Beyond Good & Evil 2 will be always-online

>Will we always need an internet connection even if we're playing BGE2 solo? (o_gilgamesh, Twitter)

>Beyond Good and Evil 2 is an online, multiplayer game with a rich co-op and seamless experience. As such, the game will only be playable with an internet connection in order to have seamless navigation, receive dynamic updates, and play with friends (which is certainly better when you're playing as a Space Pirate!). The choice to play co-op, however, remains yours to make, so playing BGE2 solo is absolutely possible if you're into that lone Space Pirate kinda thing...
straight fro the horse's mouth beyondgoodandevil.ubisoft.com/en-us/news/ignt13837-Space-Monkey-Report-#4:-VOD-&-questions-answered

Press S

Attached: fuckmonkey.png (625x416, 510K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IlrIRahS81A
youtube.com/watch?v=jTdcJWDNsao
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Beyond Good and Evil 2 is an online, multiplayer game with a rich co-op

Fucking dropped.

The game has looked like shit literally every time they've shown it. I don't really know what the fuck people are actually expecting.

We got monkey pawed.

>BG&E
>Overated
user...

go back to fortnite you waste of oxygen

There are people who legtimately think that AC games are "the best" and who literally take the collossal hackjob that is a game like Odyssey and believe its good because they wasted over 100hrs on it.

I mean, I dont know either, but they certainly exist. I wish they didn't though.

Still don't understand why they decided to make a small fan favourite game's sequel into this giant godforsaken always-online bullshit title.

Go back to tumblr with your nigger shit game.

They want to turn it into some games as service freak experiment.

What exactly is tumblr about the original BG&E? You probably didn't even play it, you furfag-tier autist.

>remember that thing you liked?
>here it is bigger and better than EVER before!
That retarded mentality is just too prevalent these days

I dont play boring old ps2 games gramps.

Yea Forums has a habit of shitting on games they never played for the sake of attention, user.

Faggot casual hobbyist.

Is Uplay still the disconnecting lagfest?

I thought the first game was alright, so I was actually looking forward to a sequel. At least I was before all the reveals showed that it's pretty much nothing like the first game. The always online announcement was the final nail in the coffin. I won't be playing this.

Remember when Ass Creed 2 did this and people were being constantly disconnected at launch and losing save progress while pirates were playing without issue?

Maybe this will be even worse, like having server side code or whatever

don't you guys have an internet connection?

Attached: sensible PR face.png (860x483, 591K)

is anyone seriously looking forward to this SJW shit that has nothing to do with the original (and all fans have moved on since 15 years)

>modern ubisoft game
>not being games as service
this was always going to be the case. they'll release the roadmap not long after the game is announced. expect season passes and microtransactions too. if only you listened when we told you to stop supporting western trash

Attached: WHITO PIGGU GO HOME.png (1280x2048, 1.98M)

Is anyone expecting this wont be utter and total crap?

but Michel Ancel never had made a bad game before, it will be literally his first turd

>always online live service game
Fuck off Ubi

Is this a jest?

Attached: 1550148597528.jpg (1466x760, 110K)

Do you mean always online as in it will only exist as a topic on the internet and not a real game?

that ubisoft team jumping on stage and all crying was pretty embarrassing

Thanks Ubisoft. I started to get excited for it for a second there.

ホワイト・ピッグ・ゴー・ホーム!

Attached: 1520898172991.jpg (2048x2082, 590K)

>You know that game everyone wants us to make a sequel to? Let's make a sequel that's nothing like what they wanted.

Attached: 1545905789379.jpg (852x737, 83K)

>tfw would've been fine with more 3D zelda-esque BG&E just with a fresh coat of paint

Guess I'll be keeping my money then.

Attached: 0000004062.jpg (640x480, 192K)

Yes. It also still opens holes and exploits in your computer's security wider than a gay man's asscheeks at the Freddy Mercury look-alike contest during San Fransisco Pride Week.

Because it's a "Big publisher" user

Every single game has to be a "Live service" game for them, something that continually takes your money

If they can't make something like that, they will not release it

>always-online
>online, multiplayer game with a rich co-op and seamless experience
Yes, but what KIND of game is it going to be? None of these words actually tell me that.

