What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: l.jpg (1920x1080, 869K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pXdP2VDv9lo
youtube.com/watch?v=sm6FqL5nAqk&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Itsuno willingness to give fans "fanserive the game" with good ending instead of actually good and memorable story and atmosphere

It isn't out yet. Fuck you.

GOTTA LET IT OUT
GOTTA LET IT OUT

This. Like damn dude, just make another good game instead of REMEMBER THIS REMEMBER THAT?

now that the dust has settled, was it a mistake?

Based

Euthanize yourself by acid pool

Vergilfags.
I blame everything to them

I think we can all agree at this point
not woke enough for 2019

>Recycled assets: literally 90% of the fucking game is the same level design.
>Garbage music: the Devil Trigger remix which plays in the final battle is awful. Nothing else sounds memorable.
>Decent gameplay: gameplay-wise it has potential.
I don't know, probably I should not have watched the streaming yesterday.

this board is so trash lmao
play video games for once in your life instead of complaining about them 24/7 you sad fucks

The Japanese love REMEMBER THIS REMEMBER THAT though so good luck

It looks great, I can't wait

I didn't left this shit board after E3,that's what went wrong

I guess you missed the stream.

Attached: 1550512841714.jpg (1024x584, 55K)

can i save this image?
I really like it

You're not wrong, but after DmC I feel like we needed that kind of game to "restabilish" the current direction.
Maybe they will be more brave and try to go for something a bit wilder for the next game, but DMC5 needed to be like that.

shitty series, shitty game, nothing apparently

Only if you pay me $100. Act 13 protects my memes.

Attached: 1550498513826.jpg (749x800, 166K)

subhuman brazilian apes overhyping everything like usual

>inmediate template thread

Fucking kys cancer.

>game isn't out yet
>duurrrh wat went rong??
God Yea Forums is such a shithole

Using an engine that focuses on photorealism for a series that focuses so much on silly unrealistic action, leading to some very questionable character design visuals.

Dmc legit sucks, you don’t have to be jaded Yea Forumsirgin to realize that

>An entire year of hype just for Yea Forums to turn on it moments before release
Why can’t you fags just enjoy things?

whatever your niggers say, ill be over there doing combos while you tards whine about politics or whatever dumb shit

lmao capcom cuck SEETHING. stay mad faggot

The story and writing was better than it's ever been.
it's the artstyle and a few gameplay decisions that have problems.

>Literally DMC4.5
>V gets introduced as a new character, gets killed
>V is Arkham 2.0
>Zoomer music
>Nostalgia parts from 1 and 3
>Shitty elements from DmC
>The loading screens just for getting in a Divinity Statue
There's nothing new in this game. Just fixing the rashness of 4.

DMC2 legit sucks.

DmC is...polarizing.

>>The loading screens just for getting in a Divinity Statue
yea what the fuck were those loading screens, thank god i got a SSD, fuck that shit

dantes battle theme

thats it i think

>What went wrong?
>for an unreleased game
I hate this meme, I want to punch your fucking face

>game gets streamed in shitty quality on youtube
>shitters cant even wait a full half-hour before making this thread
>mfw people legitimately shitting on game they haven't even touched, just seen when video games are an interactive medium

Disappointed, but not surprised. Game could be shit, who knows? I'll reserve full judgement until I actually play firsthand and experience everything myself instead of this 'le epic pessimist' mindset circlejerk you all got going here. I have few if any complaints with what I've seen but still hype for the game to come out in a day and some change. I'm gonna call over some friends, play it on the big tv in the living room, get comfy, order some pizza, and have a good time regardless even if the game has a few flaws.

Attached: tumblr_inline_oesmecSLhU1r2j4ar_1280.png (177x190, 83K)

We weren't able to make people hate the game

Also Trish looks ugly

>Shitty elements from DmC
Which ones?

I was thinking the same thing about your life.

She was always ugly.

