Discuss

Discuss.

Attached: ratchet.png (1996x820, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GB-iWq0IhH4
youtube.com/watch?v=Cuu2krVQ5XI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the second was my favourite, felt like it had the most fresh ideas.

gladiator > 1 > 3 > 2 > ToD > everything that comes after > shit > even more shit > PS4 remake

>gladiator first
>3 above 2
>ToD above aCiT
dude what

everything after ToD is nu-R&C, thus trash and if you put it above any of the original R&C games your opinion is immediately invalidated.

ToD is where nu-R&C began you pleb

crack in time was way too short

It literally isn't.
ToD and QfB are part of the originals.
The only reason people have that misconception is because it was the first R&C on PS3.

The only one of these I've ever agreed with

People have that opinion because everything about ToD is the same as the later games. The revised controls, level design and enemy design, the shitty chosen one story lines, the garbage soundtrack, the wannabe pixar art style, etc. etc.

Deadlocked was good.

It was a little lacklustre on its own, but with a friend it was great fun. Shame that the HD version didn't have coop.

3>2>Gladiator>CiT>1>ToD>>>Size Matters>>>Ps4 remake>Secret Agent Clank>Everything else

Attached: I seriously hope you blargs dont do this.jpg (500x375, 30K)

not the worst opinion I've read

Its to hard for me to rank them sorry they are all good, the series had more soul at first but the first game is more clunky, still excelent, the third was the least creative and the most repetitive but had the Best gameplay, as I said they are equally good to me

I feel like the only person ever who prefers 3 over 2. I thiought that the combat and weapon variety was better. Also Annihilation Nation was the best arena (besides gladiator ofc). I also didn't really like the hoverbike races in 2 very much.

A lot of people consider 3 to be the best but that's a plebeian opinion because it's the game with the least content, the least polish and the least variety.

>Return of the King
>Two Towers
>Fellowship of the Ring

In terms of soundtracks, it's 4 = 2 > 1 >>> 3

UyA had too many generic Hollywood tracks and reused music.

For me the soundtrack ranking is 1 > 2 = 4 > 3

I could never finish 2 because my disc was fucked. It'd crash halfway through the ice level.

My Ratchet 1 disc got so scratched that the loading screen for Kerwan would never end.

I can't in any good conscience put 2 above 3 when 2 has the fucking Thugs-4-Less mech

I disagree. 3 pretty much takes on all of the work and polish that was in 1 and 2 and just refined it
a bit more. While it wasn't as much of a leap as it was from 1 to 2 I don't really feel like it was needed as they already had a fantastic formula. Variety I could maybe agree on in terms of just having more minigames and side content to do but I feel like the main content of the game had more stuff in it, and the story, characters and levels were also way better and more memorable. That all said on my personal leaderboard most of the Ratchet games stand very close together in terms of quality.

>I feel like the main content of the game had more stuff in it, and the story, characters and levels were also way better and more memorable.
I have to disagree, the levels were clearly worse than Ratchet 1&2. The design in terms of room layouts and level-specific gimmicks were weaker, the aesthetics and music were weaker, the structure was way more linear.
Marcadia was just a standard cover shooter level complete with chest high wall arenas. Obani Draco wastes fantastic designs on a level that's barely a minute long. Annihilation Nation was literally just an arena, while both of the arena planets in the previous game had complete levels to go with them.
And the characters were definitely worse. The only cool additions in terms of characters were Nefarious, Courtney Gears and the Galactic Rangers. Everyone else was rehashed from one of the previous games.

3 had the vidcomics.

If you wanna talk about weak level design, Ratchet 2 had two worlds that were just giant fields full of crystals and monsters, and one that was just a bunch of tunnels with crystals and monsters. The only new characters I even remember from 2 are Fizzwidget and Angela, Angela grated on my nerves every time she spoke and Fizzwidget technically wasn't even actually a new character. The bosses were weaker than 3's, I personally (it's subjective, though, I'll admit) preferred the side activities in 3, plus the addition of multiplayer was pretty cool.

>If you wanna talk about weak level design, Ratchet 2 had two worlds that were just giant fields full of crystals and monsters, and one that was just a bunch of tunnels with crystals and monsters.
Tabora had the underground tunnels with shooting and platforming, a puzzle section with the freezing gadget, and a glider section.
Grelbin had a glider section, another underground tunnel with combat, and a hypnomatic section.

Deadlocked co-op is the peak of the series.

