Xenoblade Chronicles 2

>get the bit where Rex hallucinates
>die because I wasn't maining Rex before this so he's weak as fuck
>have to run from the real world back to your fucking hallucination

I can't play this anymore. This is single-handedly the dumbest thing I have EVER come across in a video game. It's one thing to be able to break the story via fast travel, but this is fucking stupid. Really fucking stupid. Like holy shit I'm blown away..

Attached: 3max.jpg (497x806, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7Bw6ogBchzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=60WhCcfcSBE
youtube.com/watch?v=1Q6-GjK1_2c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah the ending is fucking trash too
the game really falls flat on it's face
damn shame really, as I enjoyed it

>This is single-handedly the dumbest thing I have EVER come across in a video game
Which says a lot in a game with BLUSHY CRUSHY scenes, one eyed bastard jokes, overdone "mc gets hit by female mc for touching her involuntarily" memes, and literal gacha mechanics in a single player rpg.
not to mention how dumbed down the game was from its predecessor.

>not to mention how dumbed down the game was from its predecessor

I thought the combat was more complex?

It's so you can go back and level up if you need to, you dunce.

>completely missing the point
>calling anyone else a dunce

As best I could tell, XC2's combat was more complex in that it required you to set up synergies between your character and your team for the big damage combos that are required.

The earlier games had this same system but it didn't seem as important to me. I was able to play 1 and X without worrying too much about the team makeup. In 2, if your team comp is wrong, you'll take forever to kill even basic enemies. Get fucked on bosses.

Are you an idiot?

So would you have preferred to be locked out from leaving and levelling up, resulting in an unwinnable save, like in FFT? All because you were a dumbass who didn't level the fucking main character in a JRPG? You would be crying even harder if you were locked in permanently because of your idiotic decision.

Please do explain how any of this is the game's fault?

The sequence itself is retarded you mong.

YOU RUN BACK INTO YOUR MIND

Fuck Xenocringe 2.

Is this your first encounter with ludonarrative dissonance or something?

I didn't die and even I thought that bit was retarded.

How is this somehow more stupid than any other time the game breaks canon? When you died during the other boss fights, are you just picturing the boss waiting there like a retard while the party does a few quests?

>The sequence itself is retarded you mong.
Sounds like you're retarded. It's like complaining that dying once doesn't instantly end the game.

>Xenocringe
cringe

It's got nothing to do with levels you retard.

Fucking kill yourself.

>have to run from the real world back to your fucking hallucination

I experimented by save summing to see just what would happened if you died against Nia and I couldn't stop laughing. It really is stupid.

It's the fact you run back into your mind. It's just really silly. It has nothing to do with gameplay itself you dense fanboy.

Imagine being this mad.

I truly like jrpgs but this one looks like a massive weeaboo thing with a mene UI, although I haven't played it yet and maybe I'm wrong

Rogue-likes do exist idiot. You're so desperate to defend this stupid game.

Imagine being this stupid.

Yeah, I reckon a loss there shouldn't have mattered. It really throws you out of the moment of reaching that area.

Seetheing.

Dying in the game world is fine. Its dying in your mind and running back to it via the real world. It's far dumber than the average run from one room to another MMO schlock. It's like the game is mocking itself.

Are you seriously implying that this game should have taken the roguelike approach to handling death?

No you dense retard. It's just pathetic you can't admit that section is completely nonsensical compared to another other aspect of the gams because you're a rabid fanboy.

It isn't any more dumb. Sounds like you are pulling an arbitrary distinction here, that respawning and engaging the boss again like it nothing happened is A-ok, but running back to your mind is somehow not. Both are equally ridiculous, and both requires suspension of disbelief. Why you couldn't apply it in the second scenary is completely arbitrary on your part.

It seems like XB2 doesnt really have a system to react to deaths with anything other than a single, standard respawn. I wager that's part of the reason you have all the "Win in battle, lose in cutscene" bits: they couldnt actually make the bosses win because they didnt build the system to allow for other actions other than respawns to happen from in-battle losses

Everything after the World Tree really sucks IMO.

Then what exactly are you implying then? Because if not for that, your comment is completely nonsensical and irrelevant, what does roguelikes have anything to do with this?

It's not really a weeb thing, just really half baked and has some pretty heavy-handed jokey anime scenes (with some art-style shifts) early on.
Most of that stuff drops off at the 1/3 way mark.
IT's fun and enjoyable but it's a frustrating game

It's a lot dumber, but I'm not going to argue with an obvious defense forcing fanboy.

Sounds like your own fault for not leveling up your mc. By this point in the game you should have realized that there are many parts where Rex and the others get separated. Each character has a vital role somewhere in the story, so you should have leveled them all up instead of looking at late game strats and focusing on Morag. Tryhard.

I wonder why they made this game so much like an MMO. It's weird. Right down to the gacha shit.

Are you an idiot?

You're not supposed to die, the story doesn't have you dying then. You're literally going back to the previous point and going through the same setup again, exactly the same as in literally any other game, except that they do you the favour of skipping all the cutscenes and dialogue for you.

Do you sperg out anytime you die in games normally? I was just playing Cave Story and I had Curly Brace die twice before I managed to save her, would that give you an aneurysm too?

Also:

>Wasn't maining Rex so he's weak
>In a game with shared Exp

Attached: 1514443298919.png (795x962, 688K)

>>Wasn't maining Rex so he's weak
>>In a game with shared Exp
Fucking this. OP is either a liar or a retard. Probably both. But as always, OP is a faggot for sure.

