Is TF2 dying because of the learning curve...

youtube.com/watch?v=hj6duP3Ynt0
Is TF2 dying because of the learning curve? Are new players being pushed away because they aren't being taught how to play the game?

Attached: TF2.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9DgDVg8WOxk
youtube.com/watch?v=YJ1olXe1Feo&list=PLDB53F8AA345292BA
youtu.be/rRxFpr5Javg
youtube.com/watch?v=lU1Qg1oWqz4
youtube.com/watch?v=9DgDVg8WOxk
teamwork.tf/community/statistics
youtube.com/watch?v=qHG-yfbCHrY&pbjreload=10
youtube.com/watch?v=toxY8lHfs30
youtube.com/watch?v=2_RUT5POO5k
youtu.be/9y6U6g8jTGg
youtu.be/ceaqz66WRBc
youtube.com/watch?v=732ftbd9O4c
youtube.com/watch?v=yNFC6tQyWNQ
schedule.gdconf.com/session/brain-computer-interfaces-one-possible-future-for-how-we-play/865257?_mc=blog_x_gdcsfr_le_x_gdcsf_x_x-GDC19
twitter.com/AnonBabble

TF2's "dying" because it's older than 50% of the gaming community. It's over a decade old and still somehow in the top 5 most played on steam.

>dying
name one game that has sustained that many players for so long?

Funke is like Uncle Dane but somehow worse because all of his opinions are wrong, and his "suggestions" are a product of him thinking every TF2 player is a braindead retard who doesn't know what WASD is.

>tf2 dying
>avg. 60k people played it 5 years ago
>avg. 60k people playing it today
kill yourself, discord tranny

WoW, but zoomers will tell you that mmos are dead. Anything that isn't the current fotm is a dead game to gen z faggots

funke's """"career"""" started off with him ripping off old STAR_.

>it's the discord boogieman

I was with this video, until the fucking analogies started, and how he was preaching that the only guides are thanks to the competitive community.
Literally nobody is playing TF2 for comp so nobody gives a fuck what tutorials comp players put out, cause at the end of the day. Shit like "Switch speed" and "C-tapping" don't matter in a casual environment.

>Developers dont care and update annually maybe
>Community is profoundly dedicated, keeps game alive into its double digits and still pumping
It been a longer gap between the jungle update and now then the gap between Jungle and MyM
And we still know NOTHING on the next update
They should honestly just rely on the community to make new shit and make updates more frequent

>Watching any TF2 Youtuber
>Ever

Attached: 1547106387624.jpg (300x260, 29K)

Is this the guy who unironically says Engineer is overpowered?

Attached: 1545559715335.jpg (330x275, 30K)

This honestly, look at fucking frontline.tf
Looks like something old Valve would make. Game already has a shitload of weapons, instead of adding more they should just focus on balancing them and putting out reskins.

Fuck, has it really been that long already?
Doesn’t feel like it

Retard

TF2 died when they got rid of all the community servers. Now there is zero quality control in terms of people and servers.

go to any valve server and WASD is about as far as these people get

Average player numbers today are the same as they were in 2012.
>dying

>TF2
>learning curve
Am I being rused?

>esportsfags
Fuck off retards, keep your no fun allowed garbage from TF2. No one fucking plays this game to compete, there's CS or fighting games for that shit.

Attached: 1527665072528.png (625x773, 143K)

I agree, he doesn't even play TF2 anymore, when he does its just to bitch. God funke is a faggot. I'd rather listen to uncle dane whine then funke's nasally voice complain.

>compfags
>competitive TF2 at all
Nobody wants a lime green soldier tryhard killing friendlys and yelling about “slot wasting casual morons” in their TF2 game
Either tone it down and learn to have fun or fuck off to something people play competitive

>biggest faggot among community figures has the most subscribers

>slot wasting casual retards
>in a 24 player game that almost always has openings
Is this the power of comefags?

TF2 IS DYING BECAUSE IT IS OVER A DECADE OLD

FUCK OFF

>tryhard killing friendlys
i'd rather fucking have that then have friendlies. God friendlies are the worst fucking thing in existence, theres nothing cute or endearing about being a "friendly" it's fucking annoying. Play the game you monogoloid or go back to playing mario kart with all the other kids

>hate compfags
>hate friendlys
Im not sure where to stand on this
Fuck you both I guess

youtu.be/9DgDVg8WOxk

Is he right though? Is this what TF2 needs?

>TF2 is dying
>has had exact same player count for 6 years
>doubles during any update

Attached: 1545710698548.png (2304x1080, 1.68M)

Why are people shilling cringesports so bad?

>discord boogieman
it actually exists though

Tf2 is like that grumpy old man that refuses to die no matter how hard life hits him and everyone on town loves

I slightly agreed with him, but he unironically thinks that the TF Team is somehow still this big thing of like 50 people, when in reality its like sub 15 working on different shit from models, to sounds, to textures, to maps, to designs, which is a daunting fucking task for those who are left developing the game.

>nutf2bers
watching these faggots is exactly the reason you're not going to git gud

does tf2 need updates?

competetive update killed tf2 for me

RuneScape

friendlies are obnoxious redditors

MMO's are dead though

>somehow

get the fuck outta here retard

TF2 isn't dying.
There's zero requirement for skill in a casual match, because there's zero punishment for death. You just go in, do whatever the fuck you feel like doing, and then leave afterwards with no consequences.

>Is TF2 dying because of the learning curve?
they say the same about fighting games not being more popular but i doubt that is a real issue. the real issue is exposure and sometimes novelty. tf2 just isn't new and shiny anymore.

>Game requires skill that you can't instantly gain overnight because the ceiling is high as all fuck
>This is problematic!
This is like complaining about not being able to win in OG Mario Golf by spamming perfect max power shots

Who hasn't played TF2 at this point? it's like the first shooter every steamfag plays. Not that I'm knocking on it of course, better than mobafaggotry. To be honest we're overdue for a TF3, hopefully it'll be one of the first games on Source 2 when they start making games on it next century.

wow look at this reference. mario golf jeez haven’t played that in a while.

60,000 autistic people still play TF2

This, literally every match has stacked teams

i have 2 minutes of "playtime" in tf2. downloaded it years ago and launched to the menu once then closed it

What the fuck is he talking about?

Team Fortress is not only one of the most accessible and intuitive shooters of all time, it invented tons of new teaching and feedback tools like the killcam. Every single aspect of TF2 is laser-fucking-focused on making sure the player understands what's happening and why.

>I'm at the class selection
>I have zero clue what's going on!
Did you try reading the fucking blackboard you illiterate piece of shit? It tells you exactly what each class does.

>the game doesn't tell you about supports and attack and defense
IT LITERALLY SEPARATES THE CLASSES BY THESE CATEGORIES

>the blackboard is too brief!
It's fucking fine you moron.

>how do my weapons work!?
>what do I do!?
You click M1 like in every other game ever, and what you do was explained IN AN EXTENDED IN-GAME VIDEO THAT PLAYS EVERY TIME YOU START A NEW MODE

Jesus fucking christ how much paint thinner does someone have to drink to get on this guy's level

Attached: 1392228465874.gif (390x277, 2.31M)

TF2 comes from an age where it was common for people to have played Half Life 2 so the controls would feel intuitive.

It would require a substantial update to offer the kind of solutions that the YT video suggests and Valve simply is not interested in giving that amount of time to a game in maintenance mode.

It's a shame because TF2 was a masterpiece.

>"people"

TF2 isn't hard to git gud at, the problem is figuring out what the skills you need are. You don't know what works and what doesn't until you do everything by trial and error because most class guides are either outdated or not very good and 6s tactics and meta doesn't apply to pubs. Many mechanics are hidden or only mentioned on the wiki

I've taught numerous players the basics and they went from jose.gonzalez tier to a pubstomper in the span of a week. Of course there are still many minor things you need to know to be the best but you can do well in pubs if you have good fundamentals

TF2 needs a working tutorial and coaching system for starters. The fact that less than half the classes have a working tutorial is unacceptable and they don't really teach you what you need to know. Unlocks aren't even mentioned

Speaking of unlocks should be available to all players by default. It's ridiculous in 2019 you still have to buy unlocks as a new player. There are other hurdles too. The most popular gamemode, CTF, is broken and teaches players bad habits that will hurt them when they move on to proper gamemodes. The default config hasn't changed since 2007 and not only has shit performance but makes it very hard for new players to compete with 0.1s of lag on everything they do. Many key features you need to do well in this game are hidden or not mentioned at all like damage numbers and hitsounds

Competitive mode needs to be fleshed out. You will inevitably hit a plateau on pubs and you will rarely be facing players of your own skill level. Before you >REEEEEEEEEE at me, I don't think casual should exist and we should go back to community servers with valve servers being an option if players want to go to them. Random crits and random spread need to go altogether, there is no good reason for them to exist at this point and they hurt the balance of the game. They are confusing to new players because how they work is never explained and they also create bad habits

Attached: soldier.png (557x605, 178K)

Why do friendlies get so butt bothered about getting killed now?

>literally complaining that TF2 uses a server browser instead of MMR so there's a wide skill disparity on normal servers instead of everyone being the fucking same

Attached: giphy.gif (320x205, 2.38M)

Compfag here, I guarantee everybody on our side laughs at lime green soldiers that sperg in casual.

