Just beat this. The worst single player mode in franchise history. So tedious to get through. It had a lot of potential...

Just beat this. The worst single player mode in franchise history. So tedious to get through. It had a lot of potential, but with a battle every 3 steps across six large maps, it becomes boring quick. Nothing will ever top Supspace Emissary or Melee’s event mode.

Attached: A8C2B4B3-6B81-41C2-BE47-F478B812CDAC.jpg (1038x576, 45K)

I touched it for ten minutes and never bothered with it again. It's really repetitive and could have benefited from having less battles.

Subspace emissary was shit. Take those nostalgia goggles off.

Except Smash Wii U was better than Melees event mode?

well the point of the campaign was to just have a long series of battles that could constitute as a campaign. it's very low effort on their part but is mostly for spirit collecting and unlocking challenges.

it'd be nice if it had a real campaign but really who cares the game is fine with or without it.

I've collected all the spirits in it and i've done almost every challenge in the game

The Great Maze was shit, but the rest of the mode was actually fun to play and wasn’t a slog to get through.

If there were trophies I'd still be playing. Loved seeing all the new character models of obscure games and the brief history. But that requires actual work so of course we couldn't have that. My opinion on Nintendo has soured a lot in the past year or so.

I hate the fact that you have to beat WOL to be able to change the menu theme

Agreed. I don’t know how many hours I sunk into WOL, but that and two spirits as the only reward was underwhelming.

>prefers static models of cool reference battles that pay homage to the characters/games themselves

I'll never understand trophyfags. Having a cute battle that mechanically represented smd references Roll and Data is so much better than a lame 3d model of the pair

I enjoyed it more than Subspace. The only thing it did worse were the cutscenes.

Why did you forget your picture of subspace emissary OP?

Man Nintendo really has you by the fucking balls huh?

Attached: I forgot my 3DS.jpg (680x680, 46K)

>it's Event Mode but with 12 times as many matches, more variables involved and some minor cutscenes
>"Melee's event matches were better"

Attached: 1510469895731.jpg (1136x640, 96K)

New 3D model is better than recycled PNG

I was hyped when Simon and Ritcher was announced as I expected a ton of Castlevania trophies with new models.

Smash no longer cares about showing off Nintendo's catalog of games, only about being a deadbrain crossover. They didn't even any of the spirits descriptions. What does that tell you?

The problem with your argument is the references start and and end at the character. Most of the spirit battles are just timed battles or stamina battles that end in five seconds, and it gets very repetitive. The decent battles are few in-between. You can't even show off your JPG's in a scrapbook while Smash Four let you put your trophies together so you could do silly stuff with them and take pictures even.

It’s called the Internet. Trophy models were just ripped from the games.

Except for the fact that it barely references the characters because there's only 20 or so modifiers. The system is very limited.

Spirit battles killed event matches and trophies in order to exist and both are significantly better than spirit battles

>The exact same 1 stock fights with various modifiers slapped on top
Vs
>Actually hand tailored matches with a variety of win conditions
I'd say get some standards but your a 2fag and thus already a lost cause.

>trophies
>new 3D models
This has never been true. Trophies reused models a lot.

> You can't even show off your JPG's in a scrapbook while Smash Four let you put your trophies together so you could do silly stuff with them and take pictures even.
There's a collection section. Check your inventory.

Attached: DyI30u1VYAEhlZa.jpg (1280x720, 232K)

There’s maybe like 5 events in Melee that are actually unique. The rest is just a standard WOL match.

Actual delusion

Retard alert

Attached: 830px-mach_rider1.png (830x509, 303K)

Not the same as being able to make a neat scrapbook with your favorite stickers or a display of your favorite trophies. How the fuck does the sticker mode have more lasting appeal than the spirit mode?

Also, most of Melee's trophies were original.

Attached: Poo_Trophy_Melee.png (446x768, 243K)

just imagine if they had a mode where you could build your own spirit battles with all the options.
set win conditions, stocks, AI levels, modifiers, who shows up and when, hazards and gimmicks, etc.
even if you couldn't directly share them online, it would be really interesting to see what everyone came up with.

Attached: 1547528836140.png (1280x720, 612K)

What is annoying about World of Light is how the whole thing kind of devolves.

Outside of Dr Willy and the Boss there aren't any real challenges. At least 300 of the challenges can be beaten with bowser if you tap side smash once with a suitable spirit.

I liked the Spirit battles and what little story there was but you're absolutely right about the map layout being a god damn abomination that ruins it.

You really are better off doing Spirit Board.

Dr. Wily isn't that bad once you get Metal Killer and KO Healing.

I found the 9-Volt fight to be the biggest bitch. Even with Assit Killer it's a pain just getting near him.

