Tired of Generic White Male Protagonists, seriously

Tired of Generic White Male Protagonists, seriously.

Attached: daysgone.png (1920x1080, 3.83M)

viral marketeers are forcing this game over one line of one journalist
dont fall for it

Imagine playing a generic zombie survival open world game and the one thing you pick up on as being samey is the main character's skin color.
IGN does it again!

Attached: Suda51.gif (558x356, 3.19M)

kys OP
you fucking parrot

Look at the size of that yarmulke, obviously Jewish

Exactly, they're always scraggly Italians. Why are there so few Blonde white men in vidya? It's a serious diversity issue

Attached: IMG_1661.jpg (174x234, 33K)

>people complain about generic male protags in generic shooters with generic gritty environments
>replace them with generic female protags in generic shooters with generic gritty environments

>white male protagonist
That guy is clearly Italian or Polish

This game looks generic.

that's cause it is, it even has shit like resource managment. boring generic shit

naw he's mad the MC isn't a tranny shoving the fact that they're a tranny down everyone's throat like anyone cared

Blonde white man bad. America good!

Still better than Microshit exclusives.

Attached: Capture.png (379x260, 54K)

He looks unironically generic tho. Reminds me of middle earth games.

yeah you're totally right, I bet if this soulless cinematic Sony-exclusive third person shooter where half the gameplay is crouching in foliage had a brave and stunning POC female character it'd be in the running for GOTY for sure

He looks like a mid-2000's protagonist.

Generic as fuck.

Attached: 31452162112.png (645x773, 11K)

Quick rundown pls.
I don't follow internet drama.

this whole thread is IGN shills trying to stir up a narrative.
Ignore and find better threads to partake in.

there is no quick rundown, OP's just shitposting. The only thing anyone even CAN shitpost about Days Gone with is meta stuff like this because the game itself is like a hollow gestalt-simulacrum of every unremarkable and done-to-death game design principle from the last decade

This game is hilarious to me. The idea that the developers seriously think this guy is cool and their desperate attempts to make it seem more original than it really is.

You don't seem tired of generic western games though

Attached: 1515864655023.gif (800x371, 105K)

I want a generic white guy rather than this scummy biker white trash fuck. Literally cannot be immersed playing as human garbage.

Nothing about this game makes it standout today. It's a combo of the most generic Sony exclusives.

>focus on cinematic presentation
>mature story line
>open world map marker collectathon
>not zombies
>gritty

It's like they just fused Last of us and horizon together.

Attached: 1501068534280.jpg (675x1200, 130K)

Remember, if this game fails journalists will see it as an excuse to tell developers it's because customers are tired of white male protags. Buy days gone to own the libs

Ughh...

Attached: mfw.jpg (712x388, 58K)

is it that bad to release an above average 4/5 75% B 4 stars game though
it'll be understandable if this shit is 30 or 40 bucks

Attached: 1539587914684.jpg (576x768, 91K)

Dude dude get this right it's a
dude stop dude
dude okay it's a zombie game
dude wait cmon listen this is serious
it's a zombie game dude where you
dude hold on and lemme talk dude
you - dude, you collect resources.
dude and its a dude wait it's
cmon man its a open-wait
dude it's an open WORLD
s-stop dude it's an OPEN world zombie resource collecting game
that you dude
dude that you uh shoot at zombies
yeah from, dude, you shoot at them from over the shoulder.

Not the first time it's happened

Attached: the-order-1886-boxart.png (1724x2048, 3.96M)

>75%
>above average

holy shit his dick is huge

Show me one single player open world zombie game with hordes of 200+ zombies at a time and heavy story emphasis and I’ll concede it’s generic, I’ll wait

how is that wrong sis

Attached: 2e6.jpg (2048x1536, 310K)

B-but we are totally original, we call them freakers!

A game scoring 75 is 6 points from a failed status. With todays culture an 85 would be above average in peoples eyes

actually he doesn't even look like a protag at all, he looks like a generic background character you'd sell items to or some shit.
>I like it

i dont know how the world works anymore

Attached: 313sd2.jpg (600x525, 51K)

white guys should just stick to playing as the villain.

Attached: agentliberty.png (1280x720, 514K)

It's not the combo itself it's the experiences are exactly the same as others. You experiencing a combo of them doesn't make them a new thing.

have you ever even been on metacritic?
average games get 50-60.
good games get like 65-80 and great games get 80+
One of my favorite games of all time has a 62 for christ sake's

>eat a beef, love it
>eat a slice of cheese, love it
>someone introduces you to cheeseburger, you say it’s stale shit cause it’s just meat and cheese with some bread
>complain about food analogies

makes no sense user

Ironically the fact that this dude is a straight white male with a wife is the least generic thing about the game

How long was this game in development? zombie games ain't been interesting in years.

can i also have cover shooting and generic human enemies to shoot at?

The score has no effect on whether you enjoy a game or not. But in this industries eyes especially with publishers paying more to devs for high scores, a 75 is just under average.

>this picture
right - white male protagonist
left - gaming journalism

Attached: 1533152930585.jpg (446x774, 53K)

It would work except with a cheeseburger it all goes down at once. With this it's one thing thrown at a time. So the experience is similar to other games regardless if you have them in the same game.

dr. pavel, i'm water jug

it does seem like metacritic ratings have been higher for everything in the last 8 years (82 for FFXV ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING), while older games are stagnant with their unfairly harsh scores.
but come one man, 75 under average? that's just retarded.

This wasn't a problem for the new God of War or RDR2 and now suddenly it is

Most devs have stated they prefer to get a high scoring game over one that sells more. If your ratings fail they see it as a failure in the creative sector. A 75 is just one point below average.

Attached: vga_100chart.jpg (390x587, 90K)

It is retarded. Our consumer base caused it and it spread to the marketing firms.

Attached: kj3gFME_d.jpg (640x329, 16K)

Did you get lost on your way to ResetTranny?

Kratos isn’t caucasian

I'm tired of uninspired story based zombie games.

>it'll be understandable if this shit is 30 or 40 bucks
Its $60 and you know it