>BLUSHY CRUSHY scenes, one eyed bastard jokes

Literally light-hearted humour... Imagine having a stick so far up your ass that something like this offends you.

>overdone "mc gets hit by female mc for touching her involuntarily" memes

The whole point of that scene, as well as the entire joke, is that hitting him HURTS HER. Pyra was complaining about a headache the next morning and Mythra was too embarrassed of having been such an idiot she's hiding away inside Pyra.

>literal gacha mechanics in a single player rpg

You can easily fill every character with practically BiS Blades without relying on the random cores at all.

>not to mention how dumbed down the game was from its predecessor.

Yeah, with a bigger world, more expansive cast and far deeper combat. Sure is dumbed down.

Attached: 1514459950128.png (734x590, 344K)

The fact you run back into your mind is what's stupid. I could ignore running back to normal bosses as a timeskip some shit, but RUNNING BACK INTO A HALLUCINATION IS FUCKING RETARDED.

fucking rabid fanboys

>I died in game
>BUT I'M NOT DEAD!?
>WHAT THE FUCK

How are you retards able to post?

It takes forever to kill any enemy.

XB2 fanboys are absolute cancer so it's no surprise they defend running back into your mind.

They had plenty of mandatory losses in Xenoblade 1, to the point where it got obnoxious. 2 has a couple of fights that end prematurely as well, so I'm pretty sure they could've had all those fights end in gameplay losses if they wanted to.
If you aren't using Rex he's just going to end up with a bunch of random blades, and that can really fuck you over.

What the actual fuck are you on about?

Again, I repeat, are you stupid?

You died in the game and have to redo the previous section. The same as practically every other game since the dawn of time. Which part of this is somehow different or unique and worth complaining about?

holy shit I can picture the froth coming from your mouth

all XB games are like MMOs, but stuff like the merc system and gacha system feel like they were done for this particular game's situation
>Merc system
Due to handheld nature
>Gacha
want to make each player's experience unique but they were total hacks about how to create that effect

You're just being purposefully ignorant now.

>If you aren't using Rex he's just going to end up with a bunch of random blades, and that can really fuck you over.

Play the game before commenting please.

Dying in that fight is exactly the same as dying in any other game. You're sent back to the last checkpoint and have to redo.

I'm trying to understand why somehow, for some reason, dying at this point of this game is somehow different.

>You died in the game and have to redo the previous section.

that's not the point here like holy shit

I had no problem beating my team solo. You prob just suck. Also I mostly just use Tora for the entire game ho.

Somehow this game attracts a massive amount of liars.
>i couldn't beat the boss because my rex was underleveled!
>i had to play most of the game with commons because i couldn't get any rares!
>i spent 200 hours grinding for kos-mos and didn't even get her!

Attached: 1540978845556.png (633x472, 565K)

>I'm trying to understand why somehow, for some reason, dying at this point of this game is somehow different.

Because you start at the Chapel and run back into your own mind. Can you explain this?

No, I'm being completely clear.

If you die, you get sent back to the last checkpoint and have to redo your progress. That's how almost every single game made has ever worked.

Using my previous example, playing Cave Story, I died several times trying to beat the Core. Each time I died, I was sent back to the checkpoint, and I had to fight it again. And each time, Curly was right there, and the Core was at full HP. That's how games work...

>not maining the guy who can use every blade
Are you retarded

>Play the game before commenting please.
I...did? I didn't use Rex and he ended up with Roc and fucking Godfrey.

>people are mad at blushy crushy
youtu.be/7Bw6ogBchzQ
You people have no soul

see

But that's 100% true. Even if you equip Blades beforehand, all their abilities are randomized. I literally just replayed this bit.

>Because you start at the Chapel and run back into your own mind. Can you explain this?

Yeah.

You died. You have to redo the section of going into the chapel, and making your way towards the Architect. However, because XBC2 doesn't want to waste your time, it skips all that shit for you.

Here's the literal only difference:

>It doesn't repeat dialogue and give you a cutscene to press + to skip

And seriously, please stop dying to easy segments of JRPGs, it's embarrassing even talking about this.

Attached: 1494729495466.jpg (625x626, 38K)

You don't even have to fucking main him, you can level him up in any inn.

Imagine being such a butthurt fanboy you completely ruin your own shit.

Pretty sure Rex can already use everyone's blades by that point no? Either way I did it with Roc and was fine.

godfrey unironically is useful there. Shield move can outheal the damage

You're so fucking sense it's insane.

Rex at that point of the game is a Master Driver, you can put literally any blade you want on him.

And Godfrey is actually fine in that part since Tanks make it easier. Put a Tank on him with a Diamond and you autowin against Morag.

Attached: Dab.webm (854x480, 571K)

Roc is pretty great considering he's pretty much the only one you can use smash with.

What? Would you prefer the alternative of staeting from even earlier and losing even more progress you fucking retard? The walk back isnt meant to cater to the story its convenience for the players sake, jfc. Who gives a shit if your IMMERSHUN is broken you fucking spastic, dont be shit at tje game next time and maybe you wont have to go through the harrowing experience of having the game cut you some slack and allow you to go back and level.

Of all the things to bash x2 about this is hands down the most inane complaint thread Ive seen made for this game. Holy fucking shit kill yourself OP.

>idiots still thinking that the death itself was the problem

I really hate this board sometimes.

