IGN complains about a generic white male protagonist

>IGN complains about a generic white male protagonist
>/pol/cels sperg out
>meanwhile, on old Yea Forums, pic related for posted all the time

When did /pol/ invade Yea Forums? Was it 2016? What exactly is the problem with stating that having a “gruff white male” as your protagonist is generic?

Attached: 979DDC88-2ED4-4149-9E02-6AC9E8B97C5B.jpg (770x1024, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

resetera.com/threads/we-need-more-black-protagonists-in-gaming.21276/page-7
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>2016
earlier

Attached: 1521309261732.png (1069x409, 20K)

You will never pass as a woman

Cry more leftard.

Attached: 1551883722580.jpg (1920x1080, 509K)

Why is having more diverse protagonists considered a bad thing on Yea Forums anyway?

Attached: 121932450404.jpg (2000x2456, 794K)

More like people like you are fanning the flames, just like journalists do, to create a problem that doesn't exist.

Your argument was already debunked in the other thread.

/pol/ was always here, but at least they used to keep their autism in check. Ever since the elections, they became full-blown cancer. You can’t even talk about traps without being called a tranny lover, soiboi or whatever bogeyman they created.

Chanology might have ruined Yea Forums but it was gamergate and trump that truly killed Yea Forums.

That and moot reviving shithole boards like /r9k/ & /pol/ plus old mods leaving and new shithole boards like Yea Forums and /soc/ getting made.

Yea Forums was tired of generic protagonists,that guy is a blatant SJW that is only talking about what he thinks are generic protagonists because he is offended by white people.

>imagine being so autistic as to go on an investigative spree over something like this
WELL DONE, HOLMES

Attached: 1551560055480.jpg (657x527, 64K)

There is no such thing as "generic White." it just doesn't exist.

WHITE GAMERS RISE UP
(((THEY))) ARE FANNING OUR DESTRUCTION

Sebastian is Hispanic though.

This. All whites are special and unique, unlike single-minded niggers and spics and hivemind chinks.

Nothing to see here,its obvious that Yea Forums in 2006 shared the same opinions as this person does.

Attached: 1386490661496.png (800x764, 195K)

>say I like lolis
>/pol/tards start screaming at me about pizzagate or some shit
Modern Yea Forums is fucking cancer

>image literally from Resetera

>We Need More Black Protagonists in Gaming
resetera.com/threads/we-need-more-black-protagonists-in-gaming.21276/page-7

Kek

It's another "complain about white males leads yet have no better alternatives" episode

Attached: male leads.png (799x708, 549K)

Everything you said is a lie and everyone knows who you are
Pathetic shill garbage

Sup tranny

Attached: 1550006333173.jpg (1280x1067, 266K)

never has there been a pepe poster that was not retarded

>white man - BAD
>fanservice - BAD
>no microtransactions - BAD

Attached: 1472982696805.png (202x188, 5K)

newfag

Damn that's actually a good post, on fucking YouTube nonetheless

I swear there's 10 times more whining about /pol/ than actual /pol/shit on Yea Forums.

Leftytards camping on all blueboards are so annoying, everytime someone sounds a little edgy or display any dissidence towards mandatory wokeness they yell /PEEEEL/
this is so annoying, when is that liberal holocaust coming?

Attached: 1535840682059.png (473x504, 552K)

wtf?????
I loke japanese games now!
/vee/ is one person

10 years ago trannies were promptly shown the door unless they had tits

v: im sick of edgy action movie protags
journos: im sick of gruff white male protags

same shit different language!

>top row, 4th dude

Who is that fuck master?

Because it's done for virtue signaling points, and the characters usually come out shit or forced. You'll probably notice how most people dont mind when a black character, or any other race, is in a Japanese game.
Look at Marvin, he's easily one of the best character in RE2 remake, granted he was already established years ago but he was fleshed out in this one and was done really well.
Its not all bad though, there's always some cool "diverse" characters, like the half native half black best bro from red dead 2.

I'd say the amount of yelling about /pol/ shit is appropriate, but I don't think /pol/ is the boogeyman. Yea Forums doesn't like politics in games so it's only natural that they'd become more political. However, it's hard to ignore the massive amount of traffic that we have gotten since the elections and gamergate. For about two years now, I've been seeing stuff that is only posted on /pol/ being posted here. It's also hard to ignore that there are multiple places out on the web that are interested in colonizing Yea Forums. Will it be a problem? I don't think so. This place is so different to how it was in even just 2012.

the problem isn't generic american men with brown hair, sassy african-american women with afros or mary sue blonde ladies with man jaws. it's the fact that we always have to play as humans. where's the representation of aliens and the supernatural?

Looks like older Mason from black ops 2

/thread

Also when you search Yea Forums on google, the first board to come up, even before just the Yea Forums site itself is /pol/

This is what you complain about? Holy shit, imagine being such a cuck that you're married a woman that hates you and hates your whole gender. I feel really fucking bad for that guy, my gf is as right wing as me.

You use google?

/pol/ is nature, /pol/ is truth, /pol/ is the normal mind state of every western male before indoctrination.

What you see as social justice is a perversion of tradition and values. But that will change soon. As the pendulum swings one way, it comes back the other.

Because there is nothing you can't do with or to a while male in his thirties. You can torture him, rape him, maim him - nobody gives a fuck. But just change the gender or ethnicity and all hell breaks loose. Angry social media posts leading to angry articles and angry PR executives issuing apologies to soothe the masses.

while there were certainly people on Yea Forums that complained about this, it wasn't that the characters were white, they are just tired seeing creativity and fun being sucked out of gaming. People want games to stop being mediocre movies and go back to a time where games embraced their quirky nature and unique format. The thing that people were complaining about was brown and bloom.

Journalists just want the characters to be nonwhite instead, which is missing the point.

Attached: IncomingHonk.jpg (641x549, 30K)

/pol/ lets in all the fucking normies, because they live by "enemy of my enemy" logic. This is nothing new.

Funny how jews always critic the person, not the done work.

But that is just a jewish thing.

>no better alternative

lolwut?

Daily reminder that there are people from RetardEra that browse Yea Forums. Just laugh at them, don't give them the satisfaction of acknowledging their opinions.

Attached: d4bda00dd6e1ab85effe25478dabbd031cf768eb6b33c19970923127a1fc7af0.png (853x937, 395K)

hahahah their faces

Yeah resetera is very interested in colonizing this place

I don't think you know what a jew is.

>come to Yea Forums
>start crying about Yea Forums culture
?

Attached: 1550511285357.png (1178x1212, 321K)

Attached: faaaaaace.jpg (480x360, 7K)

They were just following where the money was. It wasn't political like it is now.

Besides, no one who cares about vidya really gives a shit either way. It's all just different colored pixels. I've played as white, Asian, hispanic, black, male and female characters before, and didn't care, as long as the game was good. Obviously when I play an RPG I have a preference, but that's only relevant for RPGs.

Is calling for a holocaust only a little edgy?

While this is true, there's no reason to put these kinds of qualifiers on video games. They are entirely the works of fiction.There are remarkable people of every race, the fact that they are remarkable is what makes their stories worth telling, not the fact that they are white or male. It doesn't matter how statistically likely it is for other groups to be so.

/pol/ is unironically the only thing keeping this site from going completely to the dogs, and I say that begrudgingly. they are needed

Not even close, /pol/ encourages normalfags to come here

This site went to the dogs after gamergate. /pol/ is a symptom, not a cure. /pol/ makes the fucking political youtube community come here.

Why did janny delete this but not this obvious off-topic flamewar thread?

Attached: 1551889016337.jpg (1280x1067, 266K)