (Yuji Uekawa) or is worked on Yakuza and has never worked on anything but Yakuza since it seems to be the one series Sega is incapable of ruining with their mismanagement.

see: Most people are incapable of thinking for themselves. That's no concern of mine.

Unrelated but why is Japanese so fucking hard to machine translate.

So was right. Fuck off autist. Both are fucking shit, it can't be one or the other. Fuck realistic cartoons, you're part of the problem nigger.

>strawman
He went through 5 or so posts while only saying "it's shit". It literally is his only argument, and the fact that he can't elaborate on why exactly it's shit is a huge compliment to its quality.

There is a reason why people are saying Detective Pikachu is going to make all the money while Sonic is just seen as a joke.

I have no idea how the Total War series is allowed to exist under Sega. Did they just forget it exists or something?

I am laid low. I thought I hated both designs but you have proven that I've been praising Detective Pikachu, maybe without even realizing it. I can't prove that I haven't been doing that. Logically and rhetorically, you have utterly crushed me and everybody who's made fun of Sonic. I don't want to kill myself, and I am terrified that you will prove to me me that I should with your superior argumentation.

>Yuji Naka is Sonic's character designer,
False, Naoto Ohshima is the artist that created Sonic.

Completely different sentence structure and alphabet than latin-derived languages.

I've seen some faggots in twitter defending it but yeah, 99% of the internet hates it.

The Detective Pikachu designs actually look like the creature they are based on. You can look at Pikachu and say "that is Pikachu. It is short, yellow, red cheeks and a lightning bolt tail". You can't do the same with Sonic.

If no argument is presented as to why it's bad beyond "it just IS shit", then yes, it's safe to assume the majority is correct and there are no major flaws to be addressed.

>There is a reason why people are saying Detective Pikachu is going to make all the money while Sonic is just seen as a joke.
Yeah because nintenniggers and Poketards love to eat shit

See pic related
It's gonna be without Shang and Mushu.

Attached: b4e90a12-12ae-4ffa-bf8f-a3983a0b07ab-screen-shot-2018-04-17-at-74154-pm.png (970x546, 213K)

One person? I thought we were talking about 'everyone.'

Strictly speaking English is not a "Latin-derived language", though there are a lot of Latin elements in English. Otherwise ye

that's not the communist manifesto

Detective Pikachu looks great. Aladdin, Dumbo and Sonic looks fine. Not as great as Pikachu though, but you've all got shit taste.

Attached: Screenshot_20181112115229.png (2560x1440, 2.58M)

>Does it switch because it fucking died?
Every Pokemon has like 250+ HP now. It's a fucking joke.

>It's gonna be without Shang and Mushu.
Actually they changed that.

>Remaking Mulan without the best character
For what purpose?

One person is part of everyone, retard. You're just part of the problem, not the only one.

I sincerely doubt you have never seen a single person explain why Detective Pikachu and this looks like shit.

>IF YOU HATE THIS ONE THING, YOU HAVE TO HATE THIS OTHER THING

Pathetic

Change it to proto-indo european derived then. All those languages "think" in a similar manner if that makes sense.

Yeah 57 million views first trailer

1.4 million likes
66k dislikes

21:1 like to dislike ration.

99% internet hates it?? You are delusional as fuck.

>Can't reply to posts anymore
Stay seething.

That actually reminded me
>No musical numbers
These live action remakes they're doing are a mistake

>it can't be one or the other
Sure it can. I'm telling you right now, the designs in DP look good to me, even though I don't like the way Sonic looks. No amount of logic or reasoning can convince something that something looks good (or bad). This is literally the definition of subjective opinion.

Fortunately most people seem to agree with my opinion in this matter, so I'll both get to enjoy the movie and watching you seethe when this makes a billion bucks and spawns a dozen sequels.

Mushu will be in Mulan they changed that after the backlash and Kevin hart will voice him not Eddie Murphy

Right, not the only one. Because we're talking about EVERYONE, right?

Can't wait for that Mario movie.

Attached: 1537152476138.jpg (1854x1550, 528K)

Pestilence>Conquest

Pretty sure he's talking about Sonic

Yuji Naka is the programmer who made the first Sonic prototype before it had an animal mascot. Also co-founded Sonic Team and headed it until Takashi Iizuka took over. Naoto Ohshima is the artist. twitter.com/NaotoOhshima

Ah, ok. I'm still not really behind the remake in general, or any of their other planned remakes, but I'm glad they changed it.