Also I did down your throat, I will pay tf2 competitively as MUCH as I like and there's NOTHING you can do about it.

Oh fucking boy I can't wait to play on a map where the wide open area can be solo'd by someone who spends 60 hours a week playing sniper, and being killed by le epic game engine exploit abusing spy that my tean isn't fucking trying to stop at all.

Also valve nerfed a bunch of shit for no reason what-so-fucking-ever.

Attached: DqOI1teX4AIKLrX.png (640x388, 457K)

but user they outsourced that stuff pretty heavily

To be fair casual is almost always a one sided stomp. MMR system, if it even exists, doesn't work right now.

as opposed to?

>I’m too stupid to understand these mechanics so they don’t matter and no one uses them

There are already tons of guide on steam and the wiki to get gud. The problem would be to attract players that can get invested in the game, since the playerbase nowadays seems to be 30% veterans with the rest being an everchanging current of newbies who installed it because free stuff

>Be compfag
>Just want to play competitive with competitive players with a competitive ruleset
>Casualfags yell at you because they think you're responsible for MyM or that you want call turned into casual 6s even though no intelligent comp player wants that
>Valve ignores you because there's an item/class bans list which is enforced by people that expect valve to make the first move
>Get bored because the format isn't open to any form of innovation

It's hard bros, hopefully the no bans 6s league will solve this, I hope b4nny managed to get his ideas implemented.

Wow. This may be the single worst "youtube deconstruction essay" I've ever fucking seen. Pretty much everything he says is flat-out wrong.

I wonder if he ever remembered that the video tutorials play automatically on your first game(s), because it seems like he's completely forgotten that they exist.

Also
>Overwatch strategy is more intuitive, accessible, and stable than TF2 6s
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: Icantfuckingbreathe.gif (400x234, 500K)

>lots of people still play it so I don't have to actually address all the shitty state of the current game
>just get good, you can totally solo a stacked team nerd

You're all a bunch of tards

>Literally nobody is playing TF2 for comp so nobody gives a fuck what tutorials comp players put out
Meta loadouts in comp are usually the best in pubs and many of the fundamentals you need to do well in comp transfer to TF2. Obviously things like midfight strategies don't but other things like heal order, rollouts, pushing rules, baiting, uber usage, and map control do.

Attached: welcome to 6s.gif (500x479, 419K)

>GUYS TF2 NEEDS TO BE AN ESPORT IF IT WANTS TO LIVE THROUGH 2019
fuck off

I quit years ago when it got to the point where I couldn't play enough to get the drops to craft the new weapon packs. I bought the game before it was free to play, so I'm not dumping more money into the shop.

wow what a surprise someone else that advocates the game wiping your ass. i understand you know how to play already but these games that come out now are pathetic.

theres so much hand holding and explaining its ridiculous not to mention the gameplay is so dumbed down. i am truly concerned for the gaming industry as they try to over inflate the market and get every little kid and their grandmother to play games.

growing up video games was like a niche audience and the games reflected that. when my 65 year old aunt comes over and asks if i play fornite... thats where i draw the line.

>stacked teams
just search for a new match.

Demands for a proper tutorial exists since that game got released.

He is actually correct though.

The video tutorials don't explain anything in depth.

And yes 6s strategy is really confusing.
>hold
>fake push
>force pop
>build
>uber counting
>respawn wave optimisation
All these things are completely counter intuitive, overwatch has much more streamlined strategy. Also I guess you couldn't tell me what goats is since you're completely unaware of how both games play at a competitive level.

Literally EVERY match I have attempted to play in this past week has had stacked teams

MMOs were dead since 2007.

TF2 is dying because it's old

what time have you been playing at though?

>implying tf2fags here aren't really vocal about the shitty state of the current game
i'm glad tf2 predated the corporate competitive scene and never really caught on other than some niche leagues

Kinda like RTS

>wow what a surprise someone else that advocates the game wiping your ass. i understand you know how to play already but these games that come out now are pathetic.
There is a difference between hand holding and not explaining shit at all. Tutorials are not mandatory and never should be but the information SHOULD be available to players who want it without having to dig through the wiki for everything. Things like damage statistics should be listed on every weapon.

>not to mention the gameplay is so dumbed down
I'm all for raising the skill ceiling wherever possible, having tutorials doesn't change that. These things are not mutually exclusive.

Afternoons, and sometimes later at 10-11

Again: TF2 is one of the most accessible games ever made and specifically made huge strides in making online shooters more accessible. The killcam, class counters and categories, in-game videos, and the general simplicity of the game itself are all engineered to make the game simple to understand and minimize or completely eradicate moments where a player goes "I have no idea what's happening."

Saying TF2 isn't accessible to new players with a straight face is like saying it's too hard to get a hit in tee ball.

Attached: imretarded.gif (240x180, 2M)

Well, don't that beat all?

Attached: Awesome Gamer At Play.webm (720x406, 2.91M)

Any mod that adds low-LoD models for hats that don't have them? I want better performance without playing with N64 models.

Maybe these things were true years ago, but what about now

Meta doesn't know how to deal with a good Pyro player, since comp pretends this class doesn't exist.
They get pretty salty when you own them as well, throwing classist slurs at you or even kicking you from the server.

I swear, these TF2 "youtubers" just want to bitch about everything in the game because bitching about pointless shit brings tons of views.

Wow, your class based shooter game isn't actually all that competetive for most people, and the majority of the games players play in 24-32 player servers casually

where the fuck is the learning curve? Join a fuckin Granary server, pick heavy, and shoot his gun. Not everyone wants to play the incredibly stale competetive modes you play

Attached: 1551562686753.jpg (585x583, 64K)

>The video tutorials don't explain anything in depth.
You don't need anything in-depth. He's complaining that there's no explanation of the game's goal but he's just fucking wrong.

>6s bullshit that should be intuitive to anyone entering comp anyway
That has absolutely nothing to do with the video or the game's accessibility at all. Competitive play is not what the game was designed for nor is it something anyone expects people who are new to FPS in general to immediately jump into.

>you've unaware of how both games play at a comp level
I was Master in Overwatch back when it hadn't outstayed its welcome and I played Highlander for 4 years. Overwatch's meta is constantly shifting because that's how Blizzard does balance. TF2's meta in comparison has barely changed since 2007.

Attached: 1478784940948.gif (248x225, 203K)

>TF2 doesn't have tutorials
Sounds like a retard who skipped the map intros that play IN GAME
youtube.com/watch?v=YJ1olXe1Feo&list=PLDB53F8AA345292BA
He has a valid point on the weapons though, that shit is overwhelming to new players but generally stock weapons are the best, barring a few exceptions he named in the video.

I have over 600 hours in the game and I still don't know the mechanics of half of the non-stock weapons because I never used them.

I don't get it, all of that strategy derives from basic mechanics + timing. It shouldn't be something that needs its own tutorial, specially when the game encourages team voice chat.

It's still true now. TF2's learning curve is literally just the player's personal curve for all FPS'. They're motherfucking identical.

stock is surprisingly viable for most classes

>Highlander player
oh, I should've known

>wahhhhhhhhhh everything I said got shit on
Don't you have another video to make funke

>Highlander

Attached: chris laugh.gif (800x352, 2.74M)

WoW killed the mmo genre

He didn't skip them, he's just been playing TF2 so long he forgot they existed and he didn't bother doing five seconds of fact-checking before putting up his video.

TF2 was my first FPS and I got into it fine, the guy in OP's video is just retarded

Attached: 1551740745557.png (500x281, 49K)

>TF2 is one of the most accessible games ever made
It's really not, you are biased because you've already invested a lot of time into it. Just an example of something I see in pubs all the time that annoys the shit out of me is medics not using crit heals. It is a core mechanic that is absolutely necessary to play the class effectively but it is never mentioned ANYWHERE in the game. The default config is another example of something you have to replace if you want to stand a chance against good players. How would you ever know about it unless someone told you? Then there's the 150ish unlocks in the game and it's not very obvious which ones are good and which ones aren't. What about rocket jumping or crouch jumping? Not explaining these things may have been fine in 2007 with most players already having experience in other valve games but today? Not a chance. It's not even explained in the fucking soldier tutorial.
>class counters and categories
Those aren't explained properly either. Many people still think spy is the engineer's counter and not demo. Demo and Pyro are listed in the wrong roles. Demo is a powerful pushing class while Pyro's most useful ability is denying ubers, spychecking, and reflecting spam.

Attached: tf2 counter system.png (1275x1650, 329K)

youtu.be/rRxFpr5Javg
Newbies are pushed away because they get fucked by default settings.

>Meta doesn't know how to deal with a good Pyro player, since comp pretends this class doesn't exist.
>This is what Pyro mains ACTUALLY believe
youtube.com/watch?v=lU1Qg1oWqz4

Attached: scout superlative laugh.jpg (410x468, 61K)

nah this is for the weak, i played tf2 back in the day with no tutorials or information. you get good thats how you learn.

You don't have a three digit iq do you?
All you said was complete nonsense, you're not worth me explaining it, so keep coping if you wanna.

