What are some good indie FPS games?
Pic may or may not be related.

Attached: dusk.jpg (460x215, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xcknq-wQn3E
youtu.be/SqCzaCJN0Xg
youtu.be/ef_41JpwqdE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Today 3D Realms will announce its new FPS. That'll be the real deal. Hopefully.

Elaborate.

Underhell: Chapter 1

Attached: UH core command attack.webm (854x480, 2.86M)

It uses Darkplaces (a fork of Quake engine: this game may use a modified version of it), with mapfags from Arcane Dimensions and 3D Realms is publishing it. The announcement should be today or tomorrow if you are a europoor

Attached: codename_mourningvale.webm (480x270, 1.44M)

>Muh retro hipster shit
Into the trash.

Attached: 1548386625948.jpg (960x540, 195K)

>retro
>hipster
You really are a tumor upon this board

You are in the wrong thread, mister.
Oh, and hipster are no more. They mutated into feminists.

Enjoy your nostalgia bait, snob.

Looks fun. Is it inspired by FEAR?

I hope those mapfags got better at designing actual gameplay and not just flow and eye candy then. It was always their weakspot but I thought it had to do with quake's gameplay just never reaching great heights anyway.

We Happy few

Amid evil is pretty bitchin

Attached: 1551677806287.jpg (460x578, 142K)

Just keep playing Dusk, its the best indie fps available right now imo

Well I haven't bought it yet.
Hence why it may OR may not be related.

Arcane Dimensions
Worlds (FPS RPG)
Cube 2: Sauerbraten
WGRealms 2

Dusk
Amid Evil
Elderborn
Ion maiden
Quake 1.5
Also Abysm for gzdoom is pretty dope

>Quake 1.5
For each thing it fixes, it broke another

Attached: IMG_20181026_192620.jpg (1600x900, 291K)

True, it's pretty refreshing tho

Its kinda like Fear, I don't think you can bicycle kick people to hell in it though. Its worth a play though, and its free.
Its mostly a Zombie game with a spooky horror house part, though the prologue and the second part of chapter 1 has armed enenies
Its never getting finished also

>Darkplaces
Dropped
Hard

Attached: 1526517816688.png (184x184, 53K)

How's DUSK and Ion Maiden? Amid Evil was pretty fun, although past the first episode and the Scrounge fight I could've easily turn on the evil difficulty (played on Hard). I was pretty excited in Arcane Sanctuary when I realised that I'm actually having some problem with enemy fights, since most of the game was quite simple on hard.
Quake or Quake 2? Heretic 2 or Hexen 2?

>indie
That isn't an indie game, it had a publisher.

3D Realms is a dead husk of what once was something.
Somehow they are still alive as a publisher and publishing Ion Maiden which I really look forward to playing when it’s finished.

Can recommend it the game is pretty much what you get when you mix blood with quake add some bits from rise of the triad plus some good designed maps and well thought out weapons and that all without having any hitscanning guns or enemys.
Also the sound design is rather decent it's a good game but you should try to start on ciero miero for a challenge if you want to buy it.

Project Warlock

Attached: 29745190_1653429564705472_595033619351412161_o.png (1449x944, 494K)

Darkplaces is shit for vanilla Quake but better for anything else.

I don't get why Yea Forums likes Dusk so much, but Ion Maiden is fairly good. It's actually hard to rank it with the classic Build games and the main problem is the setting and protag being bland in comparison.

Attached: IMG_20190108_110628.jpg (2048x1536, 388K)

Overwatch

Single bump, why not.

Off the top of my head you have OP's pic, Amid Evil, Ion Maiden, Strafe I guess.
Really if you want retro FPS action just download the original files for Doom/Quake/Duke 3D and just run them through a source port then download some custom map packs.

I really, really enjoyed DUSK. To that end, AMID EVIL is extremely good. I fucking love the aesthetics, and the gun play isn't bad. Pick it up on sale.

Shilling this underrated gem. Try and stop me.
youtube.com/watch?v=xcknq-wQn3E

Oh yeah I saw this review too. Looks decent.

Still waiting for it to come out on GoG.

One of the best HL2 mods out there.

Waiting for that to come out of EA.

I've never liked Darkplaces. It's so clunky compared to Quakespasm. Only used by people that want Quake to "look modern."

This is a game on Darkplaces engine
youtu.be/SqCzaCJN0Xg

it sure is. Quakespasm is much better.

That's on cryengine 3 you dumbass.

Isn’t Strafe a rougelike?

the games full name is wrath.
it'll be shit.
stop using outdated engines.

It tried to be like a retro FPS though. It's not great, but it's something.

>Nexuiz is from 2005
>Cry3 announced on 2009

Don't be silly. Of course the art is bad, but it's not the visual mess of Darkplaces running Quake. See it like a tech demo.

It was marketed like a retro FPS, but that's all
youtu.be/ef_41JpwqdE

This

I know you guys are gonna go "fuck off zoomie" or some shit, but I played through the original Doom and the only enjoyable level was one called "A Simple Task" or whatever it was. Where there were 4 massive units and some cyber spider things you had to kite

Dusk looks worse than quake1

doom 2 isn't the original doom

If you like Dead Simple the most, then retro FPS maze style/key hunt level design is just not for you. Give something like Serious Sam or Doom 2016 a go. You'd probably like them more.