>his

They added them both in? Or is it just one of them?

Yeah that's a lot more accurate.
Not out to split hairs by the way, just wanted to mention it for people who may not know.

no he is talking about detective Pikachu just the post he quoted

I know he's flying, but it still made me think of this.

Attached: He%27s_gonna_get_you.gif (320x240, 2.39M)

The post he quoted was talking about all these people hating Sonic's design

Please explain it to me, user. Why do the Detective Pikachu designs look like shit? Why do I have to hate them if I hate the way Sonic looks?

I've never been part of the chris-chan loop. People who get their amusement from the retardation of others are scum.

No way current Disney will have that scene where she's taking a bath.

Aha, a fine riposte! I tip my fedora to you, sir!

>Detective Pikachu looks great
Hahahaha no

Uh nope, Canada. But cute assumption amerifat.
>your parents bought it for you
Neither of them have the money to. I'd never ask them for a 1000+ laptop and have bought all my own computers.

>than
(You)
Sorry if it upsets your autism a little bit, I'm going to keep at it for you than

>all owl demons=lilith
You know, again, that's not how her name is translated and can refer to lili. Already gone through this but clearly your ADHD riddled mind forgot.
>not a practicing member of any religion
Ok I'll take you seriously Mr.internet arguer

I don't necessarily find it amusing. If anything, I kind of pity them. They've lived a hard life.

Holy shit that Dumbo is the stuff of nightmares, did no one ever double check on it at all?

Attached: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (256x679, 30K)

>Kevin hart will voice him not Eddie Murphy
Why? They got James Earl Jones back for Mufasa.

>the designs in DP look good to me,
>to me,

So why is it ok for you but for those normalfags unironically liking Sonic on YouTube, it doesn't count? Fuck off retarded, fuck yourself, it's ALL shit. If so many people can generally say "real life cartoons look like shit", there IS no exception.

Cubone looks cute

Attached: D078C866-57A9-40C6-BD54-F1B0632DEDCC.jpg (640x640, 44K)

It does to most people. I feel sorry for you. It's unfortunate that you were born with a crippled sense of aesthetics and won't get to enjoy live-action Pokemon.

I’m guessing cus they don’t him after he voiced donkey in dreamwork shrek movies

I like most of the designs, then you have shit like aipom and charizard, i know they're not exactly innaccurate to what you'd expect them to look like, but they look weird to me.

i can read japanese. here is the post translated literally in the same word order as it appears in japanese:
>this sonic of whole body visual if look/see head and body and belly of circle do important feeling is do. just little balance not taken probably isnt it?
see how baffling that is? the syntax is totally different from english and i guess a program has a harder time turning that into english than something like a european or even chinese language, which has much more similar word order and grammar than jap.

Attached: 1511888453621.jpg (640x480, 28K)

Then whose are?

Disney remakes are god awful. The Beauty and the Beast one is a fucking sin to mankind.
But I want to share this video. It's the one Disney animation with realistic animals that I really enjoyed. Just a commercial for Disneyland.
youtube.com/watch?v=G4qMqbL9ACo

I don't know anything about Japanese but it seems likely to me that you're just shit at it and missing some grammatical nuances.

Imagine being so crippled by autism that your must have character in smash is Black Sonic

>people seriously don't like Mr Mime
Wew. He's one of the best designs in trailer for me and single-handedly made me care about him after overlooking him in the games for over a decade.

Attached: 1542152901780.gif (498x277, 1.22M)

*dabs as dark pit*

>Can be resold/Not for resale

Attached: 93276419807234.jpg (400x386, 34K)

I really hate normies who defend this shit because it looks better than the absolute garbage from the 90s and such. If I can tell something is CG then it sucks, the only exception is when my only clue that something is CG is that they couldn’t have possibly done it without CG. I don’t even like fully CG movies like pixar shit, it’s all so bothersome

I can't get over the fact that his shoulders are dodgeballs.

TRAILER JUST DROPPED!

youtu.be/jJqY2vKxuFc

Attached: 1550005946569.jpg (1280x1920, 1.18M)

You can do literally the same thing you said and correctly identify this sonic redesign as sonic based on those simplistic requirements you used to identify pikachu. Sonic is blue, wears shoes, and is a hedgehog, ergo all blue fast hedgehogs are sonic.

You don't understand anything about how symbols and style and logos works.