Attached: DfwyGfnW4AYc2Ye.png (600x600, 60K)

>What about rocket jumping or crouch jumping?
it's an ancient technique from older games, pretty sure one of the early promos of the game featured like a million soldiers jumping

>TF2 has a bad learning curve
>TF2
I...what? What the fuck? Is this guy on a permanent drip of ketamine or something?

I literally cannot think of a single online shooter with a better learning curve than TF2.

I bet this nigger says Overwatch has a better learning curve because it goes "THERE'S NO HEALER" "THERE'S TOO MANY TANKS" despite the fact that absolutely no meta comp has ever satisfied the retarded in-game tooltips.

>Funke or Dane would complain and say, "B-B-BUT THIS VIDEO SHOWS THE FINAL MAP FIRST CAP, NOT THE FIRST MAP FIRST CAP NEWER PLAYERS WOULD GET CONFUSED

>that image
opinion immediately discarded, you have no idea what the fuck you're doing.

runescape died then came back to life

>new players should have to suffer with laggy unusable controls, I don't want my game to grow

and I pointed out that out. it may have been okay in 2007 but it isn't today. most new players never touched the half life series or team fortress classic and it's unreasonable to assume that.

I don't have the updated image with hard counters reworded to soft counters gone but other than that what is wrong with it? Give me an answer that isn't shitposting.

45 seconds in and his lisp has made me shut his video off.

Fun fact. Most rage quits happens because of Pyros. There is even an achievement acknowledging that.
Stay retarded.

>achievements
>ragequits
>comp

>either a gimmick weapon that excels at one thing and is shit at everything else or slightly modified stats from stock
There you now know the mechanics of every unlock

>HOW DO I ROCKET JUMP IT NEVER TELLS YOU IT'S EVEN A THING
you may have brain damage

I'm sorry, I would be right there with you if you were talking about anything even REMOTELY complicated (like Quake movement styles), but rocket jumping? Fucking seriously? You don't even need to crouch in TF2, you just jump and shoot at the ground. Its not rocket science or brain surgery.

>what's wrong with this image besides the entire fucking concept of counters
lolololol

>heh I own comp players with my pyro skills
nigga EVERYONE sees you coming a mile away with your A D A D A D ill refwect u :3 bullshit
pyro is never seen in comp because it's slow, has poor range, poor damage and is overal fucking stupid, not because "pyro players shit on soldiers and demoes"

Runescape died because of "QoL" changes like these faggots are trying to introduce to TF2

i mean, there's a reason why items like the rocket jumper and sticky jumper exist
tf2 it's a game that encourages communication in every single aspect, if you give the tools to a community, they will create and expand the meta

If TF2 has a good learning curve, how come my team is still retarded?

Attached: Medic makes Archimedes.png (422x500, 352K)

Not to mention the maps themselves are made to be retard proof. Maps have labelled objectives, each team's base is color coded, resupply lockers and battlements are labelled, there are arrows painted around most maps, the Announcer chiming in updates to the match, and don't even get me started on the HUD.

>I bet this nigger says Overwatch has a better learning curve because it goes "THERE'S NO HEALER" "THERE'S TOO MANY TANKS" despite the fact that absolutely no meta comp has ever satisfied the retarded in-game tooltips.
He does exactly this.

Attached: oopsimafuckingmoron.png (628x303, 268K)

>Get bored because the format isn't open to any form of innovation
What do you think the RGL no restrictions league represents if not openness to innovation?

Attached: 1547416156373m.jpg (733x1024, 80K)

>You don't even need to crouch in TF2
Yes you do, a standard rocket jump is fucking worthless. You can't even get up most buildings with a standard rocket jump.

>you may have brain damage
clearly you just want to shitpost and not have an actual discussion here. so I'm not going to bother.

>thinks counters don't exist
the only retard here is you.
>thinks engineer doesn't counter scout

Right? Every fucking element of the game is constantly pointing you towards what you should be doing.

I don't know what this guy wants outside of a literal person in your ear telling you exactly what to do AND OH WAIT WHAT'S THIS TF2 FUCKING HAS THIS IT'S CALLED THE COACHING SYSTEM AND IT'S BEEN IN THE GAME FOR 8 FUCKING YEARS NOW

Attached: gxGgzXt.gif (720x404, 3.42M)

BEST POST

You're wrong on deep levels and I don't feel like explaining so please just know that everyone sees you're retarded.
>hurr durr bitches don't know bout my goats comp

Attached: 1551027642384.jpg (509x371, 30K)

Yes, but the league is absolutely unique, it was quite literally made to offer that possibility, did you not understand that?

>thinks engineer counters scout
>thinks engineer counters anyone
I see you're absolute trash. Perhaps you shouldn't advertise that fact.

Maybe the fact that everyone runs 2 scouts but no one runs engi unless there's a kritz or it's final point asym CP should've clued you in that engi doesn't counter scout.

Attached: skwisgif.gif (400x224, 762K)

Funnily enough they got rid of the Defense category entirely. Valve could do the same with Putting generalist classes like Soldier, Demoman, and Medic in their own category while specialists like Engineer and Heavy can stay where they are. Maybe move Sniper from support to defense.

>i mean, there's a reason why items like the rocket jumper and sticky jumper exist
which would be a good point if they were given to players by default and not rare drops.

>tf2 it's a game that encourages communication in every single aspect
why should I have to go look up tutorials on youtube and read through the wiki to learn the basic mechanics of my class? it's laziness on valve's part, there's no excuse for it.
>hurpderp but thats how it was in the olden days
well it's 2019 and it's not okay anymore. even a game as old fashioned as quake live has a proper tutorial now.

Diamondback is broken as fuck
Tide Turner having bullets stop it makes it suck compared to screen
When the heavy gets a buff (lol) tomislav will be broken as shit
Revolvers need a tighter spread come
Sniper needs adjusted but I don't know how
Crossbow is still stupid and leagues better than stock, breaking a core rule of tf2
Homewrecker ruins defense due to it upsetting the spy engine dynamic even harder in engines favor
Escape plan shouldn't random crit
Mini sentries are still for shit players that deserve every time they're called a faggot in game or real life
Remove dead ringer. i don't care how shit it is now from an honest standpoint, some faggot will still run it
Revert either the dead zone or damage falloff from the ambassador. Revolver is literally better in every sense now. I'd bet even enforcer can out race it
Think that's all my salt

>Maybe the fact that everyone runs 2 scouts but no one runs engi unless there's a kritz or it's final point asym CP should've clued you in that engi doesn't counter scout.
because engie takes a long time to build a sentry nest you tard and can't push.

The minimum needed to play tf2 and be good is.
A working body.
Object permanence.
And the ability to learn from experience.

youtube.com/watch?v=9DgDVg8WOxk
>TF2 needs more competitive

Attached: retarded wojak 053.png (542x512, 52K)

Sorry, I deleted my post because I'm retarded but I'll reply anyways!

I recognize that the ruleset has been stagnant for a while but I disagree that the community isn't open to innovation. 4s is relatively new and NRL while being uniquely open actually is a sign of community openness.

i was just excited to tell a new potentially interested player about NRL because i replied too hastily to notice you already knew about it

It's dying because they destroyed the community servers in favour of pushing the shitty matchmaking onto new players.

And that means, everybody together now:
ENGI DOESN'T COUNTER SCOUT

>the meet the team videos are now 10 years old
Fuck

Attached: 229AF9AA-2324-41B1-9BFA-07A3C222A903.jpg (491x366, 125K)

if scout can't do anything to beat him then he is a counter. 5cp is unfavorable to all the defense classes because there is no setup time. If you think engie is useless in other gamemodes like payload or attack defend you are the dumbest motherfucker in this thread by far.

>which would be a good point if they were given to players by default and not rare drops.
there are many more options to acquire weapons, but drops are an incentive for playing, if someone ever needs that kind of incentive
>why should I have to go look up tutorials on youtube and read through the wiki to learn the basic mechanics of my class?
1. You said it best, it's not 1998 anymore.
2. Rocket jumping, while easy. It technically isn't a basic mechanic.
3. You can pretty much pickup everything you need by observing players.

I got a manky eye

“10 years ago” is powerful

>if scout can't do anything to beat him
bonk cola, teammate distraction, jumping from an angle when the sentry is looking away, you can literally run circles around a sentry and chunk it because the turn speed is so slow.

I never said engi was useless, I said he doesn't counter scout. Because he fucking doesn't.

I am sure sure that the community is open, I just feel like competitive authorities aren't. [spoilerBut thanks for spreading the word about the NRL, if my calculations are correct, it should fix tf2 for good.[/spoiler] ;_;

And tell me, how does that long setup time help him hard counter the most mobile class in the game who has basically the same primary weapon and the same amount of health?
Engi needs team support to beat, well, pretty much anyone.

>there are many more options to acquire weapons
Like what? Spending $10 on weapons on the store? Jumping through hoops to trade items which nobody ever does in valve servers and trade servers generally aren't for stock weapons?
>but drops are an incentive for playing
Good gameplay will keep them playing, carrot on a stick is for shitty games that have bad gameplay. Besides cosmetics can fill this role and already do without withholding meta weapons that you need to do well like the ubersaw or sandvich.
>Rocket jumping, while easy. It technically isn't a basic mechanic.
It is a basic mechanic. Soldier is not effective unless you know how to rocket jump. He can't put out as much damage as demo and his mobility isn't free like scout. It is a core part of his class, he needs to be mobile to be a threat otherwise you're just a shittier heavy waddling around everywhere.
>You can pretty much pickup everything you need by observing players.
The things I listed in my earlier post are not obvious unless someone straight up tells you about them and they are big hurdles. You won't get good at the game without knowing them. If this was enough the majority of pub players would not be so laughably bad at the game.

