This game was really good

This game was really good
Shame how it isnt sold on Steam though.

Attached: the-movies-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1115, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BC_(video_game)
youtube.com/watch?v=SK9G4gZ0hMw
youtu.be/CBmyOiuSokE
youtube.com/watch?v=o3o1gjqXLZ4
youtu.be/yJdGTglcLaA
youtube.com/watch?v=78kSn6i5inI
youtu.be/PGJKeESLBpQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>can never have a good thread for it because the vast majority of the internet doesn't even know that this game existed
It's a bad kind of feel, man.

What you could do was extremely fucking limited. Might as well use Source Filmmaker.

Sell me on it anons

Steam Film Maker mixed with The Sims

Attached: 428271-movies_005.jpg (800x600, 101K)

I'm in the credits for this and fable

I didn't know Source Filmmaker was a simulation game.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

its a movie maker that is surprisingly robust. if you arnt playing on sandbox mode then its a pretty nice film production company tycoon game, with the robust movie maker attached

>you can give your starlets breast augmentation
>hate these management game style games so cant do it myself
>too lazy to sit through hours of random lets plays to try and find footage of it

Prove it.

It's a tycoon game where you run a movie studio producing films, that also has a movie maker that lets you produce movies using premade scenes and the actor NPCs you hire for your studio.

Prove it.

Attached: 2kZpMZ8.png (1024x576, 763K)

>game has an easy mode so you can just make movies without any of the management.
It was always quite nice, ah I remember messing around, even trying to add voices only to find out how terrible mine was.
I remember making a movie where I where I would go to school to murder the bullies.

As I recall the breast implants only come in one size and it's comically large, about the size of the character's head for each breast.

There is an in depth character creator that allows you to alter their natural breast size though.

What did you do for the game

Can you even find a torrent?

regarding the pre-made scenes, they are surprisingly editable, at least sound wise

>about the size of the character's head for each breast
Is that all? Still worth a look at least.

I did work experience at Lion Head in 2003/2004 when I was 15. I worked for two weeks testing games, specifically The Movies, Fable The Lost Chapters, Black & White 2(Including multiplayer they never released), and a game called BC they never released about cavemen and dinosaurs.

The only time I saw Peter he told one of the other testers that his balls felt heavy and sweaty that day.

I loved that game. I made several movies of a kung fu fighting werewolf.

>The only time I saw Peter he told one of the other testers that his balls felt heavy and sweaty that day.
Be careful with that kind of gossip or you might spawn a new guru larry video.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BC_(video_game)

youtube.com/watch?v=SK9G4gZ0hMw

>Black & White 2(Including multiplayer they never released)

What was it like?

I still have the .iso lying around somewhere. Absolutely based game. Still got the early game music stuck in my head to this very day.

>The only time I saw Peter he told one of the other testers that his balls felt heavy and sweaty that day.

Attached: werwerwerwggegtghfgjhhgkjgk.png (498x308, 62K)

Would it have more success now that all this "social" bullshit is bigger? Streaming, sharing and whatever?

I only got to play it once kind of like total war but with the creature too, it was buggy as fuck. I complained that the turtle wasn't in the game because it was my favourite, a 3d modeller said it was his favourite too.

I'm surprised at the stuff that guy can dredge up

>.iso lying around somewhere
would you happen to be able to upload said iso file, doubly so if you have the expac too

It was definitely a game ahead if its time. It came out before even YouTube, didn’t it?

It came right after Fable when lionhead was still hot, so i guess Original xbox Kiddies probably know it....

It came right around the time youtube was becoming a thing

Definitely. The game came out in 2005, before youtube had even taken off. The only way to share your videos with other people was on the game's own website.

It's a PC exclusive

Is this how that one immortal technique dance with the devil music video was made?

show me the video and I can answer it.

youtu.be/CBmyOiuSokE
12 years old, but the description answers that it was

the randomly generated movies were so shit

Wasn't there even an official site where you could upload movies which was eventually hijacked and put full of viruses?
I think this is also the reason why the game can't be sold anymore, because the main menu has a link to that site.

What the heck I was thinking about this game earlier today. Played very little of it though.

Had it, liked it alot too, and the expansion pack.
Kino, in a rare case where its usage is appropriate.

I know about the site but I know nothing about the virus thing, that would be quite awful.
Unless I fucked it up, I remember not being able to install it until the base was in english.

my heart only has room for

Attached: 3d movie maker.jpg (260x262, 20K)

Patrician taste.

Attached: 1534366558974.png (284x384, 234K)

>too lazy to sit through hours of random lets plays to try and find footage of it
youtube.com/watch?v=o3o1gjqXLZ4

My childhood

Attached: MdrpT.png (640x480, 133K)

I only remember this as something used for transformation fetish videos in the mid 00's.

>space niggers

Skimmed it twice and didnt see it. Gonna let it run through a 3rd whilst doing something else and hope he says something about it as it happens.

I only know about it because Jerma streamed it a few years ago but it seemed really fun.

wonder if someone will ever attempt something like this in UE4 or even Unity.
I suppose it would be very expensive though, especially if you did it like The Movies where you get a movie maker and a hollywood simulation, it would be funny though, imagine having to control the social media of your actors and being forced by the mob to force someone, then pedo-sexual scandals.

I played it ten years ago. The management part never appealed to me, I just liked to make movies.
Are there any good mods or similar games?

Was there vomit on his sweater already? Mom's spaghetti?

Are you serious bro? Do you know how comically easy it would be to remove that link from the main menu?

