Which DMC games should I play if I want to get into the series? is it worth going through all 4 before playing the 5th...

which DMC games should I play if I want to get into the series? is it worth going through all 4 before playing the 5th? i've heard from here and there that 3 is the only one worth playing

thoughts?

Attached: dmc collection.jpg (460x215, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How many fucking times must people ask the same question today?
>5 games in the series
Yet you still think it's a good idea to ask if you should play any of them before 5.

1,3 and 4 are all different enough with their own pros and cons and are deffinitely worth playing. Only played one mission of 2, not sure I can be bothered playing through it.

sounds like you've been on Yea Forums too much in one day there, champ

You would be surprised how many apes ask the same question every other minute.

I played through Dante disc for DMC2. Don't do it, it's fucking horrible. I expected it to be shit, and it was so much worse. It's barely even a functional game, more like a basic prototype that hasn't been tested at all.

1-3-4-5, easy

1, 3, 4

Don't be faggot unlike almost everyone in this thread and play all of them,in fact, watch the anime and read the novels too, if you don't like DMC 2 then power through Dante Disc and be done with it you stupid fucking nigger holy shit you subhumans make MAD AS FUCK.

3 and 4. Skip the rest

KYS

I just went through all of them (except 2) for the first time in like 2 weeks, and they were all pretty good. Definitely worth playing all of them.

Why 2 is so disliked?

1, 3, 4, 5. In this order please

youtube.com/watch?v=lcvw1E0Mcac

Play 4 watch 3

If PC only, 3, then 4, then 5. If you've got PS2 or can emulate it, dunno if it goes well, play DMC 1 too.

The series is all about keeping combos going in rather small arenas and very tough enemies.
DMC2 is a joke where enemies dont attack, the levels are hugefuck so you cant chain stuff up, its hard to upkeep combos, its hard to die, etc.
Also problems in the movement system. For instance, the jump is clunky and dont merge into your walking animation

Enjoy your clunky shit

PC has the remastered version and all the games play well.

I'm on the same boat as you, OP. Never played a DMC game before so I bought the HD Collection; right now I'm playing 1 on hard and I just won the second fight against Nelo Angelo
Don't listen to the people saying to skip 1; it's a perfectly playable, fun game.

Based

Why because its Easy?

DMC 1 and 2 are boring cringe shit
The series doesnt really start until 3 where the party gets crazy

The thing I disliked the most about it were the ugly big empty levels

you play them in release order
1 & 3 are mandatory
4 isn't half bad, I didn't liked it much but it's worth playing
don't ever play 2

Combat feels like you're underwater, limited combo variety, no unlockable moves or alternative melee weapons, bosses often attack from long range and can't be hit by your sword, enemies lack aggressiveness, the environments are mostly brown, the story is problematic, the acting is bad, and despite the vastly decreased difficulty, it's virtually impossible to get s ranks because the mission ranking system is broken, as is the style meter.

So I'm shit tier trash but I like the action and plot, should I stop trying to do those challenge missions in the first and plough through all 5 games before I play 5?

I feel DMC needs some love too since I bought it during a sale but I know not to treat it as cannon but as it's own thing

I just finished DMC1 and didn't do a single challenge mission kek. Just play them all (DMC2 and reboot is optional), they're quite short so you could easily finish them all before 5 comes out

Thank you, I was worried I was gonna be called out for being weak, only game of this type I was good at was bayonetta and that's because of the dodge cancel saving my ass, I'm a button masher at heart and those challenges slown me down because I had to pace my combat

Dmc2 has way more flaws. Not only the difficulty level

EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP
This is how you do it, OP.
Play 1, it's the first game and it's good, dummy.
Try 2, yes it's shit but you don't have to beat it. Just give it a whirl so you have an idea of what the commotion is all about, and the moment you start getting bored shut it the fuck off.
Play 3, the game everyone raves on about, but don't skip to this stage, you fucker.
Play 4, it leads up to 5 and it has the best combat so far (not counting 5) but half the content is recycled due to development issues.
Haven't played DmC but from what I heard, apart from the characters being called Dante and Vergil and the style ranking being piss easy to exploit, it's not a bad action game.