>bonk cola
can't do any damage while using it and you will be incredibly slow after tanking sentry fire.
>teammate distraction
making this a 2v1
>jumping from an angle when the sentry is looking away
>you can literally run circles around a sentry and chunk it because the turn speed is so slow.
requires bad placement from the engineer

Enjoy your dead variant of the terminally ill TF2.
Friendlies are dumb but the people trying to keep competitive TF2 alive when it was born with an extra chromosome are even dumber. Valve didn't design TF2 that way hence the practically necessary whitelist.
It's never going to take off, you'll never have even 10% of the 60k player base playing comp consistently.

>how does that long setup time help him hard counter the most mobile class in the game who has basically the same primary weapon and the same amount of health?
because there's nothing he can do to beat a level 3 unless the engie does something tremendously stupid like walk out of his sentry's range or place it facing a wall.

It's because there's a fuck ton of people picking it up for the first time. I play in the south america region which has like 800 players at any given time. I can recognize 50 or 60 skilled people from my matches but the rest are players with sub-500 hours or fresh on steam with no pfp

>making this 2v1
Hahaha, holy shit, now you're trying to tell me that engi counters scout 1v1? How the fuck do you think he's going to get set up without help?

You realize how fucking stupid that is right?

>what is advertisement, exposure, balance patches and competitive matchmaking?
Valve balances more and more weapons to fit comp AND casual, not that I'd expect a shitposter to know. When's the last time you turned up the game? 3 years ago?

>How the fuck do you think he's going to get set up without help?
setup time like I already said

It's dying because it's fucking 12 years old.

Coaching is broken but the normal tutorial is still useful

>there's nothing a scout can do to stop a lone entrenched engi!
Except, you know, shoot him or his buildings with the pistol.

>engi totally counters scout!
>if the engi is given a full minute to set up on advantageous terrain and also has teammates protecting him and his buildings from getting plinked
You have brain problems.

Attached: gtfo.gif (280x170, 902K)

It's still one of the highest-played games on Steam and consistently has been since its original launch.

I LOVE TF2

Attached: 1501135215039.jpg (925x835, 75K)

How's he gonna build a level 3 without his team preventing scout from just sanicing his ass over to wherever he's trying to build it?
What's stopping scout from just poking the sentry out of range with his pistol?

>Except, you know, shoot him or his buildings with the pistol.
laughable damage. the fact that you think an engie is just going to walk away from his gun and let you shoot him tells me you play against some real shitters.

>if the engi is given a full minute to set up on advantageous terrai
yes because he is a DEFENSE class and being a weak attacker and slow to setup is his tradeoff for being a strong defender. that is why he is used so frequently on last point because his downsides do not apply there.

not going to bother responding after this because it's clear you're some

You couldn't pick up rocket jumping from observing other players? I picked it up just with the name.

>pistol is laughable damage
opinion discarded
>engi walk away
metal is not infinite and the scout has 200 pistol bullets. Engi has two choices: death by attrition or attempt to directly battle the scout. That you don't understand this tells me you are the real shitter.

>tf2 is dying
Nice projection overbabby. Outliving your shitty moba by a wide margin.

How do I kick my Dustbowl addiction? It's too satisfying uber pushing in the last stage.

>you're some

Attached: wowzerswhatafaggot.png (268x118, 38K)

sure does, all those screenshots are totes real and don't take four minutes to stage

I’m gen z. Tf2 raised me when my parents failed to. Tf2 is the only reason I have any friends. Tf2 is literally the only reason I’m alive today. I probably would’ve killed myself at some point if I didn’t play that game. Please don’t generalize ever again.

coaching has been broken for like the past 3 years user. It also doesnt help you can call a coach on custom servers and just fuckin crash the coach.

>he hard counters scout!
>but only in specific situations!
You have brain damage

>How's he gonna build a level 3 without his team preventing scout from just sanicing his ass over to wherever he's trying to build it?
Setup time, why is reading so difficult for you?

>What's stopping scout from just poking the sentry out of range with his pistol?
engie repairs way faster than you will ever do damage.

>the scout has 200 pistol bullets

Attached: (classical music stops).jpg (298x352, 94K)

>scout has 200 pistol bullets
he has 48
t. scout main

>actually arguing that scout can't plink down a sentry that isn't being helped by someone other than the engineer
dear god please never attempt comp

Attached: jay.gif (294x197, 942K)

>1219 hours and still this retarded
jesus christ

picking engineer is not an "I win" button. soft counter means you have an advantage against a class not automatically win. if you setup your sentry beforehand engineer wins.

Attached: tf2.png (338x143, 79K)

if the scout is in a position to shoot the engineer's buildings with his pistol, wouldn't the engi just wrangle his sentry and shoot the scout?

and then if the scout runs up on him the wrangler still has semi-autoaim so he can still kill the scout easily.

Based zoomer

scout has 3 mags. it costs engie 33 metal to heal 100 damage.

It has now been 20 years since the Wachowski sisters made The Matrix.

it doesn't even matter if he has the wrangler or not because scout will never do more damage than engineer can repair and I don't know why this idiot thinks otherwise.

>6000+ hours
>still doesn't understand that scout pistol beats engi unless teammates or engi himself fuck up the scout
You must really suck at video games.

This zoomer can stay

>still doesn't understand that scout pistol beats engi unless teammates or engi himself fuck up the scout
it doesn't do you think I can't read the fucking wiki and see the numbers for myself?

Attached: bait what.gif (623x626, 63K)

>it doesn't
>I looked up damage numbers on the wiki!
And you've gone full retard.

ammo boxes exist

>video gamez saved my life xP
Get a grip, pussy

your both retarded

Same here.

Attached: 1526934219146.png (128x128, 26K)

Sorry but I find it hard to believe a class that loses an even ground 1v1 is a hard counter. Soft counter sure why not?
The defending team naturally always has an advantage and not every game mode has setup time so those are pretty moot points.

Based on this thread I'm glad I don't play TF2 anymore. Even the 6k+ hour players are complete retards

I never claimed it was a hard counter.

is this nigga serious

Attached: 1544910195977.jpg (240x320, 21K)

teamwork.tf/community/statistics
nah more like 13k

this is the only valid argument. Valve should get off their asses and change the default network settings and default fov to 90.

Sure you didn't. We're all blind.

Attached: 1551891027401.png (1275x1650, 365K)

see >I don't have the updated image with hard counters reworded to soft counters gone

Funke is a faggot

>Is TF2 dying because of the learning curve? Are new players being pushed away because they aren't being taught how to play the game?
Why the fuck do you think this class exists?

Attached: 1523186908761.png (350x431, 110K)

>engi counters scout
lmao engi counters people trying to push alone
not fucking scouts

That's retarded. Nobody is going to want to play pyro forever.

Pyro's extremely effective with an experienced player purely because you can subvert the expectation of dipshit behaviors desu, God help any soldier or demoman against a pyro that can consistently airblast

exactly

pyro is the retard class you can play and get kills with, without needing any skill or experience, until you learn what the other classes do by observation.

youtube.com/watch?v=qHG-yfbCHrY&pbjreload=10
Is he right bros?

Observation cannot teach you to do any of the things you need to do on other classes. Except maybe on the other retard class engineer. You can see where to build.

What Daffy Duck seems to want is for TF2 to become Overwatch except good, not realizing that Overwatch has an endless conga line of flaws that keep is from being good or even interesting for more than a few hours. Meanwhile TF2 has lasted as long as it has because there's more than one thing you can potentially do when queueing for a match. Or not queueing at all, as community servers for various shit still exist. Trying to homogenize the game and demand people take it seriously will backfire spectacularly because it was not designed to be competitive or even particularly balanced.

But why am I even typing this shit here? He will never read it and if he did read it he'd never understand anything I tell him. People who sound, act and think like him hide behind legions of brainless fanboys so they don't have to think. All he really warrants is to be hung from a coat rack by his underpants.

Attached: ow balance.png (985x1485, 154K)

It's dying because it's twelve years old, people move on eventually, save for a niche cult following.

>shits on the deadringer + l'etranger loadout
What a faggot, does he hate fun?

You're really underestimating observation
If you see a soldier rocket jumping gracefully across the map you're going to want to learn how, after trying yourself and failing you're going to look up guides on how it's done

Scout's pistol has very low ammo reserves. The way for Scout to beat Engineer is to circle strafe while holding M1 on either the Engineer or his sentry gun, as sentries are hard-countered if you can simply run around them fast enough.

Do you?

CREAM GRAVY

Attached: 1550313057123.webm (74x42, 607K)

Star_ and Jerma were fun

>
Star is a faggot
and Jerma is only liked by literal 10 year olds

Are there really 47k trading bots just idling in TF2? jesus fucking christ

>-67
They hated Jesus because he told them the truth.

Star_ was a good boy, ster's a whiny bitch nigger
Jerma's stupid as hell but he has the most infectious laugh in the world

right and the patrician choice is FUCKe and uncle cuck

>he thinks 40k bots exist when they dont do anything

recommend me some videos
i watched like 2 that were great and 2 that were really boring.

