Don't mind me, i'm just the best Pokemon game of all time

Don't mind me, i'm just the best Pokemon game of all time.

Attached: Pokemon - White Version (USA, Europe) (NDSi Enhanced) [b].jpg (500x457, 47K)

Wrong game OP, it's BW2 you meant to post.

BW2 has better side content, but the main campaign of BW1 was far superior.

Nah senpai that's second best

Sir, I believe you're sorely mistaken.

Attached: 6A088D51-8C6A-4FBA-9112-8F4D6060958B.jpg (300x262, 26K)

they're almost identical but at least BW2 doesn't make you use icecream and garbage bags

He is

Nor did the first one, dipshit. That was only up to you.

Man of Culture right here.

Attached: HilbertChallenge.png (128x64, 2K)

That's not Pokemon Emerald.

you had to choose from gen 5 only which are mostly shit

Neither does BW1, it literally has more Pokemon than the original gen 1 games.
Nobody uses "it MAKES you use the stupid Pokeball Pokemon" as a criticism against RBY.
Having an entire playthrough with nothing but new Pokemon was the perfect way to recapture the feeling of the originals, in a way it was better nostalgia bait than Let's Go or all the annoying references in Gen 6 and 7.

Black and white had some of the most shitty designs out of every gen so far.
The actual game itsself I don't know I stopped playing it when N first talked to me.

That’s not pikachu.

Add B&W2 and HGSS and you have the peak of the Pokémon series.

HG/SS does not stand up to a replay.

This .
HGSS were really amazing remakes, but i wish they fixed the levelling/xp curve and made the game a little more difficult.

You had 156 Pokémon and you're complaining about 5 among them which, mind you, you are not obligated to use in team if you don't want to. Also, whether you like them or not is your opinion, but factually Gen V Pokémon are far from being shit for the most part.

That's not Soulsilver

I agree that the curve is a problem, but it definitely stands up to a reply. Its too good even with the curve issue, although not as good as BW1-2

>it literally has more Pokemon than the original gen 1 games
>You had 156 Pokémon

13 of them are trash legendaries
3 of them are ice cream cones
2 of them are literal trash bags
6 of them are copypaste monkeys
and most of the rest are fuck ugly rehashes of Gen 1 pokemon
starters are pure trash too btw

the good mons are VERY few in number, stuff like Excadrill, Darmanitan, Eelektross are rare exceptions

Emerald > Soul Silver > Gamecube games > whatever

There is nothing wrong with the ice cream pokemon.

Based Vanilluxe is pleb filter

For all I know, you can come to like some Pokémon by simply using them in battle or in-game, which sounds too complicated for you. Stop being a stuck up little bitch.

BW2 are good games, BW is are the worst entries in the series, even worse than fucking SM and thats just disgusting

Still shit compared to actually good games

Attached: 1F164019-21F3-416D-B227-9BBCE3B8B610.jpg (646x580, 163K)

HGSS is objectively the best game.

He saved my nuzlocke, he's pretty damn cool.

>bad levelling and difficulty curve
>one of the easiest Pokemon games to date
>very poor variety of obtainable Pokemon until like the 4th or 5th badge
>lots of mandatory HM
>some nonsensical design decisions like the GB player being unobtainable until pretty much the end of the playthrough
Nahh, saying it's objectively the best is not really true.
It's a great game, definitely one of the best Pokemon games and i can't blame you if it's your favorite, but it has a lot of flaws.

>whiteboi version

What is the best version to do a randomized nuzlocke with? I'm thinking of doing HG since I like the map more than BW.

unequivocally based
truly the peak of pokemon and pokemon design

They have a nuzlocke thread on /vp/ with resources to compare all the ups and downs of the games for nuzlocke runs, you should check it out.

>telling anyone to go to /vp/

Too bad it went down the drain starting with XY

good pokemon design went to shit with gen 5
>literal icecream cone
>literal trash bag

what makes this game so great lads?
i lost my copy and now its more expensive than it was when it originally came out

Look at this nigger hating on based ice cream cone.

Drayano patch fixes all that makes the game pure kino

>DQ slime but purple
>rock with arms
>a seal
>a rat
>a bird
Genwuniggers are the most retarded

But Vanillite and Trubbish are cute!