To be fair, Lionhead Studios doesn't exist anymore, and I'll doubt that someone from Activision would go through the hassle of updating this super old game I think.

finding a way to make more in depth without it being more complicated would be the hard part.
And it'd probably need to be sold directly for youtubers and their audience like RT and Kevin.

>youtubers and their audience like RT and Kevin.
which wouldn't be a bad thing because I've been wanting it ever since I saw one of them play it but I cant find it

>There is no limit on movie length. The average movie length is between 30 seconds and 3 minutes, but user created films can be as long as budget will allow (although a 10-minute film might require over 20 game years of filming). In sandbox mode however, a director can have the movie shoot automatically with the correct options turned on, allowing a 15–20 minute movie made in about a minute. If this is chosen, however, the movie's crew rating will be announced as "awful"

son of a bitch, so it happens no matter what.

Shit what the fuck that was not what I meant to post. Rip quads.
>but it seemed really fun.
It's a shit ton of fun if you like simulation games, and it's one-of-a-kind, too.
>make your own studio, either through "story" mode or sandbox
>compete against other studios during awards, which grant bonuses to your actors
>watch your studio and movies grow through the years via technology you learn, which is done at your pace and not the game's (though iirc there's a limit to how far you can research)
Shit was pretty fun. Pic related, my last studio I was playing with.
Never heard of anything like that before.

Attached: studio.png (1280x1024, 2.77M)

Kinda sad how Tycoon games are pretty much dead now. I always liked them

Hate how at the Oscars there's no real understanding of how you're rated.
In the end I just invested a shit ton in technology to win the Best Effects award as that's the only obvious one.

maybe the genre was done? idk I'm just saying. maybe all the tycoon games we need already exist?

hey now, what about Prison simulator, 2 point hospital and I think there recently was a Jurassic park game.

>tfw used to spend hours on this as a kid making 20+ minute kinos, usually set in the haunted house settings

Attached: 1381261875168.jpg (420x300, 20K)

Stuntman was better tbqh

Yeah, Jurassic Park Evolution and it it's not very good.
Frontier is slowly updating it and turning it into a serviceable game but it's far from being actually worth playing still.

Do you guys remember Operation Genesis? Why didnt they just redo that and update it?

youtu.be/yJdGTglcLaA
This is the real source film maker

I used to direct Spider-Man

Attached: spider-man-cartoon-maker_2.jpg (800x600, 108K)

The management aspect was dogshit, the movie maker itself though was pretty damn solid, as long as you were inventive enough to work around the limitations.

>Spiderman jizzing all over oscorp

I was just thinking about this game yesterday, cant believe I sold my copy

Have been playing Black and White 2 because internets been down the last few days. I miss old Lionhead

God tier soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=78kSn6i5inI

>tfw still have my old boxed copy
>haven't had a PC with a disc drive in 4 years

Could be worse. My Disc 1 has been missing for years, with my only thought being that I left it in my old laptop I no longer have. Had to pirate it. I also haven't had a disc drive 8 years.

I could never make anything good in it, don't know if I was retarded or if the game was too limited, great concept though.

youtu.be/PGJKeESLBpQ

Based Peter

This one cracks me the fuck up every time I see it.

I remember running out of new staff to hire and having to use actors as crew.

Big if true. And if true, thanks for your hard work on many good games. Even the caveman game. I wish we got more prehistoric vidya.

Attached: 1378420115456.gif (300x169, 457K)

Loved playing this. I remember getting four stars on the The Movies website for a horror movie I made which warmed young me's heart. Also remember this garbage movie called The Super Lezzybean Movie which made me chuckle like an idiot.

Only the mentally retarded would think The Movies was a tool to actually create your own movies and not a Hollywood tycoon game.

Pretty fucking accurate, too. If the game were made today, that little detail would of course be impossible because the devs would insist on an autistic caste system where only trashcanmen can empty trash cans and only lightbulbmen can screw in lightbulbs. Not to say this hasn't always been the case in vidya to some extent, but tycoon vidya is so railroaded now that you can't force your own workers to do the job of two different kinds of staff. Only one right way to play, even if that means it becomes less interesting and easier to lose if you do anything badwrongplay.

One of the most fun games i've played.

I always wanted to get the expansion with the special effects and stunt-work but could never find it in stores unfortunately.

oh that's right, couldn't you like promote janitors into actor-roles too?

I loved this thing but I have two major gripes with it:
1. It doesn't give you nearly enough people for both Actors and cast. Ideally you have at least four extras for larger scenes but then you only have about 3 people left to be actual actors. Only a handful of people ever show up to the casting office when you make it. As a result the AI critics always complain about seeing the same actors over and over but it never gives you any new people to assign as actors.

2.Getting your actors proficiency in the various genres such as action, drama, horror, romance, comedy, etc is a serious fucking grind. It takes insanely long just to get them good at any one thing.

What was the formula needed to get constant 4/5 reviews and awards from movie critics and award shows? I just did what I felt like and always ended up with 1/2 star movies.

They need to be reasonably lengthy, actors need good stats, director and crew need good stats, needs to include expensive sets, and the scenes need to follow some vague sense of pacing. You will never get five stars from the critics though, at least one of them always has one thing to complain about and it'll knock you down a star or two.

>Shame how it isnt sold on Steam though.
Why the fuck is this a shame? Why would you ever want to buy(rent) a game on Steam?

I wasted away so many hours on this. Boy oh boy.

PR or whatever. You have to hype the movie otherwise 5* is impossible.

Also this game wasn't "really good", the best part of it was making custom movies. The studio-running aspect was pretty boring and pointless.