Ports and remasters

How do you feel about 3DS games coming to the switch? with rune factory 4 coming as well, what other games do you think could work?

Attached: alliance.jpg (630x601, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2019/03/the-alliance-alive-hd-remaster-announced-for-ps4-switch-and-pc
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/Pz9Kv-8TWN59ttLnQcwp0w/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bravely Default and Second, which are almost assured.

Wouldn't be a sequel to those? I haven't been following. I actually just bought those two for the 3DS

>From being exclusive to 3DS to multiplatform on home consoles.

I like that. Hopefully the trend continues.

That game was the most "meh" RPG on the 3DS.

Having pirated the 3DS version I'll probably pay for the PC port since I enjoyed the game, but I'm expecting a lot of brainlet complaints about muh chibi muh too short once it releases

I think they'll make an HD collection in preparation for a sequel, it's easy money.

the switch is basically a glorified 3DS to begin with so it makes sense.

I wonder how they're going to transition the Eetrian Odyssey/persona q games to the switch, or if I suppose. Feels like a pretty popular franchise, but it's hard to imagine it without the ability to draw and edit your map on the fly.

I actually think the 3ds being on its way out is a damn shame, the system is so much more comfortable to play jrpgs on, as well as having a much, much better battery life. As much as I love the switch, it just frankly isn't a great portable.

Maybe use motion controls for maps? I don't actually have the thing yet so just talking out of my ass

They're not going to, it'll get rebooted or become a mobile game

The Switch has a touch screen, you know. And other dungeon crawlers have had map making you could pop open with a button press.
They already hinted at moving onto the Switch. Stop being a melodramatic faggot for no reason.

Fucking kid icarus please

Probably something close to what Super Mario Maker 2 is doing. Bring up an edit interface with the press of a button, then use the touch screen in handheld mode and either the stick and buttons or the pointer in docked mode. Not as immediate (except in handheld mode), but it does the job.

mad cuz I'm right
Just look at teaser, looks like generic gacha instead of anything like EO

The switch has a touch screen, sure, but that isn't going to be accessible while docked. I know there are some rhythm games that can be played only portable, but I don't see them doing that for a major release like Etrian Odyssey. I'm sure they could just automate the map like every other atlus game, but that ruins a huge amount of the appeal. Also, the 3ds had a stylus, which was a huge part of what made it so good, it's almost a shame the games never got a HD wii u port.

I hope it continues. I have a 3DS but I don't even feel like hacking it. I just can't bring myself to play games on it anymore.
If they ported all the best 3DS games to Switch I'd be happy.

>As much as I love the switch, it just frankly isn't a great portable
I understand what you mean in terms of games like Etrian Odyssey, but I've been having an amazing time playing stuff like Tales of Vesperia and Atelier on it, it feels just as comfortable as playing Shin Megami Tensei IV on 3DS felt. It's definitely way more similar to the Vita than to the 3DS though.

That sounds really fucking cumbersome in a game like Etrian Odyssey, unless they severely downplay the map drawing. I could see them compromising and only needing to mark off points of interest and doors, but it would be a pretty glaring change to the structure of the game imo.

I don't know, I trust they'll figure something out.

There’s more 3DS games that are actually games than anything else

I’m surprised they haven’t put out a patch or updatethat let’s 3DSs connect to the Switch
They can already share friend codes why not take it a step further?

Ever Oasis would be great

wut

Probably just square off things so you can make Areas of interest more quickly

I wish that game was bigger, in popularity and content

I'm not a graphicsfag by any means, but getting used to PS3, Vita and original console jrpgs on the Switch makes a straight port like Rune Factory 4 look rather unappealing. For comparison's sake, I'm fine with how both Pokémon Let's Go and Sword and Shield look, so when we're talking ports of 3DS games, I hope they can put some work in the remastering process to make them presentable in HD.

As in not movies or glorified tech demos
3DS couldn’t run any of that over the top normie shit

I'm hoping something like this happens for pokemon bank, they have yet to say how or if that's going to happen, I have a complete pokedex that I want to hang onto.

There was an app like that to connect the 3ds to smash bros for wii u, but honestly with the 3ds as it is I doubt they are going to invest much more time into projects like that.

