IGN’s issue with Days Gone : “Another Gruff White Male Protagonist."

OH NONONONONONO

m.ie.ign.com/articles/2019/03/06/days-gone-open-world-gameplay-impressions

Attached: 54185A3B-1265-48F7-B8F7-38DA91606553.jpg (1200x675, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iQrjbRz3y7A
m
nytimes.com/2019/03/04/technology/google-gender-pay-gap.html
archive.fo/xnvVV
kotaku.com/days-gone-is-one-aaa-ass-video-game-1833092908
youtube.com/watch?v=b7Dl2aBONSQ
twitter.com/usofjr
reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/axwjh9/days_gone_hands_on_preview_ign/
polygon.com/2019/2/8/18216053/new-world-game-mmo-impressions-preview-colonization-controversy
indiewire.com/2018/02/jj-abrams-star-wars-last-jedi-women-1201929593/
thefederalist.com/2019/03/04/indie-sci-fi-authors-upending-traditional-publishing-turned-war/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>IGN

Firstly:
>IGN

Secondly:
Quit trying to stir up controversy about a shit zombie survival shooting game. This shit was dated 10 years ago.

Holy fuck OP who gives a shit

>be IGN writer
>get end of the month bonus if a lot of people click on your shit
>make a harmless but somewhat controversial statemente
>butthurt incels on Yea Forums make a million threads about it
>game gets free advertisement, writer gets clicks and a fat check at the end of month

I can totally see why companies are all about outrage marketing these days, it's so easy to play you idiots like a fiddle

>E3 preview
Audience: Ho hum. Yet another zombie game with a gruff, white, male protagonist.
Yea Forums: Agreed

youtube.com/watch?v=iQrjbRz3y7A
IGN: Ho hum. Yet another zombie game with a gruff, white, male protagonist.
Yea Forums: Reeeeee

I love these articles because ot makes me hopeful that developers will see how insane leftists are and stop trying to impress them

Attached: 3CB242F8-CB4C-476B-855F-0633F76EF74A.jpg (1266x686, 371K)

>IGN
>subhuman video game "journalists" aka bloggers in general

Attached: on video games blogging clickbait subhumans.png (591x518, 122K)

So the game is actually good then? Its been a while since we had a AAA shooter game with a white male protagonist gonna buy it thanks for the reccomendation op

Back to your discord you subhuman trannys.

So IGN is full blatant SJW now? That's crazy. It seems like every gaming media outlet is collapsing.

Cope harder nincel.

I remember when Yea Forums used to make fun of generic gruff white male protagonists, I guess we didn't realize what the alternative would be

Attached: 1512227575276.png (1124x598, 203K)

He is right you know
Fuck generic male protaganist
Fuck generic afro black woman
Fuck generic bald black guy
Fuck generic bimbo white girl
Get some creative characters
The most memorable game characters are from 30 years ago.
Most of them aren't even human.

Daily reminder. The only people who are hating days gone are sjw xbox fans who hate white people and want all games to be like letdown 3 and halo 5 where everyone is black and gay.

Attached: sjw3.jpg (300x168, 10K)

More like
Everyone: An other shitty fucking zombie game, oh wow is it 2011 again?

what does a white male have to do with it's gameplay

>m
I thought you mobile banevading spastics were supposed to be banned

This, it’s our time whiteys, we gonna fiddle more KANGZ and afro QUEENS in games.

I want to make a game where the camera is first person and before you begin you're given the options to be whatever the fuck you want, but there's no model for the character and none of the choices you take to make your character matter at all for the game story. That way, I'd be able to have all those fuckers off my back

>tfw have never bought a single game with a black protagonist in my entire life

Feels pretty based desu

>IGN
Isn't that the website that copies other peoples reviews?

Xbox fan here, this is false.

>Mobile
Cope Tobby
>Ban evading
I’m not evading anything.

Seethe harder discord tranny.

Over 70% of the Internet users browse mobile nowadays and you want people to be connected to a computer?
Piss off

All online media that rely on ads are collapsing. The more clickbaity it is the more desperate they are

Atleast read what you are replying to you fucking falseflagging nigger kike faggot cunt trash whitey spic chink

>Harmless and somewhat controversial

What if someone said “why is the protagonist another angry black man”?

> paid propaganda
> harmless
Enjoy seeing your son wear a dress.

Resident Evil 5 is good.
The first season of Telltale's TWD is pretty good too
Donkey Kong games are very good

Fucking look at his post and tell me you want to share a board with those people. The quality of this board has gone downhill ever since the smartphone boom started, banevasion is at an all time high to the point where several mobile ISPs get fucking range banned because it's unbearable for almost any board to have mobile fags sitting here.

lmao seething

SJW bullshit aside, Days Gone looks like generic cinematic experience garbage.

If that were the case they would've stoped with this shit 3 years ago. They'll ride it to the very end until they lose their job and end up below a bridge.

>banevasion

Attached: 1519323508406.gif (109x148, 313K)

But clickbaiting isn't good for any site because ad network don't care much about clicks but about session time and bounce rates
I enteres that article and immediately left. That means I had a session time of about 10 second and a bounce rare of 100%

Resi 5 has a black protagonist? U mean that woman? I mean ive played games with blackies before but iam talking iam just 1 black protagonist who you cant change or play as other whites
Also id only play as chris anyways
I fucking hate niggers and wish they would all die

Why do you keep posting off-topic garbage in a vidya thread?
The E-celeb desktop incel threads are that way —->

>white
>male
>heterosexual since he was married
seriously Sony? I expected better of you

LETS PRETEND WE ARE OUTRAGED AND DEFEND THIS SOULESS PIECE OF SHIT VAPORWARE SHOVELWARE GAME TO TRIGGER THE LIBBBBS :ddDDD
EPIC Yea Forums RAID ONCE AGAAAIN

If you don't like it, I don't know what to tell you, because mobile browsing will become the norm. Hell, it already is the norm, I'm browsing right now while taking a shit

I busted way too many nuts on her.

Attached: 5a7b32959be49086ef5068097b7ee4c3.jpg (900x450, 122K)

Try Telltale's TWD season 1. Pirate it or whatever, it's pretty good

Imagine choosing console wars over your own race.

>VAPORWARE
I dont think you know what that word means

I dont wanna admit it but i played it
I didnt like the ending that much i would have prefered clem dying

They won't stop even if he/she/it gets fired. They'll continue to libtard virtue signal to the end and there is nothing virtuous about the left because the left is all about hating Whites, the rich, while being lazy and degenerate.

They don't hold true virtues. The virtues of God.

The guy does look pretty generic and forgettable though. Seriously he looks like one of those random generated player models you'd sometimes get in a multiplayer survival game.

Attached: 20149466-6B2D-40C9-8126-7A5E73E13A14-189-0000002200DFF499.jpg (825x464, 172K)

Nah, Lee dying was pretty powerful. Having Clem dead meant the quest made no sense

My god the white fragility in this thread. Get yourself educated on hundreds of years of racism. Getting defensive about this = probably somewhat racist, whether you’re conscience of it or not.

The author ain’t wrong- it’s a FACT that the majority of protagonists in gaming history are a straight, white male bill. Does that make them all boring and generic, no...but this game in particular- generic game looks generic for a multitude of reason besides the race of the lead.

Its never comming out my man.

funny how you don't post this in giant bomb threads

We live in an age were being white is almost a crime.