She was hot in MvC3

>lack of variety in locations
>V/ergil
>ending

other than that it seems fine

Yeah remember v, urizen, Nico, the big tree, redgrave and most of the enemies/bosses from all the other games which had identical art styles and music styles

>DMC
>caring about story
This thread is full of retards

Attached: 1419190745461.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

The game sucks
Dab and piss on its fucking corpse

Attached: 1551874008439.gif (512x512, 528K)

>Game could be shit, who knows?
No one who has played the demo would consider this a possibility.

Even if the game literally becomes a static screen of a human ass farting for 20 hours after the first mission it'd still just be a mediocre title.

>What went wrong
Itsuno making a DMC game. The odds of this one actually being good were not particularly high

oh well, we still have astral chain and bayonetta 3 this year. also whatever babylon's fall is, but that's probably not coming out this year

Attached: 1550247714666.gif (500x366, 504K)

no steel box edition for PC

It's got a surprising amount. They release a ton of supplementary things like novels to expand the lore (although the canonicity of them ends up being wishy-washy).

Spending time on pretty graphics, fanservice and capturing boomer faces instead of improving previous games.

You didn't use a picture of RE2 remake

DmC: Devil May Cry does not suck. It is a thoroughly mediocre action game with an incredibly terrible and cringeworthy story. It sucks in comparison to DMC3 and 4, two of the best action games ever made if not the best in terms of mechanics.

>ending
What's the ending?

Yeah, Capcom puts out supplementary materials to rake in fan cash

If you really care about DMC's story beyond MAYBE wondering what's up with Vergil your priorities are beyond fucked, it's just an excuse to string together cool fights and setpieces and it doesn't need to be anything more.

>DMC4
>One of the best action games ever made
you have to be 18+ to post here

>Yea Forums is one person

>muh recycled environments
>muh story
You disgust me. Tell me what titles you consider better than DMC4 but I already know they're shit in comparison.

Attached: 1478784940948.gif (248x225, 203K)

>what went right?
ftfy

Attached: BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG.gif (2325x1125, 2.88M)

Is there any game that Yea Forums majority agrees is good?

Your "social engineering"

Dante and Vergil go to hell

Bad rats.
Garfield Kart.
Worm Odyssey

This thread is a combination of autism, poverty, and resentment. I guess the claim is someone streamed it and didn’t like it, which seemingly happens with every new release now. That aside, I’m not sure how watching a stream of a game like this could even compare to playing it

>Tell me what titles you consider better than DMC4
quite frankly, you might as well have asked me what action games that aren't better than DMC4, because that'd be a far easier list. and would actually be able to fit within one post

no, there's too many dumb contrarians on this board

Level design is pretty eh and the lack of alt costumes that aren't just recolor kind of sucks
No Bloody Palace off the bat and lack of playable Vergil in base game is pretty disappointing too. Other than that it's pretty fucking perfect

Attached: 1551879581653.webm (1280x720, 2.51M)

dude, hitting play on a low bitrate russian stream by someone who's shit at the game is totally the same as doing repeated EX calibur JC's, these people obviously know what they're talking about.

What's the problem with that? Both Dante and Vergil have been shown they can come back from it

Tetris.

>I literally can't think of any
Cool story, bro
A+ post great contribution

Attached: 1510930230115.gif (499x488, 98K)

I'd love nothing more than for it to flop, the nuDMC fanbase is insufferable reddit trash.

>Vergil reformed, killed a city to get stronger than ever
>Dante resolves to kill him
>Nero runs in and tell them to stop fighting
>"Ok, bye"
>They leave

>"I literally can't think of any"
Into the fucking trash you go - trying to quote me saying some reddit shit. go back to your /r/dmc cuckshed, you fucking tourist
>literally
this fucking faggot

If every DMC fan put as much effort and time into getting A's in school instead of getting A's and S's in a single player game made to just blast trough and have fun for 8 hours we would have a board full of NASA scientists.
Instead we have burgerking workers.

Except the use of literal there was literal as opposed to figurative. You may have brain damage.
>thinks DMC4 isn't one of the best action games ever made
You definitely have brain damage.

So when does the review embargo lift?
What version of denushit are they using, so how long will it take for a crack?

