Poe patch notes

So patch nots dropped:

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2333648

I dont know what to think...

Attached: Path-of-Exile.png (357x250, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pathofexile.com/trade
youtube.com/watch?v=jojMV60ntBE
youtube.com/watch?v=llf0La6nH5Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*notes

>brands nerfed
rip fast leveling

>we want people selfcasting more!
>let's just give spells a blanket buff and not touch trap/mine/spell totem/whatever support
Am I missing something here?

>nothing new for melee
Fucking EPIC

stronger self cast so you can die even faster when you run reflect maps
just remove shit map mods if you don't want people to use proxies

The slayer nerf was just brutally unnecessary
I'm looking forward to trying out the new anger on vivinsict, and new spark + orb of storms though, and once I've got some shekels to my name I plan to fund an eb+mom hiero with 4k life and 8k ES for the funsies

Attached: putting the life back in blue life.jpg (1920x1060, 615K)

Pretty sure they said they're working on melee but it won't get a proper overhaul until the nex major patch, aka 4.0

poe is shit. Boring ass garbage

Sorry, not everyone plays games on their phones.

Has anyone been able to make the 1k DPS axe yet?

I agree stop it.

Typical fortnite brainlet

They've tried that many times and they have have never succeeded. GGG will never make melee useful outside of a few "melee" skills that should never have been called melee.

>Playing fortnite
Try again

>GGG will never make melee useful outside of a few "melee" skills that should never have been called melee.
Uninstalled excuse me grim dawn...

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO PLAY HELP ME BROS

i been trying to pick something for 2 hours and i'm failing.

>tfw have retail work friday to mondays.
>will miss the first 5 days fucking again.

whish I didnt have to work but gotta pay mr. jewish porky for my classess.

When will Tencent add the fortnite battle pass to the western PoE release?

Shock Nova looking pretty gud
Might do an assassin

>Added a new Intelligence Skill Gem - Bane
that's a big buff

What is the point after they destroyed Dominating Blow? Path of Exile is over.

To be fair, in order for GGG to make melee viable would be to globally lower pack size modifiers and boost drop rates on single targets.

The meta is AOE pack clearing because thats the fastest way to make a ton of currency.

Once again they show they balance the game around those who basically play it as their job.

>righteous fire chieftain still same

>frostblades assassin still same

help me brothers, be the coin flip for me, which one of the two

oh look, more F2P grindy content that's only reason for existance is to waste even more time doing mundane shit.
as if the mine wasnt enough already

Either this or just make magic immunity a thing.

>tfw you will never have +100 minions again

Attached: 1549996729835.jpg (1200x1000, 165K)

>Wilson on podcast : 'all spells will be buffed'
>in reality only a handful spells got big buffs that matter and rest were meaningless shit like 2 more damage and slightly lowered mana cost
Well he wasn't wrong but he could've chosen his words better. Arc, winter orb will still be strong as fuck and skills like Arctic Breath will still be shit because they don't understand what's wrong with them.

I guess the game will stay pretty much the same until 4.0. If the 3.7 doesn't make big changes to melee, I'm probably done for this game until the 4.0 expansion.

PoE is complete shit.

artificial skill tree lol
choose only life or energy shield skills or get rekt

They don't need to make real melee as absurd as some of the bullshit people use, but they need to give it some actual advantages. As it stands, real melee kills slower, deals less damage, has lower survivability and requires higher investment. Something like fortify would have been a good idea, but they went full retard and didn't add in anything that prevents spellfags from using it. Playing melee is just purposely gimping yourself for no reason.

Fuck the Arc changes, nothing will ever be as fun as shattering two screens worth of mobs with arc mines.

>choosing life
Good one, kiddo. I can see you haven't played the game in some time.

Again, problem with melee is it doesn't offer any strengths because the entire game is all about map clear speed, pack size modifiers, ect.

In order to make melee good and viable they'd have to make single targets valuable and hard to kill with spells, problem is most bosses in the game right now aren't worth clearing even in maps unless its shaper or elder, and even then those bosses have add phases.

Also they need to nerf concentrated effect since its an easy swap for AOE spell builds, and make it so AOE can never scale as high as raw melee hits.

>still no AH
Into the trash it goes.

Just add a quantity bonus for real melee skills, and which only applies to garbage enemies so that spellfags can't swap to it just for bosses.