Meanwhile blacks are 13% of the population but commit over 50% of the crimes.

Everyone can see through your blatant marketing stunts, fuck off.

>scheduled by the end of April
>its never coming out

Jeff “fat cuckold tranny lover” Gertsmfgjh

Thats what would have made it sad for me
Real life isnt as easy as that sometimes people work hard and dont get anything
I was told i would get a sad ending
I just got a predictable one

Is this your first vidja game user?

why do you hate white people so much?

Why are Yea Forums leftists so triggered by this thread?

Looks like it’s time to preorder White Days Gone.

When the fuck did having the main character be white become such a NO NO?

Like 90% of the time, they HAVE to be black/brown-ish or your a biggot.

Attached: 1518421002084.jpg (467x628, 48K)

>My god the white fragility in this thread. Get yourself educated on hundreds of years of racism
Oh the irony.

Attached: 1551549341237.gif (377x372, 3.46M)

>samefagging autist trying to make everything political
Fuck off trooper nigger
game looks like dogshit generic poo poo eat my doo doo

I really wish you interns would stop trying this shit.

This article is like 4 years late

>Google Studies Gender Pay Gap. Discovers that men are being underpaid
>nytimes.com/2019/03/04/technology/google-gender-pay-gap.html

Attached: 4615.png (1140x886, 1.47M)

Dang I'm going to have to block so many people on this. I half feel like debating them.

It is cliche to have white men protagonists. Video games are almost the only medium where this keeps happening. Granted Black Panther and Captain Marvel get tons of flack at least we see diversity more often in that sphere. Novels - there are a plethora of books by non-white male authors that incredibly well done and you could go for months or even years and never read a white male author again. TV shows - there are many shows that are trying this as well. Some shows are abroad like Kingdom but some are more Western like Black Earth Rising but they very well made.

However, video games due to how many white men feel as if they're the only ones who have a say on it get insanely upset.

Historically you have to look at how many white men have been heroes or protagonists compared to every other ethnicity for men and to any women period. Now there are tons of non-white men around the world and this is 2019 so yes it stale white bread at this point. I applaud any game that moves forward from the Blerd character that is Marcus in Watch Dogs 2 to Lifeline and Bangalore in Apex Legends to Aloy's no romance steadfast lady of Horizon Zero Dawn. The only time in recent games I genuinely enjoyed being a white dude was Arthur Morgan because he was pro Black, Native-American, and women unless they were assholes. And most aren't.

Anyways that's my piece on it. And we'll see how much I feel like arguing

Attached: kek.jpg (600x450, 49K)

When the fuck did having the main character be non-white become such a NO NO?

Like 90% of the time, they HAVE to be white/pale-ish or your an SJW

>poo poo eat my doo doo

Leftists are finally going insane.

Remember to succeed in your suicide so we don’t have to pay for your medical bills.

>Trying to compare an anonymous board against a "professional" site.

Attached: nice.jpg (630x420, 94K)

When 90% of them became mutts or straight up niggers.

The only left thing is my nut extracting manjuice into your mama NIGGER

Is it yours?

>Yea Forums hates IGN and cinematic shit
>Suddenly IGN attacks cinematic shit (for SJW reasons, but still)
I don't know who to cheer for, can we get a double knockout?

When SJWs infected the industry and now are openly waging a war against white cis males.

Attached: 1547054499146.jpg (1900x1440, 481K)

Seriously, how could Sony do this to us? Don't they know that their fanbase is comprised of mostly liberals?

BLACK PEOPLE GOOD

WHITE PEOPLE BAD

Attached: 1DD1FAEE-A5CE-4E46-A9A1-28039A40AB54.jpg (500x281, 118K)

Don't worry, the golem is slowly but surely turning on it's master.

Attached: 1551808721595.jpg (643x1024, 94K)

Attached: 1551242185373.png (1102x794, 968K)

Congrats, you are a sucker for marketing

Yes but even I know release dates mean nothing.
I believe its real when I have it.

ITT: Triggered leftwing brown Nintendies.

Well at this day and age whites don't get a pass without journos sperging out
If they even dared flirt with an protagonist with aryan/anglo features they would collectively shit their pants about nazis rising up so there's not much room in designing them

Attached: 1504786916670.jpg (4210x5728, 2.59M)

Why are /pol/tards assblasted about IGN calling the dude "another gruff white male"?

OH NONONONONONO...

NO

Attached: 081B000C-70E4-4D01-8988-6B37A145452A.jpg (1242x1461, 1.05M)

You don't need to defend the shit game to shit on IGN making retarded articles about the character's race instead of the poor gameplay

At least archive the link first, ledditor.

Attached: 13%.png (1066x1457, 1.44M)

What’s wrong with a white protagonist?

Did you want a post-op muslim tranny biker?

Get Woke

>NO YOU AREN'T WOKE ENOUGH
>BOYCOTT THESE SEXIST NAZIS

Attached: 1550354608515.gif (500x347, 1.01M)

How much do you bet Sony gave them directions to make the game seem appealing to the alt-right

Picrelated.
But of course it just because game looks generic.

Attached: whitemen.jpg (1920x1080, 509K)

>being a white male makes you "alt-right"
You didn't just shift the overton window, you kicked it into orbit

>Yea Forums has actually become this thin-skinned
Can you underage niggers grow a pair?

I want them to be unique.
Dante is a white guy, I can recognize him anywhere from first sigth.
I saw every video about this game and I could not tell you how he looks like other than generic white protagonist v.1.21312.

Only Nintendo wastes their time paying people to run review sites who get to score on metacritic.

I shouldn't be suprised by this shit anymore.

Attached: 1551809196593.gif (220x247, 736K)

So you’re saying the protagonist being white is not OK?

Maybe he should be a nigger affro woman riding the QUEENS Bike and fighting capitalist zombies?

Hi everyone, I'm the writer of that article. I've been browsing Yea Forums since I published it and without fail, you incels are already on your 6th or 7th thread about this. I get a very juicy bonus of I hit a threshold of clicks and I'm completely smashing it this month. I' ll be sure to use the extra money I'll get at the end of the month to take my 90lbs instagram model girlfriend and her other boyfried I don't mind sharing her with to a nice, lavish dinner. That's paid by you with your clicks suckers, lmao I'm out, peace

Attached: 1551349444036.jpg (1024x768, 106K)

>tell retarded ign reviewer to complain about the mc being a white guy
>/pol/ comes in infuriated and buys this shitty game that was previously doa in dozens
>profit

Why do white people get asspained by everything? Its always white people wanting more diversity and also white people who get butthurt about said white people.

>So you’re saying the protagonist being white is not OK?
You dumb fucks are just looking to be offended. You see "white" and your brain shuts off.

>Stuff that never happened

The entire thread is butthurt Nintendo fans and Resetera raiders crying about /pol/.

>He done it for clicks
See ->

I bet you think you are a fucking epic dude trolling everyone on Yea Forums ruining threads with your le epic edgy memes but I genuinely hope you dont get to live your 14th birthday you waste of space.

You vastly overestimate how much /pol/ cares about videogames, it's just burger boomers talking about boring actual politics.
You also overestimate how much attention these shitty-ass IGN articles get, it's mostly just faggot OPs hunting the obscure opinion columns for them.

>Stuff that never happened
Its literally this thread but I love that you're saying every butthurt autist is ACKTUALLY a false flag

Is this "selective reading"?