If you can think of so many of them, then at least name a few instead of dodging the question.

kingdom hearts 2 final mix

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
BITCH ABOUT THIS, BITCH ABOUT THAT, BITCHING AND BITCHING ON THE SAME OP TITLE
SEKIRO THIS, DMC5 THAT
EVERY FUCKING SINGLE DAY
FUCK YOU

welcome to Yea Forums
you are new here?

>a shitty rpg with a braindead "press X for awesome" combat
>better than anything
Gr8 b8 m8

Attached: tenor.gif (220x151, 336K)

85 metascore incoming

Screencap this

DmC in my opinion suffers the same problem Banjo Kazooie: Nuts n' Bolts does: it's not a bad game on its own, it just fails to live up to its name. Had it been released as Donny Might Bawl it would have been remembered as an average action game with a ridiculously edgy plot.

>still hopeful for bayo 3 after the shitty 2

Bayo 2 got a fucking 91. Why would DMC 5 be lower?

Vergils face marked the end.

I blame myself, i was overhyped by this shit and Itsuno just proved to be a fucking hack.
Never again.

You're absolutely right, but the thing is that the only reason it made it to mediocrity is because Itsuno's team jumped off Dragon's Dogma to polish Tameem's turd. Details are scarce but from interviews it seems like Itsuno's team dramatically altered as much as they could in the time given granted their unfamiliarity with the engine. Basic shit too, like the animations (which you'll notice have been almost 1:1 ripped from Nero in DMC4)

Review scores will be below 80 because journos got filtered at King Cerberus

Except for the remembered part you are right. it would have sold no copies and a month later nobody would remember it ever existed.

>a shitty rpg with a braindead "press X for awesome" combat
>critical lvl 1
kek
play the game first

Something something nintendo bonus

>this trash song is still in the game
youtube.com/watch?v=pXdP2VDv9lo
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

That's fair enough

Itsuno hates Dante and is making Nero take over the series.

youtube.com/watch?v=sm6FqL5nAqk&feature=youtu.be
Literally nothing

>Reddit tourist still replying to me
Guess I hit a nerve.

>level design
>camera
>story, but who cares

So is there a jap dub we can use, or is it only the english shit?

Bloodborne is the closest I've ever seen to the majority praising a game on here.

The answer used to be God Hand but then it became hip to pretend to hate it and then people started actually hating it.

>actually michael jackson

Attached: 1551550388128.jpg (225x315, 28K)

wow reddit will eat this shit so fast

Wha? I thought God Hand would always be beloved.
Don't all PC players hate Bloodborne?

It's funny because it was the most shitposted game in Yea Forums's history before it came out.

What the fuck is wrong with Nico?

Attached: spaghetti.png (221x625, 146K)

>>lack of variety in locations
PROOF?

SOMEONE ANSWER ME CAN NERO USE DEVILBRINGER AT ALL IN THIS GAME IS THERE AN OPTION??????

>Don't all PC players hate Bloodborne?

because it's not on pc
i'm a pc fag

Do DMCucks *actually* like Nico? Because she sounds like she belongs in a 90's Resident Evil game for all the wrong reasons.
>Goldstein
It just keeps getting worse

Bayonetta > DMC1 > Bayonetta 2 > DMC 4 > DMC 3

whats wrong with her face?
its looks like they slapped some animations on top of the face geometry

How about the fucking stream showing the game you dumbshit.

Daughter of this motherfucker

Attached: Agnus_DMC4.jpg (484x888, 34K)

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ANSWER ME
WHY ISN'T HIS HAND ROBOTIC HERE DOES HE GET DEVIL TRIGGER ALONG WITH THE ROBOT ARM?OR DO YOU LOSE IT/

If everyone agreed and thought the same exact thing it would be a hive mind and not a group of individuals

V sucks.
Devil breakers suck, Punch Line is the only good one.
Dante's weapons all suck.

I'll just keep playing DMC3 forever I guess.

it didnt have a 2 in the title

Holy fuck I posted this thread just to troll.
I never even replied in it.
Let it die you autistic faggots.

