Just tried to play the original Deus Ex. THIS GAME FUCKING B L O W S. The gameplay is so clunky and bad...

Just tried to play the original Deus Ex. THIS GAME FUCKING B L O W S. The gameplay is so clunky and bad. I don't why retards say it's so good.

Attached: dx1-610x457.jpg (610x457, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAp8juBte0
youtube.com/watch?v=YaZcxZRwbL4
youtu.be/SWqng9TnZOY?t=181
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 1488523812956.jpg (650x402, 58K)

It's good though, stop baiting. If you want your bait to work take your own screenshot instead of posting an IGN watermarked screenshot you fucking bish.

zib zib zib

Attached: 1549650729149.jpg (704x998, 149K)

Boomers like shit gameplay.
People nonironically Think shit like m&b has good combat.

the fuck does this ave to do with anything you absolute mong?

widdle tee pee wim wam

Attached: 1549004000610.jpg (989x1109, 191K)

>game doesn't play like every other game you've already played
>"it's clunky"
just take some time to get used to it, most games like this stop feeling clunky once you get used to it.

No, it's fucking shit. I hate it

Yikes

YEEEO FLIBDY SKIBDY HOHOHO

Attached: 1549801331447.jpg (493x637, 88K)

It's unironically zoomer faggot
First learn to spell and articulate words first
Then you can bitch about boomers

I agree. It's unintuitive and clunky as shit. Dropped it 2 levels in.
t.26yo Quake Doomer

Attached: 1545713319841.jpg (1111x186, 41K)

Then don't play it faggot no one cares of you don't play it

Not that I disagree op, fuck the cyberpunk genre as a whole, lazy trite observational horror when you could just as easily look out the window and experience the same piece of shit society. I think at the time it came out it was hot shit because first person role playing games were still fresh and new. but nowadays you can piss out a window and hit one. It's not special therefore standards are high. What amuses me about this is no matter what type of first person rpg it is, it will always travel in the same vein of shit as all the rest, meaning that there will never be anything cool and unique. about the genre. Just like cyberpunk.

normie tier deus ex build;

-max pistols

that's it. it feels 'clunky' to you because of the crosshair. high skill will make it shrink faster. there you go buddy, shoot your way to the end

Attached: zoom-zoom-zoom-small.jpg (250x249, 14K)

>fuck the cyberpunk genre as a whole
Chotto matte

Its shit but then again all games made before 2005 are clunky ugly horseshit

not really, but Deus Ex is.
in fact I'd argue 1998-2007 was peak vidja.

>tried
That's all you worthless zoomers will ever do, because you were born too late to enjoy actually good games, time to fuck off back to your pleb containment games

Attached: 81dUNwKa3+L.jpg (1501x1916, 288K)

OLD GAME BAD

Attached: 261534746573568.jpg (1024x521, 43K)

I just tried to sail with a sailboat and it's fucking SLOW
Why the fuck did people used sailboats 300 years ago, steam powered, or diesel powered boadts are way bigger and faster
I'm also unable to understand what kind of charm has using a sailboat nowdays, as if it was nostalgic, romantic and more intimate.

Attached: 1548274909190.jpg (400x396, 28K)

OH YEAH YEAH

Attached: https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F53c4575fa3f97a8d4b18d69a600afaf0.900x900x1.jpg (220x220, 5K)

what a shame

why do people still use fireplaces? get a boiler moron

go back to RE2make zoom zoomer

So you're saying Deus Ex is objectively inferior to modern games and people only defend it because of nostalgia or trying to look cool to other people

Never played Deus Ex

How hard is it?

no a 2000 game is superior to 2019 game. just like pong was superior to metal gear solid.

Imagine if every ignorant zoomer that made this image their profile pic and spammed nonsensical youtube comments actually PLAYED Deus Ex. Imagine how much the youtube community would improve from that tiny change alone.

What a shame JC is being lumped in with this retarded spam.

Not very unless your a complete retard and max swimming or something

Not very hard at all

peak zoom zooms

some zoomers should be eradicated and the generation restarted desu

Do i have to remember EVERY SINGLE conversation?

