Is this shit worth it...

Is this shit worth it? I been playing World and i liked it so far (maybe 25 hours in) I know this is somewhat different and World was more casual but want to know if this is good or not.

Attached: Monster-Hunter-Generations-Ultimate-Nintendo-Switch-Review-727816.jpg (620x413, 111K)

If world is your first game, expect a completely different experience.
MHGU has tons of content and ways to play, unfortunately it looks pretty bad and the framerate is awful.

As a long time monster hunter fanboy, I wound up getting much more time out of MHGU than World.

It has the most content and can be played like an old monster hunter game. Or you can embrace the anime and use adept dual blades.

There's a demo. Try it and you'll find out.

If you don't mind a downgrade in Graphics or Presentation and want a crash course in the history of Monster Hunter it's a fantastic experience.

It's also got significantly more crossover DLC stuff if you're into that.

I should add that the demo has a lot of problems with it, notably the monster health is pretty wonky and the settings dont have all the features in it and some are broken
Don't try and play bowgun on the demo, the default controls for it are hot garbage

No other game lets you play and gather as a cat

>I been playing World and i liked it so far
That's pretty sad.

does world have insect blade? also is insect blade good for late game? im getting close to difficult stuff and my friend is ahead of me and im tight on resources should i keep going insect glave+bow?

Attached: 1532437780776.jpg (512x512, 50K)

Every wep is good is you don't suck
Play what you like

bow is easily the best weapon in the game outshine only by cluster HBG, but it's far more consistent at the end of the day
IG is alright, it's got its problems but generally a really fun weapon to use regardless.

Insect glaive is very strong

It's a good game. World is better but shorter, gen has like triple the monsters. There will be QoL shit you'll need to adjust to but the weapons play pretty much the same and the basic idea is the same.

Be warned that Bow is significantly altered between GenU and World.

Too much to explain in a comment, I recommend looking up weapon tutorials.

That's what i'm using on World (i love to fly in the air and shit) Tried the demo of MHGU and ended up nowhere bc is just a small portion so i don't think its representative.

I tried many times to get in the series but World is the only one that got me hooked. Prob gonna buy MHGU today and let's see what happens.

You should at least play through the main story of World before considering to buy it, imo. Maybe get some post game content too (I recommend playing up to tempered Betelgeuze) but only some because it's fucking pointless and grindy unlike MHGU.
Anyway, if you manage to get through that content without having trouble because of the difficulty, you'll probably like MHGU. It's a lot less streamlined in stuff like inventory management, weapon crafting so it'll take some more time to get used to, and there's more side shit and organizing to do. You'll learn that all over time, though.
The beginning of MHGU is a bit of a slog though. Since it's supposed to be a game that revisits all the older game, you'll fight a lot of monsters from the first two games - which are very simple and boring. Once you get to 4 star and 5 star quests though it gets pretty damn fun. Keep in mind that the game doesn't tell you which quests you need to do to advance, though. Just look it up, no point in guessing which 5 of the 25 quests are gonna make you progress since there's a lot of garbage quests.
But yeah, other than what other anons mentioned about the graphics, it has so, so much more content, and even the end-game content is just so much more expansive than in world - not just because of more monsters, but also because you can CRAFT gems and CHARMS are RNG. It's the other way round in World and that FUCKING RETARDED. Gems are SO much more imporant for your gear than charms. I have no idea what kind of fucking buffoon came up with this idea but it singlehandedly ruined the post-game in World. Absolutely atrocious.

Cope.

Attached: monster hunter.jpg (869x318, 108K)

If you have to ask then no.

>i love to fly in the air and shit
If you play Aerial Style Insect Glaive you're basically more in the air than on the ground, it's silly but very fun
(You should probably still try another weapon though, I've never used the same weapon twice)

MHGU has everything that made MH a cult classic (but is a HD remaster of a 3DS game and it shows. So if you can tolerate that...)

MHW has less of that and 'fixes' a lot of things that weren't broken to begin with, as such taking the game in an uncharted new direction and thus being less well-rounded late game. Less tried-and-tested, relatively. But it has a lot of pretty particle effects, and a more grittyreal style to the graphics/colors compared to MHGU's anime style.

its literally a "lol member this monster? lol" game

I liked World so far, fun, great gameplay and graphics but i feel the story was just slaped to appeal to a bigger audience. The cutscenes are just too forced i guess.

That's a great advice user, thanks.

You're probably too far in to tolerate a change towards the more classic style then. Especially as very little is explained to you and some of the systems and administration in the game are archaic at best.

World has some large qol adjustments that make the series easier to get into for newcomers. If you really enjoy the fundamental game design of world though, you should try out the older games because you'll probably enjoy them quite a bit as long as you can accept that stuff like gathering is more of a chore and you aren't obsessed with graphics.

I haven't played any MH since tri on wii and I loved it then. Would I likely enjoy GU?
I don't have a switch to demo, but MH could be the decicing factor to get one.

The main thing that got me hooked up to World was grinding. I just love doing that shit. If MHGU have that, i'm in.

Don't care about the graphics, grind, loot and bosses are what i liked so far on World.

yeah it'll be like putting on an old pair of shoes.

You'll probably like GU. Plenty more monsters to fight, and weapons and armor to collect. Some random village (single player only) quests are required to unlock chains of quests that unlock stuff, which is rather annoying. There's no really good documentation of this stuff in english either. Google will be your friend when you're in the post game and wondering why you don't have access to a certain quest. Otherwise good game.

>PlayStation 4
more like PC