Attached: 1402873278572s.jpg (125x125, 4K)

Bayo 2 has a lot more visual variety and spectacle than DMC5 and journos love that shit.

>V sucks
Explain.

EAT A DICK NIGGA

>implying Yea Forums isn't a hate hivemind

>Bayonetta > DMC1 > Bayonetta 2 > DMC 4 > DMC 3

Attached: 1545585249982.png (1200x1042, 247K)

You get the devil bringer as a spectral arm once Nero unlocks Devil Trigger. You still get to use the Devil Breakers (rebuilt into gauntlets), so you have access to both at the same time.

Nice get but recently I started playing all the DMC games in anticipation for 5 and 3 is really annoying me. I’m not having too much fun at all. I fedl a lot of what DMC1 great was lost to make Dante’s moveset look fancier. Which it does, but DT is very full now and all the bosses and enemies lack the insane variety of DMC1.

Photorealistic graphics
Boycott all RE engine games, they look like shit and I don't want see them again

He's too overpowered so you can clear every fight on any difficulty below DMD with just button mashing. You also can't really do anything deliberately stylish with him because his familiars have awkward delays to how they respond to your commands and you can't directly control their movement, only how they attack.

Reminder that the only people who hate DMCV are salty Bayo fags.

I do wish people didn’t feel the need to start threads with templates like “oh no no no” and “what did they mean by this” etc, but I really don’t think it’s a hat hive mind once you get into the threads. RE2 make dosent have a lot to make fun of so people just post Claire’s ass, which gives credit to your point but I’ve never seen anyone who wasn’t just shitpostingn expressed hatred that wasn’t just their genuine opinion of the game

>you get it as a spectral arm
Except no, Nico builds a "buster arm" that functions like his arm in DMC4 as one of the devil breakers.

You get the buster arm as a replacement, but you get the full legit Devil Bringer at the end of the game.

I much prefer Kamiya’s approach to enemy design, movement, and general fluidity.

>he doesn't know that Nell Goldstein forged Ebony and Ivory
Nell Goldstein has been in DMC canon since fucking 2003 you underage pissboy

Attached: andersoncooperistiredofyourshit.gif (220x212, 86K)

So you just hate commitment to attacks and can only play action games that let you cancel all your actions at any time with an invincible dodge?

>I only played the Nero demo
Ragtime, Buster, Gerbera, Helter Skelter, and Rawhide are all fantastic. Pretty much the only bad breakers are overture and GP-01 and Sweet Surrender

>Nell Goldstein
/pol/ was right all along

Attached: 1550966547425.jpg (1024x1024, 135K)

Helter Skelter would be great if it did more damage, as it is it's just a hard counter to shields.

I wonder what the deluxe edition cutscene is gonna look like.

what's wrong with GP-01?

if people are already trying the deluxe edition weapons, how does the cavaliere variant compare to the regular version? isn't it supposed to be faster in exchange for no super armor?

what do the numbers mean on your devil breakers?when they break they're gone so do the numbers mean you can equip them again at a nico point?

Go back.

Imagine actually being this fucking retarded enough and thinking this. He literally was the one that made Dante as iconic as he is with DMC3. You can't just keep a character stagnant forever.

No I much prefer KH2 to 3 which you cancel out of at all. I also just stated DMC1 is my favorite DMC, you know the only one without trickster— which allows you to cancel out of attacks into an dodge. It’s almost like I played these games

>what's wrong with GP-01?
As far as I can tell it just doesn't offer Nero anything. The other arms offer Nero something he wouldn't have without them, but GP-01 sends you straight up or down which you could already do on demand with split or his launcher

Bayo 2 hate is a meme at this point. Give me an better example of a hack n 'slash. The action is much more fluid than in Bayo 1, the visuals of the battles are stunning. No DMC holds a candle (so far) and only nostalgic zoomers say that DMC1 and DMC3 are better. But I agree if you say that Bayo 2 story is shit.

Reminder its just salty Nintendo Switch fanboys spamming these threads.

They fucked up enemy behavior in Bayo 2, it's like going from KH2 to BBS where enemies can suddenly just randomly break out of combos.

