Silksong

I'm sorry but there is absolutely no way that this is going to live up to Hollow Knight. The original is an absolute masterpiece, a stroke of genius.

Attached: silksong.jpg (1038x576, 64K)

>female protag
we're gonna review bomb it

>The original is an absolute masterpiece, a stroke of genius
It's an 8/10

Reminder Cuphead was the superior indie game over HK.

This, still lots of room for improvement, and it looks like Silksong is going the right direction.
The only thing they don't need to change is the music (already confirmed it's the same composer) and how the map works. Those are 10/10.

It would be if it was at least 10 hours long

>the original is an absolute masterpiece

Attached: 1551244303153.jpg (640x646, 45K)

If Cuphead was only the normal boss fights then maybe, the platforming and flying sections were legit terrible.

Something being a masterpiece doesn't mean it can't be surpassed.

No, we like Hornet.

Fuck off, contrarians. This game should be held as high as SM64 and BotW. Without being told, you could never guess it's an indie game. It obliterates 99% of AAA and indie titles

The simplicity of HK and the fact that you're so limited in your movement is what makes it great. The fact that Hornet is super acrobatic and that we've seen a quest board in the trailer is worrying. Having this many tools might end up making the game too easy, they should have gave her her boss moveset and limit it at that. Speaking of Hornet, it seems she absorbs all the HKs in ending 3. Is my knight part of her now? Am I in a way still playing as my boy?

Unless they go full SJW on us, the new gameplay options seem to be really fun, so it could be pretty good.

>Botw
>Good

Are you trying to out-contrarian yourself?

It can only get better desu. I bounced off of original Hollow Knight so hard because I didn't know where the fuck I was going. If they make a better map system here, I'll probably stick around.

>they should have gave her her boss moveset and limit it at that
Without counting the new "charm" system, all we've seen in the trailer is literally her boss moveset. Giving her a bit more than that shouldn't be a problem to balance and has potential for even better platforming than HK.

Nintendo games are unironically the only games that deserve their review scores

This is a falseflag, isn't it?

Have you missed the part where she has a million tools for traversal? Or is that what you mean by charm system? Do we know for sure she's limited on what she can bring?

How come all HK threads have to start with people arguing over it being either absolute shit or a flawless gem?
It's like you really can't start a thread in this board without baiting a few shitposters at the beginning.

>The original is an absolute masterpiece, a stroke of genius.
What a fucking stupid and obnoxious thing to say. I really hope you aren't over 15 years old.

Because it's a flawless gem, so when somebody pretends they've played it and tries to stain this absolute Mona Lisa of video games, they get free (You)s

Do we know how the movement will work? I expect it to start pretty barebones before finding unlocks just like hollow knight. Might be similar to a metroid contrivance where the character loses all her tools at the beginning.

>this absolute Mona Lisa of video games
Oh alright, you're just a falseflagger.

Imagine.

Shills responding to Contrarians.

There is this concept called a “Middle Ground”, kiddos.

It’s a very competent metroidvania with an interesting setting and nothing more. If you don’t like the setting or the style of game, of course you won’t like it. If you do like the genre, you will probably find it enjoyable and it may even be your favorite game in the genre. It’s a solid game. It isn’t the game to end all games.

stop being objective faggot

It was originally supposed to be dlc... so yeah, your right but at the same time we have to remember it is a 2d platformer, in order for a 2d platformer to be memorable they have to change the gameplay style for each game to make it unique. Look at the original sonic games or kirby. They changed their gameplay and style by adding things like copy abilities or new characters. Hollow knight's just following the trend of improvement it needs to take in order to improve itself by venturing into new territory. One day the franchise might get so big that enters the feared/revered 3d plat former.

This! nothing is a masterpiece, nothing is the best. everything just good!

Original's gameplay is kinda bland though, Hornet looks much more fun to play as.

Imagine if you will.

Hornet meeting a “Redeemed Vessel” that’s just been chilling in a remote corner of the new kingdom.

Explains he has long since forgiven the Pale King for his fucked up birth.

And turns out to be the chillest character in Silksong, not even wanting to fight Hornet.

Just the weird things this user comes up with.

Since this is the Hollow Knight thread I'd like to ask if some of you feel the same as me regarding the Path of Pain. It's weird because people will complain about it for being too hard but I did it without dying on my first try (I did have Hiveblood, to be fair). I also see people in threads that have 250 tries on NKG. Jesus christ, are people just bad in general? It took me max 15 tries. Path of pain is like your average meatboy level, without being bite-sized of course and the bosses are really well designed and feel like a dance, so how can you necessitate TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY tries or claim it's bullshit.
what a cool fucking fight too I can't wait to do it on Radiant

do you think silksong will follow up on pic related? would be a shame for them to tease something like this and then drop it.

Attached: onii-san.png (1168x726, 552K)

Yeah, if you have Hiveblood equipped it's piss easy. I guess these people just tried to power through it without it.