People who haven't even played the game continuing to look like retards. Exposing yourselves one after another!

Just upgrade his chip and arts you faggot.

Attached: 1510435159834.png (566x800, 522K)

>What? Would you prefer the alternative of staeting from even earlier and losing even more progress you fucking retard? The walk back isnt meant to cater to the story its convenience for the players sake, jfc. Who gives a shit if your IMMERSHUN is broken you fucking spastic, dont be shit at tje game next time and maybe you wont have to go through the harrowing experience of having the game cut you some slack and allow you to go back and level.

Perfectly said.

Attached: 1550864586993.jpg (541x800, 89K)

>XC2cucks actually defending running back into your own mind as good game design

Attached: 1551717282177.jpg (328x639, 79K)

>Retards still unable to understand the absolute simplest example of ludo-narrative dissonance

It's amazing you're even able to post.

Attached: 5a2.jpg (1214x1239, 356K)

>ywn drink Mythra's pee
Fuck everything.

git gud scrub

>Xbabies unable to understand how a story interacts with gameplay

Not surprising, considering their game had no story. But still.

It's extra immersive.

It's not perfectly said it all. Immersion in that point of the story is insanely important. A death should just continue things, not having the MC running back into his own brain. That shit is retarded and you're retards for defending it.

probably one of the most awe inspiring moments ever in video games for me, entering the world tree for the first time from the elevator, had tingles for an hour or so
also the music

Attached: 2018010515193200-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg (1280x720, 329K)

>Die in game
>Go back to where you saved it last

What's the fucking problem? I thought you were bitching like you could come and go as you pleased, which would be stupid. Are you mad that save points exist? That you died? What's the problem here?

Youve drawn an arbitrary line between the game allowing rex to easily reaccess his dream sequence by having it be directly a part of the area and literally any other form of checkpoint reload in videogames. It does not matter that rex "walks back into his dream" when you lose because that doesnt fucking happen in the story and is a consequence of videogames being an interactive medium where a shitter like yourself can lose fights. Do you also feel your immersion shattered when you die in other games and are met with a "reload save" screen? The layout allowing rex to walk into his dream sequence allows for a linear, easily accessible continuation of the previous area for the convenience of the player.

Tl;DR you are direly retarded the mods should have nuked this dumbass thread. I dont even like xenoblade 2.

Attached: IMG_20190112_152055.jpg (470x573, 43K)

Nobody is mad except for you. I don't know how much simier I have to make this for you rabid fanboys. Running back into a hallucination is bad game design. Period.

>he got game over in xc2
big lol

>because that doesnt fucking happen in the story

Clearly it does.

>dumbed down from xc1

Oh I see, you are just a fucking idiot

you have no idea what you are talking about kid

holy shit everyone is so mad over terrible game design

Go play xenogears

Not them, but I'll bite

>Literally light-hearted humour... Imagine having a stick so far up your ass that something like this offends you.
user there is a time and place for eveything, but sometimes it feels like the characters do not understand that, and some jokes honestly feel forced.

The whole point of that scene, as well as the entire joke, is that hitting him HURTS HER. Pyra was complaining about a headache the next morning and Mythra was too embarrassed of having been such an idiot she's hiding away inside Pyra.
It's a good joke but it happens so often and it's so tropey that it's more annoying if anything.

>You can easily fill every character with practically BiS Blades without relying on the random cores at all.
Sorry but there really is no defense for something like this, especially in a game where travel becomes locked by arbitrary field skills. If you don't have what you need, good fucking luck.

>Yeah, with a bigger world, more expansive cast and far deeper combat. Sure is dumbed down.
Most of the areas later on in the game are over glorified hallways with nothing rewarding when you explore them. in fact, exploration is hardly ever rewarding in XC2.
Expansive cast, yeah, but most of it hardly gets developed. Quantity =/= quality

more like: morons are mad for a game being smarter than they are

Who the fuck ever thought of "RUN BACK INTO YOUR BRAIN"? You're playing a gameplay segment and you fucking die, obviously you'll have to fucking redo it.

I died at Zeke and Tora and i came back to fight them. Never once it crossed my mind that absolutely retarded thought because i understand i'm playing the game to get the fucking story going, not watching a shit movie like any other sony garbage. I got past that point and i still had all the immersion to empathize with the characters in the later part of the game.

>A death should just continue things, not having the MC running back into his own brain
Rex obviously wakes up from his hallucination after dying, but enters this state of mind every time he walks down that escalator. You just don't get it.

No, it's just more complex on a basic level thanks to blade combos. Honestly unless you're not using crit heal it just boils down to using your combos and chain attack

You've yet to offer a better solution. You just keep baiting.

Everyone is mad that you're a fucking retard who can't explain what they're trying to say

How would you like that scene handled? You just loose? Game over start again?

>this is your average XB2 fan

big yikes
no wonder you fags are defending something as retarded as running into your head

I did and dropped it an hour in during the first random encounters, it wasn't fun to play at all
wrong, the jokes were funny all the time
>travel becomes locked by arbitrary field skills
oh, but that literally never happens
are you lying or just never played the game?

Git gud

>How would you like that scene handled?

