Remember when you would lend a game you finished on ps1 to your friend, and he'd let you borrow his?

Remember when you would lend a game you finished on ps1 to your friend, and he'd let you borrow his?

When games had a disc and the full game was on disc(s)

Attached: 1534703874916.jpg (750x717, 59K)

Remember when games weren't 54gb that took 4 days to download?

I also remember that one single scratch could fuck you over forever and you've had to tough it out without any patches if devs let some bullshit slip through on release day.
So yeah, good thing it's all in the past now.

>buy game on GoG
>Copy it to a USB dongle and lend it to a friend

Remember when games were fun?

Why would anyone pay to download a game?
Especially when there's no demo. Most consumers are suckers with zero savvy and it shouldn't annoy me but it fucking does.

No.

>Remember when games were fun?
2017 is not long ago

>Botw
>Hollow knight

I remember lending Star Ocean 3 to my friend who held onto it for like over a year and by the time I got it back it was scratched to shit and wouldn't play, fuck you Jake

>Botw
>Hollow knight
I'm not into fake empty fun, and something I've played many times ago already, sorry

>not having a modchipped ps1

>tfw lent crash nitro kart for the gba to a friend while he lent me wario land 4
>moved out so we never returned games
I feel like I got the better deal here but it still feels odd

You sound like a bitch nigga, nigga :0 it just forced companies and developers to be more accurate. Now, they are getting lazy and they just dish out whatever with the excuse of "we can always patch it"
Shit sounds like your used-to-be-skinny wife cooking you instant ramen for dinner saying "i will cook a better meal tomorrow"

People could code back then

i sure as shit remember not getting 90% of everything i lent out back so i implemented an incremental approach to multi disc games where i would lend the next one out on the completion of the previous, which also didnt work. fuck am i going to do with disc 2 of onimusha dawn of dreams.

>they actually think this kind of shit rarely happened back then

no, games still got patched and the patched versions were what was shipped. one of the most famous examples of this is OOT where a 1.1 patched version started shipping out like 4 days after the launch version

>Think
I remember, kid

Oh yeah, I bet you had fun with Ultima 9 just like I did.

>Weeb trash

>Nintendo

LoL

>Ultima
>weeb
Are you pretending to be retarded?

Some leftists may seem to oppose technology, but they will oppose it only so long as they are outsiders and the technological system is controlled by non-leftists. If leftism ever becomes dominant in society, so that the technological system becomes a tool in the hands of leftists, they will enthusiastically use it and promote its growth. In doing this they will be repeating a pattern that leftism has shown again and again in the past. When the Bolsheviks in Russia were outsiders, they vigorously opposed censorship and the secret police, they advocated self-determination for ethnic minorities, and so forth; but as soon as they came into power themselves, they imposed a tighter censorship and created a more ruthless secret police than any that had existed under the tsars, and they oppressed ethnic minorities at least as much as the tsars had done. In the United States, a couple of decades ago when leftists were a minority in our universities, leftist professors were vigorous proponents of academic freedom, but today, in those of our universities where leftists have become dominant, they have shown themselves ready to take away from everyone else’s academic freedom. (This is “political correctness.”) The same will happen with leftists and technology: They will use it to oppress everyone else if they ever get it under their own control.

Attached: 1 Tf-AJevE88OJcUFrrzgXbg.png (735x492, 312K)

remember those 100 games in 1 games where you can play SNES games on the playstation

best boy ted

Dumbass comparison since all the OoT "patch" did was turn Ganondorf's blood green and remove the Islamic chanting from the Fire Temple

>not a patch because all it does is change things
got it. sorry officer

it's not a fix

"Patches" now literally have the entire game. Like the game itself is 5kb and then prompts you to download 50gb of patch.

Nope, I burnt copies of my friends games and burnt them copies of mine.

based ted

full game is on disc retard its just locked behind dlc paywall