Can we talk about this game for a second?

Can we talk about this game for a second?

I mean its actually quite fun once you get into it.

Attached: 35677575678.jpg (250x354, 27K)

Giant Bomb thread?

Star Trek is gay though.

I was playing this yesterday and there were a surprising number of trump supporters.

I played it when the game launched. Warhammer should've been the MMO to survive till now. Star Trek's faggy as fuck.

Too bad warhammer games have no quality control. They just give the licence to anybody,

Reckoning was phenomenal. The current state of the Warhammer license is irrelevant.

Ded game. Went full STD, now is losing a much-beloved, if annoying to develop, feature. You can feel the loss of passion in the last year, since the DS9 stuff ended and the new EP came on. I've put hundreds, perhaps thousands, of dollars into this game. Doomposters gonna doompost, but I'm honestly thinking this game is dying.

Attached: 44783269.jpg (461x403, 102K)

Is it really still going? It seemed like it was dying by the end of the Giant Bimb videos like 7 years ago or whenever that was. Amazing.

what are they removing? I haven't played in a while

They're removing the Foundry because they no longer have anyone on staff that knows how the fuck it works or how to stop it from breaking with every new patch.

I wish they hadn't embraced STD, all that content is just embarrassing after cutting the long awaited Gamma Quadant update down to the bare bones just to work on it.

I just ignore the STD crap.

They game is still pulling in 100,000 player daily

The space combat is pretty gud, it feels quite tactical and is hard to master.

If you ignore it, then there's nothing there.
Hell, even if you don't ignore it, there's not much more than nothing there, because there's no content besides a new queue once every two months. They've even all but stopped doing the fiction blogs.

Damn, I'm actually kinda sad to hear that. I played alot from just before new Romulus to the Dyson sphere, and really enjoyed it.

Kept trying to get back into it but there was always too much to do and I floundered quite a bit. Foundry was good though, some of the missions were really well put together.

Attached: 1520812192328.jpg (1536x1152, 275K)

STO was a dead man walking the moment the Chinese bought Cyptic. They're in full "milk the whales for all they're worth while spending as little as possible" mode now.

I've been waiting for a star trek thread.
What does Klingon pussy feels like?

Attached: klingon Quark.jpg (1304x826, 108K)

>STO was a dead man walking the moment the Chinese bought Cyptic.
That was over seven years ago bro.

Yes and the game has been on a downward slide ever since.

Like warm gagh

What is there even to do in STO, like if I get stuck on one of the story missions what do I do to level up until I can beat it?

>literally got significantly better immediately once bought out
>revenues increasing every year
>creatively getting better until STD took over
>downward slide for seven years

Attached: 1545116034326.jpg (666x1214, 103K)

> stuck on a story mission
Yeah no that won't happen.

The Delta Rising expansion damn near killed the game but sure, let's go with your version of events.

I legitimately did, it was a Gorn Hostage Vessel, I had to take it down low enough to be able to beam the hostages aboard.

I absolutely dropped the game once STD came about in the game, Gamma Quadrant was great and they were the best episodes. You could tell the VAs were at their game in it. Plus the Ferengi episode.

Tell me captain, if the Federation is so great then why are there no good Star Trek games?

Attached: dukat baseball.jpg (356x512, 42K)

I like how PVP is just a bunch of faggots running disrupter builds.

played it for over 2 years from 2010 to 12. it was good back then, now idk... seen new dlc bundle they sell. $120 for some lame ships... are they getting desperate, that they sell dlcs now instead of releasing free expansions?

Used to play it. I like that people could create custom missions.

All they do is sell overpriced ships now. Content expansions are free, what few there are now.

PvP was always a bunch of faggots especially on the KDF side.

>removing the Foundry
Really? Then yeah, that's very bad.

>no cardassian faction in sto
>and just to rub it in, cadassians are in star fleet

They make all the money off lootboxes.

that's what i don't like about the game now, when I played there were only T5 ships, which were better than the free T4, but you could do with just a T4 and play happily. now there is T6, you don't get anything free that can compare... shitty practice. I know, f2p game, but still, quite shitty...

Attached: downed cat.png (766x533, 428K)

I started playing after they added t6 ships so I'm not familiar with how the game played then but I did ok with the tier5 ship they gave me and have unlocked plenty of free t6s since then. I even built some damn near unkillible ships and everything I got on them can be made up bought off the exchange or a fleetstore. if you put some high lvl top grade stuff on a t5 and it can still do work.

Attached: 1500684472042.gif (268x200, 903K)

For those that don't know the new STO missions revolve around the STD Mirror Universe where fat Tilly is in charge. Now you know.

I've never seen STD, what is my reaction to this supposed to be.

fat Tilly is a female version of Barclay only more memey

this

Attached: ritualshaming.webm (308x240, 1.97M)

Perhaps an image will help.

Attached: star-trek-online-mirror-of-discovery-captain-killy-1161440.jpg (696x390, 60K)

It was fun when it launched and there were actually people playing it.

Reinstalled it again a few months ago, it's fucking dead m8.

So they have a titty barclay who is a regular character? Oh that must really suck.

I quit the game when the Kobali storyline was new.
They are a horrible race of horrible people and the Federation allying with them was just too much to believe.

Only thing I remember is the PvP. Decloak, activate 50 damage buffs, and obliterate a federation ship in a second flat. Good times.

Voyager was such a shit show and added nothing good beyond 7 of 9's tits.

well then, I might give it another go in that case... I kinda miss the game... one of the comfiest games I've ever played.

Warhammer Fantasy has lucked out with some great titles, unlike 40k.

There a bunch of free weapon and equipment sets you can get from doing missions now, as well as the reputation sets, if you upgrade them to lvl15 with a quality upgrade or two they can make any t5 ship be able to hold their own.

I just started a new character yesterday.

Killy is far less annoying than Tilly.

dropped this game when they announced STD was infecting it. dont really care to go back at this point.

>tfw STO won't ever get repackaged into a single-player game

Really, the MMO aspect feels vestigial.

>watch Incredible Hulk
>fucking DUKAT shows up

Attached: Enterprise E space.webm (1280x544, 2.53M)

I played it when it got out. it was my first mmo. it was fun.

Attached: It's real.jpg (300x300, 14K)

I made a Romulan recently, first time playing. Its fun

Ancient engine is holding it back worse than Fallout 76 and the thing where they had players make missions for them just quit. It's EVE with less autism, but perhaps not enough as the end result is that you just wait for new missions to happen and the mediocre story to keep running through because that's all there is to look forward to. Nothing to send giant-ass fleets at. No great wrestles over territory. Just Clangs slagging any Feddie dumb enough to try and PvP.
Terra Prime Forever.

Attached: file.png (1024x570, 886K)

post your orion slut

Earth-Romulan War when? I want muh space doridos and space dildos and six different variations of the Daed that look like they were made by Toyota in the 80s.

Attached: Earth_Romulan_War_Fed.png (1131x707, 1011K)

Tell me you don't want to pilot this sexy beast?

Attached: 22nd_century_bird_of_prey.png (650x412, 440K)

I would kill to pilot this pill bitch

Attached: Big_Daedy's_Time_To_Shine.png (2000x1081, 3.38M)