The MC not literally running back into his own head. I know you're mad I think the mmhe game is irredeemably stupid, but please understand this is not okay. It horrible game design.

the problem is that you are a low effort baiting pretentious moron
when you die in a video game fight you have to go back and do it again right
have you ever played a video game?

user late in the game there are several instances of paths being locked because they decided to shoe horn in field skill bullshit at the last second.

god I fucking hated that so much

You need to use the gacha to at least get enough electric blades to open that one door in the world tree, since Pandy doesn't have enough on her own and the only other non-gacha electric blade is Vess, who doesn't have electric mastery.
It's not like it's hard to do that in that part of the game, though. As far as I know every other skill check can be done without touching the gacha.

Except that you're not walking into anyone's head, you're walking into the hallucinogenic effects of a machine.

no they are not? I explored the entirety of morytha and world tree the first time through
Never had to backtrack from that point forward in the game

HAHAHAHAHA

*Every other mandatory skill check, fuck.

wow you faggots will say anything to defend this game

you can literally stack enough lvl1 electric masteries from common blades you never otherwise touch
that is a non-issue

>I know you're mad

No, I think anime is fucking retarded and take every chance I get to shit on waifubait pandering bullshit. You're a fucking retard mate, go suck start a shotgun.

>He thinks the sequence is happening in Rex’s mind

Hehehe

Dont normal blades also have the ability to have electric mastery too?

its been a while since ive played, the field skills were only really a nuisance for post game content

isn't it? it's the architect testing him for what he feels deep down

For a "mediocre, cringe-inducing JRPG" you sure love talking about it.

Spoiler: It's a great game, feel free to get over it anytime.

Agreed. Dying having zero consequences is stupid enough but that was beyond stupid. I was also not a fan of being able to teleport anywhere at any time even though the story claims were stranded. This game is an awful mess of ideas that don't work.

This, Pyra & Mythra are clearly their own people and not figments of Rex's mind

oh it's a machine now

wow you faggots will say anything to be contrarians over this game

what a stupid post

>Come in this thread
>See nothing but pure rage and stupidity
Why is that XB2 have the most shitposters there is? I don't get what's the problem with this game to cause a discord group to attack this game.

Yeah, every electric common has it. You can't just skip the gacha entirely, but what you are required to get isn't hard at all.

>I can't play this anymore. This is single-handedly the dumbest thing I have EVER come across in a video game. It's one thing to be able to break the story via fast travel, but this is fucking stupid. Really fucking stupid. Like holy shit I'm blown away..

I've also heard there is a part of the game where you are locked up in prison, and you can fast travel to do side quests, but the story still acts as if you are locked up. Is this true?

Attached: 1548857191441.png (512x512, 117K)

It's always a machine. You think the entire party just happens to get hallucinations about their deepest fears at the exact same time?
Please try to pay attention.

I don't think you're getting the point.
The problem is that it is a thing that becomes forced onto instead of giving you an alternative if you decide you don't want to grind for useless field skills and don't want to deal with such an interruption.

This could have been easily remedied by giving you an alternative route with a slight spike in difficulty and length.

Work to take this shortcut, or fight your way through.

Field skill paths had been completely optional up until Adam's dungeon where they force it instead of giving you an alternative route like every other time. That's either a massive oversight or a design flaw.

>One of the best recent Jrpgs
>Only playable on a nintendo console

SMTV is gonna get the same hate 6 years down the line

I died too because my faggot can jumped on me during the 2v1. At first I thought it was weird, but you run into that weird microwave hall so I guess that's what does it. I mean there's worse shit in this game than that. You have to let in some suspension of disbelief with this very strange offline MMO.

Not prison, but there are multiple times where you're stranded in certain locations but the game lets you fast travel anywhere, and every sidequest after chapter 6 is non-canon because there's absolutely no way to fit them into the plot. The game just doesn't give a shit about ludo-narrative dissonance.

Attached: 1521950831338.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

Yes. There's also a bit where you're swallowed up and trying to escape, so guess what happens?

2s combat is definitely dumbed down from 1 and x. Buffs and debuffa are handled by AI, only 3 abilities available to the player at any given point in time 9 total counting all a characters active blades but these are on potentially very long cooldowns depending on where you are in the game, only direct damage commands are available to the player and none of them have synergy with eachother in the way they have in previous games (nia gets a couple heal commands tho), aggro management is dumbed down, less control over teammates, easier qtes, no commands or playstyle is unique to any of the characters (besides nia who can heal without collecting potions) leading to homogenous characters with only numbers distiguishing them from eachother. To name a few. The combo system was fun but I hope they go back and build on 1 and Xs system for the next game instead of simplifying shit.

I think fast travel is locked at that point, but right after the breakout you got "2 hrs" to go to the core of the island but you can fast travel everywhere else

>The game just doesn't give a shit about being consistant.

FTFY

>my faggot can

CAT*
Cans don't jump.

It's perfectly consistent in not giving a shit.

Attached: 1518831052424.jpg (1280x720, 215K)

>game puts story ahead of gameplay
>shit game

>game puts gameplay ahead of story
>shit game

Attached: 1551829094394.jpg (466x393, 33K)

Anyone complaining about this should play Vesperia on hard. Fucking stupidly designed game that is.

Attached: you.jpg (250x375, 12K)

Do you seriously think whatever's going on outside of the party's scenario is canon?

>Playing Vesperia
I can't, the game manages to put me to sleep with no faults.

Ok you fags, your stupidity has gone too far this time. You must be punished, you must be BLUED!

Attached: IMG_20190306_115233.jpg (659x932, 106K)

>mechas blasting stuff from orbit
the view is indeed amazing though, tora is never wrong

When did I say I did?