How about you come up with better excuses to defend your SJW degenerate friends?

Why are commies so butthurt all the time?

You forgot to call me a discord tranny, you triggered little crybaby bitch.

wow

>he never played Urban Chaos
your loss

this like ubisoft with far cry 5
gullible retards

>Yea Forums SEETHING over another Sony exclusive
Garunteed 10 million seller once again

Why are all woman such maniacs?

We need more KANGZ and QUEEN aperotagonists in our videogames.

Attached: FAD439CE-FBC1-4DC9-ACBD-05895E717ADA.jpg (1024x576, 50K)

Wait so ign just flat out admits racism to white people?
Can you imagine if the tables where flipped

>racism to white people?
Excuse me? You can't be racist towards WHITE MALE.

Why are all white males so racist?

Admittedly the main character looks incredibly generic, white-boi or not

Having the baseball cap really tops it off

You won't get much out of that "argument" considering it's purely the opinion of a sheltered faggot that consumes too much western media.

Here's a hint - be less of a tasteless faggot and broaden your horizons. You'll find there's plenty out there in the world to satisfy your "REEEEE MUH WHITE PEOPLE" mentality.

>just let journalists insult a race
>just let journalists judge games with race and gender

Do you even realize the humongous amount of posts made from a phone that you don't recognize as such and probably reply to saying "based" or shit like that?
A retard is a retard, doesn't matter what device he's posting from, hell, you're on a computer and you made the most retarded post in the whole thread, so yeah.

I don't blame them. Game protagonists are all very samey. Especially those set in the real world. At least Geralt has yellow eyes and white hair.

Did you guys know the wage gap is a myth?

>some random news website: You should watch your carbohydrate and processed meat intake
>Yea Forums: SJWs are now coming for your food

IGN's not wrong. Gruff white guy with, and I honestly don't know a fucking thing about the game but knowing the usual AAA boilerplate, obligatory tragic past and probably at least one immediate family member killed on-screen early on, and probably reacts to surprise and danger with the usual almost sarcastic "oh crap" or overly theatrical screaming that does nothing to affect how he performs in gameplay was already basically phoning it in, in gen 7.

Attached: 1545706418630.png (1280x868, 678K)

It isn't, males are paid less

Based and true

Attached: 1518231374369.jpg (768x1024, 171K)

see It's not just honest complaining about a generic character, it's an agenda.

It’s ok, Nintendo fans already made their choice, console wars over race, big review sites over anyone else’s opinions.

I mean, if they don’t defend IGN now, the 97 score stops having weight.

so are you telling us that his wife wrote it?

Imagine having this low IQ and hating yourself and your race so much.

Seek help, you’re not ok.

I TOLD YOU MUM, THEY'RE NOT CALLED ZOMBIES, THEY'RE CALLED FREAKERS

>yet another black male protagonist
>yet another strong female protagonist
Tell me that wouldn't blow up, if a game journalist said something like that.
It's not harmless.
Just look at the people bitching that Will Smith isn't black enough for a movie role.

It's very likely that he agrees with or is highly influenced by her since they're married, yes.

Are you telling me he has different world views from his wife?

so you're telling us that his wife wrote it.

Ape Out looks fun

It's not inherently wrong, just a major red flag due when it comes to AAA titles. This is due to writers AAA companies seems to have entirely replaced by people who write characters to be stereotypes on par with Wyatt Mann comics.

she's fucking orange

Literally idiot.
Back to discord tranny.

I don't know. I don't know either of those people. That's sort of the point.

NINTENDIES DEFENDING IGN AND RACISM AGAINST WHITES

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF NINTENDOLAND

Attached: 71F7F6F0-E103-4A88-A11F-6BDFB5632F2E.png (1005x632, 791K)

It was most likely JR himself since he's your usual burger obsessed with identity politics married to a lunatic.

yes, you seen reasonable and not biased in this I should take your word for it

Go neck yourself with the rest of your pol cocksucker friends. IGN is irrelevant source and you should kill yourself for even clicking their article.

>yet another strong female protagonist
You niggers write articles about this on One Angry Gamer all the time, or retarded youtubers like Jeremy. The problem is that most people don't give a shit about your tiny, constantly ass-blasted minority.

Your WHATABOUTTHISisms just show how indoctrinated you are.

Attached: Hamburger Helper.png (1300x835, 949K)

so... we can't use that image for anything?

Just look at his twitter and you'll see he in fact agrees with her views with stupid screeching about politics, what kind of nonsense cope is this?

Seethe harder degenerate, Communism doesn’t work.

it's the kind of cope where a man's wife doesn't have anything to do with what he himself wrote

Who the fuck gives a shit, it was they only way to attract attention to a shitty zombie survival dumpster fire

You guys are so fucking sad, holy shit. Are you really hunting down info about the guy's family because he complained about another gruff white male protag?

He himself constantly tweets and retweets identity politics bullshit and he himself wrote about muh white male.
I don't know what your point is, can you clarify?

>Your WHATABOUTTHISisms just show how indoctrinated you are.
>counters with whataboutism himself
You're really not the brigtest bulb out there.

my point is that his wife doesn't have anything to do with this

What’s wrong? Don’t you agree racists should get doxxed and hopefully lose their jobs?

Oh right I forgot that you guys were SJWs

That is very surface-level information he put in a link in the article itself, if they're that crazy in public then imagine their private beliefs.

Games journalists have been a joke before you were born. Acting like they should be taken seriously makes them appear to be more of a valid platform than they really are.

>your view is wrong because my tiny specific view that I have to go out of my way to get confrimed shows the opposite
You really didn't think that one trough.

Attached: 1551787480112.gif (297x212, 473K)

Not directly but it does show what kind of person the article's writer is, why are you suddenly so defensive? Do you have a personal stake on the matter?

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Yea Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have forgot the archive the link when posting, Whoops! You should always remember to archive the link when posting, unless it's already archieved! Posting links whitout archiving is poor form. You should always try to post archives, otherwise you will be giving money to clickbait websites.
archive.fo/xnvVV
>archive.fo/xnvVV
archive.fo/xnvVV
>archive.fo/xnvVV
Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

>nincel
Nine inch nails celibate?

only to point out that you are bringing up this unrelated person, and then pretending it means anything at all. how about this explanation: maybe he thinks the protag is boring?

#TransAreTrash

>nincel
Nintendo incel?

>woman
user...I....

>That nose

Attached: 1550175809037.jpg (3024x4032, 1.28M)

> unrelated person
>his wife
Cope more tranny.

>maybe he thinks the protag is boring?
You keep trying to force this despite him very obviously being one of -those- people, he has a tweet obsessing over identity politics pretty much every day, his wife is certainly not unrelated to his mental illness.

getting called a tranny means I won right?

>>>r/thedonald

>he has a tweet obsessing over identity politics pretty much every day
So he's Yea Forums?

Yeah. I was really close to replying to done contents until I saw how many of them are so focused on the "gruff white male" thing. It just isn't worth it. Cole McGrath from InFamous bores me. I don't give a shit about Geralt from The Witcher. Or Marcus Fenix from Gears of War. Or Jack Cooper from Titanfall 2. Nathan Drake and Arthur Morgan have a lot more personality but I still can't relate. I still appreciate them. So when I look at a game like Days Gone, it's hard not to assume, initially, that the protagonist won't be just as flavorless.

Tell me, how his wife with whom he must to share world views to live together - unrelated.

