Man, why is the PS3 so good these days? Im on the store and all these fun games only cost literaly a couple of coins...

Man, why is the PS3 so good these days? Im on the store and all these fun games only cost literaly a couple of coins. I know nothing is forever, but a big company like Sony cant they at least allow for the store to stay up after game servers go? Or our purchases? Such a great library of stuff i got digitally, and the slim is so reliable as a model, it just never seems to die.

Attached: AAC72337-FAE9-4549-959E-F39DBA352136.jpg (500x500, 17K)

In the interest of keeping a PS3 slim working longer in the future, which is more strenious on it? Using the disc drive with a physical collection? Or making all games digital and filling up a harddrive? I want my PS3 to last now that its not being produced any more. Is there any known problems with the slim?

PlayStations age well

Attached: 2019.jpg (2000x2000, 584K)

Not always user, PS2 had its problems on launch, all FAT PS3's are a ticking time bomb.

I'm in the same boat. I recently got a PS3 for a free after never owning one, and there are some great games for almost nothing.

Attached: 22491522_1697232606955032_373047163216481271_n.jpg (960x960, 61K)

cause the ps4 is garbage compared to the ps3 & even the ps2

I mean, it fucking isn't. The PS4 is still better than the PS3.

Why you think so? It has a few nice exclusives, but compared to PS3, it's meh.

I dont place exclusives as the most important factor.

Still need to get my 60 fat reballed and working again.

True but PS1s are still going strong.

The only problem with my fat PS3 is that it can't read disks anymore. ...I suppose it's a downward spiral from here, though.

What does it say when you try? Happened to a friend of mine once, he is a mechanic, he literally bought a bluray drive off ebay and replaced it himself.

I've been replaying the MGS legacy collection. In my backlog I have silent hill, deadly premonition, dragons dogma, and Godhand. Though I'm probably going to rebuy Dogma on PC or PS4 when it goes on sale as the framerate is abysmal on ps3.

Enjoy it while it lasts, Sony will shut down the store on PS3 once the PS5 releases.

just dump an SSD in it or buy a BluRay drive and screw it in yourself.

You can always swap out the harddrive if it breaks. That would be a lot harder with the optical drive.

I am only using my PS3 as a Blu-ray player for my imported Blu-rays from Japan (mostly only Fox Searchlight Pictures and Studio Ghibli movies), but I do have a handful of PS3 games, including Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection, The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection, Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, and PSone Classics.

Here is my ranking:
PS2 > PS1 > PS3 >>>>>>>>>>> PS4

My PS3 backlog frightens me. Too many games.

Funny guy.

My biggest fear isn't that the store will go, more that after over a decade of making purchases that they will say "whoops sorry about all your games, you cant download historic purchases anymore" but the fact that PSP games remain downloadable to this day gives me faith that maybe Sony aren't complete buttholes about it.

i doubt it happens until sony makes totally new online system and kills of the whole psn.
anyway just download your digital games from psndl or similar

psndl?