What about, a support gem that causes things you kill with linked melee attacks to cause monsters to explode in bonus loot like barbarian's find item in d2?

pathofexile.com/trade

I think allowing us to use melee abilities by clicking on them while moving at the same time, without interrupting movement, and adding a short cooldown to melee skills but also somehow allowing us to viably builds towards running with 2-3 melee abilities would make melee fun to play and be able to compete with ranged.

I'm imagining like using a mobility skill, for example leap slam or maybe whirling blades. And you have three melee skills in one gem supported by multiple support gems, or whatever. One of them is Sweep, another is Glacial Hammer, and the third one is Sunder. Now, imagine all of these abilities to be much stronger than they are today when used once, with a ~2-3 seconds cooldown, but also being able to be used while on the move without incurring any global cooldown whatsoever.

I think that'd make melee much more interesting, fun and viable to play.

>Lowered the range at which Arc can chain from 50 units to 25 units.
well fuck

PoE is complete shit.

The game is called path of nerfs. Fuck these games i don't give a fuck if my character can one shot a super mega hyper boss QUIT KILLING FUN YOU CUNT FAGGOTS!

I have the same problem, because all the builds play like SHIT.

>synthesis
can I synthesize stash tabs or is the game still p2w garbage?

>choosing life
Good one, kiddo. I can see you haven't played the game in some time.

Attached: SmugeDance.gif (296x296, 1.23M)

>
PoE is complete shit.

>srs nerfed
>was expecting a buff since its the weakest of all the minion spells right now
FUCK.
on the other hand cold discharge has been buffed and my last cospri raider did all content on a budget. guess ill play that again.

It was way overbuffed and you know it
That's all GGG does nowadays anyway, deliberately overbuff then nerf shortly afterward to promote tourism of different forced metas instead of a balanced game

This is why i quit fuck this game to hell.

>nerfed lech
>nerfed minions
>nerfed arc
guess i'm back to sunder
wait maybe it was nerfed too

3.7.0 is apparently gonna be a melee revamp.

*the first part to a melee revamp
They already stated it will likely take several versions

Why exactly did Death's Aura get a damage increase? That already felt way too easy last league

Meh what's the fucking point, the damn thing doesn't run on my toaster anymore, even when I put it on 800x600 windowed with the runescape graphics, they added too much shit, changed the graphics too much, increased the monster density too much, on the last league because it was the map monsters PLUS the events, I'd constantly get 5 fps and die. Honestly regret buying all those tabs.

Attached: 1550981816365.gif (272x281, 1.99M)

Hoooooly shit, look at all those nerfs. Does anyone know what the challenge rewards look like? I might just skip this league entirely if they're all shit.

Pretty much a protos probe for a pet, a crown and some wings, your standard shit.

i've always wanted to find this game fun but never managed to.
if i just pick it up, try to rush through the story and craft the first fun build i can by myself without really knowing much, will i have fun? how many hours it is to reach the lategame if you go a bit hasty?

i've always wanted to find this game fun but never managed to.
You never do. You spend 3 short months 20 hours a day 7 days a week getting nowhere or getting bored if you managed to get to end game. I'll never waste my time with this hot garbage again i rather go back to diablo 2 or grimdawn hell i'll wait for diablo 4 and see how that is.

>tfw they will never, ever, ever do an armour set reward again
i'm fucking frustrated

yeah, the new self cast support gems and buffs/changes to support gems???

...you don't know what p2w means, do you?

>You spend 3 short months 20 hours a day 7 days a week getting nowhere
Uhhh what? You can get to shaper in around 20 hours and then just optimize your build or quit and make a new build

>gives significant benefit to people who pay that you cannot get without paying
p2w.
>UMM YOU CAN JUST HOLD LESS STUFF
so i'm at a disadvantage if I don't pay?
yeah, p2w.

you can have alt accounts to hold stuff, it's just inconvenient and slow.

I might stick around long enough to grab the pet and then fuck off back to Standard to dick around with my golemancer, if that's the case.

i have 200 hours in poe but i'm done, i find it boring now. i just don't enjoy spending like 15 hours levelling up through the campaign just to get to.. maps.. idk it's just not satisfying. maybe levelling should be shorter process, i'd play more if alts were more encouraged

Why the fuck do you "want to" find something fun? You either find it fun or not. If it's not fun don't play it. Anyone who says:
>I wanted to like it
>I wanted to find it fun
is a fucking tard.