I agree, user. I barely even remember it.

I imagine pokemon will cause them to do that for people to transfer their mons from the 3DS, I don't think they would make you buy pokemon bank just for that. then again there's paid online

Did you ever play the Monster Hunter 3 port to the wii u? ran on essentially the same code as the 3ds version, but it was absolutely gorgeous (honestly it looked much nicer than the switch monster hunter game.)

If that could be the baseline for 3ds ports, you'd never have any issues with graphics.

>don't think they would make you buy pokemon bank just for that
user...

Its fine I think
There were more games that were distractingly ugly to look at on the 3DS than the DS

3ds pirate fags, does the FBI app still work or has nintendo shitcanned that?

I rather have sequels instead of remakes.

Duh, there's an example of the same thing on Switch already, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. The issue is that MH games on 3DS were already very advanced-looking, so it's relatively easier to make them look good in HD. Something like Rune Factory is a bit too simple and plain for an easy up-res, I think. I'm not worried about RF5 since I expect that to be built from the ground up or at least use Frontier/Oceans as a basis. I think The Alliance Alive HD also has the potential to look pretty decent if they put care into it.

Also I'd love more SRPGs on the thing, pic related, update the chibi models.

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 15K)

Sadest part of this is that it will be the same shit but on a higher resolution. Theres your remaster

Fuck, if the remnants of Neverland could bring Rune Factory back to life, so should those of Imageepoch with Stella Glow, they had something special.

Let's positive thinking user!
Though this guy is probably right

Already have it on PC with Citra and i bet you it will look the exact same as the emulator

That's literally all a remaster is though. If they redid the assets it'd be a remake.

>"HD Remaster"
This is a mistranslation right? The game is like 1-2 years old

3DS games are already coming to Switch, for $60.

Attached: screen-shot-2019-02-13-at-2-40-01-pm.png (970x548, 715K)

MHXX. or whatever it's name is in Japan, has crossplay between the 3DS and Switch version.
It's not impossible.

And the problem with that is that the game is not that visually impressive or appealing and colors are garbage. Pretty damn grey and nothing pops. So a HD remaster of this hame is gonna be no better than running the game on Citra.

It's not impossible. The director recently came back, made a new company and is working on a new (PC and mobile though) Criminal Girls game, which was also previously developed by Imageepoch.

Shit, that probably was gonna be a 3DS game

return bravely second, it's bad

How much did the game use the second screen?

I cant finish this game, its so meh

Bad meme.

Shit taste weeb.

Actually, it would be really great if they ported over the Strange Journey redux release from last year, that game isn't really graphically stunning but it's a pretty great game, would be nice to see it get a bit more love in the west.

Is xbox the new nintendo?
>coming to pc, ps4 and switch!
so many games are doing this.

Oh yeah
Still the 3DS could still have a long life though a more background dancer life

Porting a port is just silly, though I also love strange journey.

>Porting a port is just silly
Hi user, John Capcom here. Are you going to buy the Ace Attorney Trilogy HD, releasing on Switch next month? This is only the fourth generation in a row it's been available on a Nintendo handheld, don't miss it!

Only if it comes with some professor Layton on the side

Level 5 is putting up HD remasters of the games on mobile, so maybe they'll make a collection once they're done.

It's coming to PS4 too this time

Is this legit? Holy shit!

Attached: 1550156152491.jpg (960x726, 284K)

gematsu.com/2019/03/the-alliance-alive-hd-remaster-announced-for-ps4-switch-and-pc

It's coming on PC and PS4, too. You dumb fuck.

What kind of game is this anyway? Looks cute

Spiritual successor to SaGa series. They even have the same composer, M. Hamauzu.
Thank you, user!

Seems everyone in the thread is a bit iffy on it, is the game any good? I'd never heard about it until this thread.

>3DS
>bought

Attached: 1538983191792.png (223x218, 18K)

One of the best RPGs on 3DS, if you ask me.

I liked it

Attached: 08f7e8b2f7b4cdea51809f0e1233fb55bb67ae09873b30181362425672b4285b_1.gif (400x300, 1.97M)

Come at me

Attached: crawling chaos.gif (360x263, 623K)

I'd say its more of a younger sibling than successor. SaGa is still going strong, and Alliance Alive isn't as advanced as SaGa games tend to be.