>directly comparing Bayo and DMC
brainlet

Attached: abandonthread.gif (340x255, 951K)

>DUUUUDE I LOOOVE QTES
Ok, sweetie.

>literally the best stream of games capcom has produced in ages
>wahhh i want anime back
Fuck off, you dont like videogames faggot.

The only dmc3 with a good story is 3 and even that is kinda subpar. At least it stays out of the way unlike KH3. I can’t imagine a world where DMCV or Bayo 3 are as dissapointing as KH3 but we’ll see I guess

I don't like buttugly graphics

Or maybe is just hate the uncanny valley facial animations, and that everything looking the same is fucking boring.

Bayonetta 1 is a finely tuned and balanced action game, Bayonetta 2 is designed around witch time spam and general defensive play because of enemies being so hard to launch without witch time and able to throw out counters when the fuck ever.

Every encounter in Bayo 2 plays out the same fucking way. Dodge to trigger witch time, combo, repeat. Bayo 1 actually gives you options for a much more free form approach.

To be fair, bayonetta is mediocre as fuck and made with dial in combos, slow mo bullshit and nothing ever feels good about it. Its not technical in the slightest and has an awful protag and story. That being said, I think Platinum is just getting really tired and drawn out, there talent was mostly lost when Clover stopped.

What action games look better?

Or maybe your a faggot that perfers cute girls over actual gameplay. Look in the mirror everyday and you see even uglier, what does it matter if some people look "average" in a fucking videogame like it matters? Do you also think Mario should be prettier?

That’s probably my least favorite part of Bayo but to imply they supplement depth or by default masks the combat awful is ludicrous. Bayo 1 had one of the most well considered combat systems out there. How many other games are still challenging while still making sure enemies can’t attack you if they’re out of frame.

Would you love Mario being photorealistic?

And who the fuck is talking about how the characters look? The animation being fucking terrible has nothing to do with character design.

Go play your brown and bloom shit.

>What action games look better?
He doesn't mean the game looks bad, he means he can't masturbate to even semi-realistic looking women after years of jacking it to cartoon rabbits and lolis

>the animations are bad
Haha, oh wow

There's being contrarian and then there's being blind

I don't want to play characters with a real face. Looks lazy, gross and not even a videogame

it also has all of gerbera mobility. you just trade gerbera's neutral pulse for vertical dash

You being the blind it seems. The fucking rubber faces in these games are beyond terrible.

>You being the blind
This is an American image board my ESL friend

>who the fuck is talking about how the characters look
>the rubber faces!
I see you have the memory span of a goldfish

>archaic gameplay
>outdated technology
>horrendous animations
>ugly character design (especially true for the female characters)

Holy shit, this thread is extreme cancer.

What, you mean how something looks and how it moves/animates are in fact, NOT the same fucking thing? Such advanced concepts clearly to much for you.

Why use animation and all and not just move clip outs of photographs around. Or better yet. Just fucking film everything, since you want nothing but everything to look real.

>archaic gameplay
lmao

>literally said he wasn't talking about how the models look
>proceeds to complain about how the models look
>gets called out
>UHHH UHHH ANIMATIONS AND MODELS ARE THE SAME THING
English, motherfucker, learn how to speak it.

Attached: 1476942611288.gif (500x280, 412K)

It is.

Oh so you think models and graphics are the same thing. Here is a tip. They aren't.

In fact, the word models have never once been mentioned before your shitty post. So just fucking kill yourself and make the world a better place.

>Holy shit, this board is extreme cancer.
ftfy

>Oh so you think models and graphics are the same thing
Your english fails you yet again, sir. You do realize this board is anonymous, right? Your ego would be far better served by just abandoning the thread or reply chain than by constantly proving to everyone just how retarded you can be.

Pic very related.

Attached: your-resistance-only-makes-my-penis-harder.jpg (640x480, 37K)

PC players love it, as they usually state that's it's the only title worth buying the PS4 for.

There's a difference between disagreeing with legit criticism and shitposting contrarianism, the latter being seen a lot in this thread.