It's a functional game shockingly enough, it's just mind-numbingly boring

You have no combos and can pretty much just beat the game by maxing guns, which you'll want to do to save yourself the trouble of having to actually do the melee combat

On DmC, I found it to be a slightly above average action game. The story is such utter dogshit that it's actually entertaining, sort of like an edgy version of The Room, the gameplay is repetitive and pretty easy but it does its job.

I think it would've been decently well received if they changed the names of all characters, and that's all you'd have to do to separate it from DMC because it has nothing to do with the original games at all.

Of course it doesn't hold a candle to any of the actual DMC games, but it's a decent playthrough if you find yourself wanting more action after beating all 5 games. I like it more than GoW.

Start with 3. It's considered the peak of the series by most and marks the beginning of the story. It's the first in the series to emphasize over-the-top style.

1 follows up on many of the plot elements in 3 and is the prototype for the series. It tells its story more seriously and has a darker tone, as it's closer to its roots as a Resident Evil prototype. The combat is more clunky, but the atmosphere is superior. It serves as the foundation for further plot developments.

4 is preferred by some over 3. It experiments with a new character and takes the story in a new direction. The special edition has the most content in the series.

The reboot features a completely different plot, cast, and setting. The combat emphasizes ease of use. Overall, there are fewer options and the story isn't as good; the characters are less charismatic, the plot takes itself too seriously, and the writing lacks self-awareness. Still, the reboot presents some unique ideas in the design and gives perspective on what makes the series great and provides insight into the current mindset of the fanbase.

2 should only be played as a last resort. It fails in every facet and only serves to highlight how the other games are superior in every way. If you beat the game on hard mode, you unlock Trish, whose unique playstyle makes her the only fun character to play.

1: most basic combatyet the most complex (your moveset and weapon quantity is very reduced but they have their own utility against each enemy) Still has the best enemy AI and design. Best stage design
2: play it if you are curious. It worths nothing.
3: introduce stylish gameplay. Has the best weapons and bosses in the series. Stage design is regular. Enemy AI and design is good sometimes but it starts to feel basic from here. Best game in the series
4: best gameplay in the series. You can pick up to 5 characters which is great. Enemy design is not that good and bosses are recycled over and over again. Stage design is the worst in the series. Pretty much an unfinished game, but still worth for the gameplay

Just play 2 and go straight into 5 ignore all these other trolls and you'll be fine.

4 makes me sad, it has so much potential and the gameplay is amazing, but I can't really think of any FUN enemies to fight, and the levels are shit.

I prefer the enemies in 4 to 3. I would rather fight a room of assaults than 2 of those angel fuckers from 3

>imagine Trish getting pinned against a gray wall, that's the same color of her fucking boring bitch-ass character who imperonates moms becuase she's literally an unholy wretch with no dignity whatsoever, while at the same time the demon-whore who suckled Mundus' big red tri-balls and had so much piss-stained demon cum splurged all over her hair, it got dyed blond, is being fisted with pizza up her matrix-2000 black fetish pants ripped apart, so hard the term yeast infection gets a new meaning, and with her last whoreish, skanky, breaths she coughs up the crusty, hell-cum out her ps2-octagon mouth, leaving her dark soul unfilled, yet her ass stuffed to the brim

Attached: dante embarrassing.jpg (294x294, 19K)

challenge missions are there for people who already know the ins and outs of the combat and even then they aren't always fun. you don't have to feel bad for skipping them.

The assaults and the Blanco are decent enemies, but almost every other enemy will do something to piss you off. The chimera, and especially the assault chimera, are the most unforgivably unfun enemies ever. I'd rather go head-to-head with Trismagius than fight an enemy that attacks randomly without warning and there's nothing you can do about it.

I didn't actually mention the secret missions, but they are quite terrible. Unlike the other games, the secret missions are just a series of combat rooms. God help you if you make it to mission 60 because you have to fight three copies of the final boss, but the camera angle stays the same, so you just get pelted with projectiles from off-screen.

>2nd griffon fight in dmc1

I'm really enjoying the game and it holds up for the most part, the atmosphere is amazing, but this bossfight is one of the worst in the series. The camerafuckery is real, and griffon is a bad boss to begin with since he's rangespam.

3, 1, 2(optional), 4

It's probably important to clarify that the plot in dmc2 is COMPLETELY independent and has no bearing on the overarching story, which is why it's okay to skip it. It would've been a major bummer if it had turned out to be integral to the plot.