Attached: 1526632303391.jpg (1280x720, 232K)

adam's dungeon is in chapter 5, like at least 30 hours in the game, you couldn't possibly have not developed your crew at all by that point?

None of those describe XB2, which has both shit story and shit gameplay, precisely because it doesn't know how to integrate the two with each other. The whole 'defeat boss, die in a cutscene' is a prime example of this sort of stupidity.

youtube.com/watch?v=60WhCcfcSBE

Attached: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 UI.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

I was sure Fan was gonna "mommy" him, I never expected Amalthus himself to be the one doing the moves. That artist is indeed corrupted.

OHNONONO YOU CAN FAST TRAVEL IF YOU WANT TO PURPOSELY CAUSE FUNNY SCENARIOS
HOW WILL XENOFAGS EVER RECOVER?

>which has both shit story and shit gameplay

Subjective.

its better than lose to boss lose in cutscene alot of other JRpgs employ

Why do so many jrpgs suffer from a complete disconnect between gameplay and story? Sure, some of this stuff is a necessary evil, but jrpgs seem to REVEL in this disconnect, constantly shoving it in your face and reminding you of it at every turn.

Attached: 1959393232.jpg (2000x796, 215K)

A shield hammer blade helps immensely there if youre struggling.

Flooring the boss in gameplay then getting bodied in a cutscene isn't anything new in JRPGs. Dunno why it's a problem now all of a sudden.

>Not leveling the MAIN character
>Surprised when the game requires you to actually use the MAIN character
This has been a thing in JRPGs since the very start and you still haven't learned, you dumb zoomer?

So he changed his shitposting strategy...again. This time it was really fast, "Japanese Humour" lasted months and I think it only stopped because mods now delete any thread with the webm in the OP on sight. The "must collect evidence to get the mods to ban xbx2" didn't even last two days and now he is doing this.

Attached: IMG_20190305_071932.png (648x900, 761K)

Fuck are you on about phoneposter?

Are you okay?
I think a lot of people who aren't normally interested in JRPGs or "anime games" picked up XB2 for whatever reason. A decent amount of the things I see people complaining about really aren't that out of the ordinary in the genre.

Attached: 1524468791794.jpg (1024x576, 142K)

Has nothing to do with leveling.
I don't know how OP died though.
You can kill the hallucinations with 1 or 2 first level specials with just Roc.

Is this the mentality of a Sonniger?
It's a fucking game, what the fuck were you expecting, to skip the whole sequence because you lost?

the explanation for lost odyssey is that kaim is on a mission and any "death" results in a deviation that could potentially last hundreds of years. Much like how taking damage in the original Assassin's Creed makes you lose Sync.
Just that specific example, though.

It's just zoomers.

what kind of autist made that webm

>What? Would you prefer the alternative of staeting from even earlier and losing even more progress you fucking retard?
Not OP, but yes. I died to Nia because my Rex had no way of healing so I had to go back and put Godfrey on him. Running back into my hallucination was fucking stupid and really took me out of the game.

>my Rex had no way of healing

You didn't even need to heal. 2 or 3 Level 1 specials from Roc is enough to finish the job. I agree the segment is stupid, but only a shitter would die there.

2 is the literal definition of soulless, they removed all the archetype characters and they all become the same. There is no equivalent to a Sharla type character, and they know that because any characters that doesn't dish out damage is USELESS. The whole combat system is trash from the beginning, but they thought making it samey and slower was the way to go.

Pretty sure that my Nia was beefy and was healing herself.

Mine was Level 83 and my Rex and like 78 and I managed.

This is the essence of every XCfags right there

They literally haven't played any other JRPG. They're the same kind of people who made Tales of Symphonia the best game ever made back in the gamecube days. They don't know any better

Pretty sure she had some bad ass accessories

Have you tried to git gud. Maybe some preparation as Pandoria says will do the trick

I actually thought the game was good at first, trash in the middle and then the ending completely redeemed it, it was great.

XCfag here

The only Jrpgs I can finish nowadays is XC, SMTs or masterpieces in art such as Lufia 2 or Skies

I tried 4 other Jrpgs this year and couldnt pass the 10 hr mark

>dumbed down the game was from its predecessor
You have no idea what you're talking about.

I think the versions you fight don't have the effects.

This is not possible:
-even if you didn't main Rex, ever characters get exp after fights, even those you didn't use
-at this point of the story, Rex has the ability to switch to any blade, even those who aren't his so you can still use the blades from characters you used

It's entirely possible if he hasn't been filling out Rex's affinity chart and leveling his blades. The master driver ability doesn't factor in to it, since the fights start without giving you a chance to access the menu.
OP's retarded, but I don't see how him losing once is improbable.

I was maining Zeke and KOS-MOS and still managed it with a bunch of random blades the game just gave Rex.

Will I fall in love if I play this game? My heart can't take that.

You'll either fall in love or end up absolutely hating everything about the game.

lol

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 149K)

>maining Zeke
lol fag
i never even touched zeke, the faggot

morag pls go

Yes.

Attached: 1548003163671.jpg (1200x675, 87K)

So what, the game should softlock you into the fights until you win them all, even though you yourself admitted your Rex was underleveled and underequipped because you hadn't been using him? Are you fucking retarded? Do you have zero fucking clue about game design? Locking the character in a point of no return after taking away his party would be the single fucking dumbest decision to make, of fucking course the game spits you out at the last landmark so you can fast travel to an inn or review your strategy/equipment before retackling the fights, the fuck did you expect? You're the kind of braindead retard for whom Nintendo included the "become invincible and skip the level" power ups after enough deaths in resent Mario games, aren't you?