Wasn't interested in this game anyway, but this is just another reason I wouldn't get it. If developers want to do this online only garbage, then they're not getting my money and can instead suck my cock.

It amost looks like a No Man Sky in a way, they want to make you able to drive all possible ships, they're going to have multiple planets and stuff, but they really haven't told what's the meat of the game. The gameplay shown was quite bad.

why of all possible characters it is kratos who yells about feminism?

this is old news, where the fuck have you been?

lots of people still don't know that cancerous bit of news, though

This is a joke right?
Haha very funny

Quit messin around guys haha

The only thing I'm looking forward to about this is how much they'll get called out as racially insensitive for stereotyping minorities as animals.

In more ways than one.
Because they're fucking retards who think every game has to be some "live service", not so much a game as much as a platform.

I was really hoping that Ancel being involved would mean he wouldn't fall into Ubisoft's bullshit. I guess even he got infected with their cancer.

nu male meme

Attached: 1514589438717.jpg (2952x2672, 1.41M)

If you go look at interview from way back before the first gae came out, the gigantic solar system thing was what they wanted to do in the first place, and the zelda-esque thing what they ended up having to settle for, so it's no wonder that now Ancel can have another go at it and has the tech to do it he's making the game he wanted to make in the first place.

If you didn't already give up your last bit of hope for this game when they showed the FUCK YOU trailer for it then I don't know what else to say. This is the DmC of Beyond Good and Evil.

tha'ts the thing though, sometimes working with limitations is what makes games good, working with huge goals and constantly adding shit might end you with Duke Nukem Forever

The monkey paw is real and its the devils tool.
Can you give a better explanation to games like BGE2 and Deus Ex Invisible War the new Dungeon Keeper that became a phone game and countless others?

I'm not against swearing but shift in tone was really ow the edge material. I liked the lighthearted aspect of BGE1, now making it that thing just makes it the same as every other game today. it's Warrior Within 2.0 all over again.

If THIS is the thing that made you decide you didn't want to play it, fucking kill yourself. It was going to be trash regardless of some always online bullshit.

Games as a service killed another. I hate it.

Dear Ubisoft, remember when Ass Creed was turned into a new IP instead of Prince of Persia, when Watchdogs became its own IP?
Why not do the same with this?

You know this is a niche as fuck game, heck I don't even know how my parents bought it to me, people would have bought it because you got some cool concepts, but you had to shove in BGE all of sudden. WHY?

I wanted to play it because regardless of the shoddy connection to another IP it seemed interesting, having your space pirate crew, since Sea of Thieves forgot to put the game in their tech demo.

But at this point I don't even want to pirate it until I see reviews that give me an idea of what it is, even if for free I don't want to taste the disappointment.

TRIPLE A GAMES AS A SERVICE. Enjoy loot boxes and always alone

Whittu piggu go home?

Cowabunga it is not.

Attached: 1398939210208.png (110x107, 2K)

I'd be fine with that if it's like Ratchet & Clank, where you travel freely between worlds but those worlds still have a focus on that zelda-esque level design. You know, gaining abilities and tools to solve puzzles and unlock more parts of said worlds. Throw in some races and other minigames, while keeping the tone and quirky characters of the original BG&E.

I think there's a demand for that again and all that without forced online and multiplayer.

I wonder if it is just a game simply with always online DRM r this thing is going to have server side stuff like a fucking frankenstein abomination that it's looking like to be, with all those red flags left and right.

Reminder that the voice actress for Jade died after BGE2 was re-revealed.

Attached: 1539022053557.png (1920x1080, 1.2M)

Whatever. Post BG&E music.

youtube.com/watch?v=IlrIRahS81A

Attached: 1548856652500.gif (1280x1889, 3.36M)

Lmao remember when Western games were actually good and not open world borefests and live experiences? At least the Japs mostly separate their blatant money leech gacha from their actual games.

Wgaming might make money but it's been dead since 2011.