Attached: 1551660449655.jpg (6720x6720, 2.93M)

Your missing a body chuckle nuts.

standard ssf is the superior game mode because you can just amass several leveled characters and never do the fuck awful story again

>he needs 3 months to get to maps

youtube.com/watch?v=jojMV60ntBE

Attached: really.jpg (594x439, 37K)

youtube.com/watch?v=llf0La6nH5Y

4.0 COMPLETE CONTROL

>chieftan
>frostblades assassin
you must have some weird attachment to these things

what are they going to do !?
the auto attack animation is a literall "5 frames poke the stick"

they could add new skill gems but these will have to be aoe to even be viable. evrything in this game is aoe spam fest. no way you can make melee viable with this system.

Attached: 1535391857289.jpg (956x711, 166K)

This, gonna go fast.

>Becuase we want more self-caster all other options must be nerfed

I was thinking about this for a second and it kinda reminded me that fork is now a positive damage support now, possibly making lightning strike really good now

If.you can't reach maps in 6 hours you're mega bad

Anyone use a vaal double strike starter? How much do you gotta pump into it to do endgame content after acts?

Your game is shit

It's taking me around 8-9 hours at the start of the league but i'm fucking around doing sidequests and shit, i'm also SC pussy

Ice Nova nerf, rip CoCbros

I miss when PoE was good before Reddit tookover

This. You should aim for sub 5 hours to get to maps. It's very easy to accomplish if you just skip all enemies and stay 2 levels below the map level.

Not as big as it might look thanks to the reduced cast time

>CoC
>cast time

Now that arc/cascade is nerfed to hell, what currently looks like the best totem build and what character is it on?

Attached: 1332079014485.jpg (241x209, 7K)

You mean the new support gems that can probably be applied to the proxies as well? Unless they can't, which wasn't stated in their patch notes description, and even then, intensity is fucking shit (lol @ not moving in this game) and I guess we'll need to see how fast unleash charges up to see if it's even worth it.
No, but I was under the impression that their spell revision was partly due to this reason and they'd just buff all spells while needing proxies a bit, making proxy-casting the same but self-casting stronger.

>Playing Path of Trade simulator.

Attached: poe.png (681x199, 11K)

Brands or anything you want really. Totems are pretty strong on their own

If this game didn't have such a great economy system with scamers all over the place it would be dull.

Brands got nerfed I think? Single target was horrible for me anyways.

you should care about clear speed and not single target damage if you play totems.

Totems are ok. Brands was my issue.

>Death's Aura
deaths oath was really underpowered for endgame. sure you can comfortably do t12-13 but beyond that its hard to do enough damage. it just didnt cut it for endgame. you had to supplement its damage with other skills. on its own it wasnt that good. rf was the far superior choice.

the game runs better and better though. your toaster must be really old.
you gotta set it to dx11 and turn on engine multithreading. i get up to 300 fps on a fucking 760gtx. performance is steadily improving.
if you cant maintain your desired framerate turn on dynamic resolution.

>it gets good 100+ hours in on your third character!
yeah, no thanks

Attached: 1538254690414.jpg (700x705, 67K)

this. being able to play the market and being encouraged to do so is a great feeling.
its similar to eve online. a completely playermade economy.

Had the same issue untill i got the keystone that lets you attach a second brand.

Personally would probably start with the new soulrend spell and see how it goes.

as if you were going to do something more valuable with those 100 hours

@benislod69 Hi, I would like to buy your Dunes Map (T7) listed for 3 chisel in Standard (stash tab "TRADING LUL"; position: left 4, top 7)

Repeat x20 until somebody finally replies. Then repeat x20 for the next map the elder decided to spawn on. This is fucking awful and really makes me not want to play the game.

Attached: 1429088639259.jpg (1000x812, 198K)

elder was the worst thing they added to they game, chasing that piece of shit has never been fun and you basically have to if you want to progress in maps which you need to do if you want to do delves, incursions, betrayals, etc. Everything is locked behind running maps, so what you have to do is spam-run maps if you want to find masters, but that messes up your shaper/elder influence which you need to manipulate to get the orbs to get shaped/elder maps.

>He doesn't know how to manipulate elder spawns
I pitty the fool

That would explain it, thanks. I stopped at somewhere around T12 last league, so I didn't get the whole picture

>put CoC in the game
>it kills servers and causes immense powercreep
>they nerf a ton of spells into the ground and never bring them back
>keep CoC in the game and take years to finally tune spells back up

Shoehorn everyone into their Archetype garbage, in a game that got popularity about being unique and trying new shit. Cause they want the smoothbrain noob bucks.