Sounds retarded, metal has been worth jackshit for years. I'd be minding buttcoins with all those bots.

>Solder switches to shotgun
>Demo switches to loose cannon

eeh

Attached: scout.png (1440x776, 961K)

Are there any GOOD tf2 youtubers? Aside from animators.

No because the best TF2 players don't fall for eceleb faggotry.

there's got to be no way, you would spend more on electricity than you ever would get back in idling for tf2 drops
thats why valve crashed the economy in the first place
but then why are they falsely reporting numbers for a game they clearly don't care about anymore?

you're 5 years too late for that question, all the best have moved on

>2014 summer
>Used to counter Snipe with the Stickybomb from across the map
>Stop playing for a year
>2015 summer
>They nerfed long range Stickybomb mortar sniping

Attached: qfd.jpg (300x168, 6K)

It's reporting 20k online presently, Steam is reporting 50k daily.

Attached: fraglet.jpg (558x524, 123K)

Did TF2 have a big increase of players with all of its updates? I'd imagine there was a boost with F2P (when I ultimately stopped playing I think, shortly after hats were first introduced). Since the major class updates started it was on a downhill slope for me. These days it looks fucking dreadful.

Krunchynaut was decent but he fucked off to Overwatch I think
It's Rose if you want a more active sketchek
B4nny
Skymin Slash if you want insightful discussion

None of them

Because he's pulled those numbers out of his ass, most likely.
youtube.com/watch?v=toxY8lHfs30
>10k players watched this video 30 times each in under a week
Sure.

Because since GDPR external sites have no access to steam user data unless people explicitly enable it.

I'm figuring most of NA is at work right now which is why their numbers are smaller than Europe

>friendlys
fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=2_RUT5POO5k
>the comments
Most people have a massive hateboner for Pyro but how does it relate to comp? Even in the 6v9 comp/pubstar matches, Pyro rarely had a presence.

Attached: I am Heavy Weapons Guy, .webm (640x360, 746K)

>that gta intro
i'd watch it 300 times.

>that intro
NOW ‘ATS QUALITY
Looks offical

it doesn't count people in queues or outside a server in general, dumbasses

This generally depends on how the Engineer is playing

If the Engineer stays in one spot fixing his sentry while a Scout is shooting it down with a pistol, Scout wins

If the Engineer flanks the Scout as he goes to whittle down the sentry and sticks a shotgun up his ass, the Engineer wins.

Also if the Engineer slaps down a minisentry upon encountering a Scout, the Engineer wins.

AHAHAHAHA

what learning CURVE?
fucking RJ? that shit has been around since QUAKE 1!!!!!!!!

oh, thats right, newer games can't let you hurt yourself for a mobility and height increase because it would give you too much of an advantage!
better ban it!

So it's not dead. Great, /thread glad that's wrapped up

b4nny

Attached: cute.png (381x344, 76K)

>It's over a decade old and still somehow in the top 5 most played on steam.
Football Manager is in top 5 ,champ
meanwhile TF2 now barely hangs in the bottom of top 10
looks like people would rather pay to fill out spreadsheets than play your precious hat simulator

It's weird. 50k is celebrated in tf2 threads. In any other game thread, 50k would be laughed at as basically "oh no no no no" tier.

good tf2 youtubers
>anyone who agrees with me
bad tf2 youtuebrs
>anyone who disagrees with me

Considering the game is fucking 11 years old, that's a hell of an achievement. The only game of that age I can think that still has a playerbase of that size are MMOs, namely WoW (which is trying its best to die) or Runescape.

if a game isnt growing its dying

>haha fake news haha it's all fake haha fake fake!!

Nice try, discord tranny.

>Comp TF2
I've been laughed at you niggers for near a decade and I will never stop. Competitive TF2 is a fucking joke.

Attached: 1352589753676.gif (500x275, 385K)

no class is "overpowered" except maybe demo/soldier

all the others have clear strengths/weaknesses and can be countered by switching class

its been a while, but the DR is the infinite cloak watch?

i use that shit for recon man, i get behind enemy lines and feed info to my team, sap when necessary.

Oh no no no tier is when a game like Lawbreakers or Radical Heights or even Artifact are hyped up only to trip and die after taking the first step.
>50k is bad
not really, look at the gap between the top three games on steam
>CSGO is 600k
>DOTA is 500k
>GTA V is only 60k
Not every game pulls in half a million players daily. It's mostly esports games.

He's good for airblasting away ubers, that's it. Most teams don't use him because unlike heavy and engineer who can be useful while sitting in their spawn door pyro cannot and has to try to hold off the enemy team around a corner or in a chokepoint where he is likely to die. His mobility and range are terrible so he's useless when it comes to midfights.

minecraft is 10 years old and has at least 5 times bigger player base

didn't your mother teach you not to laugh at disabled people?

Minecraft is the most popular indie game of all time that you can play on almost anything.

>radical heights
you mean radical sheights

Minecraft is also on every platform under the sun.

Minecraft is a one in a million game.

What's the biggest brain play you've ever seen in this game?

uhm, sniper is OP
being able to oneshot 7/9 classes instantaneously is OP as fuck

there are currently 245252 players just on PC
you can check the site if you want

and TF2 was THE class based shooter until they crammed the damn thing with hats and ignored everything else

>I probably would’ve killed myself at some point if I didn’t play that game.
Is this like those people on /r/darksouls and any other game subreddit who are like
>OMGGGG DAK SOOLZ SAVD MY LYFE AND STOOPED ME FROM COMMITING SUIDICE
>Adds like three paragraphs of complete bullshit backstory in the post
And then the comments sections just eat them up trying to cheer up someone who is obviously just point farming. Who the fuck bases their life around a game. It's called a hobby you fuckwit. If it's anything more than you should seriously consider blowing your fucking head all over a wall you troglodyte piece of trash.

Medic. He was limited to one for a reason in comp. Demo was limited because he makes games slow to a standstill.

if there were no restrictions: if one were to make the sickest, most OP team comp, what would it look like?

No, Valve fucking nuked the bots last year

who?

i didn't know the Wachowski BROTHERS....had SISTERS!

because you can't retroactively do that, fuck you trannies!

you're a bit retarded, arent you?
you build a sentry, hit it few times and then guard it with shotgun, the whole process takes 10 sec tops
voila
lvl1 sentry absolutely shuts down any scout and he can't do anything against it before diying
even faster with minisentry

Probably something like 2 medics 3 scouts and 1 demo, for 5cp anyway.

community servers still exist numbnuts

compniggers and friendlies can both hang

community servers still exist tho

>scout pistol beats engi unless engi beats scout back
>HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
oh nevermind, you are retarded.

>engie can outrepair soldier rockets but somehow scout pistol will work because reasons

THIS

>Sniper needs adjusted but I don't know how
literally just remove quickscoping

Buff spy

if you don't already have one, i implore you to make at least one sign with your waifu on it
it helps you greatly

Attached: blessed arsenal.jpg (823x482, 152K)

this
>poke your head out for .045 seconds just to see whats ahead
>instantly locked on by some unusual wearing gold sniper using faggot who plays sniper 24 hours a day and die
i fucking hate that shitty class just because it can do that with no drawback besides another sniper getting a free shot on him

Attached: 1524868153314.jpg (612x600, 171K)

autism

there is already a 200ms delay between scoping and being able to headshot. it's fine.

The biggest mistake ever, was making TF2 free to play only 4 years after it was made.

this except dont make him rely on stupid ass gimmicks like the dead ringer or the kunai

Hes too easy to counter on most gamemodes, literally ALL you have to do, is flick your mouse and be a spastic retard and theres no counter to that. His guns don't do enough damage to counter retardation, and his knife is a gimmick that doesnt work 90% of the time

Compbro here, we're actually pretty cool a majority of the time. Don't believe the people that call us "toxic", they forget that we play the game for fun too.

yeah, probably

TF2 playercount was fucking tanking below 20k before F2P, the fact that you stupid niggers still bitch about F2P fucking 8 years later continues to lead me to believe that it was the right move
t. been playing TF2 since release

Valve is very lax when dealing with hackers.
Valve releases updates too infrequently that aren't just adding tournament medals. (Smissmas 2018 didn't even add any war paints)
There havent been any contracts since Jungle Inferno (Halloween ones don't count).

And it's a damn shame because TF2 is a great game. It's amazing it's lasted as long as it has.

Compfags are annoying, because similar to Melee, they spout the way "the game should be played" while thinking all new players trying to get into the game are retards who don't know how to play FPS.

I'm fine with comp TF2, what im not fine with is a faggot who started playing in 2016, who got a popular youtube channel spouting wrong facts about how "TF2 USED TO BE" while saying Crits need to be removed completely to make way for competitive. It's like if you played Melee at your house with a friend, and he insisted he wouldn't play if you had items on. Trying to force people to play a game a certain way when it was never mean't to be played that way is shit tier and annoying.

>learning curve
>TF2
get the fuck out of here.

hackers aren't a big problem though? Can't even remember the last time I ran into one.

competitive is no different than a custom or community server. it is just another game mode. asking to remove it would be like asking to remove wacky races.