Yes or you won't be able to spam any of the quotes in a dude sex thread

it's a game about having freedom, it's as hard or easy as you want it to be. you can kill everyone easily or sneak past like a ghost

oh yeah yeah

youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAp8juBte0
Just this one and not just for Deus Ex

no you don't have to remember literally anything, all pertinent info (conversation logs included) are in the menu to re-read. also there's like 5 ways to solve every problem, don't have a code? blow the fucking safe door off with a bomb. guards will hear though

should I play mankind divided or is it irredeemable trash

Attached: 1543423460516.jpg (2000x1087, 442K)

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

nostalgia goggles off

>tfw having a comfy day playing Deus Ex, VTMB and STALKER

Attached: 2342325.png (503x510, 177K)

>wtf theres not even a br mode this game blows

The fuckin baton doesn't even kill in one hit lmao

I'm a boomer. I like Human Revolution the best.

The original was a great game, though. If you're a zoomer you're going to need to give it plenty of time. You will come to appreciate everything about it and enjoy the gameplay.

It's an instant knockout if you hit the base of the spine

Next you should play Arcanum or Planescape not even trolling

>couldn't get past the turret

Imagine being triggered on the internet

i know its so boody retarded god i loate this game SO MUCH

wew lad

No, he's saying that just because new cars are superior to old cars in general, doesn't mean that any random new car is better than the few legendary old cars that people still care about today.

OP is the kind of fag that would throw a priceless antique in the trash just because he didn't take the time to understand how well crafted it is.

why are they shitty as well?

HR and MD have way better aesthetics but still don't match the original in terms of sheer freedom, choice, and unexpected solutions.

have fun collecting dust and rotting material becuz of muh nostalgia lmao

Even more so, but I played Deus Ex when it came out and loved it so I'm biased

have fun finding any vidya to play

>don't match the original in terms of sheer freedom, choice, and unexpected solutions
OHNONONONONONONO

Just sneak around back and climb the shipping crates
I had to restart this game several times before I acclimated to the jank, but once you do it's bretty gud

I absolutely agree. I just prefer HR. I loved Adam, the gameplay, the music and aesthetics. Even though I played the original after HR, I could clearly see how great the original was as a video game.

MD was pretty cancer, though.

Have fun trying to find a new game that offers what the OG Deus Ex uniquely offers.

MD is just the policeman DLC to HR. It's not bad, just has barely enough to justify itself being a proper sequel.

MD is practically the same shit as HR

Attached: 1547387101539.jpg (208x241, 14K)

>I'm a boomer. I like Human Revolution the best.

>incredibly slow movement speed
>clunky iron sights aiming
>regenerating health and regenerating bio-energy
>sticky cover system
>tedious 3rd person transitions for every little interaction
>no melee combat system
>no swimming
>simplistic pac-man stealth where you hide behind boxes and you don't even have to take any risks because a magical radar shows you were all the enemies are
>augmentations and takedowns play a cutscene which is about as conducive to the flow of gameplay as having a cat jump on the keyboard

HR is much more dated, and much more of a product of its time than Deus Ex. It simply isn't very fun to play.

And I haven't even talked about augmentations, items and weapon variety. In the original DX every type of grenade had a secondary use as a proximity mine. This is missing in HR. Deus Ex had exotic weapons like throwing knives and pepper spray, again, missing in HR. Deus Ex had lots of melee weapons, again, missing in HR. HR doesn't even have a flame thrower. Its weapon arsenal is incredibly anemic.
Deus Ex had some very unique augmentations like Agressive Defense, which essentially made rockets fired on your enemy rebound on them. Or the spy Drone, which could be used both for scouting as well as to generate an EMP explosion. HR's augmentations by contrast are incredibly boring consisting either of banal stat boosts or incredibly stupid takedowns. Why the fuck does there need to be a cutscene everytime I use Typhoon or Landing System, completely interrupting the flow of gameplay?

Attached: 1548857191441.png (512x512, 117K)

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=YaZcxZRwbL4

Attached: Zoom_Featured_Image_250_250[1].png (250x250, 8K)

deus ex thread

Attached: 1364150502017.gif (300x225, 2.98M)

not hard, just keep to a build and pay attention.

just mount laser sight on a pistol and the game becomes point and click adventure

play it. overall it's good. it would have been better than HR, but there are some things it dropped the ball on a bit.

Just go watch a playthrough it's not like you play any actual vidya.