Should have just expanded on Smash Run

The o thing that pisses me off is the fact the Assist Trophy spirits doesn't have you summon them like in the spirit battles.

Imagine you had the Bomberman spirit and you started the match summoning him. What a wasted potential

Loved it because I’ve always loved event matches and this is basically that.

Hated it because it had essentially no story and almost no cutscenes of all these characters interacting together. Why have the campaign if you aren’t going to have those moments. That’s the whole point.

>Makes sense since the game is basically starting from a ported Smash 4 and then reworked from their.

The great maze was the only good part you mong. Your taste is horseshit, no wonder you hate good stuff like WoL.

>>The exact same 1 stock fights with various modifiers slapped on top
Melee Events.

>>Actually hand tailored matches with a variety of win conditions
Spirit Battles.

You are right, the latter is far better.

I am not a huge fan of melee, but I absolutely loved the event mode. I'm bummed out that it never really came back. I really liked having fun fights with weird conditions

>Poor Little Chozo Girl
>Enemy is multiple giant Ridleys
>The floor is sticky

WoL is absolute dogshit because of the spirits garbage. With spirits it's impossible to craft a specific experience or difficulty because everything is relative. You can just disable the negative conditions and if your spirit is stronger the fight becomes a cake walk.

Anyone who defends it has absolute shit taste.

Based retard

The one game that I wish had more cutscenes.

Is Sakurai still butthurt over Brawl's cutscenes getting uploaded on YouTube?

That would explain the lack of cutscenes, so I'm going to go with yes.

Nah, I think he’s over it. They already showed cut scenes and characters before the game was released. WOL is just lazy work all around.

The whole charm of the thing is the battles, if anything I would have wanted even more post-game battles.

>in franchise history
That's not SSE tho
I'd say Melee's adventure mode but its brevity saves it from the shitlist. SSE is just some cutscenes (that you can watch online) and some actually braindead and boring platforming segments and some cool bosses.
I agree that WoL could have actually used fewer bosses and maybe a better build up to each boss like with the final boss

If that's the case, it did a poor job of keeping me interested. Imagine Melee's Adventure mode with Ultimate's cast. You could do some really cool stuff and add a lot of easter eggs like Luigi popping up in the first stage or even having assists appear as regular enemies. In some cases you could pick multiple paths, one path having a certain character whom you obtain a special KO for. The problem with the newer Smash titles is the presentation; somehow they do less with more.

How would Melee's shit work with 80+ characters? It would be just as shit and tedius too.
Subspace is the only one that could work for these many characters, but dummied down do to man areas spent on characters more than anything because that's all real Smash fans care about now, but as long as there's no fucking Great maze and just use series brand enemies instead of lolrandom OCs, then it could be good.

>Melee Trophies

Are you just tourney niggers in disguise trying to falseflag with Melee or some shit?

>ditch the world map
>make it a menu like event mode except it's a unlock tree
>ditch the RPG shit and bring back stickers (purely decorative)
>use the saved dev time to bring back trophies
Fixed it. Spirit mod is a better version of event match that follows an interesting theme, I don't think it really needs all the shit it had to be good.

Attached: 1410200013349.png (333x266, 99K)

Not him but

>good stuff like WoL.
It's fucking trash, just face it
Spirits Board is much, much better than this "Single player experience" excuse

Attached: 3241987501.jpg (500x375, 28K)

>better version of event matches

It's NOT though, the scenario is always(unless it changes at some point that I never reached) defeat the enemy, event matches had unique scenarios like don't let the enemies touch the ground, don't let the enemies reach a certain part of the map, protect another character etc. Much more varied in terms of the win condition.

Spirit mode had more content and took more liberties with how the fight went. I feel like the best solution would be a mix of both.

>get sick of Ultimates single player being "normal fights with crazy modifiers added"
>boot up Melee to replay the glorious events

>normal fight, but opponent is giant
>normal fight, but Link and Samus spam bombs
>normal fight, but you have a short time limit
>normal fight, but only Legendary Pokemon spawn
>normal fight, but opponents are invisible
>different variations of "fight off an army of tiny guys who die instantly"
>a bunch of them literally just being a normal fight, with no strings attached

I think I may have overestimated the number of actual unique scenarios, like defending an egg. Even then, the most unique event is "go through an adventure mode stage on fast forward"

Attached: 1548966708861.jpg (1536x1124, 119K)

I dismiss the idea that these characters are in an amusing situatuon-that they interact cordially and live in some jolly 'smash manor.'
They are just toys, not quite alive, in a perilous state; forced to fight, die, and fight again for the amusement of forces they don't understand. They wish for the peace of inanimateness, but it eludes them as year after year they are resurrected back into Mars' hellish arena.

Attached: SuperSmashEndingHeader.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

This.