The difference is that the Detective Pikachu movie had millions of dollars put into marketing to convince people it was good and huge amounts of social media manipulation.
It really shows you how much of a difference money can make and how much people will shift their perspective in order to believe what they think other people believe in, just so they can fit in.

Attached: f2b89801b77969b73f7cc60e83534e0f.jpg (407x265, 22K)

He's still uncanny valley as fuck. It just so happens that uncanny valley actually really fits Mr Mime.

>Uh nope, Canada.
French Canadian?

>But cute assumption amerifat.
>Already gone through this but clearly your ADHD riddled mind forgot.
>Mr.internet arguer
You really have no self awareness at all. Truly remarkable

>I'm going to keep at it for you than
You'd keep doing it whether or not I said anything about it, because you don't know the difference between 'then' and 'than'.

>>all owl demons=lilith
What the fuck are you talking about?
1. no one has said anything about demons
2. you have it backwards. The word 'lilith', in the one passage it appears, is often translated as owl. There is an entity called lilith in folklore, and some people speculate that the line where that word appears is referencing said entity but there is nothing concrete about it in either Judaism or Christianity.

>that's not how her name is translated
Objectively false.

>and can refer to lili
Why do you keep saying this? The word is transliterated as either "lilith" or "lilit".

holy shit i never noticed that the trio had trio shitty memes of their own, God really has a vendetta against us

>finger11
This nigga gets it

Thing is, with Pokemon designs you can at least tell it's because the art direction took a different path. The live action Pokemon just look uncanny, it reminds me those shitty "video game character in real life" drawings on DA where the artist just gives the characters ultra realistic textures and calls it a day.

That aipom has some kind of rabies iirc. I'm pretty sure there's a normal-looking aipom somewhere in the trailer

But his mouth thing has no fur in this image.

>4th game of the series vs 1st
ok

>The difference is that the Detective Pikachu movie had millions of dollars put into marketing to convince people it was good and huge amounts of social media manipulation.
so what stopping sega from doing the exact same thing that your bitching about.

Attached: Consumer_Manipulation.png (500x350, 192K)

i majored in it and studied it for six years. i lived there for six months. i wrote it like that on purpose, you spastic. that is the order of the words. you have to know about the grammar for it to make sense. that is what translators do.
>I don't know anything about Japanese
yeah, you don't.

That looks exactly like slaking you fucking ape

It reminds me of the awful woody woodpecker movie. The fever dream of third world and poor nations.

How so?

The horseman of Conquest is traditionally depicted as a wielding a bow without arrows. He conquers without bloodshed.

This has been interpreted as being an antichrist figure who unites the world under one rule through charisma

CG was a mistake

Based retard

>Why do I have to hate them
You don't "have" to hate them you retard. You're allowed to like shitty things, but people can still tell you they're shitty.

>Why do the Detective Pikachu designs look like shit?
Because they're uncanny as fuck. They're a repulsive blend between 'realism' and cartoony; every Pokemon looks like it has some kind of skin disease.

I don't like either, though. Jigglypuff looks like it's staring into my soul. Some of the other designs look alright though.

but they did, they got Haruka CHINKED

And his hands are balloon-gloves with seams. Don't see what's wrong with that. Really sells the jester/pantomime theme for me.

>everyone who disagrees with me is a shill or has been fooled by shill
I don't get how it's so hard for people to accept that opinions are subjective. Everything you love, someone hates. Everything you hate, someone loves.

I don't get why that is though, when it's stomach does. I've always thought it was weird either way.

That Dumbo is awful.

underrated post

Imagine watching movies in the current year
Completely outdated medium

It's Tim Burton you troglodyte. It's supposed to be weird and off-putting.

If you're not going to see it for the pink elephants scene alone then you must be a boring person.

Because he's sexist, transphobic and a supporter of toxic masculinity
>I'm ganna make a man out of you

>uncanny valley
It's nowhere near good enough to fit in there. Stop using the term wrong.

>The horseman of Conquest is traditionally depicted as a wielding a bow without arrows. He conquers without bloodshed.

Sounds like a pretty cool guy desu. Why's he lumped in with those other assholes?

When I sold my copy of Sonic Mania Plus.

Reminder that shitty anthro designs are because of lazy mocap.

