WHAT WENT SO WRONG?

WHAT WENT SO WRONG?
i dont undferstand why everyone hate this game

Attached: DEAD-OR-ALIVE-6-Torrent-Download.jpg (680x382, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ynws-163sUY?t=216
youtube.com/watch?v=fflSVwuUWxM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a shit fighter, and it's only redeemable quality is T&A and skimpy costumes

bad press about them toning it down to appeal to people who weren’t going to buy it anyway

From what I hear mechanically its probably the best DoA, which is a shame because that fact gets overshadowed by the horrible dlc practices and fan service. The present station is t doing it any favors either. The way the story is presented and the quality of the VO/VA and writing is pretty bad.

Casual sexy fighting game was turned in casual fighting game. When do we nuke california?

at least the music is pretty good
youtu.be/ynws-163sUY?t=216

some people play it on pc

Don't forget that the "people" they pandered to slammed it anyway for not being feminist enough! So they lost the fans and got no new customers. Good job DoA, you are Dead on Arrival.

Really shitty PR.

DoA without TnA is Smash without Nintendo. It just doesn’t work.

Season Pass/DLC practices & trying to tone down the sex appeal to get into esports and EVO and failing hard (especially since SC6 did the opposite and got in). What really didn't help was them flip-flopping back and forth on the issue, alienating old fans and new alike.

Fake news which goes to show people blindly follow gaming journalism more than they care to say.
That said, fightan games live and die on word of mouth because normalfags who decide to buy one aren't going to go buy naked anime girl games, they're going for Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat.

>mechanically its probably the best DoA
uhh no, its better ane worse than 5 in different ways, which itself was the worst mechanically

even in this state its still one of the better fighters out there, certainly moreso than Tekken 7

$93 dollar season pass wtf!
I might have picked this up at some point but come on.

they toned down the franchises major selling point
do this to any franchise and it'll flop

Yea Forums hates it because it tones down the tits and sjws hate it because of tits

Completely fucked up their marketing. They tried to play it as making the game more serious in the west, and same old in Japan. They were never clear if it was getting really toned down or not. And what do you know, the game is also a mixed bag where they obviously weren't sure what direction they were going in.

This is while completely failing to sell it as an esports. They figured just some visual tweaks would change everyone's mind. But competitive players are interested in mechanics. DoA6 is a better DoA game, but a lot of people don't like how it plays. If you don't like not being rewarded for landing a hit and entering another guessing game it does help that.

>b-b-but they backtracked
Partially yes. But when you have spent over a year with a confused message, the consumer is also confused. If you wanted a lewd game DoA5 is already there, if you want a competitive fighter there has never been so much choice since the 90s.

>better than tekken

t. 9th Kyu

Attached: 1550386638810.jpg (276x254, 13K)

Do I need to buy the digital deluxe version if I want Nyotengu? Or is she included in the bonus that they are giving right now? Also if I want Mai can I buy her at a later time or do I HAVE to buy the stupid season pass?

>which goes to show people blindly follow gaming journalism more than they care to say.
Or they trusted their eyes when they saw changes being made. Once someone has lost interest it is way harder to get them back. Jiggle is the prime example. It was gone and at that moment many people just tuned out, simply putting any jiggle wasn't going to bring them back at that point. It would need to be an even better version of soft engine with new features. Instead we got bitch basic jiggle that sometimes jiggles a bit less in some clothes.

No one hates the game itself. Everyone hates the company's shitty PR campaign.

Jiggle wasn't gone it was toned down, just keep parroting what kotaku tells you though.

>Jiggle wasn't gone it was toned down
They were like rocks in the first gameplay videos
youtube.com/watch?v=fflSVwuUWxM

omg mode will save everything

>Neither appeal to hardcore fighting fans
>Nor the fan services fans
>And its too fucking expensive

NINETY THREE FUCKING DOLLARS. Even EA spaces out their DLC better than that.

The game is fine. The DLCs out the ass is not. Those Day 1 dlcs should have been in the game. Deluxe edition should have been + season pass

you can get the base game for $30