I mean, you're not really running back into your mind at this point. Rex and the others have been standing still in front of Klaus the whole time. He wants to see how Rex reacts to each new crisis. He probably mind-wiped & reset his lost fight to give the impression he had never entered the base in the first place.

fucking fanboys are damage controlling with their own fanfiction now

Or it's a video game and the devs have to ask the player to suspend their disbelief to allow for a more balanced and fair GAMEPLAY experience and OP's severe autism can't handle it

This right here, is the type of person that considers XC2 a masterpiece.

Attached: 1511589362765.png (887x409, 42K)

The fuck does my post have to do with fanfiction? I just spoke of the gameplay reasons as to why the game doesn't softlock you into the fights. You really are retarded, OP

A friendly reminder that engaging with Xfag is about as useful as engaging with ACfag, so just ignore him.

Hello my number 1 fan, where's your nametag?

>XC2fag hates the only good character in the whole game
Unsurprising.

I bet if this happened in a WRPG people wouldn't be defending it this hard.

Attached: 1551846406625.jpg (2048x1906, 618K)

If this game wasn't on a Nintendo system the majority would write it off as low budget Vita tier trash, not even the Xeno autists would be defending it.

Nintendo rapes franchises almost as hard as EA, but still get defended because muh nostalgia.

I agree with you, especially since you can leave Morthya with Jin via quick travel. Just saying at that point, Rex and the others are probably daydreaming in front of Klaus the whole time.

>Actually complaining about the game not cheating you
Thank G-d we don't have idiots like OP making games anymore or else it'll be like the 90s when a surprise boss gives you game over. XB2 is thankfully easy so you can save after losing.

>It's good because it's easy
Based journalist cuck

Is this just one big joke or is this real legitimate autism? Has this autist literally never played a video game and died and have to repeat a section?

Attached: Confusion.jpg (644x745, 28K)

t. incel

>Waifublade fan calling someone an incel

???

I feel you. Tried playing persona 5 and ff15 and holy shit they are truly awful jrpgs.

Not everyone is 90s JRPG autist anymore.

>Pokefag
>le britbong gurl meme
>Likes XC2

Why am I not surprised?

>Can't actually argue his point
Why am I not suprised?

Because the world is full of ADD riddled teenagers that would rather experience MMO combat in a single player RPG than ever risk thinking out their next move while sitting on a menu.

I love you, Rex. :3

Not even that guy, just tired of pokeautists and their britbong memes.
It wasn't funny when XC2 incels did it either.

the samefagging in this thread is on another level

Look at unique posters. You'll find the answer

Attached: 1551841089165.jpg (544x960, 131K)

oh please
I'm 34 and and I'm sick of you pretentious cunts thinking turn-based is anything more than an outdated system for brainlets.

Real talk, I'm glad more and more people are finally calling out this game's flaws and realizing it wasn't the 10/10 JRPG it's rabid defenders constantly claim it is.

All XB2 threads are like that. It's the same people arguing back and forth, over and over again.

Attached: 1544278802814.jpg (960x948, 60K)

Never encountered a section this stupid though where you have to run back to your own mind. It's retarded, and no amount of fanboying will change my view on this. Get mad and write walls of text namecalling all you want.

Damn, you're 34 years old and you can't have the patience to sit down and enjoy a game that isn't a fast paced mess?

You're at the age where you're supposed to slow down and take in all those things you never truly appreciated, relax, and enjoy every moment.

I pity you.

If nothing will ever change your mind there is literally no reason to argue.

Attached: 1551834120813.png (1000x817, 1.44M)

Fair enough. I disliked XC2 bongposting but Pokemon bongposting has potential I guess
>Finally
You fuckin idiots just chose to shit on the game without actually playing. Every person I know who loved the game knows the game has flaws and are fully willing to admit it. The reason they defend it is because the flaws are blown way out of proportion. Look at the fuckin thread we're in. Some faggot is massively butthurt the game didn't put him in a locked game state because the game gave him a chance to fix his party

Attached: 1550886155203.jpg (720x817, 58K)

Im getting old. My time is valuable. I need fast paced good shit like xenogears. Not this fanservicey bs

I remember you saying something similar around when the game first came out.

In what world is XC2 a fast paced mess?

Don't even try to argue, the XC2DF doesn't accept the opinions of anyone that doesn't consider it a 10/10 masterpiece.

>XC2
>fast paced

You're fucking slow in the head.

Wait, you're agreeing with me?
Because Xenogears is exactly the type of game I'm talking about, old school JRPG.

You do realize people enjoy it while accepting it's flawed right?

Yeah this thread is proof of this. I liked the game but it has major flaws.

Certainly fast paced compared to classic JRPGs, the lack of random encounters speeds things up quite a bit.

so, did you buy the 300+ page artbook?

Attached: D05DA5iWoAEG0AK.jpg (2048x1544, 457K)

They sure as hell never acknowledge them though, they just post anime tits while calling anyone that doesn't like it a discord tranny.

Stop playing video games then if you can't handle gameplay being different from story
>Wtf why do I keep losing court cases as Phoenix Wright
>Wtf why do I die in Castlevania 1 if Simon kills Dracula in the end
>Wtf why do I die in RDR2 if Arthur only dies in the end

Was pretty nice

Attached: 1550171849113m.jpg (758x1024, 155K)

This post makes absolutely no sense.