Based retard

Wrong because
-Sonic's hands are white, not wearing his iconic gloves
-Sonic is not wearing his notable sneakers, he's wearing Nikes
-Sonic's eyes are just completely fucking wrong
-Sonic's legs look way too human-like and bulky
-His arms are fucking blue

These are key design aspects that everybody knows to associate with Sonic and the movie design does not grab these at all. It got "blue, bipedal hedgehog" right and nothing else

As opposed to Sega which is broke?

Sorry, I wasn't saying I dislike Mr. Mime. It's just I'm surprised that it's not smooth textured like a beach ball or something.

>Conquest
It Strife you retard

Then you've made a normal critical evaluation

He's using the term correctly. The designs in the two movies in question are both in an awkward space between cartoony and realistic.

Yes the term was initially referring to robotics, but the concept applies to animation as well.

I keep hearing people talk about Aipom but that one part where he screams isn't how he actually looks. Look through the poster and Aipom looks just like normal.
Charizard does look kind of weird, but that doesn't discredit the rest of the movie.

pokemon is a $90 billion franchise with a huge normalfag fanbase worldwide.
sonic... isn't.

I keep hearing people talk about Aipom but that one part where he screams isn't how he actually looks. Look through the poster and Aipom looks just like normal.
Charizard does look kind of weird, but that doesn't discredit the rest of the movie.

What I'm wondering is how conquest was replaced with that sniveling fuck pestilence

Both look terrible, but for differant reasons. Sonic is off-model shit, and Jigglypuff looks like a soulless illumination-tier minions character.

Attached: b7d.jpg (680x680, 32K)

can i get a sauce on a good looking aipom

because he is conquering so the other three may follow and Satan may rule the world

Then don't?

Rate my drawing Yea Forums

Attached: unknown.png (1016x1051, 849K)

This thing is lit weird, the face emotions are slightly off AND it has a humanoid voice. You think its okay?

Attached: detective_pikachu_trailer.jpg (800x450, 38K)

Top of the billboard

Attached: pokemon-detective-pikachu-social.jpg (1382x1241, 445K)

Metal Sonic looks rad as fuck.

>illumination-tier minions character
That reminds me, Ilumination are still developing that Mario movie aren't they?

Attached: 1550777244269.jpg (253x238, 24K)

good/10

>This thing is lit weird,
Not particularly
>the face emotions are slightly off
Mocap
>it has a humanoid voice
You mean just like the original game?

draw a rouge

It's very dependant on context.

so sega the billion dollar company in conjunction with paramount the other billion dollar company can't do the same thing as these other billion dollar company sure user you got this shit on point.

Attached: sag.jpg (292x172, 9K)

They are yes

He wasn't. "Pestilence" being one of the 4 horsemen is just a misconception of pop culture.
Most things that people think they know about the rapture, afterlife, angels and demons et al. doesn't have any concrete basis in the text.

Imagine what Jim Carrey Eggman is going to look like

Attached: I've come to say the double n word.png (584x468, 386K)

don't remind me. We'll be going through the same shit we're doing right now again in 2022.

I think DP designs mostly look okay but that monkey still looks fucked.
Also did they really just copy and paste the same image of the monkey and slightly tilt it?

>You mean just like the original game?
Please tell me you're joking.

I mean, of course they can't have you seen this shit?

Attached: gettingburger.png (1200x697, 1.05M)

It got away with that Because it was Disney cartoons and not regular cartoons

Did they seriously copy and paste

Attached: detect it d no goin you tell me do things i done runnin.jpg (1382x1241, 609K)

>THE DELEGATES, EGGMAN

Attached: I cant take your delegates without getting any closer, Dahnald.png (680x453, 439K)

Listen, graphic design is really hard.

That is horrendous.

Will probably be the thing that saves the movie desu

It fixed up the plot a bit, and the dinner singing was better

>Dumbo

Jesus fucking hell? What the fuck? Elephants DO NOT look dried up and shriveled and look near death.

You know there was a Detective Pikachu game right? Where the Pikachu talked?

The one this movie is adapting?

oh my god

UUUAAAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1431411277216.png (779x952, 346K)

Holy shit that dumbo is uncanny as fuck

You didn't have to circle it, it's obvious to anyone with eyes what they did.

Still is pretty funny.

HE LOOKS LIKE FUCKING MOMO AAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

I refuse to believe that's real

I thought it was pestilence not conquest

I did it just because it took me a minute to notice there were two Aipoms in the image
Maybe I'm just rarted

yes I have and you can see this is going to be cheap.
that cause they don't care enough to make a decent movie only a passable one.

