Holy shit the controls in this game FUCKING SUCK. Why do people praise this game over Symphony of the Night again?

Holy shit the controls in this game FUCKING SUCK. Why do people praise this game over Symphony of the Night again?

Attached: overratedgamewithshittycontrols.jpg (1000x729, 129K)

bait zoomer thread

if you're bitching about the inputs then download the control freak patch
if you're bitching about the mechanics then git gud

It's floaty, but you get used to it.

I'm gonna have to go with OP's opinion, the wall jumping is shit.

I honestly don't understand how anyone has trouble with the wall jumping in Super.

Literally just watch the screen so you can see Samus' sprite change. The timing is extremely forgiving.

git gud scrub

You can change them like in SotN. Also, casual control hack exist but removes everything (movement) that makes Super Metroid good.

It's got much better level design than SotN for the most part, but yes the combat and platforming is much worse.

At least moving fast is not a hurdle like in SOTN. The wolf is always worse than speed boost.

Play NES Metroid and then come back to me.

is this the same guy who made that Deus Ex game earlier

wow, it's as if Metroid was about a mercenary in space that landed on an unknow faraway planet...

This is my 2nd favorite game but I can see what you mean. The problem is that the SNES doesnt have enough shoulder buttons to handle running, jumping, shooting and 2 different aiming lock on positions simultaneously. This issue effects digital “ports” of the game on Nintendo systems as well because what keys you can rebind are still heavilly based on the SNES controller. I’d recommend the control freak hack.

Attached: 4AD7BA7A-2183-46EB-8A7E-50AEB981CB0F.gif (480x270, 1.39M)

You can configure controls in this game.

Attached: sm.jpg (647x492, 74K)

i agree
doing the diagonal shiny jump is still a random imput for me
the game is great until you get the x-ray and have to scan the whole fucking station to find the way forward
i ended up using a guide at that point

Item select should have been Y. I don't know why they stuck with select. The GB and NES had select as the only option because A and B were shoot and jump.

The atmosphere is unparalleled, the graphics hold up, it's a speed running classic, and the music is timeless.

It’s satisfying you’re just bad and don’t like learning to get good at anything.

>first playthrough, hands felt like they were exploding trying to beat Kraid
>recently did my third playthrough, beat Kraid while taking zero hits
you'll learn, OP.

in b4 Kraid isn't hard. I know.

They're both shit

Wall jumping is fine. Stop doing it wrong.

Super's boss fights pale in comparison to Fusions.

try taking your thumb completely off the dpad when you switch directions
i find that if i dont take my thumb off, sometimes it'll register as an up or down input which will fuck up the flow

With this configuration you can shoot quick in the air using one finger because A and X lie on one line.

super metroid is literally a perfect game

This is why we don't deserve this world. War, Murder, Corruption. Everything wrong with this world we deserve it is because of dumb fucks like OP.

someone made a new deus ex game?