Do you think Nintendo characters could benefit from having actual personalities and opinions and actually talking and...

Do you think Nintendo characters could benefit from having actual personalities and opinions and actually talking and engaging with the characters and situations around them, instead of being purely gameplay puppets?

Not necessarily as a permanent change in the main series, just in one-off side games. The brand value of western mascots isn't nearly as safeguarded and they're doing fine, so that's not an excuse.

Attached: link.gif (400x400, 3.93M)

No
They should remain gameplay puppets forever
We've seen enough bad results, especially from outsider medias, to discourage any attempt

>instead of being purely gameplay puppets?
They're not though

Spirit Tracks Zelda was the best.

They are though

Attached: 45466202.png (680x544, 479K)

______________slut______________

Attached: 20190306.jpg (640x640, 59K)

>NO I DON'T WANT DEEP COMPLEX PERSONALITIES IT'S TOO MUCH FOR MY LITTLE BRAIN I HATE STORIES I JUST WANT HEROE SAVED GIRL STORIES MAKING A DEEP STORY IS NEVER A GOOD IDEA REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
But with all honest here, Nintendo games don't need characters with personalities of their own, cause of how shit Nintendo is at making a likeable personality for their heroes, they seem to stick with the formula of "heroe is embodiment of (bravery or wisdom or good etc.)" and it seems to work out for them, so whatever

Attached: 282N09648_4W36L.jpg (1112x2000, 638K)

These are always only good for CD-I Link

It's not that they don't want, it's that they're too incompetent to do it, see Pokemon vs Digimon

Punch-Out characters have personality

It'd be nice to have a genuine Link+Zelda romance in one of the games, the safe relationship they have got kinda old

Attached: d69.jpg (1080x5330, 1.38M)

>Samus was a gameplay puppet before
>Other M attempts to give character to Samus
>it’s the worst game in the entire franchise and commits character assassination on what little character she did have prior to it
Nah, no thanks

Isn't the blame for Other M on Team Ninja?

Mainly Sakamoto actually. TN didn’t influence the plot very much. They just delivered a mediocre, but okay gameplay experience. Not the best but it was functioning

Leave social politics to Snoy, Ubishit and EA.

>gif
>literally rape
the 90s sucked

engaging character is just double talk for "self insert who would do what I think they would do"

>t. Retard who doesn't play Nintendo games

There is literally nobody better at this than the guys at Nintendo.

Attached: BS4Bf.jpg (1057x1599, 140K)

Cartoon Link is based

Fucking Based

God, I love Majora's Mask

Attached: 1544759242193m.jpg (579x1024, 82K)

Its not about gameplay puppets. Most characters are left vagueish in nintendo games so that the player can fill in the gaps themselves. It makes a more interesting experience.