Yes, I assumed by "original game" you meant RGB, disregard.

For fuck's sake.

It's not rare to find these posters with obvious copy pasting.

It's fine, I miss shit in front of me all the time.

Attached: 1551900412716.jpg (1382x1241, 612K)

It's a Tim Burton project, so Dumbo looking slightly horrifying isn't a large shock.

it apparently is

Attached: Poster_EN_-_Pokemon_Detective_Pikachu.jpg (2764x4096, 1.76M)

CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Attached: Screenshot (224).png (803x859, 573K)

CG sucks.

Is that MissingNo. in the distance next to MewTwo? Also, what's the green-yellow thing next to the protag on the roof? A Joltik?

P-E-R-F-E-C-T

Attached: 503d70a832114a369a12fd1eb6531e0d1aca4458v2_00.jpg (300x400, 20K)

The 3K and 2 sprite is better.

the thing is, you could do the roger rabbit effect far better now.
modern editing and lighting technology would make the animated cells look far more a part of the scene and allow for really convincing shadows.

yeah the white hands are horrific.

Dude, kids born after like '98 have never even seen 2D animation. Who'd ever put work into a project meant for people that couldn't possibly admire the craft?

fuckin ace

Attached: blissful kirby.jpg (500x478, 59K)

One little mess up aside, everything else looks good.

>The only good things Sonic has been lately are cameos and content made by fans

Attached: 1543110661119.png (207x258, 67K)

Frozen made over a billion dollers we can't ever go back with big studios
>Is that MissingNo. in the distance next to MewTwo?
I can only see the Charizard but since this movie is American that would be too obvious not to do

I want a 3K styled sprite with as many animation frames as the Mania sprite

>he thinks 2D is easy and super profitable
after Spiderverse I'm convinced we're never remotely getting traditional anything back fuck everyone we really do deserve shit made movies.

who is that? jynx maze?

Talented creative people have demands, and they need a lot of time to produce something good. Thats just too expensive.

>That's no concern of mine.
That's no concern of mime.

Same user I was really disappointed when I saw they were going back to a 2 styled sprite during the mania reveal.

People only like spoderverse due to libcuck manipulation and white guilt, just like Black Panther.

Your translation is utter shit. I don't even need to attempt one because Soranews did a translation of it and it makes sense, yours is incomprehensible.

based as fuck

I liked it because the animation style was unique and it told a good Spider-Man story, not everything is politics and even the movie didn't address that shit.
It's a shame. Because even if the racing game is good you can change that statement from fan content to outsourced content, and that would be a stretch considering the movie.

SEGA CONFIRMED DEAD!

THIS MOVIE WILL FOREVER BTFO SONIC!

SCREENCAP THIS! ITS THE TRUTH! SONIC FOREVER BTFO’D

Attached: 7447B8F9-ADE2-4DF1-AC4A-DB1A791379A7.jpg (1356x724, 130K)

that looks like someone took slakings original design, gave it to some fresh art school graduate (who works below minimum wage because its his """"passion to work in hollywood"""""), who then created 3D model with the wrong proportions (don't judge though, it's his "style") and applied "royalty free hair texture pack1"

T. Chimp who has no clue how cgi actually works.

Think before you post.

>metal sonic looks like a bayformer

top kek

Can you educate me?
How do they manage to fuck up every single design with disgusting hair textures, and yet manage somehow to convince people that it looks good? Is there a special 3d programm that lets you trick dumb people into giving you their money? Or are people geniuenly retarded and continue to eat shit as long as it has a brand name?

As an animator student myself I loved spiderverse due to the blending of different artstyles and animation, using 2D methods on 3D models and the visual harmony everything had in the movie

Penny Parker looks weird on some shots though

Attached: 1533756412303.jpg (1200x1027, 353K)

>As an animator student myself

No Donny Osmond no buy

You can't look at this picture and say "An experienced artist created this" with a straight face. You just can't.

Tajiri doesn't actually have autism.

Spiderverse looked absolutely terrible. Blending 2D and 3D elements has been done for over a decade now, and the limited framerate looked worse than some seasonal animes that have been made. Awful ugly movie.

shit opinion.

I learned long ago not to reason with capeshit apologists.

No. The lighting is completely different.
But its the same model on the same exact pose.

You sure?

Only a fucking autist would let Sun and Moon exist and those games......are actually just overhated. I enjoyed Sun and Moon, though the story was meh and Lusamine was absolutely a shit villain. I still enjoyed the game, and despite what a lot of people say.....Hau was a fuckin fun rival man.