F2P was a turning point for TF2 user. There was more of a focus on trading and items instead of actually playing the game. Trade servers and scrap economy became a thing, and with that the games community changed drastically from people who liked TF2, to people who only played TF2 cause it was free. This also lead a change in the dev team, who basically did whatever the fuck the community wanted, and lead to several horrid updates, including Smissmass, Gunmettle, Invasion, MYM, and Tough Break. This lead the TF team to eventually become less and less as the community shit on their updates, and more people left the team.

Now we're stuck in the current state of TF2, where theres a big update every 2 years, and the team doesnt fucking talk to us outside of bug patches because its sub 15 people.

t. waited in line at gamestop for the orange box at 12 AM

Im not saying to remove comp, just that theres very loud and "influential" TF2 youtubers who spout shit opinions like Dane and Funke and brainlets listen to them and spout whatever retarded shit they say.

Crits are stupid and will always be stupid whether comp exists or not. Grow up.

i think valve trying to pander to csgo competitive fags has hurt the game a lot. it's much more fun played as a casual pub shooter on 32 man community payload servers lol.

>equip an item
>read its stats
>test them in a match
o wow so much learning i have to READ to play a game?

>it's another "Yea Forums dickrides valve while using comp as a scapegoat for their bad decisions" episode
competitive
turbine

Nigger how the fuck do you learn to play a video game, just fucking press W and shoot shit with the mouse.

Because sniper exists

It's dying because unless you enjoy four particular classes there's no point in playing. The balance is so fucking off and no updates will ever fix it, so if you don't feel like mashing M1 and rocketjumping all day, you might as well go fuck yourself, because playing anything except the "core 4" as the compfags call them results in you dying impotently over and over again.

>comp TF2 scene
"we're looking for young energetic hirees with 25 years of work experience"

i equip natasha for pyros like this

natasha is best girl

>tfw bought The Devil's Playhouse because I loved Sam and Max and it gave me a free TF2 hat
>dont wear my Max's head because all the scumfuck furfags and traders wear it
Fuck you all, still mad 9 years after Mannconomy

>traded a max's severed head, Bills cap, Buds, and A flaming team captain for a 60 dollar game
I don't regret my trade cause I liked the game, But god it doesnt sting any less knowing I coulda been rich

>somebody who practices every day to be incredibly good at his class keeps killing me
oh noooooooooo

Funke is trying to turn tf2 into competitive game which is recipe for failure. I also hate it when he and dane say shit like
>but muh comp didn't ruin casual game
Literal brainlets. Valve nerfed fun weapons like caber, all scout secondaries, hybrid knight and demoknight in general because of comp fags.

>have the wikicap because I used to edit wiki pages
>People constantly say, "thank you for your service" to me like im a fucking military vet

YOU TOOK MY CABER FROM ME.

>tfw sticky jumping into a team, cabering a medic, then sticky jumping away
that shit was kino

Fucking matchmaking killing community servers was what killed it

>funke

Attached: 1533869779519.png (1408x1269, 1.67M)

everyone is at work/school right now you bleeding autist

You could oneshot overhealed heavy with old caber. Who in their right mind would nerf a one use weapon to deal 83 damage that hurts yourself when skulltaker deals 78, can crit, holsters deploys faster, has longer range and doesn't hurt you.

and why would that be buddy

Autistics.

I miss it so much bros. I can't bear it any longer

explain yourself, Yea Forums

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (872x776, 140K)

>pyro switches to shotgun or melee
>either reflect the loose cannon bombs or run

>D-Don't worry b-b-bros! T-This totally doesn't r-r-represent all comp p-players! It's only a s-small minority!

>tf 2
>learning curve
This is not Eve Online faggot.

>comp players
>not a minority

Attached: 1550840895508.jpg (1080x1350, 101K)

>Valve's forgotten game
>54,000 players
Stopped reading there.

UncleDane and Funke need to genuinely die, they offer nothing to the community only to separate them further and cause controversy, and back the 10 man TF Team into a corner, only for them to release garbage updates and say, "WELP WASNT OUR FAULT"

Agreed, though I think Funke killed himself already

Keep slurping on valve cock fag.

I think you replied the wrong person, user

nah Funkes still alive sadly

>its a bad thing to hate faggots who change the game for the worse

i think so too, but i cant really tell who should it be

>developers aren't responsible for bad updates some guy on youtube is!
nice mental gymnastics
how does gabe's cock taste valve drone?

how much longer until valve gives up on tf2 so the real community can revive it and fix all the bs

Attached: shame.png (259x348, 113K)

>Community constantly asks for Competitive mode
>Community constantly talking about how TF is dead cause devs dont care
>TF Team makes MYM to respond
>Its rushed garbage because of the community
>community says, "wow its shit" and just goes back to casual

Why do you care about a gamemode you don't play?

Because it destroyed gamemodes I do play.

So you're really complaining about casual which nobody asked for
>valve drone

>the final TF2 comic has been essentially cancelled
>the progress of the "heavy update" is still completely unknown, and it's not even clear if it's being worked on at all
I unironically think that this will be the last year Valve supports TF2. I just hope that a competent third-party developer can take over, but knowing Valve's arrogance, the game's more than likely going to be left to rot.

>harm boxes

>comp
>play game for fun
Pick a side.

I really hope this shit with Epic finally forces some gears to turn at Valve
I know its my last flicker of hope for old valve to rise again and its still so unlikely but fuck

Let you guys have your own competitive mode for all I care, but you fucks are removing all the fun shit from the game! I don't want casual play to become an unranked competitive

Attached: genuineagner.jpg (720x706, 33K)

The problem with that video is that he's bringing up hypothetical problems that can be solved easily by just playing a few games, NOTHING he brings up actually demonstrate why TF2 can be tough to play competently, even for people who've played it for 1000+ hours.

Attached: hudd.png (617x589, 57K)

STAR_’s late-night commentaries from 2012/2013 are top comfy

>about casual which nobody asked for
Nobody fucking asked for TF2 to begin with you mongrel, but I see now your trying to farm for (you)'s, so I refuse to give you any

As opposed to a million people playing Anthem for a week then dropping it to go back to Fortnite duh

>still somehow in the top 5 most played on steam.
It's F2P, has hats so that people can be LOLSORANDUMB, and there are people that only use the game to sell items. Nobody with taste plays the game.

>hand it off to competent devs
Aw fuck you reminded me of an old Uncle Dane video, where he fucking suggests TF2 be handed down to Hidden Path, you know THAT Hidden Path. The same company responsible for driving CS:GO so far into the ground, Valve themselves had to step in to try and fix it, the same company that effectively abandoned CS:GO when it didnt meet profit margins, and didnt even make the original CS:S console port they were supposed too.

Ironic that the same people that didn’t ask for it are the same people trying to change it

Attached: FF0C711A-E288-4894-B7E1-128192676144.jpg (2048x2048, 243K)

>w+m1 game
>hard

It's true though. Before MyM came out, people were only expecting competitive matchmaking to be added, with Quickplay being left alone. There's a reason why Casual mode pissed more-or-less everyone off when it was revealed.

>soldier already on fire when switching to shotgun
>gets flared and now has to kill 175hp pyro with only 80hp and a shotgun

I guess i missed it, but what's the deal with discord?

ironic that every single spy youtuber uses the lag hack except for MrPaladin
I remember one of them even showed what it looked like

>ironic that every single spy youtuber uses the lag hack
wait what

i can tell you've never touched a gamecube controller in your entire 17 years of living

I miss rd_asteroid and cactus canyon so much you wouldn't even believe... why are we still here? just to suffer?

Attached: B593A5E4305C46218B24698E186578E8.jpg (960x960, 83K)

They don't use laghack, they use cl_interp to lag themselves on purpose for backstabs. 90% of them aren't even good and like all spy mains cherrypick clips out of hundreds of hours.

Daily Reminder TF2 stopped being much fun after Tough Shit and Meet Your Rage

No, it has a learning curve of sorts, mostly in mobility. Scout has his double jump with a bunch of extra other jumps you can learn to do, Demo has sticky, and Soldier has rocket jumps. It's debatably not as big as games like Quake though.
I haven't played TF2 in a while but I think community servers still exist, they're just a bit hard to access.
Weren't unlocks a thing that happened AFTER the tutorials were made? Also, I know of a few other planned tutorials but almost none of them got completed.
>TF2's meta in comparison has barely changed since 2007.
>meta in comparison has barely changed since 2007.
>barely changed since 2007.
I sincerely hope that statement was just an underplaying of just how much the meta has changed since 2007.
I really couldn't bare to respond to anyone else, this thread got me.

This isn't the youtuber I was talking about but this is basically how it works
youtu.be/9y6U6g8jTGg
And this is the reason Valve games are so easy to make subtle hacks for that players with 5,000 hours can use for years without ever getting banned if they're smart.
youtu.be/ceaqz66WRBc

rd_asteroid was a great map
in all its incarnations

>retarded wojak 053.png
mind posting your entire folder? pls kthx

This. The load out diversity no longer exists because of sweaty tryhards from reddit forcing the competitive meme because of esports autism. And orbiters eat it all up, wanting to remove all the content that made the game unique.