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 9K)

Gen 5 is garbage.

Correct, HGSS is also an acceptable answer.

>sewage slime
>a pokeball
>the alphabet
>a wind chime
>a coin
>a bell

Gen 1
>literal shit
>literal seal
>literal eggs
>literal magnets
>literal Pokeball
>literal rat
>literal black African prostitute
>literal rock with eyes and arms
>literal snake with its name backwards
>literal weed with legs
Most of Genwun could be summarised this way, but this gets a pass because KANTOOOOOOOO. Funny thing is if each generation was interchanged, whatever came first would've been praised to hell and back.

gen1 is shit too

Honestly Gen 5 was the best stopping point for anyone that enjoys pokemon since it was one of the freshest gens with tons of new pokemon. It truly was the last great gen. Shame gen 6 and 7 were so fucking garbage.

>literal letter with eyes, 28 times

Gen 5 was the best stopping point for anyone that enjoys Pokemon because it was so terrible and every subsequent game followed its template.

Gen 5 made me drop pokemon when I was like 12 or 13, that game was fucking awful, the modern city vibe was horrible, the designs didn't even look like pokemon, the graphics and sprites all looked like pixelated garbage and the region was a fucking circle that was played like a straight line, it didn't have even a single cool area.
With the pass of time I asked my sister about x/y and pokemon sun/mun and she told me that they are like 10 times worse, glad I stopped playing them, Platinum and hg/ss are still the best for what I see.

>Muh garbage bags
>muh icecream
like gen1 didn't have trash ass designs like literal ball, pile of shit, eggs, and some fucking rocks. Each gen has good and bad designs but gen5 having an entirely new Dex was kino and only niggers that can't adapt hate it.

Attached: 1550696558636.jpg (500x500, 75K)

Almost OP, you almost had it.

Attached: kusoge no densetsu.png (2004x2336, 3.31M)

Gen 5 was the RE4 of pokemon. Prove me wrong.

gen 5 was too good for this world. It's a shame we'll never get good games like those ever again

Attached: good vs bad postgame.jpg (4586x2394, 3.79M)

I didn't even remember who the champion was in XY.

>hating on Unova’s modern city vibe
Fucking pleb.

Attached: 38FA4138-587E-4E0A-B00B-A849334DB6CA.png (819x745, 251K)

I thought that Gen V sucked dick, Gen IV was based af though

gen 5 was good because it followed lV's example and didn't send everything to the trash like XY and ORAS did

Attached: gen4postgame.jpg (2170x2394, 3.65M)

>He doesn’t like Trubbish or Vannillite

Attached: 2A91C985-90DF-4C5C-A513-B0F7574453E2.png (326x306, 243K)

>Railroads you into pokestar studios
Pshh nothing personell kid.

Do you ever confuse Pokemon and Pikmin?

Attached: v 200m pikmin.png (1364x2784, 273K)

Yeah, he is missing.

Attached: vp 21893068 tree BW.png (1350x651, 174K)

blocks your path

Attached: 1.png (250x312, 188K)

god forbid you try something a little different for 5 mins after 20 years of exactly the same gameplay

Yeah a fucking QTE segment that sounds unappealing the second it is mentioned and there's no fucking reason I should be forced to do, not to mention it's worse than the normal gampleay. BW2 are absolute trash and railroad you into whatever the NPC who is camping the entrance to the town or the gym exit wants to do.

yes the whole game is trash because you don't like a 5 min diversion. totally not an autistic person's reasoning

>railroad you into whatever the NPC who is camping the entrance to the town or the gym exit wants to do.
what is every pokemon game

You were a youngfag who grew up with Diamond and Pearl, the worst Pokemon games until X and Y. No wonder your taste in Pokemon is so shit.

>what is every pokemon game
It doesn't happen nearly as much before BW2.

Attached: D43978FC-09B9-4300-A5B2-BECCC46A30F6.png (659x545, 225K)

both those pokemon are unironically better than most pokemon past gen 5. The only really shit design was goth gardavour

I want to fuck N

>way better nostalgia bait
I couldn't agree more with this. Not knowing any of the pokemon you were going to encounter was the best way to get the feeling of the originals back and I doubt they ever will or even could do this again, because people will complain that the newest game doesnt have all 700+ ultra in the newest release so they just trickle 20-30 new mons per game now

Not too hard work to have a cool team by the 8th gym, which was always a problem for some games, such as giving a lot of the cool pokemon on victory road or something

BW1 has the worst Pokemon distribution in the entire series.