I hope we get a gaming crash soon because you faggots have such shit taste. At least that'll allow people who actually like vidya to get through their backlogs.

Let’s say for the sake of argument that it looked better and controlled better. Would it be good? Writing/premise/presentation etc.?

NUMBER ONE

>In the original DX every type of grenade had a secondary use as a proximity mine. This is missing in HR
Play HR again, you dumb fuck because that's actually there.
>muh exotic weapons

Mankind Divided is the closest that the franchise has ever gotten to Spector's original vision of Deus Ex. "I don't want to create a giant world with nothing in it. I want to simulate a single city block."

I found the game great and must've played it for the first time in 2010.
Hey OP it's your loss, nobody else gives a shit about your subjective tastes.

Why are zoomers 2 standard deviations lower in IQ from the former generations?

Zoomers are less likely to be white, statistically speaking.

THAT'S TERROR

THATS TERROR

>Play HR again, you dumb fuck because that's actually there.
In an extremely limited form. In the original DX, you could freely use a grenade as a mine at any time, allowing for much more flexibility in gameplay.

NUMBER TWO

Guess what. HR is set 25 years before the original Deus Ex, stupid.

who the fuck cares? we're talking about mechanics here

I was thinking "yeah what's the problem, I played it for the first time in 2010 and it held up", but fuck even a 9 year old game is probably too "dated" for younger people.

youtu.be/SWqng9TnZOY?t=181

deus ex gotyay

I agree. Gameplay is shit. Other aspects of the game can be really good, but the gameplay is still pretty bad.

And you think mechanics, design and storytelling are not related? OHNONONO

>game plays like shit
>"JUST DOWNLOAD MODS, BRO"
Any games with this aesthetic?

Attached: IMG_2946.png (700x406, 564K)

>Guess what. HR is set 25 years before the original Deus Ex, stupid.
Yet somehow everything is much more advanced.

In the original DX, you only see handful of extremely clunky mechanically augmented people, all of which are military operatives or criminals.

In Human Revolution, even bums and prostitutes are somehow rocking billion-dollar augmentations.

THAT'S TERROR

How is the gameplay clunky?

>I didn't play MD

The aesthetics in HR and MD are sub par to those in Deus Ex and don't work in the DE context.

>playing Dude Sex: Content Divided

Attached: 2334145155.jpg (600x600, 44K)

>The aesthetics in HR and MD are sub par to those in Deus Ex
Fuck this board

I actually hated the game when it first came out because I was a young boy and didn't understand that you couldn't just play it like Quake.

I played through it for the first time in 2009 and loved the living shit out of it.

Mankind Divded was cut short, sure, but the content that was in the game was fantastic. Easily better than HR.

If you got the game at launch then I can understand being disappointed but now that the game is ~$15 and regularly goes on sale there's no excuse for a fan of HR not to play it.

>I actually hated the game when it first came out because I was a young boy and didn't understand that you couldn't just play it like Quake.
You can play it like Quake though. Unlike modern shooters, strafing in DX does not slow down your movement speed, nor is there something like iron sights that reduces your movement like a crawl. If you max out weapon skills, your accuracy is the same as any normal fps.

I can't even be sure if you're just an edgy baiting contrarian or not. It's entirely believable that kids these days will simply not understand or have the patience for a game like the original Deus Ex.

>>I didn't play MD
How does that help your argument? MD has the same issue I described, with everyone and their mother being augmented.

>It's entirely believable that kids these days will simply not understand or have the patience for a game like the original Deus Ex
Is this the new Rick and Morty copypasta?

The whole point of MD is that augs are being legislated to death. It makes sense that the only augs left are criminals or government agents 20 years later.

>The whole point of MD is that augs are being legislated to death. It makes sense that the only augs left are criminals or government agents 20 years later.
That makes no sense. In the original DX, there was no stigma against augmented people. There is one running a bar in New York (she was a former Unatco military operative) and no one bats an eye at this. There was never an 'aug controversy' in the original DX: this is retcon invented wholesale by HR and MD.