Loreweave nerf good. As now people will actually want to wear Rare crafted chests.
>lose 5% dmg lose 23% flat at low levels
>durrr it deadddd
>when it already was OP af and just got a light tap

Do you people even read? Or just see lower numbers and cry RIP

If you haven't caught on to GGG's 'style' yet you might be missing some common sense.

>hatred nerf
>1h crafted nerf
>gimping Life Leech further while giving more love to ES

Com'on there's lots of good changes

Blame the shitters doing niche stuff. Scion caused it to get the bat, just like CoC caused a lot of these spells to get nerfed in the first place.

Leech was too strong, and there's some fucker on the balance team who hates 'OP' shit. Cept they bumble with their nerfs like Block.

Can't wait til 'melee buff league' and they completely gut block.

Attached: 1551351639508.jpg (500x500, 58K)

elder will spawn on the same tier of map you're running currently. This makes spawning uber elder to farm him easier than spawning yellow or red elders, which you need to do to get orbs

>plz buy a supporter pack pleb

They say they want people to stick around and play longer. A pair of gaudy over designed wings aren't that.

Vs the good old days of experiencing HC and trying Default to get both blue/red sets. Gave actual motivation for people to dip into HC if they didn't usually play, vs dead league now.

Shockwave totems look nice and basic. Throw in some conversion.

Also Spork and Fireball totems might be back on the menu. EK nova as well.

It's because of masters and influence shit every pleb is buying maps they don't have and need 1 of. The lowest price for maps never works, because everyone is messaging that person. You need to go up a few people and you'll get instant trade. Everyone runs maps so demand is high.

Attached: ebnetvfgdse21.jpg (4032x3024, 1.11M)

>buying singular maps in standard
rofl

I would go step further
>Playing standard
kek

Did they accidentally make Trickster too strong again?

I fully realize this game is preying on my addictive tendencies. Whenever I reinstall it, it consumes whole days of my life that I KNOW I could have spent playing something more fun.

>The lowest price for maps never works, because everyone is messaging that person. You need to go up a few people and you'll get instant trade. Everyone runs maps so demand is high.

Fair enough. Still, having to whisper people, join their party, join their hideout, trade, leave party and go back to your hideout for commodity items like maps is completely pointless and a waste of time.

Don't get me wrong, I've talked to many people after a trade, like "What build do you need this item for?". But fuck off with this shit when trading maps or currency or any of that.

It's not good to lie to yourself like that, it's addictive because it's fun.
Also
>game is preying on my addictive tendencies
retard, don't say someone is making you do shit that would mean you are just a pupet but maybe you are idk

Stop posting kekstab

not him, but I haven't played in a while, now ES is the balls again? I haven't played since CI was god tier.

not, him but ES was buffed in several ways last league. Base ES nodes, stacking +% quality on items, ascendency reworks, easy fossil crafting.

ES is seemingly buffed this time too with all the leech and shit. I might actually try it this league now

Please tell me Syndicate fucks off and won't be added to core.

Read patchnotes
it's core now

Great, so since Tencent takeover we're just adding every shitty mechanic to core for endless bloat.

it's almost as if they're designing leagues to add to the core game or something

So what's the strongest no totem build to faceroll the game without needing stupid high gear investment like 400co golems and shit.

>stupid high gear investment
>400co
Wat? 1ex was almost 200 chaos this league on SC.

>Great, so since Tencent takeover we're just adding every shitty mechanic to core for endless bloat.

That's how it always was though. The only league that wasn't added to legacy is Cutthroat and it was awesome. Fuck you GGG for not making it part of the core gameplay.

Also fuck tencent.

will never understand why harbinger wasn't fully added

dude, PoE is literally designed to be (quote) played forever.
Its as f2p garbage as it gets.
And this point I even wish they'd let me buy items to bypass the terrible grind and bloat in this game

>buying items for real money when most people can get in 4 hours to endgame and beat all the bosses in another 4 hours

Attached: brainlet.png (205x246, 5K)

This. I'm curious as to why China gets all these QoL stuff (some at a price) and the West gets nothing but overpriced MTX. They get free character respecs. That's all I'm asking for.

>My build is so defensivily shit that I get destroyed vy nerfed sindycates.
It is Anarchy all over again

faceroll league starter builds?
no totems, no sunder

storm brand

Arc

Well that's dumb, if you chose HC you've implicitly agreed that you're willing to be locked into a kill or be killed scenario.

Buy a private league?

you cant buy2win in private leagues, you can only play either normal mode or with added difficulty modifiers

are there any drawbacks to storm brand? and I assume it has to be witch based?