Attached: 7A0C1EA3-A35B-401C-99A2-61335158505D.jpg (609x570, 31K)

>has shit opinion
>somehow thinks he need to "reason" with people to convince them

truly the attitude of someone who holds a lot of shit opinions.

downvoting you so hard right now

He didn't make those. He oversees the designs and some parts of the game, but he's not been a major player in development since Gen 2. Ohmori in particular is who you blame for those.
I agree with you about the games there though.
The autism thing was apparently from an ill-sourced facebook post people somehow still quote eons later.

pic related

Attached: 1503558936662.png (1752x6796, 3.63M)

>art wont make you rich

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE WHAT?

The new lion king won't have Be Prepared, what makes you think this movie will have the pink elephant scene?

read from the top retard

my boy is intact

Attached: 1531712572532.png (413x549, 108K)

I don't even care about fine art and this made me really sad. It's just another result of the evils of post-modernism.

Mania sprite is literally the same as 2 with the Sonic CD Special Stages/Knuckles Chaotix style shading. Stop with the nostalgiafaggoing, it's perfectly fine.

Attached: SEGACD--Sonic CD_Sep28 20_25_42.png (640x480, 74K)

The argument presented in that image is that art school is useless, not that "art doesn't make you rich".

Art school neither provides proper training, nor leads to financial success. Thus it has no value.

t. someone with a BFA

>'98 have never even seen 2D animation
Based retard. 2D still exist to this day, the fuck you're on about?
More people just grew up with 3D and thus, prefer it, because 2D stopped evolving after the hit of the new millennium. All animation did was got worse and use vector based tweenshit animation to get by, so of course 3D is getting more favored. If Disney animation became mainstream years ago, 2D animation wouldn't have died. But the states don't care about animation to Disney level so they never bothered and half assed it until it died in the states.

youtube.com/watch?v=X8Sgcoa-cdU

How do I make some good 2D animations for a game (hand drawn, because I'm shit at pixel art, the best I made was a robot snake)
planning on using gamemaker, got the pro version from a hb sale

>The argument presented in that image is that art school is useless
Yes, but also that hand-drawn animation as a discipline has almost died out because the skills have not been passed on. It's a textbook example of a dark age

>Mania sprite is literally the same as 2 with the Sonic CD Special Stages/Knuckles Chaotix style shading.
Yes and that's why its worse

If 06 and Boom couldn't, this movie ain't either.
Face it, Sonic is like a roach, it's unkillable.

I dont see the problem. Sonic was always stupid. The only good sonic games are sonic adventure1 and sonic spinball. Nothing can go wrong here.

Attached: 1551068077244.gif (540x360, 2.45M)

the issue is your tissue

Hand drawn animation as a discipline is dying out because drawing as a discipline is dying out. Learning to draw is the single most important part of art education, across all disciplines. Even artists like photographers and sculptors need to learn to drawn.

It's worse because it has shading? What?

get ready for the NCU boooooys

Its worst because the shading completely changes sonic's color and makes him shiny and light blue.

So autism. Sonic's color has been actuate since 1991. 16-bit coloring isn't actuate.

Attached: classic_sonic_concept_art_by_chibifoxy675_dapcbmd-fullview.jpg (400x237, 19K)

Attached: 1512568988172.jpg (275x155, 10K)

I don't care what promotional art looks like I just prefer how he looked in the games before mania. Even in the Adventure games he was darker blue, you seem like the autist unable to comprehend someone have a differing opinion from you.

and dr robotniks mean bean machine

I disagree, Sonic 2 and 3&K are still worth a play to this day and Mania is even better than those in some ways.

having *

>Sonic is just like Detective Pikachu
It's different because
>Adding realistically proportioned human characters in Sonic has been a point of contention since 2000, while humans have been a core part of pokemon since the beginning
>Most Pokemon designs aren't that far off from the animals they are based on, so adding realistic texture is less jarring
>Sonic is yet another "popular cartoon character somehow ends up in a famous US city and hijinks ensue" movie. They've done this with Woody Woodpecker, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and the Smurfs and it's awful every time, Enchanted doesn't count because Giselle was invented for the movie. Det. Pikachu takes place in the Pokemon world.
>Detective Pikachu is cute and American Sonic is ugly

Attached: detective pikachu.jpg (800x800, 104K)

>>Sonic is yet another "popular cartoon character somehow ends up in a famous US city and hijinks ensue" movie. They've done this with Woody Woodpecker, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and the Smurfs and it's awful every time, Enchanted doesn't count because Giselle was invented for the movie. Det. Pikachu takes place in the Pokemon world.
Sonic's world is earth and has always been sinc the first game until Iizuka autsim created this two worlds bullshit.