What the hell? I dont get it

This isn't crystal tho

The GS having a good chunk of new pokemon locked behind absurdly low appearance rates and/or being stuck in Kanto makes it worse by default.

BW gives you about half the number of Pokemon per game stretch than any other game. Even GSC.

Hey the time of the 4th gym you have like 25-30 pokemon available and by every other game you have like 50-60 at that point. BW1 is a failure of game design

>play pokemon X
>kanto pokemon fucking everywhere

what the fuck. I want to experience a game with new pokemon. If I wanted Kanto pokemon EVERYWHERE then I would play a kanto game. This is why I liked platinum and BW2

X has as much new pokemon as the ps3 has games.

That's alot of new pokemon. ,';^)

>go to the store
>see eggs on a shelf
>HATE THIS FUCKING STORE THEY MAKE ME EAT EGGS

Black/White is way more fun when you swap the starters for literally any other generation. Recommended for those who didn't like it.

The Narwhal was fucking rad though. It was the furries who were mad that he wasn't bipedal.

I like Snivy though.

Would be but Gen IV is just too slow.
Peak soul, but Gen V has the best gameplay.

>finally someone who uses the superior japanes game boxes for those
i like you

>difficulty mode is post-game and locked behind Battle Tower
(lol what a shit game design

Why not have players choose Challenge Mode/Easy Mode from the very beginning?

There's not even an option for New Game+, allows you to keep your existing Pokedex but you have to start all over again.

>Drayano patch
Sounds pretty interesting.
As someone whose never played gen 2, would you recommend it over vanilla?
I was also thinking about trying Crystal Clear as my intro to the gen.

I am trying to sell this piece of shit for 20 bucks for years now. Why did they produce so many of these but Heartgold goes for fucking 120€?

check the digits

Crystal clear is garbage get polished crystal

>3d world
>2d sprites
yikes

I fail to see the issue
>yikes
aside from the issue of faggots badwaggoning reddit phrases.

Attached: Klonoa_playstation_front.jpg (220x219, 29K)

>Prefer the trainer designs from the first game
>Didn't play the games when they were new
>Don't want to spend 70 bucks on the two

> i descwibe pokemon badwy so it mean gen wun bad hehehe

How dumb do you have to be to fall for the "If it was released today everyone would hate it" meme

based

Attached: 1527361260198.png (250x249, 87K)

Why did they make some of the evolution levels ridiculously high? I understand Hydreigon, but locking stuff like Braviary and Bisharp until endgame is bullshit.

Fuck Kanto and its pidgeys, spearows and meowths
Or zubats and geodudes
Or tentacools

BW is a godsend in route encounter variety compared to that fucking atrocity

BW is literally just Kanto with bootleg pokemon and shittier map design

Crystal Clear has that sweet ass following mechanic though which somehow is even more in depth than the one in HG/SS

I do have the 2.0 rom for CC if anyone wants it. Fuck the faggot who made it and is trying to keep it exclusive to a select few.

is anyone else buying a switch just for the new Pokemon game?
I havent played pokemon in so long, but those cute british memes are persuading me.

I might also get that Zelda game. I never played Zelda games before but I might as well get it, if im getting the switch already. hehe

Attached: jahy1.png (1012x1178, 556K)

>but this gets a pass because KANTOOOOOOOO
It gets a pass because it was the first gen to exist, made by like a dozen people. I expect designs to improve over time, not rehash the same mistakes, but that's the whole series in a nutshell when you think about it.

BW > Platinum > BW2 > FRLG = HGSS > USUM > SM > XY > ORAS
Hoenn sucks.

Sure, but in the same gen you get shit like Scolipede, Accelgor, Volcarona, Ferrothorn, Eelektross, Jellicent, etc. It balances out, just like most gens do.

Diamond and Pearl suck, but Platinum unironically is one of the best Pokemon games.

>Yea Forums hasn't had repeating digits for so long at this point he's probably a newfag who has never even seen a doubles thread

where does the time go

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1920x2206, 896K)