Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yYtw8Gs7C8U
youtube.com/watch?v=nUEzhBT6TRA
youtu.be/jj_VMvsG7G0
moddb.com/mods/rise-of-three-kingdoms-rotk
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Rot3K Liu Bei
Swell guy who's lineage to the founding Han emperor is not in doubt, benevolent leader
>Historical Liu Bei
Complete asshole who's lineage to Liu Bang is 100% phony, opportunistic dog of war

>Complete asshole who's lineage to Liu Bang is 100% phony, opportunistic dog of war
Sounds like your realistically self made man.

Always MUH AMBITION

bandit qt

Gimme that DONG

Mostly self made, he did have some help when his uncle sent him to be schooled by Lun Zhi and became friends with a monster like Gongsun Zan. Then had Xu province handed over when Tao Qian died, but really historical Liu Bei is a lot more interesting than this benevolent leader bullshit from the Rot3K

they're streaming gameplay on twitch at totalwarofficial RIGHT NOW

Attached: 1.png (657x527, 27K)

literally Who?

>All asians
Fucking SJW shit

WTF did you expect?

My girl Zheng Jiang, of course.

Bandit qt

Attached: 1544698300664.jpg (415x530, 239K)

>tfw dunno shit bout 3k that isn't Liu Bei, Cao Cao and Lu Bu
>No need to care that bandit waifu is a supposed nobody in the books

Feels good

Attached: dong.png (550x527, 316K)

Only thing that is mentioned about her is maybe what her name was and that she was defeated shortly afterward

They all look the same
probably play the same as well

I literally never heard about her in any kind of 3k media

The Dong

WHO /DONG/ HERE

Good taste my fellow NTR bro

Attached: 1537709676912.jpg (1200x1200, 295K)

youtube.com/watch?v=yYtw8Gs7C8U

>obligatory strong woman inclusion
the absolute state of Total War

Thats because shes a new character by CA thats based on a supposedly real person just like how you dont hear about Lu Lingqi or Xingcai in any other RoTK media outside of Koei's games

>no blacks
what bigots
don't they know REAL history

>female warlord
there goes the immersion

This is racist.

youtube.com/watch?v=nUEzhBT6TRA
tfw DW will never be good again.

>inb4 it never was good
Yes it was, until DW5: Empires to be precise.

what was wrong with 8/E?

>DW will never be good again
>Total War ROTK gets announced
>HYPE AS FUCK
>turns out TW will never be good again either, they went full SJW
It keeps happening.

Attached: 1541893395733.jpg (540x720, 33K)

I liked Lu bu's cute daughter were she at?

How is one irrelevant bandit full sjw?

iirc the romance of the three kingdoms never had relevant wurror womyn, so by that alone the game is more historical fantasy than the historical fantasy it is based upon

All DWs after 5 made characters too samey and shifted the focus into fighting milions of enemies with 0 difficulty. DW1-5 on harder difficulties is an actual challenge
Also all Empires games above 5 suck, the 4/5 system was the best, SW2E's one is great too.

>mfw they have to shoehorn in a mostly made up female warlord in their historical game
The absolute state of gaming

Attached: 45323432.jpg (258x196, 7K)

Come on now, DW games did that before the whole SJW craze. Nobody complained about it.

Dynasty Warriors says hi user. Every RoTK media will have some Mulan type character everytime.

Attached: 36371308_2144397659125164_4038262714240335872_n.png (1920x1080, 1.22M)

>DW games
>historical
No you come on now.. Of course a Musou games have to have some fanservice waifus, like every japanese game ever in existance..
This shouldnt be one of them tho.

TW3K isn't historical user. What made you think that? Its fantasy in the same vein as the Red Cliff movie by John Woo that adds Sun Shang Xiang in the battle of Chibi and doesnt marry Liu Bei for some reason.

DW is as historical as Nioh

>how is making up some ahistorical strong woman generals and heroes to please the twitter and tumblr crowd, an sjw thing?
It's amazing this question even pops up in your head.

WEI CHADS WW@?

Yes and? Are you implying Total War is? It's about as historical as Age of Empires which is basically just pop history for brainlets who didn't listen to history class in Highschool.

which one is Lu Bu

>to please the twitter and tumblr crowd
Or maybe they just like girls, like me?

Remember how 5 to 10 years ago we got told the sjws were not going to take our games away from us?

She's based on some footnote bandit.