And it's mindboggingly stupid on so many levels:

>someone presses a button to remotely take control of augmented people augmentations and force them to kill tons of people
>this is somehow the fault of the augmented people, who are exiled to ghettos, and not the fault of the manufacturer who deliberately programmed those augmentations such that someone could press a button to remotely take control of augmented people augmentations and force them to kill tons of people

Not that there is any shortage of such stupidity in HR/MD:

>prostitutes have their limbs chopped off and replaced with cybernetic parts to cater to a very specific fetish
>they pay millions for this operation and millions for the anti-rejection drug that they will have to take for the rest of their lives
>they do this despite aging in a few years to the point that they will no longer be able to make a living as a prostitute
>we are expected to take this seriously

>Deus Ex has characters making fun of JC wearing a trenchoat and sunglasses at night (even though there is actually an in-universe explanation for why he wears them)
>Deus Ex: Human Revolution has Jensen wearing a trenchcoat and going so far as to graft mechanical sunglasses into his skull. On top of that, he is voiced by an actor with a voice so gravelly you wonder if he has throat cancer.
>We are expected to take Jensen seriously as a character

Attached: 1551017810907.png (558x614, 29K)

reinstalling

Attached: 1263221789969.jpg (475x360, 38K)

I unironically felt this way the first time I tried it.
By the time you've beaten a couple of levels, you'll be completely hooked to the flow of its story and gameplay variety.

>not the fault of the manufacturer who deliberately programmed those augmentations such that someone could press a button to remotely take control of augmented people augmentations and force them to kill tons of people
The public doens't know about that. They only saw augmented people going crazy, that's it.

>the public doens't know about that. They only saw augmented people going crazy, that's it.
Nonsense. Even the most cursory examination would reveal that someone remotely controlled those augmentations.

I thought the reason why people with augs were "hijacked" and set to murder mode was because of a free praxis upgrade that was actually a botnet. Before that upgrade none of the augs had any wireless functionality.

what does this even mean? he looks where you move the mouse. click and he shoot. smooth as any other FPS really. I bet you didn't even put points in swimming.

what a shame

Guess what? When the Illuminati control the media the narrative tends to get warped

Jensen's sunglasses are supposed to hide his tears for when he thinks about his gf

You cant play a game from 2000 in 2019 and expect to get it. If you werent a teenager in 2000 you wouldnt understand how great deus ex was for its time.

A good game must be good at all times,if it isn't then it isn't a good game in the first place

holy fuck look at this casual ahahahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
MY POWER GROWS

>A FUCKING BOAT ANALOGY

I quit halfway through.
I might beat it one day but yea I don't understand the love for this game.
You just crouch around tagging people with a blue dildo, and even though it's annoying it's much more annoying to play any other way since tranqs make the enemy run around like a headless chicken alerting everyone in the vicinity.
Also I expected some cooler conspiracy theories like aliens and shit.

Attached: stop.jpg (229x220, 7K)

To be fair, Deus Ex was somewhat polarizing even in it's day because, believe it or not, even by 2000 standards it doesn't play that well.

why do so many fucking kids use this as their youtube pic?

Even then people called it awkward to play and ugly and more resource-intense than it had right to be for the time.

some fortnite streamer made it an epic meme

>you live in a reality where deus ex may very well be considered retrofuturism

you guys are both niggers, DX mechanical augs are on their way out, and cybernetic/nano augs are replacing them. HR does have inconsistency in the amount of people having augs, but it still relatively fits, and DX has way better gameplay mechanics.

He probably means that he can't just turn off his brains and shoot everything on sight.

>Deus Ex is a big brain game, you wouldn't understand

>deus ex makes you smarter
>videogames can make you smarter
LMFAOTBQH

Attached: 1551278912942.jpg (2048x1536, 942K)

It's not but it's still very different from Doom and Quake since not litterally every living thing you encounter is shooting you on sight.

Attached: 936.jpg (625x626, 33K)

>Hey, remember all those augmented people who killed a LOT of people?
>Oh yeah, what should be done with them? Should we keep them separated from the normal populace?
>Pfffft, nah, I can't imagine it'll happen again - it'll be fiiiiiiine.

This is you.

But they are aliens

And you can Kill ennemies you know

t. Some little scrub who never played educational shit like og Carmen sandiego, Mavis beacon typing games, or mixed up mother goose.
You know, there are other games than just fortnite and minecraft. Ones that require lateral thinking, or teach things to the player that are transferable.
I'd say, yeah. Those games CAN make people smarter.

It still has shit like scripted takedowns, Warren Spector said that if something's cool, let the player do it.