Tropico 6

Open beta started today and so far it's great. They mixed all of the good stuff from 3, 4 and 5, and added shit that people wanted for years like multi-island building.

What do you think about it Yea Forums?

Attached: 20190306154906_1.jpg (2560x1440, 1.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uNS_GtbsyGI
youtube.com/watch?v=7Xn3L1OQlWs
youtu.be/uAl3A3YoSPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Want to like tropico but the music is unlistenable. Hate that mexican shit.

You can just mute the music and listen to your own songs, there's a slider for that.

>that agent 47 icon at the bottom

does it have cool new shit? 5 was such a letdown

i always mute sim music

Yes, you can now build on an entire archipelago instead of just a single island, move and customize your palace, there's a lot of new buildings, and you can launch pirate raids, commandos, spies and hackers and steal monuments and money from other countries.
Also the electoral speeches from 3 make a return.

Then there's some other minor shits and improvements. The only thing that's missing right now it's the radio, i don't know if they'll add it or not but right now it's the only thing that's missing.

Not interested in buying Tropical.
Its going to be chopped into pieces and comes in like 20 little dlcs.

>mexican
Typical ameriburger

Last one I enjoyed was 3 iirc. Pirated 5 but was bored very quickly. Might check it out, thanks for headsup user.

Yeah, from what I've seen the game is making significant steps forward after the disappointment that was 5. It reminds me more of 4 and 3. Like you said, taking the best elements. The stealing monuments thing is sort ehhh, but it looks better than 5.

Attached: IMG_3745.jpg (1200x800, 372K)

>hating this
youtube.com/watch?v=uNS_GtbsyGI
also what kind of music do you expect from game that mostly inspired by fidel castro era cuba?

How the fuck can somebody dislike tropico music?

Check out this pleb, Jerry Martin is a genius.

>He hates Tropico's music
Why even play the game if you don't wanna live that Banana Republic feel?

Attached: IMG_3384.jpg (1024x907, 59K)

>wants to like a Caribbean-themed game
>hates the Caribbean theme itself
Imagine being this much of a fag

communist heathen scum cant into real cities

Attached: 32156044_1428512787294045_5695174965762981888_o.jpg (1920x1080, 336K)

I love the thought of offensive military actions, yoinking monuments looks fun. Expanding military so you can fight pirates and the crown was one of the things 5 got right. How is the voice acting? Lulu was a step sown from Sunny and Penultimo.

Who even likes tropical?

Its always the same sunny shithole filled with unbearble browns

Wheres my comfy white town sim?

What's some shit you want from Tropico, Yea Forums? I know 6 is what it is, but if you had a wishlist, what would it be?
>Other AI nations that you can interact with and go to war with
>More incentive to go the evil dictator route than benevolent El Presidente
>More free capitalist shit rather than the State Capitalism we see in game
>More political shit (infighting between factions, race riots, civil unrest, mobs of protestors clashing against each other, etc)

Attached: IMG_3749.jpg (1920x1080, 462K)

Have you heard of Cities Skylines?

fuck cities skylines its too white for me dawg

Attached: 37782782_1392124177590182_503736059650113536_o.jpg (1440x810, 131K)

youtube.com/watch?v=7Xn3L1OQlWs
The old songs to make a return.

Attached: 15625993_10154686392040731_2597904144961744870_o.jpg (1920x1080, 473K)

>Where's my comfy white town sim?
>Fuck CS, it's too white for me
Wut

Attached: IMG_2687.jpg (480x318, 39K)

Proper terraforming

aka transport simulator

wypipo are keeping us brothas down with urban planning

Attached: 28070467_10215244136199546_305575553586449646_o.jpg (1920x1080, 487K)

Dude my favorite part of the game is that every song is a remix of Despacito

tourists get nice hotels and brown people entertain them, it's the natural order

I'm new to Tropico series. Can I just build shit in these games without having to worry about economy?

based

No, you DEFINITELY have to worry about the economy.

>cities are essentially run on supply transportation, making a good street layout essential for city living
>old shitty towns with tiny streets are known for being hellholes where no one can go anywhere and there's nowhere to park
>cities ARE streets and transportation

>"muh transport simulator"

Do you also complain there's too much shooting in gun games?