Lu Bu is a general for Dong Zhuo, being that its a CA game you can expect Lu Bu to be a dlc faction

It literally has two modes, one that is ROMANCE and one that ist HISTORICAL.. if they exclude the bandit waifu in the historical mode and add more female warlords in the romance mode, that would be dope.

And Lu Lingqi is based on Lu Bu's irrelevant daughter that didnt even have a name and Xingcai is based on Liu Shan's two wives who again didn't have a name.

you are a brainlet if you actually believe historical means actual history, the main thing that differentiates the two modes is whether or not generals are just generals or hero units

Incorrect. The other mode is actually called Records mode, aka the game follows the Records of the 3 Kingdoms by Chen Shou which is still pretty biased and is ironically the source of the Zheng Jiang account, since the bandit women were not present in the Romance at all.

Total War at least tried to be semi-historical, at least tried to be "down to earth", at least until ToB

I guess that must be it. Weird that they didn't like girls in the Shogun, Medieval, Rome, Medieval 2, Empire, Napoleon and Shogun 2 eras. Guess promoting heterosexuality became a social fad recently.

Soon.

Attached: EDD5D4CD-7D89-47EC-980B-E79FF6CA3A31.jpg (1382x2047, 404K)

>Total War at least tried to be semi-historical
No it wasnt and you should know that. Rome Total War had Bronze Age Egypt in the game (when it was supposed to be Ptolemaic) and had silly units like burning pigs, screeching women, amazons and roman ninjas.

>le rome 1 wasn't historical so your argument is invalid xd
ok nigger, can you also deny that their historical accuracy while it never reached 100%, kept steadily improving since Medieval 2 until Thrones of Brittania?

Okay, my bad, fuck TW3K then I guess

Attached: 1549221511708.gif (191x256, 223K)

Will this game be good? I really liked Attila, but I had to rely on mods.

Why Thrones in Brittania? If anything it would be Shogun 2 which had stupid shit like katana samurai, samurai heroes, warrior monks, and bomb throwing ninjas.

is there even any good DW games? cuz most dw games i saw always had a bad to average rating

DW7 had good story telling but shit gameplay.

>trusting reviews
DW4 and 5 are good.
SW also nice

Right now everything in the campaign map seems to be the best Total War has ever seen while the actual battles look mediocre except the 1v1 kung fu romance duels.

They delayed it however, so we can hope they fix the battles.

>if they exclude the bandit waifu in the historical mode
Why would they, she's in those "historical sources".

Youre going to mod it regardless anyway. Even Warhammer, the best TW game arguably when it comes to battles, requires me about several mods just to make the thing enjoyable

In the shack

Why can't warhammer have good campaign gameplay with actual events that aren't boring shit

Attached: 435635644653.jpg (400x400, 15K)

Lu Bu is already playable in the base game

What's she doing in there?

>can you also deny that their historical accuracy while it never reached 100%, kept steadily improving since Medieval 2 until Thrones of Brittania?

That's bullshit.
Rome 1, Shogun 1 & 2 and Medieval 2 are based on Hollywood movies.

Rome 2, Attila, ToB are the games that try to be historically plausible.

Empire and Napoleon are just different games altogether.

Yeah there's an early event for Dong faction were you can choose to murder him and make Lu Bu leader or remain bros If I remember right.

Well, wouldn't you like to know

I stopped playing DW after 6 so you made me check and damn I never thought I'd see Lu Bu's make it beyond complete obscurity except the equally as obscure Dynasty Tactics 2.

TELL ME user

Attached: Todd.jpg (1062x1062, 495K)

i did not know that, nice

youtu.be/jj_VMvsG7G0

Their trailer is also the most based

Historically inaccurate 0/10 low effort game

Attached: wqk6Pu0.jpg (1431x1776, 173K)

>It literally has two modes, one that is ROMANCE and one that ist HISTORICAL.

You mean one that is based on one book and one on another.
Neither of those is a flawless historical source, nor a made up fantasy.

It's like taking Mein Kampf and D.McArthur's diaries and piecing together WW2 from them. There are dozens of books about the period from that very period. That's where the actual accounts come from and where most history lies.

Thing is, those are studied by Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Vietnamese historians. Western study of Oriental history is a bad joke at best.

I choose BASED ZHAO ZILONG

Attached: 1537726708184.webm (624x468, 2.81M)

Reminder that you can just play TW:3K right now
moddb.com/mods/rise-of-three-kingdoms-rotk