>No goys! It's a ploy! Sony game is a mobie generic zombie 3rd person in a forest! Buy a Nintendo switch right now! No sony no ahhhhhhhhhh!

Why are white (men) so triggered all the time?

Attached: 1551849729618.jpg (869x850, 110K)

>maybe he thinks the protag is boring?
Did he write that? No, of course not, He went out of his way and made it about him being a white guy. Not a boring dude who happens to be white for some reason.
Hell, I take it you're way too young to remember the plague that militery protags were in the past, where every game had the same fucking military haircut and brush character and you could swap them from one game to the other without noticing the difference. And people complained about them being boring, not their fucking skincolo ,which seems to be the only stupid thing you seem to care about.

kotaku.com/days-gone-is-one-aaa-ass-video-game-1833092908
They say they like the gruff white male protagonist. The thing is that this type of character is a typical shooter protagonist, but just a step above the less hairy version.

And yes, shit like this is largely said to stir up controversy because boring opinions regarding character design don't get clicks like "*sigh* do we REALLY need another cis straight white male??"

Remember when you'd see Yea Forums threads with a picture like this with something along the lines of "Western game character design" in the OP?

Attached: Video-Game-Protagonists-Brown-Haired-White-Guys.jpg.optimal.jpg (900x1197, 239K)

This is the dumbest post of the day

i mean do ask your gf to check your Yea Forums post before you hit post? i realise this is a silly question but imagine for a second you had one.

Well that's not a woman that's a man, for one.

wtf no bro ive been here since 2016 and Yea Forums has ALWAYS been a WHITES ONLY board

Because they feel entitled to the whole slice of the demographic pie.

>Can't relate to a fictional video game character

This is how starved people are for role models

>S-S-SEETHING
Nice counter argument, underage dipshit. So you prefer let shit-tier game journalists to give you opinions rather than forming them on your own? Good for you, now fuck off.

Attached: 1386835993604.gif (250x250, 1.11M)

Idk who the one angry gamer is but fuck jeremy, he's a leech just like them.

Journalists are fanning the flames and have the biggest platform like you said, regular people aren't the ones starting this, the journalist are, people fire back because of the lies being spread constantly, not because they want to push an agenda. Look at TLJ, journalists and Twitter quickly jumped on the fans are sexists or bigots, etc because the movie was a mess, and they pointed out the problems of the film and the lies being spread. Stuff like this is a reaction of this looney reality they created.

Yea Forums official GOTY 2019

>shit like this is largely said to stir up controversy
Nope, the writer really believes in typical californian "progressiveness" and his wife is a maniac that wants white cis males exterminated.

Good. I hope they fucking starve under there.

you're right. I decided to read and he actually says he likes him. whaddaya know. what's the problem again? you don't like the word white?

Try to date someone (I know it is hard for tranny)
who thinks #MenAreTrash while you do not share such views.

So why press always write about Trump's wife and kids?

>the journalist are, people fire back because of the lies being spread constantly
If you think people are seriously going to "fire back" because an IGN article complained about bland gruff white male protagonists in video games have gotten stale and overused, you are nuts. And I don't even know what your solution is here - do you want the guy to apologize? To take down the article? Sounds like SJW tactics.

>how to generate discussion a. k. a. clicks

ya dude i'm sure it's journos who post threads like this all the time

boy how did i ever survive as a kid with unrelatable role models like banjo kazooie, spyro, and crash bandicoot?

Thing is.
He was payed to write positive article about upcoming sony game. But he inserted his own political views into it. He must push the narrative you know.

Except no one was defending the guy to begin with. Since blacks are so against race mattering (which ironically does to them since they're entire victim complex is based on race), why does it have to be mentioned that this guy is white or that he's white? He could have just said generic and the point would ahve come across just fine, but don't act like the way he said 'white male' can't be construed as carrying negative connotations.

Source?

i mean if you had an office job, would you go to your gf and ask her to check your work?

youtube.com/watch?v=b7Dl2aBONSQ

Look at dislikes and comments.

White characters created by white men

>he/him

Yep that's all the explanation I need.

wait so he's a paid shill who's inserting his own views in the paid shillery? it's getting more and more convoluted

I remember.
This place has been pretty different since the election, now this place is filled with unironic white supremacists who get outraged at everything.

Are your retarded or just mentally ill?

Congrats, you're helping to advertise for IGN.

How would you feel if someone reviewed a movie and wrote "I rolled my eyes when a nigger came on screen"

twitter.com/usofjr
Just look at his twitter and try to handwave this away him not being obsessed with identity politics, the sheer amount of tweets and retweets about it is crazy.

Attached: dasd.png (580x483, 435K)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LOOK AT THE RABID SJWS ON REDDIT!!!
reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/axwjh9/days_gone_hands_on_preview_ign/

Attached: 872A312B-BF02-428C-8652-1179D9FE0D11.jpg (228x221, 34K)

just asking a question

Yeah, reading it makes it only more apperant that he just had to insert his own politics.

Attached: awsedr.jpg (638x392, 103K)

What so convoluted about it.
This article wasn't created for bait-click with another crazy thing in it to attract people.
It was preview of the big upcoming game. For which they always getting money.
But he is so crazy left, he tried to push his narrative in it.

>gruff white male = nigger

Attached: 1533841025833.gif (320x240, 2.48M)

Applaud for having found a critic with taste.

Attached: neutral and stable writer.png (610x812, 102K)

I also asked a question.

Trips of truth.
God I hate Reddit

i mean not really? the whole passage is right above your post

>he doesn't like Trump
REEEEEEEE OH NO NO NO ITS OVER BOYS

>Look at TLJ, journalists and Twitter quickly jumped on the fans are sexists or bigots, etc

Saying "sexists are mad about TLJ" isn't saying all fans are sexist or that the only way you can not like TLJ is to be sexist. I've seen this conversation play out and it ends with zero credible sources, just the feeling people get.

Damn I actually gave that shit a view but the "white male gruff protag" line really came out of fucking nowhere then right after he admits that the characters/plots were interesting enough to warrant a follow up

aha so you must be retarded or mentally ill :^)

>template thread

Kys retard.

He likes and retweets AOC a lot , same as his wife. He is crazy leftist.

>be colonized
>learn Amazon is making a video gamey version of colonization
>want to play it
>journos are trying to stir shit and prevent me from getting games like New World.

polygon.com/2019/2/8/18216053/new-world-game-mmo-impressions-preview-colonization-controversy

The issue isn't the protagonist, the issue is that it's a generic shitty third person shooter with zombies. Something Sony has rehashed a billion times.

>these are rabid SJWs
Maybe I should make a reddit account because it seems like they're less assblasted about identity politics than you guys.

Attached: Untitled.png (948x724, 91K)

He must praise the game, because sony's money.
But he can still push his views which are unrelated to the game.

The issue is the protagonist, according to IGN.

Why did he just say that then?

>>get end of the month bonus if a lot of people click on your shi
As if most of Yea Forums didnt have a adblock

>mfw I knew he was californian before even checking

This is the first thing I see and reading further I'm just not seeing it. He likes white males. I'm not sure what the problem is here or how I'm supposed to read extermination in any of this. Are there some "micro-aggressions" I'm just not seeing?