>Only title worth buying the Ps4 for
Pretty much.

Attached: 1404625103818s.jpg (166x250, 6K)

You are now making even less sense than no sense. Congrats.

Maybe, just maybe, you need to learn what words mean. Nah, just keeping making random shit up and pretend it really happened. Not like i can clearly search for a word and see it never once has been said.

>Maybe, just maybe, you need to learn what words mean.
And there's the retreat into projection. The cycle is complete.

Attached: peridance.gif (470x810, 273K)

So you realized your mistake and are now trying to project the mistake on to others. Good for you faggot.

>V, Urizen
Vergil
>enemies/bosses
pretty much everyone of those is a callback, which isn't a bad thing
>art styles
who gives a shit
>music styles
Nah, it's pretty similar to all of them and DmC

We didn't know that
>V, Urizen and Vergil are all the same person.
>V, the new playstyle/gameplay is gone from the series at the end of the game
>final mission is the same mission twice
>you cannot upgrade the devil breakers at all
>king cerberus looks lame
>the ending is dogshit worse than 4

We're allowed criticise the game you nigger.

Now you go back to and read the chain in a loop!

Maybe eventually you'll figure out that you need english lessons

>jailbait keeps searching for him
>Granny of some lady he worked with wants him to fuck her granddaughter
>partners are a bunch of bitches who'd steal his shit the moment he's on extended leave
>would rather just hang out with his autistic deadbeat father of a brother who caused another catastrophic demonic event within a city and was also a tattoo'd twink reading poetry
Being dante is suffering

So you still dont understand that how things look and how things move are not the same thing.

>inb4 pedotera complain about this because of MJ

Wait wait wait, whats wrong with the animation now being 1 to 1 and improved from 4?

Why are you such a pathetic loser?

Yeah because you dont play good games. Also, how the fuck is facial capture less lazy than making generic anime faces with literally less detail and rig points?

>trying to get a real response out of the guy who justified saying animations were bad by calling the faces rubbery then sperged out when someone pointed out that's models and not animation
why

Unfortunately i have eyes that i see with. And so i don't like the weird looking facial animations.

Made a shitty fanservice game instead of making a sequel to an acclaimed series (dragons dogma 2)

Attached: 1489515351900.jpg (500x500, 49K)

So the animations are terrible because the models are terrible?

You do know that most DMC games have scored better than Dragon's Dogma right?

No, the user complaining is just retarded/ESL

It's difficult to argue with a smart person but it's impossible to argue with a stupid person. Have fun shitposting you miserable autists, I'm gonna have fun and ignore you

>ESL
I don't speak Nazi.

Imagine being this contrarian for free
It looks like shit, enjoy your eye cancer

what does ESL means?

Attached: kYyYI37.png (434x563, 239K)

Jesus christ what is wrong with our education system

ESL stands for English as a Second Language

yeah but i'm not american, sorry

have this naked lady webm

Attached: 1551885685605.webm (800x512, 1.82M)

No "Must Style" mode.

Attached: nero.gif (320x180, 1.62M)

Not everyone is american.

This is an American image board operated by American mods for American users.

I still hope for that down the line
It was pretty much the best thing to came out of DmC:DmC
besides Donte memes

No it's a Japanese image board owned by a Japanese guy.

>Yea Forums is japanese because hiroshimoot bought it from moot
>despite it being american-made, american-run, american-hosted, and purely english-language, on a .org domain
You may be legitimately retarded

Ten minutes to go lads, get those predictions locked in!

DmC

Fucking itsuno wanted dmc2

Shitstorm incoming

>and purely english-language
Imagine being so cucked you speak another peoples language lmao

On what, review embargo?

Is there really anyone out there older than 15 that can't decide if they'll like this game based on 3/4?

If this was an american board we would be speakling spanish not english.

Gameplay is inferior to 3 and even 4
Storyline is fanservice focused trash
Looks sub-par for a 2019 AAA title
Bad character and level design

Its not awful as it seems it Looks better than 1,2 and DMC,however i expected more,can we ever blame games for not living up to insane hype+our own expectations,hard to tell