The only one I ever played was 5 on PS4. Loved it. Got the platinum trophy.

What's the appeal of tropico games? I can understand Anno as it's a fairly complex economy simulator, but wtf you are supposed to do in tropico?

I know 5 is not well liked but this shit always get me going
youtu.be/uAl3A3YoSPA

It's pretty good but I'm still disappointed they never added 4 lane roads and they wasted time on the steal world wonders feature which is way too sily for my taste.

If you play the campaign or the normal sandbox games, you absolutely have to worry about it, but you can just select unlimited money or start with so much cash you virtually never go bankrupt.

If Broker is still there it's trash, what a trash mechanic that spoils everything.

True

Attached: 1442492412444.jpg (1453x969, 280K)

I got Tropico 3 for free several years ago but never played it. Is it any good?

Be as much of an asshole as possible and still be in power. Most of the population slaving away in your farms and factories while your hand picked loyalist soldiers live like kings.

Can you imprison and execute all the gays and blacks?

Yes you can.

Broker?

The problem with Tropico games is they come off way too casual. There's no depth to the system and its all fairly basic. Islands are way too tiny as well.

it's still there, what's the problem, it's just extra quests plus swiss bank store

It's a bit limited but considered the best of the modern ones.

Is it worth downloading Tropico 5 once the beta ends?
I have 4 but already played it to death, does 5 do things better?

fucking pleb go listen to skrillex

The swiss bank store is basically a bunch of get out of jail free cards with no drawback so you can literally put no effort in juggling faction demands and such for a trivial fee.

What's wrong with skrillex?

Attached: 1475566108380.jpg (1080x608, 78K)

I have seen people say its even more dumbed down than Tropico 5. Thats not true?

I didn't find that to be the case, but then again i wasn't super invested in the economy before and always played very casually.

I guess, but it'd make the game more difficult, considering you couldn't have certain jobs, since your citizens' skins are determined by their job. Be nice if that was an improvement in these game: giving citizens actual skins and identities besides their job

Today’s Latin music is getting a bit shitty but it’s not fucking Mariachi

Have they added any reason to play as a dictator yet? It's always far easier just creating this wonderful utopia where everybody is happy than it is to execute dissidents and shit.

is tropico city building for casual?
is it weird that i spend more hours on tropico game than cities skylines?

>Easily going to win reelection
>Rig it anyways

Playing as a dictator is the best

>Elections
At least go martial law like a confident strongman.

killyourself

idk man it's something about the lighting and the color palette that makes Cities: Skylines look like absolute shit to me

I like to give the illusion of peace user

I really enjoyed 3 and 4, but couldn't get too into 5, for some reason. Probably because I'm a super ultra casual and kept getting kicked in by the era system.
I'm probably going to end up buying it, though.

The only things that actually disrupt your game flow when you are in equilibrium are still natural disasters right? Like you don't get export price crashes or pirates delaying the freights or a drought wrecking the year's harvest or an outbreak of disease?

soulless

damn dude this is one of the worst posts of all time

>Resorts to bait to keep the thread alive
Thats pretty sad

Attached: Viper7.png (1434x1140, 1.84M)

It's fucking great what are you talking about

what game is this, CS? how many mods?

>DB
>Empire State Building
someone dreaming of the Großreich?

sorry

>always max out instability and enable rebel likeliness
>still only one or two rebel attacks ever in 50 years

Maybe I should actually play like a scumbag and make people hate me.

comfy kino is back?

>What do you think about it Yea Forums?
as usual, will get the complete edition dirt cheap in a few years. fuck all those DLCs

Tropico is currently on sale. which one is the best one?

Attached: thinking.png (680x521, 115K)

DO NOT BUY 5

Have they fixed retarded builders

fuck, Im currently installing 5 that I pirated a few minutes ago

> Steal monuments

Like... You can transport the lincoln memorial via helicopter and bring it to you archipelago or something?

exactly that, think evil genius fidel castro instead of dr. evil

how are they retarded? build more offices and make wages higher and they'll get shit done

5 is actually challenging although 6 is 5 but better in every way.

pathing used to be shit IIRC