Attached: 1080x360.jpg (1080x360, 57K)

Dig deeper

I figure with they wanted him to look like Daryl from Walking Dead. They even have him use a motorcycle

Attached: 6028071-daryl.jpg (2403x3600, 1.53M)

You lost trannies, no one's falling for your white genocide propaganda anymore and even this """"subtle"""" subversion is enough to make people hate you.

Attached: 1536509651354.jpg (1234x1070, 95K)

If he hates white males dominating the video game industry why doesn't he give his job to a minority?

It's no secret that most game journalists are Californian. Most AAA devs are Californian.

We can meme and act retarded all we want but at the end of the day it's a fact that if an SJW whines about the indentity politics in your game, then it's probably a pretty good game.

Attached: eeeac18050d4e465be282c0e6705c37d--honey-frogs.jpg (236x362, 17K)

Nah I don't like reddit's format enough to care and this issue is honestly really dumb. You're all going to forget about this in a week, just like this bland as fuck game.

Dragon Quest needs to get with the times and give us a black female only protagonist.

Attached: 185724.png (1179x517, 102K)

i doubt it

This still gets posted.

He doesn't he hate white males, just the lack of creativity and obvious pandering in these safe and marketable design choices.

Daryl is a prime example of the "gruff white male".

Attached: fifth-element-masculinity.jpg (633x356, 35K)

I remember when EVERYONE was tired of the "bald white space marine man" protagonist. Suddenly then complaining about it aligned you with leftist politics (/pol/'s tribalism tactics) and now people get outraged if you don't like them.

It was a tired trope 8 years ago. It's even more tired today. It is only a recent trend to be antagonistic towards ideas of diversity becuase the resurgence of certain unmentionable groups.

It's just your usual painfully generic third person open world shooter with vehicles and perks

R E N T F R E E

>the most incompetent videogame review site now starts to hire literal SJW

Who would have seen that coming

Yeah he does if his constant retweeting about black history month and even crazier wife are any indications.

you're not allowed to criticize (even fictional) white people in any way

I'd like to hear what a person of color thinks about it, there are too many opinions from white males in the industry.

Part of that initial bald trend was because of how much easier it was to do compared to making good looking hair, but that's honestly an excuse to handwave low effort protagonists. Yea Forums was shitting on this game's bland protag long before this IGN article.

Man, I don't even know who's being an ironic shitposter anymore.

Even jj jumped on the bandwagon
indiewire.com/2018/02/jj-abrams-star-wars-last-jedi-women-1201929593/

Hatred wasn't that great, Kingdom Come was alright, and FFXV was bad. Apex is good though.

It WAS a tired trope, it isn't anymore and not for the right reasons but because people are trying to push for anti-white propaganda rather than making interesting characters.

Why are you making stuff up to defend an IGN reviewer?

Are you mentally ill?

except this prog isn't the bald space marine man, he's just a dude in a biker gang

We got a ton of 8ch refugees thanks to the THQ shit.

Attached: cripplecucks.png (974x748, 174K)

Actually white people are quite fed up with not being allowed to have a home country while all the shitskins destroy their land at the behest of a tyrannical anti-free-speech government.

Attached: Yellow-vests-800x450.jpg (800x450, 122K)

You obviously didn't pay attention to Disney itself pushing for the muh soggy knees narrative, hollywood somehow manages to be worse than games when it comes to progreshittery.

If he made this comment like 8 or 7 years ago, nobody would have batted an eye. Because it's true, most shooting game protagonists use the same fucking archetype and have similar designs

Nice history revisionism, you shill faggots really like using this tactic

I'm glad Japan weeb games don't give a fuck about this retards
Reviewer seems like a cuck. Protagonist seems fine. That statement was about "Griff white males" was unnecessary. Generic protagonist would be enough. Besides we get alot of generic female protagonist now too but no mainstream journos say anything about that do they

Better than another battle royale or hero battle arena

It isn't 8 years ago, anti-white propaganda and nigger protagonists are standard now.

It's not. Being supportive of black history month during black history month doesn't mean you hate white people. At worst it's white guilt and virtue signalling.

Saying he hates white males and wants to exterminate them is schizophrenia and a paranoid delusion.

Well not today they don’t
So yeah he’s wrong

>bald space marine man
ftfy
Nobody fucking gave a damn shit about the skincolor of the mc. The problem was that they all acted the same, had the same background and same characteristics with what little they had t obegin with
But since historic revisionismis is one of your prime disciplines I'm not even suprised that you're trying it.

You guys chimp out about every nigger protagonist, though

Attached: 1534182896273.png (1000x1050, 879K)

Ahahahah kill yourself shill

> While I’ll admit that I initially rolled my eyes at yet another Gruff White Male Protagonist™ in a grim world - especially one with such a Gruff White Male Protagonist™-ey name as Deacon St. John - I ended up getting far more invested than I’d initially expected. I shouldn’t be surprised, I suppose - this is a first-party Sony title, and Bend is no stranger to writing around well-developed characters and games with a strong narrative focus, either.

What's the issue here???

i'm sorry i didn't like the character. try to work on the emotions this clearly creates for you, because i can't change it

>y-yeah you got a point but if I make up this fantasy situation in my head then I'm right!
jesus fuck

I don't understand why gruff is a flaw

It's basically a zombie apocalypse, I'm pretty sure if you spend a few years living in it you'll toughen the fuck up too.

Doesn't matter, clicks give engagement which in turn can be used to convince advertisers to advertise on their websites. There's literally no safe way to read those articles besides not reading them at all.

I just don’t want to play as a nigger.

>IGN in 2022

Attached: 1474982802240.jpg (738x606, 69K)

Just pushing his agenda

That E3 with the THREE same sassy afro black woman in three different games was fucking hilarious and obviously deserved getting shitposted about, what is your point? Yea Forums never complained about actually good black characters that are not just obviously there for the sake of "diversity".

There is nothing wrong with a white male character just like there is nothing wrong with a black female character. Now shut the fuck up you far left faggots.

it's not. it's just really boring.

name 5 good shooting game protags this gen

Different time, different way of thinking, just like how most people didn't complain about female characters back then, put a strong female character wasn't done to get brownie points in look at Cod or medal of honor, they had playable women in those games.

This guy's comment about a white protagonist is a product of this decade, not when generic bald space marines where overused.

>What if someone said “why is the protagonist another angry black man”?
if the generic angry black man happened so often that gamers get tired of it and make fun of the covers then yeah, it would make sense.

what did you think the answer to your question was?

How else should he act then? What kind of attitude is appropriate for the situation?

JR believes characters need to be flamboyant fags.

That's the same site and company that praise playstation last of us uncharted jewish israeli games.

Attached: 2xUX2HHt-e1551801503385-640x400.jpg (640x400, 82K)

>>make a harmless but somewhat controversial statemente
Yeah, because those statements totally weren't made precisely because they knew that retards would be seething at them, which in turns makes these usefull idiots go in every corner of the internet and talk about the article, feeding it lots and lots of marketing and earning those sweet clicks, amirite?

I'm still laughing at the fact that Yea Forums somehow hasn't noticed that Anitta Sarkeesian would have been a literal nobody had they not given her any attention whatsoever. But no, let's make sure to talk about these people all day long. Make sure their names are etched into the very brain of everyone. That will teach them!

>I'm glad Japan weeb games don't give a fuck about this retards

In that thread they said
>It's sad Japan doesn't listen to us EVER. Especially about Dragon Quest

people even get offended by colors. Bullshit even green bubbles made a meme.

FUCK WHITIES

But when was the last one?