Attached: IMG_1456.jpg (500x500, 41K)

Nothings more woke then games as a service

If is late in your country here something more cozy.
youtube.com/watch?v=jTdcJWDNsao

I just found out the game presented by Elijah Wood, "transference" came out, at least that is finished game from 2018, but I feel bad for not knowing anything about it, I wonder if there was even a thread here.

so… AAAAAS?
more like
ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Attached: hqdefaultTGT1QPLS.jpg (480x360, 12K)

OLE OLE

I always wanted a space pirate game like this so I will at least pirate it...

>internet connection in order to have seamless navigation
what? what is this supposed to mean?

>Beyond Good and Evil 2 is an online, multiplayer game with a rich co-op

Why?

they're all excuses pretty much, you don't need to be always online for constant updates at all, it's EXACTLY what EA said for Sims being online only, and for coop there is such a thing as drop in drop out concept

Simcity****

yeah, that is obvious, but I don't even know what he could possibly mean by my quote

is this supposed to be shocking somehow?

Attached: BGE2.jpg (1305x1716, 497K)

>so playing BGE2 solo is absolutely possible if you're into that lone Space Pirate kinda thing...

Why are they looking down on people who like to play single-player? 90% of games ever made are single-player.

Because online games are more popular thesse days so they're trying to brown nose the multiplayer crowd.

how is this quote looking down on anybody, that's just a common phrase, the lone wanderer

not him but it does reek a bit of yeah if you're one of *those* guys yeah whatever you can do it, this is the coop playground, faggot

I think you guys are definitly projecting here

I don't know, it's pretty clear to me their whole focus is on how it is online, and people who want to play alone are the oddballs. Maybe you're right, but it's not exactly uncommon for companies to focus on multiplayer in detriment of single player experience, this game even will boot you if you disconnect, how's that for your SP experience.

>this game even will boot you if you disconnect, how's that for your SP experience.
Well good thing everyone has a stable connection, unless you live in the US or Africa or Italy.

So you think being kicked from a lone playing session of a game is okay? My connection is very stable, but that's not really a good thing in my book to have my single player experience being hostage to having absolutely perfect stability which is not a given anywhere in the world.

I was being sarcastic.
I hope they were not as dumb as Blizzard and put most of the content online to deter piracy, because then fuck them twice as much.

Yeah I really wonder if they'll go even further and make it some server side abomination, and not just some online check DRM like AssCreed 2

I hate gaming, fucking hate this shit, fuck fuck fuck! can't these jewish fucking jews just fuck off for a half a second?!

Michel Ancel has never made a bad game

BGE2 will not be always online because BGE2 will never come out
it had a niche audience before, and after the reveal they alienated the entirety of the audience by presenting a loud, obnoxious and ugly game which does not appeal to anyone on earth
It was originally announced as a prequel, then they turned it into a sequel in the next trailer and pretended it was never a prequel, they have no fucking plan and are basically operating on a shoestring budget hoping to secure more funds if the behind the scenes shit is real
I've never seen a game foreshadow its own cancellation so badly in my life

>with a rich co-op and seamless experience

Attached: 1441125144183.jpg (720x648, 39K)

michel ancel more like michel incel lol

Why do they keep butchering IPs for making "reboots" that have nothing to do with the original? The game can be good (prey) but there is no brand recognition anyway - not many people know this game from 16 years ago and those who do won't buy into that kind of marketing. It just makes no sense

>the zelda-esque thing what they ended up having to settle for

The whole point was that they wanted to have multiple planets and all that shit, on top of the Zelda style progression.

BG&E has possibly the best soundtrack of any game ever released.

see Some people have even pointed out that the LOADSOFPLANETS, procgen shit is giving that No Man's Sky impression to them

Because it isn't enough that you pay for it once, it is that you should keep paying for it for as long as the "Service" lasts, nothing is sacred to these people.

>enjoy BG&E
>Buy the second for the story/solo experience
>Get banned for glitches/toxicity etc

Can't wait

What, you don't like the happy hehe monkey and the multicultural society and the always online and the micro-transactions and the live service?
You must be a bigot and we will take your money now.

Can't wait for them to cry about bigots when it bombs.

It makes my fucking eyes roll when they do that.
Are they incapable of admitting they made a shit product no one wanted and it flopped like it deserved?

It's probably only going to be available on Ubi's store anyway. That and Ubi's current development trends most apparent in their open world games, so I already gave up on it long ago.