>cl_interp
No, watch the videos. literally never fall for "he's using a ping trick!"

what theme is that

Reddit and tryhards basically want tf2 to function off of Overwatch for no reason other than to act like they know game design. I'm no game designer myself, but if a game has lived 10 years, all of the shitty and fun gimmicks are what give tf2 its charm

I will never not be mad about your screenshot, how shitty it looks, and its resolution.
You could literally get a thinkpad that runs the game 10 times better for the price of all that pink virtual memorabilia. And if you're not the original poster of this shit, but rather posting on his behalf, fuck you so much.

>tfw that one video where Mr Paladin calls out Starry showing how much Starry edited the clips to make him look like he was raging.

Attached: Cheeki Breeki.jpg (637x358, 39K)

Why did Starry do that shit anyways? He was completely unprovoked and did it just to be an asshole. Fuck that dude

Because Starry is a typical edgy "ironic" weaboo and unironic furfag spy main.

Attached: q3URbrD.jpg (1920x1090, 140K)

I've completely missed that and google only shows Naruto fighting vids with Mr Paladin and Starry's name on them.
Any keyword?

and which video was that?

tl;dr, starry stream sniped mrpaladin to make him seem upset during a 3 hour stream, then started insulting him, description even saying, "just playing a shit game against a pretentious loser with his big nose". Despite Mrpaladin generally being a cool guy, paladin then responds by uploading the entire 3 hour stream in response to show he wasnt raging and starry was being a faggot

Stary's side:
Mr Paladin's side
youtube.com/watch?v=yNFC6tQyWNQ

What a douche. Thanks senpai.

Attached: 1546628672070.jpg (1080x1407, 370K)

>f2p
>runs on potatoes
Thats why its top 5. Same reason with Dota.

>they forget that we play the game for fun too.
I can't imagine how "fun" it is to play a game where you decide to ban a majority of the ingame content. Regardless you all need to hang because your shit ideas are ruining the game.

I'll always be garbage at this game but the only thing that doesn't push me away is how over the top it is. Plus the Meet the Medic video was what got me into it in the first place. Now if my computer wasn't trash that could handle a damned game, I'd play it a little more often.

F2P was a mistake

This
Make weapon drops exclusive to premium players

Do you know how many times since I bought this in 08 I have had to hear this "it's dying" shit

Attached: WIN_20190306_18_25_28_Pro.jpg (1920x1080, 146K)

How many? I've heard it only once, when Loadout came out. Same format, more guns, made sense, but nothing came of it.
The OW discussion lasted for 1 week after release tbqhwy

I stopped playing when I lost faith in valve to be able to expand on the property or at least have the decency to give it to the public who would do what they should be doing, and most likely doing it better

Just let us have the game and fuck off valve

Attached: 1551482966366.jpg (472x482, 16K)

Did anyone bother to even watch the whole thing? I stopped when he started bitching about how you don't know what classes do if you're a newb. It's not exactly a high commitment. And then he also glossed over the fact there's a tutorial.

I wanted to watch the whole thing, I really did. But I just couldn't stand it. I mean it's hard to listen to him shit talk my favorite game, but honestly the whole time just felt like him crying because he sucks. Yeah the game is big, there's a lot to it, but it's still a fps, pick a class and shoot the other fucking team. Not hard to figure out for real functioning humans.

is this the cringiest post on Yea Forums right now?

Attached: itchy back.png (233x194, 113K)

>TF2
>dying

Hasn't it been dead for about 5 years by now?

>300 posts
>no Reminder
I hate missing out on these threads

Attached: 9hj2e0kj5lb11.png (899x570, 161K)

Not with all the DMC bashing threads that are up.

remove random crits but only from soldier and melee

>>the final TF2 comic has been essentially cancelled

fuck them
i say WE finish it, wadda ya say Yea Forums fortress?

is this some YT fag?
because i already hate them for shit opinions they are trying to push as fact and/or right.

fuck you, YT e-celeb!

Your actually banned for talking about this here so this post might get me banned or this thread 404ed.
So a while ago there was this trap cult leader who was obsessed with tricking kids into taking anti-testosterone pills to become traps just like him used /r9k/ and /pol/ to gather followers. Betterchan /pol/ discovered him and found out that he was threatening kids by doxxing them to take the drugs and people killed themselves because of it. Then betterchan tried to warm /pol/ and /r9k/ about it but one of his followers is a mod of both of those boards. Yea Forums users didn't care until people found out that people did actually kill themselves and Yea Forums users started to purge /pol/ and /r9k/ of the cult leader and his followers. Betterchan found out that the cult was using websites like reddit and facebook for over 5 years and the cult has existed for over 10. The fbi got involved and arrested a shitload of people and discord is now under investigation for allowing the cult to operate. Now betterchan believes that the leftovers if the cult have a new leader and are targeting boards like Yea Forums Yea Forums /gif/ and /pol/ again. Betterchan told /pol/ that shit was still going on and now you are caught up.

>there are people who don't want random weapon spread removed

why? i doubt most players even notice it exists in the first place, all it does is hurt skilled players. i can see an argument for random crits staying enabled but random spread should have been removed back when they removed random damage spread.

Stary seems like a gigantic obnoxious retard and faggot, shitposting or otherwise

Say what you want about Mr Paladin but he's done nothing to warrant being a dick to

Attached: 1271597694798.png (206x215, 65K)

>Stary seems like a gigantic obnoxious retard and faggot, shitposting or otherwise
No shit considering he's a Yea Forumsirgin

WoW

90% of those ppl are just afk looting on idle servers because they are retarded

The only retard here is you if you actually believe idling is still a thing

Open your mouth and I'll drop a phat special log into it

>all this arguing
you know we could settle all this in game on a Yea Forums server right?

Attached: 771841644_preview_deb8bc9200bbb654bca8849883e3ed188b0da0ff646c7acdc314f621b5503bf0_1.jpg (800x450, 48K)

party van when? party van when?

Attached: chenhq.png (853x1199, 1.06M)

same time it always is

Spy - Weebs
Pyro's - Furfags
Heavy - Gay bara's
Medics - ?
Scouts - ?
Sniper - ?
Engie - ?
Demo - ?
Solider - ?

>Dota 2 got their hero before we got our update
I fucking hate being a TF2 fan.

Scouts - People who unironically act like 2011 never ended

>Spy - Weebs
>Pyro's - Furfags
>Heavy - Gay bara's
>Medics - Trannies
>Scouts - publords
>Sniper - edgy weebs/bronies
>Engie - children
>Demo - OG pubstompers
>Solider - OG pubstompers/publords

>join starting game
>attacking team
>stuck in lockers
>work really fucking hard as the only medic
>finally push to first control point
>somehow take it
>team is on a roll
>we attack final point
>enemy can't do shit
>suddenly team switch
>literally only me gets switched
>lose 5 seconds later
Holy fuck I am seething.

>TF2
>Alive after MyM
It is still the GOAT online class based shooter in terms of gameplay (outside of spawn wallhacks completely deleting the spy's ability to play), but the game hasn't gotten any real support since 2016 and most of the community left when they tried to make the UI and game queuing system more overwatch like overwatch with retarded E-sports focus.

Game is free so it still gets tons of Latin Americans and russians joining because its solid gameplay, but game has been dead by both the community and the devs for years.

Hell Soldier and Engineer's VAs literally can't do their voices anymore because they have gotten so old and Gary Newman can barely do Heavy anymore.

Attached: tf23451326.jpg (728x612, 150K)

tf2 can be surprisingly hard to run

>just bought a "new" engineer figure off of amazon since it was $20 instead of the usual $30 and above price tag the figures get
Have any of you guys bought them and they didn't have the code in them?

Engie - juangonzalez2004

i dont like being a centrist but the /pol/ boogeyman make them look like a joke. Anyway trannies tend to kill themselves pretty often

Heh I’m a TF2 YouTuber. Not a furry, brony, weeb, weirdo etc. I think the game is fun. The community isn’t as bad as people say, it’s that the loudest ones get the most attention.

this

Exactly, anyone starting out on this game doesn't give a shit about advanced techniques right out of the box

>Heavy - Friendlies
I fixed it for you, I see way more of those in Casual than I do actual heavy players.

When is this meme going to end? I almost only play on community servers friendo. Either 3rd party comp or just go fucking around.

I absolutely loathe those fags for what they did to the sandman

compfags operate under the delusion that people outside of compfags give a shit about esports tf2.

Imagine the mindset of someone who thinks it’s not only acceptable but encouraged to play a shooter game and just waddle around like a retard. Entitlement that what they are doing and what they like is the norm. It’s twitter and reddit in a nutshell.

don't even play comp. but stun has no place in fps.

Don't forget both of heavy's most useful melee options, the GRU and Fists of Steel getting nerfed. Because obviously heavy is such a busted class.

I dont mind friendlies, I go friendly sometimes myself for fun its friendlies who cry or call people out when they die that are the real cancer of the game

OMG
VALVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
HIRE THIS MAN RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

medics - gay twinks
scouts - underage v& w/ADHD
sniper - mix of spy + pyro mains but somehow worse

shit was fun tho, now it doesn't even do anything

spoonfeed me pls :(

Attached: 1542242436518.jpg (895x590, 52K)

I just
want to caber again

Attached: 1550018777312.jpg (483x461, 31K)

die reddit tourist.