Can you gafugees fuck off to resetera? You glow.

Why are you so dishonest? It’s pathetic.

i dunno. i'm not a creative writer. neither are whoever came up with this. i'm sorry of this view offends you.

Overwatch alone has 30.

OHNONONONO THE HACKER Yea Forums STRIKES AGAIN!

Attached: FF507C40-21E8-472F-B115-576E534D8FDC.jpg (750x499, 179K)

>clicks
>IGN
>Preview of sony's big exclusive
They do not need this tactics in that case. It was just his own agenda.

I've been here since the election newbie.

Yeah fuck civilization

>filmmaker J.J. Abrams is unbothered by the recent backlash to the diversity of “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.” Asked by IndieWire about pushback from “Star Wars” fans who decried Rian Johnson’s film for its focus on more female-centric stories (bolstered by the edition of franchise newbies like Laura Dern and Kelly Marie Tran), Abrams was clear: “Their problem isn’t ‘Star Wars,’ their problem is being threatened.”
They were talking about the backlash against the diversity specifically. Did you read it?

You got any sources? This is like when Yea Forums insisted Zoe slept for reviews despite never seeing the reviews themselves. It keeps happening with movies where the social justice angle is played up for virtue signalling and clicks, but it's never as drastic as they claim, they just let their feelings become facts.

>easily debunkble
>coming from a leftist
Hah the fucking irony

She's going to do it again and history is going to repeat itself.

Attached: IT HAPPENED AGAIN.png (730x572, 415K)

You're not offending me at all lol, it's a discussion. If you think something is 'boring' and fail explain exactly why then frankly your critical thinking skills are lacking. Complaining for the sake of complaining without any solution is exactly the problem.

You know that guy posts here,that's why telling trannies/SJW to fuck off is always a positive thing.

Attached: FUCKING WHITE MALES.png (589x707, 107K)

non story game

>Queer
Nobody cares.

He could get IGN into trouble with Sony's marketing department if someone brought this little hiccup up with them. In say, an email.

If white males are the problem why do they keep trying to change Japanese games too?

>Complaining for the sake of complaining without any solution is exactly the problem.
Sounds like this thread

Good they should make games for they're own demographic instead of pandering to retard burgers
You're the newfag retard
Let me guess r/PS4 or r/gamingcirclejerk

i've seen that character in that situation a thousand times. that makes him and his game boring.

Are you a discord tranny trying to make me look more right?

rent free

Game informer used to avoid the political stuff but they started to dip their toes into the click bait virtue signaling stuff and I dropped it.
it got really agreessive when they hired that imran khan dude.

>No one talked about her

Rubbish, she was already getting positive press in the Guardian and other mainstream papers prior to that.

>Yea Forums isn't going to flip out about Anita talking about queer tropes in gaming
How fucking new are you

The "backlash" was just because the film was directionless shit. Obviously autists take it too far though.

Jesus, these people are legit mentally ill.

Why are leftists so completely batshit insane delusional weird and just not normal? What is wrong with them

He clearly doesn't care about that. Besides, he said game was good.
Just white male stuff... really grind his gears.

Lefties have no problem with running anything into the ground. They literally don't. Its not even on their radar. They only thing that matters is getting the endprphin rush emotional high of getting outraged at something or seeing a prominent person being destroyed.

The answer is obvious. Why are you asking

>Goldstein
Goddamn you, pol...

How I'd love to deport these people to darkest Africa.

Attached: npc its okay.jpg (688x705, 71K)

>r/PS4
That one.
They aren't normal. That's what's wrong with them.

Attached: debait.png (580x172, 19K)

>n-no g-guyze, Yea Forums talking literally 24 hours every single day for years on end about this person d-didn't give her a-any attention!

Next you're gonna tell me that Yea Forums didn't validate her victim complex speech by constantly calling her every name on the book.

It's amazing how utterfly fucking stupid some people are.

Attached: 1535495451708.jpg (750x725, 365K)

Why should we?
We are straight and do not care about faggots. Maybe discord trannies will discuss it or something.

>history is going to repeat itself.
Yea Forums is going to overreact and misunderstand her intentionally? They're going to say that she thinks video games turn men into misogynists when she actually says the opposite.

What an ironic post.

Attached: unpleasant.png (578x212, 18K)

just kill yourself. i don't even want to know the thought process behind your subhuman posts anymore. i'm fucking sick of it. go back to where you came from and give me back old Yea Forums.
you're so brainwashed that we can't communicate anymore. it's pointless.
>REEEE TRANNY
there's your reply so don't bother.

in fact i'm the one who should fucking kill myself for even trying to save some of you gullible retards.

>we are all straight

Attached: 1536205220692.gif (207x259, 717K)

>I failed at many things but...

SJW talk about fragility when they are all beta males or mind broken women,really makes you think.

Attached: bEXseQL.jpg (2256x1848, 734K)

Attached: ultrainstinct.jpg (960x830, 119K)

>t i'm the one who should fucking kill myself
Do not worry, it is 41%.

>being so butthurt that you're digging through his twitter history
Yep nobody offended here

There's obviously credible backlash, but you can't deny some people were upset by the diversity of the cast and the female lead.

Attached: vote like my schizophrenic delusions are real.png (579x161, 18K)

If he complained about a character being black he would get instantly fired.

Stop posting, it’s embarrassing.

It's right there in you're quote, they are threatened, no they aren't, a few yahoos against it Dien t mean they have to blanket all
Even Daisy considers it sexist for her character to be called a Mary Sue.

Maybe people want to get the whole picture of the man before passing judgement.

I bet you thought Jussie Smollett was innocent at the very beginning too.

>Getting defensive about this
They're the ones complaining, the protagonist is white. Your argument would work if the protagonist was mexican or black and we were complaining about it.

White males are better than blacks. They have more IQ.

>Maybe people want to get the whole picture of the man before passing judgement.
Oh yeah people can really tell that from reading this thread

Wh*Te genocide isn't real but it should be.

Do you seriously think you’re the good guys here
You people are fucking evil and evil always loses in the end , just remember that

Switching to code blue now that the gaslighting didn't work eh?

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOO STOP TELLING THE TRUTH
>YEAAAAAHH TELL MORE LIES ABOUT WHITE PEOPLE

Stop with the doublethink tranny

Attached: 1505288332028.jpg (908x880, 90K)

Gruff male protagonist >>> everything else.
Sheploo is the pinnacle of male character design.
Fuck niggers.
Sage and hide.

>gaslighting
I like that /pol/ always adopts the stuff that they mock. Now you guys are even saying yikes.

Or digging through his twitter history.

Gaslighting has been a thing since before you were born, tranny.

>Resetera isn't saying anything
Sasuga

Says the fucking leftist just shut the fuck up already you cunt

Honestly can't wait to see what he says about Ellie in TLoU2, because she's literally the same character except a woman.

the absolute fucking state of /vpol/. we had to get here eventually

>woman
>Ellie in TLoU2
Is she? Don't just assume her gender.

I can't wait to see Yea Forums chimp out for months about lesbia-oh, wait, that already happened

It's not telling the truth, it's desperate reaching for straws to grasp at to build a ridiculous case.

WHITE MALES
RISE UP

Fuck, sorry, I mean a gender fluid character.

Attached: 1535116983238.jpg (1328x2064, 699K)

>Ironic post

Yes and no. The difference between the left and right is the left dont care if the thing they are driving crashes and burns. The right will usually adjust accordingly to the market and move towards the center.

