Do I need to play the other DMCs to enjoy DMCV, or is it like other action games where story doesn't matter?

Do I need to play the other DMCs to enjoy DMCV, or is it like other action games where story doesn't matter?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y0jKJNXYEWg
youtube.com/watch?v=hzGVr7ecWd8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I enjoy the story, but I believe each game can be enjoyed individually without caring about the story. I also believe that DMCV will like the others also have a story that you can enjoy without having played the others. I played 4 first, and loved the story regardless of not knowing who Dante was.

I would think so. The problem is that half of the damn characters are returing ones. Trish and vergil are in DMC1. DMC 3 introduces lady and expands on vergil. DMC 4 introduces nero and why having his arm cut off is a bigass deal.

You'll have no context and none of the moments will hit you. Bro you have had over a decade since 4 was released. You did this to yourself. I mean you could skip the cutscenes I guess, but thats lame.

Attached: Hinomaru sumo ep 1.gif (444x250, 1.76M)

No. Reading Wikipedia articles will get you caught up on their paper thin stories.

I don't think you need to, but much of the story revolves around a big reunion of characters from 3 and 4.
ALL of the DMC games are iffy and have their issues, except DMC3.
You owe it to yourself to play through that game.

I'm gonna play through 3 and 4, I just can't get behind 1 and 2

Not really, I played 4>1>then 3. If you really want to know the story there are probably youtube videos that explain them or you could just watch the cutscenes. Though 3 and 4 are worth a play through.

it will certainly be more fun if you know whats up.

honestly, there's barely even a story in the first one. The 2nd one sucked so much that it's barely canon. The third one was alright. DMC4 was meh. DMC is a failed reboot that no fan wanted.

I guess there is sort of a story but it's nothing special or great. People like it for the gameplay and how overthetop Dante can be.

DMCs story is on par with a child's cartoon, so no, you'll be fine.

>I just can't get behind 1
god i love nu-fans. Cant wait for the games to get more mainstreamed and eventually ruined

fuck you NIGGER dmc1 is the best one

dmc3s story is 10/10 for the game it is.
literally cant be topped in that regard.

too many faggots here too dumb to understand that.

Eh, the camera angles are difficult and the combat feels a bit sluggish compared to later entries. Not enjoying 1 is fairly understandable.

dmc2 is the best one and best story from the ps2 games. but its not needed to play. you can pick any dmc game in any order or not play any of those

I hope you FUCKING DIE.

4 IS IF YOU HAD ABSOLUTE FUCKING DOG SHIT ON THE FUCKING GROUND THAT A FUCKING RETARD STEPPED IN THEN GOT SHOT IN THE FUCKING HEAD AND RAPED. THE SHIT ON THE COCK OF THE RAPIST THAT SHOT THE RETARD THAT STEPPED IN DOG SHIT IS DEVIL MAY CRY 4.

DMC3 has a neat story and plot backing it. You can watch this video if you don't have the time to play it:
youtube.com/watch?v=y0jKJNXYEWg

Regarding DMC4, you can watch this video to see what Nero and his arm are all about:
youtube.com/watch?v=hzGVr7ecWd8

For DMC1 and 2 you can just read the short summaries or watch the cutscenes on youtube, they are really simple and easy to get.

FUCKING PLAY THE BEST ONE THE FIRST ONE OR I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU

>he camera angles are difficult
maybe if you cant adapt, also inb4 nostalgia googles. Played them first time 3 years ago

DMC is mainstream and casual. The games have always been easy enough to mash through the first few difficulties.

Is Vergil retarded?
His pistol wont be able to eject the casing if he holds it above Dante's pistol and it will jam!

Look how he dresses and ask yourself if he's retarded.

>DMC 1, if you die you restart the whole mission
>DMC 2, lmao ill give you that
>DMC 3, First boss literally stopped most people from playing
>DMC 4: Casual
>DMC 5: Casual

Dante likes using guns.
Vergil hates Dante.
So Vergil doesn't use guns and doesn't know shit about them.

They're all casual. Your meme arrows mean nothing.

This. Nobody plays those games for the deviantart-tier OC story, it's all bout the gameplay.

5 has a recap video so you'll probably be fine. 1, 3 and 4 are absolutely worth playing in their own rights though. If you play and enjoy 5 they're totally worth going back to.

Attached: DngKGenWsAAOmPM.jpg (350x366, 12K)

Don't give an iota of a fuck about the "stories" in these kinds of games.

>Im-fucking-plying
Characters like Dante and Vergil carry the games, same with the music, writing and enemy design. If it were only for gameplay, the series wouldn't be as successful as it is today.

the architecture is impressive too.
even in 4.

i dunno, dmc1 was the first of it's kind either way

DMCV has a "History of Devil May Cry" video from the title screen menu that sums up the lore of the other four games within a few minutes.

It's left handed pistol.

Attached: Ebony_&_Ivory_DMC3.gif (350x350, 52K)

you still miss out on what makes the characters cool.

DMC 1 had you restart the whole mission sure, but each mission was literally only a couple minutes long, sometimes even less.

Anime was the best one

>imagine wanting to play franchise from fifth instalment without playing previous parts
why is Yea Forums so underage and shitty?

Fuck off nigger, characters, their cringe dialogue, edgy story and combat are what made this series good

>FLOCK OFF FEATHER FACE
>M rated game