Alright bitch you asked for it

Attached: 1524863385050.jpg (349x250, 24K)

Mentally ill.
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/Pz9Kv-8TWN59ttLnQcwp0w/

All me get mad.

would jesus lose in a fight against nyarlathotep?

>The director recently came back,
What I thought he died after Stella Glow bombed. Rumors about borrowing from the Yakuza then failed to pay them back and whatnot.

Somehow that does not seem impossible with the mentally challenged console war shitposters posting those images.

>Jesus
>losing

Attached: 1544823580204.jpg (260x273, 61K)

He disappeared for like a year and a half until one day he suddenly popped up again with a new company that somehow still owns Imageepoch's IPs.

I hope he still has his thumbs.

>which are almost assured.

From your asshole, right? Your dad works at Nintendo. This is the new way of saying I have insider information, the "absolutely confirmed/its assured" line.

>I used Vivian with an Axe for the majority of the game.
>Gave my Vivian an Axe.

I'm actually kinda surprised to hear someone else gave Vivian axes as well. That was pretty much my first instinct after her chapter started up for reasons I'm not sure of, and she had been cleaning up battles and sparking skills left and right. Is it actually common for players to give her axe weapons?

Who shat in your cornflakes?

"Which are very likely". Is that better?

Attached: download.jpg (940x529, 97K)

Jesus have plot armor, sure. But he looks like a bitch. I'd put my money on some eldritch abomination.

I never bought it because it was digital only in Eurostani, it is probably still gonna be digital only here, but a PC version is worth getting it digitally

Okay, you finally took the word "glorified" to the meme stage. Will it be the next literally?

EO is continuing for at least one more title, and its gonna be a moba trash

What I hope for is to be able to drag the map out to fit half the screen

I only pirate PC games.

I hope Hackura puts Uprising on the Switch

Attached: 78C8D6B7-61A3-40D3-B588-80EDF9604847.png (949x996, 1.02M)

That would probably be ideal. And you can change which side of the screen it shows up depending on which hand you use.

You have to wait 20 more years

nah I just thought she looked funny with this huge axe in her hand
she did damn good damage though

nice

Attached: alliance alive fa1.png (1500x1071, 1.63M)

They need to fix the speed and the flow of the combat, which is my biggest complait with the game.

That's great, it means that Cattle Call is doing good, which means more games.
It's good mechanically, since it's a SaGa-Lite, meaning it's already light years better than most other JRPGs by default.
Problem is that it's very easy compared to SaGa games, meaning there's not much you can do with the mechanics they give you unless you go out of your way to try something new because you're bored.
Still, it's more or less a SaGa game meets Suikoden, unfortunately Scarlet Grace kinds of blows it away in that sense since you have more or less five times the recruitable characters, but AA does give you the standard Suikoden base building which Scarlet does not.

Great time to be a SaGa fan, I'm really happy for Koizumi as well, let's hope this game does well enough for them to get enough money for more entries.

Enhanced Port:
Stella Glow, SMTIV, Senran Kagura Burst 1&2

I don't want a port, I want sequels.
Project Mirai, DeSu3

>no Etrian Odyssey
Don't care

Attached: 1544613073906.png (450x450, 144K)

Clearly not because EO only works with dual screens

Have you forgotten they are working on the next installment?

Like I said earlier itt it will be a shitty mobage or a hard reboot ghat is nothing like EO
Ports are the last thing you're getting

We will see. At best is gonna be a spiritual successor, so is a bit delusional to expect another Etrian. It can't be Etrian anymore.

Nice list user, if the switch doesn't get persona 5 like the rumors say, devil survivor would be the next best thing

there are 3ds games i've always wanted to play.
on the other hand i want to play console tier titles on my so called """""console""""".

no physical I take it. At least not for yuropoors.

It was great, and it had the best soundtrack after SMT4

I bricked my 3DS trying to softmod it so I'm happy about the ports.
I hope they port over and fix DQ7.

Was hoping Cattle Call would make a new game, but whatever.