Would you go back in time if you could?

I wish I could go back to 2010. I was fifteen years old at the time having a blast playing games like Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2 and Red Dead Redemption when it released. I still had friends and hope for the future back then and I wasn’t addicted to degenerate drugs like weed and cigarettes. I had so much hope for the future of vidya back then just to watch every games company I loved get beaten to death by publisher, micro transactions, political agendas. Hell even WoW was still pretty decent back then.

I can’t believe it’s already been 9 years since then and now I’m just a lonely neet who barely gets enjoyment out of video games anymore (when I have the energy to play them).

Can anyone relate to this? Feels like I’ve fucked up and there’s no going back to fix things.

Attached: 97E3525D-8BD2-4B92-86CB-4EEA6BD38F83.png (637x360, 267K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HV2aSURKegw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>2010
>I was fifteen years old

get the fuck out of here

>2010 - 15
>2019 - 24

you are in your prime time user, get a job. I'm sure you would love to play some videogames when you are at work.

Attached: 6PJ1NQ6.png (654x585, 264K)

At least I’m not a zoomer and probably older than most users here.

Friends are a meme. In the end you do nothing more with them then talking like talking on Yea Forums. It's usually worse because on Yea Forums I can at least choose the game I want to talk about whereas real life friends usually never like or play the same shit you do.

I’m in the exact same boat user, but I wouldn’t want to go back, because I’d inevitably return to my current state. I’m just counting down the months/years until I can finally be at peace

I guess you’re right, I’m just sad coming up on two years being a neet in a couple weeks. Crazy how fast that time went by and all wasted. Probably forgotten about by most people I used to talk to.

youtube.com/watch?v=HV2aSURKegw

>I loved get beaten to death by publisher, micro transactions, political agendas. Hell even WoW was still pretty decent back then.

Holy shit, Yikes. Watching zoomers age is incredibly cringe

Attached: hide-the-pain-harold-trying-to-smile-meme-mobile-wallpaper-800x1280-20331-1387213964.jpg (426x426, 54K)

I had a couple friends with similar tastes in games to me and it was kino as fuck desu. The one who was my best friend I haven’t spoken with since 2015 when we had a falling out. The others I haven’t talked to in years either, one even has a kid now and is living in another city. Earlier this last year one of my old childhood buddies who I used to play vanilla wow and halo with back in the day came by my house but I was too much of a pussy to answer the door. Maybe I should try and reconnect. Video games aren’t as fun without friends I have to say.

what specifically was wrong with that statement?
I'm 25 and I could somewhat relate to it.

I would go back to late 80's.

>I'm 25 and I could somewhat relate to it.
Note the hesitation in your words, even you know that you are full of shit

I don’t get it, you don’t think games half taken a turn for the worse in last decade for those reasons?

No I'm happy. I don't know why all of you choose to focus on depressing shit all the time.

>sentence modifiers are now hesitation
alright, projectionfag, I don't even want to hear your side of the story anymore.

I want to go back in time when i was a fetus and i wish my mom aborted me.

I have one real life friend I hang out with about once a week and we watch similar animes together and discuss singleplayer games and then we play party games like rocket league together

Most people become dead inside once they are adults. I enjoyed friendships as teen, but that was during a time when we actually did a lot of shit together. Shit like spontaneos LARPing, creating stories together and drawing, programming or planning them, pissed people off for fun and went to crazy trips together.
You usually can't do this later anymore. Today everyone considers these things as "childish", or they're dead inside and/or have a partner or a career/job that urges them to pretend to be normalfags. I just wish I would die everytime I hit 25 and be reborn again. Being a child and teen is just so much more fun.

That sounds really nice user, next time you see him you should let him know how much you appreciate his friendship

d&d campaigns are a good way to drum up some childlike bonding, and it's surprisingly easy to get normies into if you're cool about it and not OCD with the rules or whatever.

Yes i would go back to WW2 & would help Hitler finish what he started so humanity could spared all of the suffering we’ve had because of The Kikes

based

Overdose on amphetamines, I've heard that helps

That makes him 24 you fucking shithead.

just stop smoking weed.
it allmost seems like a drug that raised your endorphin in unnatural ways prevents you from getting endorphin in natural ways.
could this be the depression everyones talking about?

Yeah that's what I am currently planning. I luckily know at least one guy who is totally into that shit as well as Cthulhu and I hope we can make it work. I am just tired as fuck of real life and its rules right now.

I just hope that isn’t the general rule. Maybe if I can find a group of friends that I can online game with while balancing out normie life will break the monotony of adulthood.

Well it took me more than a decade but I'm finally sick and tired of this shithole.

see you tomorrow

I haven’t smoked weed in about a month and a half after eight years of all day everyday. I feel kind of better but also worse at the same time. Having trouble finding energy to do much besides watch twitch and browse Yea Forums.

not a chance. i'm 27 and the 2012 era in gaming was so bad i'd *never* dream of wanting to live through it again. 2007-2010 was incredible sure, but there have been at least 1 or two good games a year since, and there was a terrible gimmick-fest when folks were trying to compete with the wii. gaming is finally looking up again OP, you just gotta look past the company/genre locks you have on yourself.

>weed

oh man if it was only weed, if you knew how bad things really are

yeah I keep trying to run campaigns with people and things keep falling through. Was gonna start a campaign with some coworkers, including a couple hot chicks, and I was supposed to be dungeon master, but then they changed the night they were gonna do it on. I had work on those nights so they got someone else to DM, even though I was the person who got the whole thing together.
>bought a DM manual
>bought a bestiary
>before I only had the player's handbook
>never even played
feels bad, and I'm not sure why

A month, before everything went to shit.

Attached: 1467512752844.jpg (500x680, 114K)

correction:
>never even dm'd
I've completed campaigns back in college before.

What do you mean by this?

You're still young. Go away while you can or you'll be in my case in ten years.

Yeah online playing with friends helps a lot. Games are basically proxies for adventures, it's why we like them so much. Traveling through the galaxy or fighting against dragons would be of course cooler in reality but games are still the best we can get right now and playing them with friends make them feel more "real" since you hype each other up and play with comrades that aren't NPCs.

I wish classic would release already because I have a guild I used to raid with on private servers who will be all getting together to push the content. When I was playing with them I actually felt like I was part of a community again and I had motivation to get out of bed and log on everyday. But I stopped talking to them because they were pushing me too hard to talk and socialize in teamspeak so I just stopped logging on one day.