The real irony is that unlike in the past its now the left that has become completeley intolerant of anything or anyone not like them.

No but it's typically used by feminist leaning people and in liberal circles as it comes from a story about a man controlling a woman through lies. It's like how "redpill" comes from a super diverse and progressive film made by trannies and Pepe is from a liberal hippie comic.

Attached: war never changes.png (581x127, 16K)

Look. We all know white privilege is a real thing. We all know that men can be toxic and there is a real problem with too much white men in vidya. I just think IGN and other gaming outlets need to bring this to developers and THEN open up to actual gamers and have it become a teachable moment in a setting that doesnt sound preachy. I think this is what a lot of people itt are trying to say

Attached: 2E548A36-ABC9-4DA8-B8B1-4156C9AE9BBC.jpg (1000x751, 89K)

Is this the race politicfag containment thread?

So? It's an accurate gender- and politically-neutral term, you're just reinforcing the fact that people here aren't blindly tribalistic.

Attached: 123256267374.jpg (480x360, 54K)

I found the worst tweet, guys.

Attached: 6516.png (405x246, 13K)

>The real irony is that unlike in the past its now the left that has become completeley intolerant of anything or anyone not like them.
Yea Forums isn't mostly left, though.

if white privilege were a real thing none of them would be living in poverty

>Sony has just set the bar so high that of course some games won’t reach it

Christ what a bunch of insufferable twats. The people here who say this shit are mostly joking, but this was genuine.

So encourage others not to get so triggered over typical liberal language because soon straight white males on the right are going to be unironically complaining about "microaggressions".

Sco-fi authors have it just as bad as videogames if not worse.

>Indie Sci-Fi Authors Are Upending Traditional Publishing, And It’s Turned Into A Wat

>As mainstream sci-fi publishing has gotten more and more political, writers have discovered there's a huge market for apolitical, independent books.

thefederalist.com/2019/03/04/indie-sci-fi-authors-upending-traditional-publishing-turned-war/

Attached: it's literally ww2 happening guys.png (575x628, 311K)

We had enough niggers

Why would I encourage people to ignore political propaganda in what should be about videogames? Are you just retarded or trying to manipulate me into accepting your overton window shift? How does your post even make sense in this reply chain since you're the one who got triggered over the term.

>thefederalist
Thread is approaching maximum cringe

Attached: the firing rises.png (579x633, 549K)

>you're just reinforcing the fact that people here aren't blindly tribalistic.
Thanks for the laugh mate

Attached: 1533844201381.jpg (184x184, 9K)

That's not what white privilege is. White privilege is being homeless and still being better off than a black homeless man because more people trust you. With studies and stats stacked against black people, whites are more preferable. I even heard that humans are just naturally attracted to white features. There is white privilege beyond the concept of whites benefiting the most from racism.

Attached: coolmmunism.png (576x584, 412K)

This. Threads like this are when /pol/tards come out of the works. If people didnt give these shit articles in the first place they would never get attention; people just want something to get mad about

Attached: D4137679-5603-4C00-A7F2-59EDCAB91A3E.jpg (750x482, 37K)

>oppressing free BLACK speech

Uh does she know how her movement works

Have you been spending 30 minutes going through this guy's twitter?

1/48 of your day was spent on that?

Don’t buy the game then nigger

The article is an official feature and got a video so it isn't obscure at all.

What's the end goal of SJW?

Attached: 1475437034070.jpg (1440x2606, 1.1M)

You keeping tabs on him posting this shit makes you equally as pathetic.

I'm not just looking at the tweets, I'm shitposting too.

Gee, I wonder why...

Attached: ts.png (560x798, 712K)

I haven't been in the thread for 30 minutes, I've been here for like 7. What a dumb fuck you are. Its a shit thread though, you've got that right.

By now I honestly think that they don't know it themselves. It's alwyys just a race for the next thing to be offended about and demand it to change, no matter the consequences.

Funny how the thread started off with "IT'S NOT POLITICAL" to "YEAH HIS WIFE IS INSANE BUT HE ISN'T to "WOW STOP LOOKING AT WHAT HE POSTED WTF YOU'RE DESTROYING MY NARRATIVE"

And how long you sit in this thread?
You have no life either? Oh wait...

>keeping tabs open
>not using thread watcher
Just arrived from retardera or tumblr?

How am I the dumb fuck if I'm not the one keeping tabs on someone posting shit I don't like? lmao

>expecting newfags offended about identity politics to know about anything
These people are probably on their fucking phones

>everyone used to bitch about the middle aged white guy protagonist
>now everyone wants more of them
WOOOOOOOW

Not literal tabs, retard.

Code white

>I'm still laughing at the fact that Yea Forums somehow hasn't noticed that Anitta Sarkeesian would have been a literal nobody had they not given her any attention whatsoever.
Dude, she and people who liked her spammed her shit here every 2 hours from the moment her kickstarter went up. The 'outrage' here was people getting annoyed that people were spamming this board more than any other company that shilled here.

I am literally in the middle of a book about viral marketing and it explains scientifically the reason behind all the clickbaity tactics used by meb users.

They don't name names in the book but it's obvious why cancerous shit dumpsters like Polygon and Gawker media peddle putrage.

The funny thing is that whole it will definitely generate more traffic and re-shares it doesn't necessarily lead to more sales when you piss off and alienate the customer.

It isn't just clickbait, the white male author truly believes white males are nazis that shouldn't be in videogames.

Source?

Attached: sick.gif (300x239, 122K)

Remember when we made fun of every western game having Duff Mc Gruff the protagonist?
Now people get mad if he isn't the protagonist.

Attached: 1548042808151.jpg (492x449, 48K)

See the tweets plastered around this thread and his wife.

Back then it was because we wanted more generic white male protags with blonde hair, not just black/brown. People misunderstood and thought it meant we wanted video games blacked and feminized.

Yea Forums still doesn't like shitty generic protagonists, that doesn't excuse IGN from their anti-white political propaganda.

IGN has a white person problem. Legitimately. I need someone to find exactly three black people employed by IGN.

If you're going to inject politics into your video game journalism (lol), don't make it come from white people.

>multiple times shown and explained that that isn't the case
>retard still tries to frame it as such
Yeah, it's tiresome to explain the same shit over and over and over again to you idiots.

It's a californian problem, women and niggers aren't any more sane when it comes to politics.

>Tim "My beanie is a source of my power" Pool

Attached: resetera.png (792x691, 299K)

The MC isn't a bald space marine.

Hey mang at least the comments on their page are wholly against them for it. I'm amazed they even let comments up still.

Attached: 1480830036946.jpg (238x207, 9K)

Dude, it's all the same thing. It doesnt matter if he believes it or not. IGN or whatever will still push it because triggers bring eyeballs, re-tweets and re-shares. People are literally hard wired to do it.

She isn't saying he says white males are nazis that shouldn't be in videogames.

So its fine if somebody makes racial bait against whites for clicks but what would happen if somebody targeted minorities?

>It doesnt matter if he believes it or not
It very much does, no person would ever push for racial propaganda in a site about videogames just for clicks if they weren't personally engaged in such propaganda.