My favorite comic!

Attached: 624CD544-2C42-4D87-B1E5-FAA30784275A.png (1024x1398, 913K)

I don’t understand the detective pikachu comparison. The Pokémon in the movie pretty much look identical to their actual designs.

It’s not like they changed Ludicolo’s sumbrero

Attached: 26935E16-C0C9-4731-9CCC-91E0FABF9A23.jpg (563x365, 74K)

How? He isn't even working at Sega anymore and hasn't so for many years (might have left pre Brawl even).

Ludicolo is fucking adorable.

Something smells like a Smashcuck. Take a shower stinky!

We owe Ayuwoki and Momo an apology.

god i wish someone would voice this

Attached: 1545854459059.png (618x538, 374K)

That dumbo looks like Palpatin.

He did leave pre Brawl, in 2006

>it reminds me those shitty "video game character in real life" drawings on DA where the artist just gives the characters ultra realistic textures and calls it a day.
Considering that they hired the very guy who did the sort of thing for Detective Pikachu...

I played Mania for longer than BotW.

Nope, since you're caring enough to post. I'm telling you you're autistic because your crying over different hues of blue. Who's the bitch here?

Attached: maz-kanata-official-photo-from-lucasfilm-star-wars-the-force-awakens-hi-res-header.jpg (1200x672, 871K)

I Think Jiggs looks... eh. Not horrible. But not exactly great either.

>Because the last roger rabbit was a commercial failure
Fucking what? That isn't even remotely true, why else would Disney and Warner Bros have a shitfit over who gets the rights to the chaarcter?

Sonic 1 aged like shit. Mania, S3&K, and SMW are the best 2D platformers to date though.

I'm with ya on that.

All I did was post my opinion on Sonic in a Sonic thread you are the one that got triggered over it. Fucking kek

For the most part anyways. I won't try to defend this. One of many reasons I left the Star Wars loop.

>SMW
>not SMB3
Shit taste desu

Lusamine was fine as a villain. They absolutely butchered her character in US/UM though.

>All I did was post my opinion on Sonic in a Sonic thread
Same here, and yet you're triggered about it. Fucking kek.

They didn't change her her actual character, they changed the setting she was put in. Ironically enough USUM actually gives closure to her SM motivations in a bizarrely secretive scene.

user I was never angry at you for liking the Mania sprite more I just stated why I preferred the others. You then called me a autist for having a different opinion than you. I can't tell if you are just baiting (You)s or are genuinely this retarded.

I'd say SMB3 was better than World. It had better level design, more creative worlds, better power ups, better music though SMW's castle theme is better than anything in 3, a better aesthetic, and was more challenging. SMW's secret exits were cool but it doesn't really change the level design from being awfully bland.

DP looks like it knows what it's doing.

>autist
Because you are. That doesn't mean anything about being mad. You got mad I called you what you are, especially someone posting on Yea Forums. Even if this doesn't matter anymore; lurk more newfag.

Attached: 1508070823747.jpg (944x712, 99K)

heard it in jaleel's voice

I have no problem being called a autist you autist but you are the only one angry here I stated my opinion you got triggered that I didn't agree with you simple as that. I hope you enjoyed the (You)s

Attached: yb42Ifx.png (320x287, 152K)

An experienced artist created this.

that one is not

... you know, I never really thought about it until now but is ludicolo an anthropomorphic pineapple or just a weird platypus that wears plants on its body

Imagine sticking your penis in that mouth, haha.

>lets remake dumbo
>but the plot is now about some random kids to make it relatable
Do people who pitch these even understand what the appeal of animation is?
We don't have to have the humans be the focus, we can write a story from any perspective with animation
For fucks sakes this is transformers yet again

okay rick

Been a fan since the start and I'm not even going to ironically watch that fucking movie. If they can't even do something as elementary school simple as leaving Sonic's design the fuck alone, I don't expect them to give even a "so bad it's good" product.

he said the bible not the quran

Nothing like as creepy as the Mr Mime in OP's image

End this thread

The thread may end but the pain will endure.