Stop with the fanboy tears. It's pathetic. Just accept that it's dumb and move on.

Nope. I considered it, but it's mostly character art so I'm not all that interested in it.
I'll definitely get it if they translate it, though.

Because people focus more on what they like than what they hate?

Have you ever played Xenogears?

I fucking loved it. these pictures ooze wholesomeness

Attached: D05CtQYXgAEJkAT.jpg (2048x1454, 595K)

The moment anyone complains about the focus on fanservice or gachashit, a whole group of autists waifufag argue for hours over the game's good name.

>Just accept it and move on
>Except I couldn't accept this one instance of the game setting me back a bit because I died so I made a thread on Yea Forums

Attached: 14587933_p0.jpg (509x600, 156K)

I can't look at those images and I feel joy, I just keep imaging Takahashi's sadness.

Another retard who has completely missed the point.

freaking sweet choco

Did we get any more art of Dahlia or Perun? My dick wants to know

Saitofags are gonna be BTFO'd so hard when XC3 comes out it's not even funny.
Some will latch on to the fanbase like a tumor, but hopefully they don't cause too much harm.

I literally only played this game because of all the anons angrily meme-ing it. Found out it’s pretty fucking good, just an embarrassing mess at the same time. I say that as a complement.

>Playing games ironically

Truly this game's fanbase in a nutshell.

Attached: 994.png (238x296, 82K)

Same user

Are the mods really so stupid that you can successfully disguise extremely obvious flamewarring as "just having an opinion?"

Sorry, man. Not much. Apologies for the image quality I just took them with my phone

Attached: IMG_20190306_204926__01.jpg (2176x3314, 1.74M)

Attached: IMG_20190306_204854__01.jpg (2176x3419, 1.66M)

>Implying Yea Forums has mods
Nice one user!

Attached: Meanwhile on Chinese v.jpg (500x374, 18K)

Are you implying OP's is trying to start a flamewar because he complained about something in a game?

Attached: DSC09036.jpg (3302x5509, 2.22M)

Attached: IMG_20190306_204801__01.jpg (3506x2176, 2M)

Attached: DSC09050.jpg (3629x5822, 2.33M)

>All those designs with actual thought
>LOL THAT ONE HAS BIG BOOBIES LET'S PICK THAT ONE!

People will still deny this is anything more than a waifufag game.

Thank fuck we didn't get another ice loli
>Naked Perun

Attached: neros_huge_dick.gif (294x235, 550K)

Uh, is this the Xenoblade 2 thread?

Attached: da1f32be8188125dce98cef51e13f9b8.jpg (2876x4095, 1.14M)

No.

Nope. Search for another one.

Yes, you can't tell because we're discussing the actual game for once, so it's not a waifuposting thread, so you can fuck off.

No, this thread is nothing but shitposting and bitching.

Better make a general Xeno series thread. I find you can have enjoyable conversations about every Xeno game without the shit-flingings

Attached: 1513764373417.png (1278x720, 1.19M)

Why yes it is. Welcome

Attached: 1551140480529.jpg (527x527, 129K)

>"lol I enjoy getting soft locked because im under leveled"
>"I love it when games force you to stay in the same fight over and over until you win via RNG because I'm underleveled to actually fight the boss"

Wew

every xeno game has overpowered strats like this.

They all have big tits, except for the loli ones.

Your low quality photos disgust me.

Attached: 1551328273857.jpg (3896x4945, 2.85M)

The design they chose was the one with actual thought and effort. The others were just another human/furry, Ivy/Krystal knockoff.

Doesnt count in those cases. Those games were good

>weak as fuck rex
thats not even possible.

Maybe don't put a boss inside a dream sequence if there's no in story explanation for why you'd lose.

He's just baiting for (You)s

this whole thread is a bait for them

If one of those other designs got in the game, you'd wouldn't be saying that, instead you'd be saying it was good the current one wasn't chosen because it looked retarded.

The devs can literally do no wrong in your eyes.

did you complain about the fact the party just respawns if you fall off a cliff too? where is the line drawn for realism for you?

sending you out of the church at the end was so you can level up or prepare better for the hallucination fights. they're a sacrifice for allowing good game design over immersion or realism. stop whining.

Every thread I've seen that starts with shit talking about the game ends up being people talking about the game positively. Chad Xeno connoisseurs are so based.

Attached: 6e9155729a3acd40f05a508758c55e5b5e577ec8.png (1107x615, 1.14M)

Where? I don't see it.

I know. He's got actual brain damage.

Same for you, you idiot. If they had picked another design, you'd be arguing that the current design was the better one. You just want to be a contarian prick

I love how XC2fags have to make images like this because their protag is such a beta cuckboy with no testosterone.

If you guys actually had the patience to play turn based JRPGs, I wonder how you'd react to Zidane Tribal.

>developer accomodates retard that goes against every possible design like refusing to play as the main character and never giving him any weapon for over 40 hours by letting him fix his stupid ass decision and prepare
>it's still the developers fault

Attached: 1551706224496.jpg (294x294, 19K)

>xfag
>being a massive hypocrite
No, really?

I wouldn't actually, because those other designs actually look like, specifically the ice queen one.

It'd be added to list of the 3 blades I actually like from this game.

Post more Pyra.

Stop anwsering for me, my number 1 fan, at least put your name back on.
Why'd you remove it so fast?