>saharan spy
>caber and loch
>sandman
>natasha
>wrangler soon (cause of noob faggot dane)
what other nerfs has made the game less fun for you?

Friday night through Saturday, maybe Sunday.

Unironically Milkman.
Yes, I know, I'm a scout, I'm supposed to die when I don't dodge, but fuck off if you think it was unfun

i've got another sign raring to go, i'll take a new screenshot with kicked up settings just 4 u buckaroo

I'm surprised this fucking game didn't die 7 years ago. I wish it would die so those who actually experienced the good days wouldn't be overshadowed by zoomers and F2Ptards.

TeamworkTF doesn't count people who are waiting to get into a server or on the main menu/in menus.
Steam stats for EVERY game count people who are waiting to get into a server or are on the main menu.

Well that all sounds fucking crazy. I'll have to dig into this, I wasn't aware some anons were double agents.

partyvan is always on the weekend if anyone hosts it

I don't see how that's any better. Do you think 37k people are waiting on a match? Steam counts me an a windowless text mode

Here's hoping it doesn't come in a smeary & fugly 1366x768 form factor.

>reddit, the video

>spy - weebs
>Not the class with an actual katana and samurai shit

Baby Face's Blaster

>shotgun
>mini gun
Pyro problem solved

I’m no pyro main but they aren’t that slow. I love popping Uber on a pyro and melting everything in a room. Scouts die fast and anything slower than pyro which is most classes gets fucked.

In casual maybe, but go in comp and
>scouts run away for health before you could do any damage
>soldiers pumped to 300hp keep you at bay by timing your reflects
>demo blasts you away from the other side of the map rough as uber ends
the only classes less worthy of an uber are sniper and spy.

I try to help people and new players with some silly shit in the mix.

LazyPurple, MrPaladin, SeriousMartin maybe

Why are people so bad at pyro lol. When I rarely play pyro I use degreaser, shotgun and the sledge hammer to fuck spies over and help engiebros. It’s the easiest class to fuck over an entire team quickly. It’s pure chaos. I will Uber pyros in highlander for a quick team fuck. They are very burst damage but effective if used correctly.

STOP. I DARE YOU

>I’m no pyro main but they aren’t that slow
he is compared to
>soldier
>demo
>scout
you will never catch these three classes if they don't want to engage you

Unironically this

>can't do anything useful by himself so he babysits the engie like a cuck

Attached: pyro.png (772x598, 1008K)

Gun skins were one of the last straws for me with TF2. Like why the fuck did we need that?

TF2 has an extremely gentle learning curve, especially compared to shit like overwatch with all the different moba abilities and cooldowns and such

Every heavy nerf since 2009

How do I git gud at spy
I swear to god everytime I go in for a stab, everyone on their team has fucking spidey sense and turns around, OR when I have a god tier position, a fucking allied scout runs next to me and we both die.

That and redditfags only follow what dumbass YouTube e-celebs say purely based on the money they spent on the intro to each of their videos. Fuck e-sports cancer.

TF2 is "dying" because it is 12 years old and barely gets updates anymore, and is a technical fucking mess

If you're playing against a team who constantly checks for spies and watches their backs, you're fucked, there's nothing you can do to fool them. From my experience, however, backstabs work best when enemies are distracted by your teammates.

The L'etranger is one of the best items in the game. Pair that up with a regular knife and practice on taking out slower classes one at a time. You're still going to die a lot though

Dead Ringer nerf
First they made it so you wouldn't appear in kill feed
Then they nerfed it so you couldn't pick up ammo while cloaked to extend the timer
Then they nerfed it so you could get reignited almost instantly after you dead ringed
Then they reduced its time in half
B-b-but its okay! Because now you get a speed boost that can barely outrun a pyro!

>thinking TF2 is unfair for beginners
He has no fucking clue how hard TFC would shit on him.

Attached: 1521170266415.jpg (808x825, 370K)

>game and playerbase so shit you get annoying tooltips on how to autobalance for the meta instead of dicking around
WAAAAH, WAAAAH, CRY SOME MORE

wait till there are 0 spies before switching to him
go to their spawn and blow up the teles
go for a suicidal med pick then change classes

>TF2 IS DYING BECAUSE IT IS OVER A DECADE OLD
>
>FUCK OFF

People have played Chess, Football, etc for much longer periods of time. Why can't video games have the same longevity?

Attached: chrome_2019-03-05_22-53-04.png (1407x792, 1.65M)

Theres nothing you can do, spy is literally the most unloved class in TF2. He hasn't gotten a rework in years when he desperately needs it.
I keep fucking saying, either add a disguise kit that allows him to mimic shit like minigun spinning, taking out toolbox, or double jumping to fool people, or just add one where when hes disguised, 3 random people around him get friendly fire turned on, but arent affected by status effects like Jarate, Mad Milk, Gas Can, or airblast like the spy is.

Was just about to say LazyPurple, he toes the line between animator and TF2tuber but ultimately I think his "how it FEELS" videos are far more important to the average player than any amount of comp videos. His videos give a good groundwork of advice to work off of for somebody who's probably dabbled in a class but wants to seriously play it, most especially the Spy video where he just sits next to an overhang on a porch and he's all but disappeared to most players. I tried that out for myself and it fucking works, nobody ever thinks to check a slightly lower elevation for a Spy

Chess and football have extensive history. You live in an age filled with video game designers. How is any one video game supposed to achieve timelessness?

Attached: 1551514507928.png (513x557, 312K)

>2 vs 1
are you retarded

>add a disguise kit that turns on friendly fire
I'd unironically like to see this, the problem with spy right now is despite being a "back lines" character,he can't get to the fucking backlines if a random pyro or heavy decides to be a spastic retard he loses the engagement, not any fault of his just because he literally has no tools to counter retardation.

just fucking remove all damage penalties from his revolvers, ALL of his revolvers have some sort of shitty fucking debuff for no reason, plus all of his knives have a dumb fucking gimmick that removes all of his HP for no reason.
Why the fuck does a speed boost knife have to remove like 50 HP from him?

And at that point I have caused a retreat. That's a win.
Huh?

>they ran away so I won
fuck off

>shotguns your pyro
gg loser

>but in comp
you mean where it's 6v6 not even using all the classes? 9v9 would be a different story entirely

I just quit cause I have been playing this game for about 5 years, over 1400 hours and its still a coin flip if my shots register or not on a heavy standing still.

All the classes are used in 9v9 so it's a moot point

Reminder: The shortness of the TF team isn't their fault, Valve refuses to do hiring sessions because then other groups will want more developers and Valve is incapable of saying no. Valve is content with bleeding legitimate employees who want to make shit when their ideals don't line up with the companies. Like with what happened to Marc Laidlaw.

I want to know the answer to this question

Its dying because it's some unfunny shit from like 10 years ago

Yawn, next

lel what are you so angry about? Team runs away, that's time for respawns, reloads and regrouping. Don't be a goof.

Do old patch servers exist? I think Meet the Medic was the championed rollback patch years ago.

>in a room
it's more effective with a soldier or demo

It's impossible to roll back to old versions, that's just how Source Engine works. The only way you can play an old version is through leaked source code, like the early 2008 build of TF2.

Old Patch servers are dead, and that leak of TF2 from 2007 was literally nothing. The devs tried to sell it as an unfinished copy and Valve stopped them

That's obvious shorthand for server mods restricting items and cosmetics, you dunce.

schedule.gdconf.com/session/brain-computer-interfaces-one-possible-future-for-how-we-play/865257?_mc=blog_x_gdcsfr_le_x_gdcsf_x_x-GDC19

>tfw valve is unironically going to take the stage and explain why brain chips are a good thing
Man, fuck valve at this point. Why can't they just make good games instead of trying to innovate markets nobody is interested in.

maybe they don't want to make another boring class based shooting game

Maybe you should stop sucking cock for a couple hours, user.

but TFC was a mod of half-life

The same people that wanted to make TF2 competitive esports fare are the same fags that wanted to make L4D esports fare

TF2 is at least designed with equal balance in mind (random crits notwithstanding), L4D versus has randomization all over the place.

>There are actually people out their that didn't start playing until after it went F2P and completely missed out on the game in it's heyday
>nowadays I very rarely ever encounter someone who has been playing long enough to have bought the game

Attached: 1540941960413.gif (322x281, 1.43M)

someone fucked up something with the engine, it is no way near as well optimized as it was when i played it back in 2008 or whenever i played it most

>engine
this is more to do with the game being filled to the brim with so many cosmetics, particle effects, weapons, and so on that it just cant handle it
least thats what i think's the problem

It's not the engine itself, Source is fine if a bit spaghetti code~ish. It's the way TF2 offloads particle effects and shit onto the CPU rather than GPU. Great back in the day with weaker GPU's, horrible these days.

It's a sad life user, knowing we are the last of a dying breed.

>zoomers will never understand tfw you finally unlock an achievement milestone after hours of farming with friends.

Attached: 1534890560875.gif (500x375, 371K)

>people will never know the old days of playing 2fort, granary, dustbowl, well, and gravel pit for hours on end and then suddenly switching to mario kart to look for the porn room

Exploring all of the easter eggs in this map was a fun time.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 172K)

>ywn get excited because you found the KGB, only to slam your desk because your power surged and you didnt get it

Attached: 124hp.gif (350x229, 1.9M)