1:
>best character arcs
>touching moments, eg. Clank's mom, veldin about to get destroyed, clank's broken arm

2:
>more weapon and gadget variety
>more planet variety and a larger sense of scale for the universe
>introduces arenas
>introduces weapon levelling
>introduces better new game plus
>introduces higher adrenaline versions of the hoverboard races (hoverbikes)
>introduces strafing and improves the combat system
>more creative secret locations
>introduces boxbreaker and bolt magnet
>introduces insomniac museum

3:
>smaller than 1 and 2, so it lacks the sense of scale of scale that the first two games had; less original ideas for planets. Less paths to take on each planet. The burger vs sandnigger war-esque planets and soldier missions destroyed the underdog feeling for ratchet in the first 2 games.
>most refined weapons, but also cuts out most of the great stuff from the first two without adding much new
>no race courses
>more clank, this time as a cocky cunt in a tux
>ratchet is the phoenix's errand boy so not as much feeling of freedom or exploration while playing
>vidcomics completely unrelated to the core gameplay that you HAVE to finish
>inferno crates that get rid of the core of the series (using weapons)
>no real sense of closure for the trilogy ala Jak 3
>godawful cramped sewer level with obnoxious to read map, as opposed to the sprawling and atmospheric landscapes of the crystal levels in 2

Why people circlejerk 3 as the pinnacle of the series has always baffled me considering it's barely any different from 2. Did add the best weapon in the series though (liquid nitrogen gun, fuck that meteor gun shit)

I liked them all but could never beat any of them as a kid. I always got too anal over ammo so would just use the wrench and nothing else for the most part. As soon as I used 5 to 10 shots of a gun, I wouldn't use it again until I filled the ammo up. Ended up dying all the time cos some enemies are not wrenchable at all until I gave up. Sometimes I really hate being an aspie

Attached: 1522581804418.png (882x758, 371K)

2 > Gladiator > 3 > ACiT > 1 > ItN > ToD > Q4B > SaC > SM > The PS3 spinoffs

I have played all R/C games bar some spin offs and the remakes, and I will probably play those too someday defs the remake, writing may be terrible but those 1:1 remade levels make me erect. and consider the first 4 games as some of the best PS2 had to offer and 1+2 being among potentially the best of that generation in an already competitive listing.

However, I cannot for the life of me understand anyone who would put any of the future games above any of the original games besides *maybe* Gladiator but the writing of that alone could carry that for myself. ToD was more of 3, and 3 was already a less content and focused version of 2. It also features a painfully generic narrative, now OG games weren't shakespeare but they nailed character writing and satire esp in the first game. ToD was severely lacking in that, Ratchet had grown over the ps2 games but even when he was a good boy post R/C1 he always had a little snark left but by ToD he is a complete boy scout.

ACiT is only better in comparison, the plot is okay, sure Ratchet not seeing the lombaxes is a sacrifice but that plot point of his race being super mega cool just felt lazy too. Planets are even more of a straight line than 3 and the moons are kinda nice but side activities liked that would of been contextualised on the planets themselves in previous games rather than placed onto 4 different textures.

I just wanna hear why anyone would put it above the original games, I genuinely cannot understand.

Attached: bionicle lore.jpg (640x480, 46K)

Fun fact, the ice level was finished by 1 guy within 3 days.
youtube.com/watch?v=GB-iWq0IhH4

Ratchet 2016 is kinda weak desu, especially because of the 1:1 level design. Most of the levels just feel worse because the enemy design and placement doesn't matter any more, it's just strafe & shoot to win. Most of the gold bolts and other secrets are either the same or removed so the exploration is disappointing. The only level which is improved is Gaspar, which now has a crystal hunting section with a jetpack.
The game honestly just feels like a downgrade, but that would have been a lot less disappointing if I was in new levels rather than worse versions of the same levels.

I don't care much for 1 outside the writing. I found the levels kind of bland and never loved it the way I did 2/3/Gladiator.

ACiT is overly linear but has solid mechanics (including the only good Clank sections in the series, fight me) coupled with more emphasis on platforming than the games usually did after 2 which I really appreciated. The storyline is sort of trite and the humour doesn't make me laugh like the PS2 era could but I think it's the only nuR&C game with any actual heart in it.

I agree it's plenty flawed but overall I just enjoyed playing it more than 1 and found the writing decent enough to not drag it beneath the first game even if it was weaker.

3 was literally the worst in the trilogy, yiu tasteless fag.

I'll have to replay the game to see if they hold up but I thought Ratchet 2016's Clank sections were really good. Apart from the constant talking of course.

I'm with you on that CiT Clank sections are the most mechanically engaging ones for him in the whole series, at least the puzzle bits not the lazers. I actually quite liked his sections in R+C1 and think everyone would like them more if his movement speed was *slightly* faster.

I felt level design of 1 was a strong point, each planet bar the Quark Death Course planet at the games mid point had a bunch of different paths and objectives that featured a different mechanic on a per path basis. CiT was an improvement from ToD you're right esp with regaining some platforming but, and this is a much more subjective point given my obvious replay and age bias, I can remember levels of 1 vivid while now I'm struggling to recall any CiT levels bar the one with the grind bots in the desert planet?

I hope I'm not coming off too much 'new game bad old game good' here, just throwing my thoughts.

meant for this guy

Nah you seem reasonable enough. I can see where you're coming from.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Cuu2krVQ5XI

Discuss.

Attached: Untitled.png (1996x820, 1.82M)

3 > 1 > 2 imo
And CiT > ToD > QfB > ItN

2 just has so much worthless and garbage fluff I can't put it at the top

Not sure if I'd put 1 above it though