Holy mother of boomer this post

spero ti venga il cancro al culo pagliaccio di merda

that's very rude user

It's amazing how all his posts are 1 minute apart

Attached: 1305559285640.png (274x242, 5K)

There's the reply I'm looking for.

Attached: e570c627f76ab2010deb2594518e3841.jpg (1856x2621, 1.62M)

Boomers will always be better than autistic zoomers.

>>die because I wasn't maining Rex before this so he's weak as fuck

no you die because you are fucking bad lol
youtube.com/watch?v=1Q6-GjK1_2c

Stop pretending to know things you don't. The devs obviously can do wrong since Nim exists.
As it is, the blades skew too human so I'm glad they went with something a bit different.

Careful, Xfag might add you to his cringe compilation

you failed to face your shit and have to do it again because you failed.

Or, just think its some revert to before you actually went into the dream but when you go back you insta go through everything and just go to boss.

Or just say "oh I died", better try to beat this boss

Or just realize the reason they do this sort of revert and push you outside of the boss fight and back into the map where you can go instigate the boss fight again is so that you can go back and grind up enough levels so you arent dying constantly with no real chance of winning.

However, what you did was "Oh I died, better shitpost on Yea Forums".

I know you're baiting but in the off chance that you're not your post when trying to shit talk people for liking game doesnt actually work. Or if you really wanted to shit talk the game, you should've talked about how the AI is kinda dumb and wont heal from time to time or the Ai will just try to jump over another character during mid convo and make them jump repeatedly over and over until the convo is done. Or even how during cutscenes, the characters hairs flow all about the place and even clip into itself from time to time and clipping in general is a thing in this game.

but instead you wanted to shit talk something thats done on purpose in terms of game design.

Attached: 1536664417866.png (843x768, 326K)

Just got Poppibuster.
Probably the worst blade I have gotten so far. Quiet disappointing.

Fuck you, I like Nim. If you wanted to talk about shitty blade designs, look at Praxis and Theory

I wasn't going to, but I can't deny a request from my number 1 fan.

Attached: xeno12.png (783x212, 41K)

Oh it would be my pleasure.

Attached: homura_xenoblade_series_and_etc_drawn_by_ririko_zhuoyandesailaer__sample-f3302c6b170162e9c73bea72a8f (850x1141, 204K)

Trying to get the thread banned like last time, huh?

Keep it coming.

>shitting on Poppibuster
Disgusting.

Attached: 1546652190145.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

As a blade to actually use it's pretty bad, otherwise I like it.

>That image
So funny, this game is truly the peak of Japanese comedy.

Turn the volume up then idiot.

Attached: Nia sip.png (500x500, 228K)

I didnt call Xc2 a masterpiece, just the best modern jrpg to come out.

Smt4A is in a close 2nd

What do you like about her?

>replying to the resident autist

What?

It was an attempt to make a good shield hammer but unfortunately shield hammers are destined to forever be shitty

>Smt4A is in a close 2nd
Wow, what shit taste.
Casualized gameplay, and terrible story, the only good character was Papa Dagda.

Play a real SMT like Strange Journey, Hell, even the original 4 was better.

Attached: smirks.png (398x428, 289K)

And all that with nearly no setup time, I remember how we needed to farm nightvision crystals in XC1 just to hit Avalanche Abaasy at all. Not to mention the instant death spike gems you needed too.

Please put your name back on, I miss it.

WHOA, PYRA LOOKS LIKE THAT?!?

Attached: 1550798931498.jpg (3486x2327, 622K)

I like her personality, but honestly, I couldn't tell you. Her design is just really good to me. I called Praxis/Theory shitty designs but they just don't appeal to me, they actually aren't that bad

>Casulized gameplay
It was better over 4
>Worse story
Yeah you got a point, but it makes killing your friends all the sweeter

>SJ
I love fusin demons and SJ has much less than that

Not him, but I like how she's just unashamedly racist.

I think Nim's design would be fine it it weren't for the weird snout. Other than that I understand what you mean

>old game good

>die in a game
>get to prepare yourself better and try again
>WOW THAT'S SO STUPID WHY AREN'T I STUCK FOREVER?
Based retard.

Attached: 1550172866606.jpg (1000x714, 123K)

I should continue my ng+ playthrough but I'm not sure what to even do in it

>It was better over 4
I don't know about that, outside of that one moment, there was no penalties for dying so I never felt pressured going through dungeons(Even though the game was so easy it didn't matter), and the friend system heavily breaks the game to the point that the one boss battle in genocide route where you can't use them was the only actual tough battle in the game, outside of YHVH and Stephen.

It was okay, but it really just feels like a filler to past the time until SMTV.

Did you do all the challenges? You could always try a BoC run

Challenge Mode on BoC.

>Not a new IP

Hmmm....

Why does this same post come up every thread?
Just lookup something to do, or stop playing.
The XC2DF isn't holding you at gunpoint and forcing you to play.

Babby's first time seeing gameplay and story segregation

i hear you man, passion for this game got killed when they introduced difficulty sliders.

> S-shut up f-f-fagot, got'em

You're cringier for even defending this game. And next time actaully argue. Keep seething weeblord.

Have fun playing Apex legends until your caveman brain needs to swap to something else, fag.

Imagine replying to a cringe post from almost 4 hours ago because you have nothing better to do
Couldn't be me

Minge - meme by gangweeb

This

All i wanted was a preset hard mode that isnt impossible on your first run. BoC is fine for ng+.