Is this worth it at less than $50 if I am planning on hacking it

Is this worth it at less than $50 if I am planning on hacking it

Attached: 43797264470_df5dd84db5_b-800x445.jpg (800x445, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vsrecommendedgames.fandom.com/wiki/PlayStation_3#The_list
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get 'em on PC for free.

Naa

If you're just gonna hack it buy a fucking raspberry pi instead.

Attached: 1506810254886.jpg (3300x1600, 1.2M)

It will be in the clearance bin for 30$ before august

I've been thinking of just building one myself. For N64/PS1/GBC/GBA roms. Would also add GC and PS2 but those are iso's which is programming beyond my frame of knowledge.

Just get it. It's a funny conversation-starter about Sony's failure.

>paying for an emulator

So I know you switch to NTSC mode through the developer menu, but those games tend to crash when you do, right?
Has anyone replaced the emulator to a better running one yet?

Why is raspberry pi of all things always recommended as the alternative? Use the laptop or PC you already have for better results.

Probably if you don't have ps1 or ps3.

Because it's compact and if you have a certain amount of autism points you can turn it into some compact shitty little emulator or something. Idk, my autistic coder friends seems to love the thing.

Would the playstation classic play the medievil games ok if I modded them on to it? I heard it had frame rate issues.

Yes it might be fine but use a different emulator. The stock one would likely run worse

What do you mean by the "stock one"? Are there multiple emulator systems on the console?

I guess there's probably worse things to spend $50 on. At least you'll get some novelty controllers out of it. You probably wont want to use them for anything since they lack analog sticks. If they had analog sticks they'd probably be worth $25 each.

See

If you hack it using BleemSync you can switch the ps1 emulator the system uses. The one Sony chose is like one of the worst.

I mean a ok prebuilt "retro pi" and a couple of ok controllers for $50 isn't bad

I lost all desire to even have it as a display item like my nes and snes classic when I heard how bad the stock emulation was

I like my systems stock and what I need to do to make it "good" would make my laptop a better machine in general, so I bought tekken 3 for the same price as the damn sales my country had for the ps classic

the paid $100 for this

Attached: 1551443701628m.jpg (684x1024, 88K)

It's not the worst it's just modified in certain ways that make it more accurate in certain places, but less efficient overall.

Putting PSXRearmed in there and running it from Retroarch it performs much better, but I believe Jumping Flash won't run, and some videos look worse.

Yeah, for 30 or 40 bucks you get an easily moddable emulation machine that has a decent case and comes with two decent controllers.

Setting it to play whatever you want is as easy as sticking in a USB drive, no programming or telnet required. After you've done that you can hook up any controllers you want, even DS4, and it works automatically.

Emulation performance is about on par with the latest Raspberry Pi (a lot of N64 and PSP games run full speed), it's easier to configure and isn't just a board so it's easier to set out.

If you REALLY REALLY want the controllers and the PS1 look then I guess. Otherwise get a raspberry pi 3B+ and case from retroflag (the snes and genesis cases are really slick)

No. Just buy one of the older slim PS3 models and put cfw on it. You could probably find one for around 80 dollars and it can play pretty much the entire PS1 library, has a decent amount of compatibility with PS2 software emulation, and of course, the PS3 library.

>PS3 library

So if we count the jp only games how many more games more did the xbox 360 had over it?

meme it up all you want but the PS3 ended up having a pretty solid library by the end of its lifespan.

What if I want to bring it over to a friend's house you retard?
Not everyone is shackled to the fucking basement like you.
And there's times a person just wants to sit in the living room playing something on the TV. Like when they have company over.

name these fucking games
i have this shit console form start and i have 7 games 5 multiplats...............
even fucking ps1 was better
PS2 > PS4 > PS1 > SHIT > NO GAMES > PS3

>What if I want to bring it over to a friend's house you retard?
Install the emulator on his computer then, it doesn't take up much space at all. The file size of the memory cards are also tiny. You could upload them to a cloud service, send them to your own email, put them on a USB or whatever you want for easy access at your friend's place.
>And there's times a person just wants to sit in the living room playing something on the TV. Like when they have company over.
It's called an HDMI cable. You have one, I have one, your friend has one, everybody has one.

solid ranking although I'd put PS1 over 4, or at least at the same level

vsrecommendedgames.fandom.com/wiki/PlayStation_3#The_list
>inb4 "b-b-but those don't count!"