>Remember when we made fun of every western game having Duff Mc Gruff the protagonist?
>we
lel

Attached: betterthanamericanlatenight.png (1276x655, 1.14M)

Gruff McMilitary was always just a poor imitation of the Doomguy. If you're going to have a character who unapologetically shreds every living thing in their path you might as well go all the way and make him a psychopath. At least that's more fun

Calling out a protagonist for being black would generate 100x more clicks, why don't they do that?

Maybe in the next game he'll have a mohawk. Now that would really shake things up!

>IGN or whatever will still push it
You are retard.
It is preview article about upcoming big game. It doesn't have clickbait title and doesn't need to be it. Because - It is preview article about upcoming big game.
But author still inserted his agenda into it.

because there are no black protagonists in vidya

Regardless of which gender is underpaid, this wouldn't be such a frequent issue if STEM Majors werent all pushovers over the chance to get their "dream job"

>Fuck generic bimbo white girl
Me first.

/thread

That's actually a good point. The entire southern half of that state is completely diseased.

Gee you wonder why there's white privilege? Yes there's obvious black issues, but even recognizing that helps you recognize what privilege is.

fuck off back to resetera

...like how are you going to fight it when the online media can literally make more money by stirring left-wing outrage.

You are not going to be able to drown it out on the web because its not economically feasable for web outlets to let you do it. Really the only weapon you have is to not by end-products that push all the political bullshit.

>IGN or whatever will still push it because triggers bring eyeballs
If it was just cynical marketing it wouldn't be so politically unidirectional. Face the truth: they do it because they're all Bay area Californians who all unironically believe what they're spouting.

White privilege 100% does not exist.

Dishonored DOTO, TWD, prototype 2, just off the top of my head.

White privilege isn't real. Do you want to know what is actual privilege? Affirmative Action and the Rooney Rule in the NFL. Written and legal examples of privilege.

so ign hates white people? that's not a smart thing to do.

You are a fucking tool if you don't think that little snippet wasn't by design.

It's the standard californian fare, NOT hating white males would get them blacklisted from all industries there.

It was intentional, but only because author is leftist who hates DRUMPF and white men.

Did he marry an anti-white lunatic and constantly talked about "white nazis" on twitter just to create this persona and put that little snippet there for clicks or does he truly believe what he's saying? What's more likely?

I think they're trying to reverse psych us into buying this walking simulator, not happening though

Yes, the writer designed the phrase to put express the vile contempt he has for whites

We generally archive the site so they don't get clickthrough traffic, but it's nice to know you're new here.

Attached: honk.gif (112x112, 22K)

Like, UGH

Attached: ign.jpg (1080x1620, 173K)

Yeah lots of archives in this thread, people aren't directly linking to stuff at all

Imagine if they said that about a black or Muslim protagonist (ye, I know Islam is a religion not a race)

But then again, these people believe that white people are SO powerful that only they allow what happens, so anything said against is incapable of being racist due to this power.

What a bunch of self castrated cucks

That is why I stated the absolute irony of the fact that the left has now become the side of intolerance.

You cannot be neutral. You are either with them or you are blacklisted

Fuck no, it's just a more polished State of Decay.

This whole reply chain doesn't make sense.

>Yet another zombie game

That is the only part that's true the rest you made up, faggot

Attached: 4d1.png (458x438, 250K)

Nah, this one looks much better

You are still not getting it. He may have vile contempt for whites. But he has a job because vile contempt for whites is what sells online.

>But he has a job because vile contempt for whites is what sells online.

thousands of online media layoffs in the last month say otherwise

Don't use your white privilege to impose your opinions on me

Yes we know corporate-enforced anti-white propaganda is real, truly neutral people that don't hate whites simply don't mention it at all to survive in the industry but JR is clearly not the case.

What part doesn't make sense?

Stop projecting 2016 faggot

>gafugees somehow trying to rewrite history and pretend that Yea Forums made fun of generic protagonists because Yea Forums was anti-white
what the fuck are you even trying to do

>vile contempt for whites is what sells online.
It is actually not.

Yea Forums is anti west

Being anti-generic shooter protagonist isn't being anti-white.

Yes, that's the point. Tell that to the trannies here.

left is too dumb and lazy to fix capitalism so they're wasting time on meaningless shit like political correctness and gender politics. and they will fail at that.

IGN isn't saying it hates white people.
You won't get blacklisted for not hating white males.
The last post and how it relates to the post it replies to and the baseless grandstanding. It's like watching paranoid schizoids converse.

If he was black but exactly the same character, would it still be generic?

Online media and clickbait articles are not always the same thing.

Some of these left wing morons actially think it's think its their retarded agenda that sells. When its actually the outrage that sells.

When they mistankly make a long form video/story about how wonderful and beutiful it is to have to guys sucking each others dicks that is when they go out of business. Nobody wants to see that shit and nobody gives a fuck.

I think they're just following the logic of OP and mocking it.

>IGN isn't saying it hates white people.
Read the thread, it clearly is saying that.

>You won't get blacklisted for not hating white males.
You won't get blacklisted for hating white males but will get blacklisted for hating non-whites or women, see the unbalance here?

Think again, retard.

How many gruff black shooter protagonists are there?

>Read the thread, it clearly is saying that.
You're nuts, my man

yep, and the to tell you the truth. would make the game less marketable

I really miss Jon Stewart and Patrice O'Neal

Not enough!

It's obvious the subject is too subtle for you to grasp. Maybe when you are older kid.

Gaslighting won't work bud

>he thinks they didn't just want more protags with big titties or weird anime shit

>code white

I think your misconceptions could be cleared up by helping you recognize the difference between "ugh another white male protagonist" and "ugh a black female protagonist". One is a response to something normalized, something we've seen before, know it work, and is already established to be safe and marketable and the other is rarely seen in the industry. Nevermind the real world historical discrimination and prejudice that exists towards both blacks and women.

Obvious tourists

We already know the writer is an anti-white lunatic and this discussion was already closed, at least try reading the thread before trying to argue retarded tranny.

Too subtle? Are you saying they're commiting micriaggressions by pointing out how common gruff white males with guns are?

>We already know the writer is an anti-white lunatic and this discussion was already closed
Man you guys really are SJWs, huh. You even did the cliche "HE AGREES WITH ME HE'S A TRANNY" to the guy

Do you want the IGN writer fired?

>Do you want the IGN writer fired?

Attached: 1551889217511.png (579x633, 434K)

You're ticking all boxes here , are you even trying?

All I'm seeing is that I'm supposed to believe he's an anti-white lunatic because his wife is a liberal. It doesn't make sense and uses the same shitty logic that can be used to characterize everyone on Yea Forums as nazi pedo bronies.

So that's a yes?

It means you are leftists retard.

You can't even form a coherent sentence.

>complicit in the injustices women face in the work place

you mean the injustice in how millennial women are over-employed and earn more than their male peers in the workplace?

Do you think an user posting here saying they don't like "that nigger obama" means he isn't racist? How is that different from a person constantly posting about those damn white male nazis on his personal twitter?

what do you know, rightards reject rationality for a combination of wishful thinking and outright fabrication.

What are you even saying?

What is it you want from this whole thing? An apology? A retraction? A firing? Because all this noise is doing is just generating traffic for the article.

I thought that Yea Forums shitposting about race was all just goofing off. Are you saying everyone on Yea Forums is being serious and that people here are legitimately racist and sexist?

Everyone sane wants political propaganda out of VIDEOGAME NEWS OUTLETS, but you are ok with it because you agree with it which makes you glow really hard and show how biased you are.